Chapter 8: Even I Tried So Hard To Forget

When The Flower Blooms

Lisa’s Apartment, 12.05am

“You sure you don’t want to go back? Did you call your mom?” Lisa asked while taking out the extra blanket and pillow for Jennie. The two decided to crashed at Lisa’s house because Jennie refused to go back to her mansion. When Lisa asked why, Jennie answer was simple. She didn’t want to see Kai.

Jennie was laying on Lisa’s bed scrolling thru her Instagram, she rolled over on her stomach and look at Lisa “Geez Lisa, I’ve told you so many times, I’ve texted my mom too, telling her I’d be spending the night with you.”

“Well I’m just worried, you know how protective your family of you, I mean you’re their only princess! Here your pillow.” Lisa handed Jennie the extra pillow.

Jennie took the pillow and hugged it, she watched as Lisa walked over to her desk and open up her laptop. Jennie pouted when Lisa decided to do her assignment instead of spending time with her. “You’re not going to sleep?” Jennie asked.

“I have assignment that I gotta submit this weekend Nini…” Lisa replied, her eyes were focus on her laptop.

“But…I’m here…” Jennie pouted.

“Well, you can go sleep first if you’re tired.” Lisa suggested, which made the petite girl pouted even more.

“I mean I’m over here Lisa, on your bed…”

“Yeah I see you Nini…” Lisa frowned when she turned to face Jennie who was laying seductively on the bed, Lisa blushed a bit, but she remained calm.

“Do you…you know…want to…sleep together?” Jennie suggested, but she couldn’t keep her blushed down.

“Didn’t I told you I’ll sleep once I’ve finished my assignment?” Lisa raised her shoulder.

Jennie rolled her eyes and she rolled over again lying flat on her back, she pulled the blanket over and wished Lisa good night. Lisa was puzzled at Jennie’s attitude, she knew that there is something that bothering Jennie, but Lisa just didn’t know what it is. Lisa looked back and forth at her laptop and Jennie. Lisa sighed and saved all of her documents before shutting down her laptop. She climbed up the bed and she snuggled Jennie from behind. Jennie did not responded, Lisa nudged Jennie’s head with her forehead, but no respond.

“Nini…are you mad?” Lisa asked softly.

Jennie did not reply. Lisa s her arm around Jennie’s waist and nudged her again “Nini?” Lisa asked cutely.

“Are you mad at me?” Lisa asked again and this down her voice cracked, which made Jennie quickly turned to her.

“No…” Jennie said softly while cupping Lisa’s face “I’m not mad.” Jennie smiled.

“That’s good then.” Lisa smiled with tears in her eyes.

Jennie’s heart melted at Lisa’ teary smiles, she kissed the younger girl on her forehead then her nose before she planted a kiss on her lips. “I love you so much Lisa…so much that it’s hurt to think about going my days without you.”

“I love you too Nini…I love you so much, that I think I can’t breathe without you by my side.” Lisa replied. Jennie kissed Lisa again and Lisa reciprocated the kiss, Jennie unconsciously deepened the kiss and she moaned a little which caused Lisa to break the kiss. Jennie was a little disappointed when Lisa pulled away. Lisa agape while looking at Jennie.

“What’s wrong?” Jennie asked.

“I….I think I’m gonna have a heart attack…” Lisa said jokingly, but Jennie took it seriously. She immediately sit up and check on Lisa.

“Are you okay?!”

Lisa gets up and pinned Jennie down, Jennie gasped and blushed when she saw that Lisa is on top.

“No, I’m not okay…” Lisa said softly. Lisa looked at Jennie lovingly and she caressed Jennie cheeks “I’m not okay because I’m trying to control myself around you, and yet you seduced me, now I can’t control myself, how are you gonna compensate me?” Lisa asked and caused Jennie to blush that her face is as red as tomato. “So she knows that I’ve been sending her signal.” Jennie thought.

“I don’t know…maybe we could…” Jennie paused and she wrapped her arms around Lisa’s neck and pulled Lisa closer so she could whisper at her ear “Continue what we started earlier.”

Lisa smiled and she leaned down to capture the lips that is eager waiting for hers. All that was on Jennie mind that night was Lisa’s hand exploring her body, wet kisses that planted all over her body, Lisa was so gentle with her, it was their first time and both didn’t know what to do. They only let their feelings lead the way.

 

Wendy’s Apartment 6.30am

Irene woke up feeling a little sore, she slowly sit up and scanned her surrounding, and noticed that she was in the living room, “Oh right, I fell asleep at the couch while comforting Wendy last night.” Irene thought as she slowly gets up from the couch. Her lips were a little dry and she wanted to get some water in the kitchen to quench her thirst. Once she stepped into the kitchen, she was greeted by half Wendy. Wendy was standing by the counter only in her sport bra and short.

“Oh good morning Irene-unnie!” Wendy greeted.

“Morning…why are you so sweaty?” Irene asked, looking puzzled. She grabbed a glass and went to get herself a cup of water, Wendy too went to the refrigerator and get herself a bottle of cold water and chugged it down instantly.

“I went for a run and I bought us breakfast.” Wendy pointed at the dining table, where she put the breakfast that she bought at the nearby café.

“You went out for a run? With an injury on your head?”

“My head is fine.” Wendy replied while lightly touching her wound.

“And you went out running like that?” Irene asked while her eyes looking at Wendy from head to toe “The weather is a little chilly nowadays you know?”

“I just need to clear my head.” Wendy replied while taking out the sandwich that she bought from the paper bag. “I hope you’re okay with Monte Cristo Sandwich.”

“As long as there’s no chicken.” Irene replied and proceed to join Wendy at the dining table.

“You should take care of yourself better Wendy. Go out running with these…” Irene paused and pointed at Wendy not so modest sportswear “You will catch cold…”

Wendy handed Irene the sandwich and her a cup of tea “Don’t worry, they said an idiot won’t catch cold that easily.” Wendy laughed but Irene did not find it amusing at all.

“Stop degrading yourself like that Wendy, you’re not an idiot, and you’re very smart and kind.” Irene disagreeing with Wendy.

Wendy smiled and just keep quiet, she seated herself opposite of Irene, open her sandwich packaging and take a bite of it. Irene noticed the younger girl being a little too quiet, so she clear to get Wendy’s attention.

Wendy looked up and raised her eyebrows “You don’t like the sandwich?” Wendy asked.

“Is something bothering you Wendy?” Irene asked.

“No…” Wendy lied.

“You’re being weird since last night…and I demand to know why.” Irene demanded.

Wendy stop chewing on her sandwich, and stare into blank space. She opened and said “I still love her unnie…I tried to avoid her throughout these few years. Yesterday seeing her being so happy talking about her marriage with her now boyfriend, my heartache…I realized that I still love her…”

Irene frowned a little, she trying to combine the pieces together, when did Wendy saw her ex? Last night Wendy was okay when they had their diner. Then Irene remembered that Wendy’s expression changed when they passed a café that showed a show about Red Velvet. Then Irene thought to herself “It can’t be her right?”

“Wendy…”

“Yes?” Wendy replied while trying to hold her tears.

“Is…your ex…” before Irene could finish her sentence, her phone rang. They both were shocked by Irene’s absurd ringtone, Irene look at the caller ID. Her face expression changed, she excuse herself and went to the living room to pick up the call.

Wendy just watch the older girl walked away. She continued to eat her sandwich while thinking about how happy she and joy used to be.

 

Flashback 6 years ago

“Wendy ah…” Joy called out for her girlfriend.

“Yes?” Wendy was focused on her laptop, she was doing her assignment. Joy grunted and crossed her arms. Wendy took a peek at her sulking GF, she sighed and closed her laptop. She gently tried to pry Joy’s arms “What is it?” she asked gently “I’m all ears now baby.”

“I made my time to meet you and this is what you do? Do your assignment? Come on Wen, now that I’m a SM trainee, it’s really hard for me to come out and have a date with you…” Joy sulked.

Wendy knew that they will not be able to spend more time like how they used too during their high school years when Joy told her that she is accepted into SM as SM trainees. Wendy is currently in her sophomore year in college, taking up a music and art major. She tried to balance her life between study, work and spending time with Joy. However she is not good at it, Joy was always upset by Wendy who always broke her promises.

Wendy rubbed her thumb at the back of Joy’s hand and tried to make Joy to look at her “Baby, please, I know spending time with you should be my priority because we’re both busy, but you gotta know, what I’m doing is for our future. Imagine this, you and I collaborate, I’ll write you a song and then you win the Daesang award…just imagine that.”

Joy smiled and she leaned forward toward Wendy “Hmm…what kind of songs do you want me to sing then Son PD?”

“I don’t know…maybe…a y type?” Wendy raised her eyebrows playfully.

Joy laughed and smacked Wendy’s shoulder playfully “I’ll be waiting for that day where you will write me a song and then we both win the Daesang together.”

“It’s a promised Joy ah…”

“Promise, my love.” Joy sealed the promised by kissing Wendy’s hand and Wendy kissed Joy’s hand back.

 

End of Flashback.

 

Wendy scoffed when she remembered the stupid promised that they made “Now you got your soon to be husband to write you a song, you don’t even need me…do you even remember that promise?” Wendy thought.

Irene entered the kitchen again with a serious expression. She seated herself opposite Wendy, took a sip of her tea and took a bite of her sandwich.

“Did something happened?” Wendy asked.

“Oh nothing…just and phone call from my bank…” Irene said

“Do you…need money?” Wendy asked again, taking last bite of her sandwich.

“No Wendy…just that my ex fiancé had just return me back my money.”

“Oh…” there was a hint of sadness in Wendy’s voice. Irene knew why she sounded sad so Irene reached for Wendy’s hand and rubbed her thumb at the back of her hand.

“Even so, can I still stay with you? I can start paying for my rent.” Irene suggested “I mean…if you want me to move out I will…I just need to…”

“No! You can stay!” Wendy cut Irene off without hesitation which caused the older girl to laugh.

“If you wanted to…” Wendy mumbled softly after she realized how desperate she sounded.

“I like living with you Wendy…at least I won’t feel lonely…” Irene smiled.

Wendy was happy, at least she also won’t feel lonely anymore if Irene is around. They both chatted for a while before Wendy excuses herself to take her bath and Irene told her to leave the cleaning to her. Irene finished her tea and sandwich, then she cleans up the dining table, she jumped when she heard her phone rings again. “I really need to change that ringtone…” she thought to herself and went to get her phone to check on the caller ID.

SEULGI CALLING

Irene saw the name and she decided to blocked the number and face her phone down before she went to her room to take her bath and get ready to go to work. After she had done taking her bath and all, Irene went out to the laundry room and did the laundry and she gasped when she saw that Wendy didn’t separate her underwear and her normal clothes.

She stormed and knocked on Wendy’s door “Yah I told you to separate your underwear and your clothes but why are they still together in the same basket?”

There was silence inside the room, no answer. Irene paced in front of the room, she is contemplating whether to barged in or ask for Wendy’s permission politely. She decided to try and knock again, and again no answer. She tried to turn the door knob and she thanked God when it was unlocked. Irene barged in she wanted to scold Wendy but she found Wendy laying on the ground, hugging a notebook crying. Irene anger was washed away and she silently kneeled beside Wendy, she brushed the younger girl’s hair. She stayed silence because she knows whatever that she’s going to say won’t even comfort Wendy. Wendy looked up to Irene with red and puffy eyes, her face was wet because of her tears, she tried to wipe her tears away with her palm. Wendy hugged the notebook tightly to her heart. Irene didn’t know why, she started to cry together with Wendy. She pulled Wendy into a tight hug and they bawled into each other shoulder.

“I still love her after all of these years Irene-ah…” Wendy bawled.

Irene patted the girl on her back while trying to hold in her tears from falling anymore. She hated to cry in front of others, but she didn’t know why she cried when she saw Wendy cried. Maybe it was because of the phone call this morning.

Flashback

“What do you want Joy?” Irene asked annoyingly.

“Unnie, I know things are bad now between you and Seulgi, but please talk to her…after our encounter, Seulgi hadn’t been out from her room, she didn’t eat, she didn’t even wanna talk to us. Please unnie.” Joy begged

“I don’t want to do anything with that person anymore.” Irene said coldly.

“Unnie…Seulgi unnie really love you, she really does.”

“If she loves me, why didn’t she tried to find me and explain to me why she left me that day?”

“Unnie…you know there’s nothing happened between Sunmi and Seulgi unnie right? Yes, she indeed spent the night at Sunmi unnie’s house but they did nothing.”

“I can’t trust you or her anymore Joy…delete my number and don’t call me anymore…”

“Unnie! Please just meet her once, please meet her once and let her explain to you what really happened, and after that whatever you want to do to her it’s all up to you…please.” Joy begged again.

There was a long pause on Irene’s side, she was thinking whether or not she let Seulgi explain herself.

“There will be a ball this Saturday, it will be organized by your Fiance Yoo Sungjae’s family am I right?”

“Yeah…but how do you know? It was supposed to be private and…”

“If you can tag Seulgi and Yeri to the ball with you I will listen to Seulgi’s reason.” Irene cut Joy’s off.

“That should not be a problem, but how are you gonna get in unnie?”

“Yah…I got my connection…”

“Okay…I’ll tell Sungjae and Seulgi.”

Without even bid Joy’s goodbye Irene hang up and she took a deep breath. Thinking about Seulgi and what she had done to her made the young maiden’s heart shattered little by little. She deleted Joy’s number from her phone and went back to the kitchen.

End of Flashback.

The two girls finally calm down. Irene had her back rested on Wendy’s bed frame and she was cradling Wendy in her embrace. She rocked Wendy back and forth because Wendy is still sobbing while holding to the baby blue notebook. Irene hummed a song to soothed Wendy’s mood and it did calm the younger girl down. Irene stopped humming and rocking back and forth when she felt that the girl in her embrace had somehow calm down. She tilted her head to take a look at Wendy. Wendy tilted her head up to look at Irene, their eyes locked and Irene didn’t know she had the urge to leaned down and capture Wendy’s lips. Irene leaned down and their lips were inches away then Wendy suddenly turned away and get up from Irene’s embrace. Irene were a little disappointed but she was more surprised at her own daring move that almost made her kiss Wendy.

“I’m sorry I’ve wet your shirt with my tears.” Wendy laughed when she noticed the wet stained on Irene’s shirt. Irene just shrugged it off and looked at Wendy. They locked eyes for a couple of minutes without even saying a word. Wendy held out her hand, Irene accepted it and Wendy pulled Irene up. Now they both are standing, Wendy pulled Irene into a tight hug which surprised the older girl.

“I might get addicted to your hugs unnie. But thank you for being here with me. I feel a lot better today.” Wendy thanked Irene.

Irene rested her chin on Wendy’s shoulder “If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I will be here for you.” Irene said. They slowly pulled away and locked eyes for second before both laughed.

“You look so ugly crying.” Irene teased Wendy. Wendy gasped disbelief when Irene said she looked ugly.

“Well I’m sorry that I am not you, who always looked so beautiful even when you cry.”

Irene just smiled at Wendy and dare she said it, if Wendy were any closer, she’ll probably going to lose her control. Did she fall for the younger girl? Maybe it was just a pent up ual frustration, Irene thought. Irene reached for Wendy’s cheek and she helped the girl to wiped away the tears.

“Stop crying Wendy…come one, let’s go to our café! If I didn’t remember wrongly, you promised a certain customer of you that you will meet her and her GF today didn’t you?”

“Ah! Yeji!!” Wendy exclaimed when she remembered about the cat eyed girl.

“Unnie go get change! You can’t go to work wearing wrinkly clothes like that!”

“It was your fault it got wrinkly!” Irene pouted.

 

 

Rosé’s House 8am

“Chaeyoung ah, don’t forget your files!” a late-20s girl shouted at the blonde.

“Unnie! You are a life saver!!” Rosé gasped when she saw her older sister waving her project files at her.

“Stop being forgetful can you?” Rosé’s older sister, Alice sighed at the younger girl.

Rosé grinned at her older sister then her focus went back to her phone, her sister was standing beside her waiting for her to look at her.

“Well?” Alice asked.

“Well what?” Rosé asked again without taking her focus of her phone.

“Aren’t you getting in the car? I have a court case proceeding at 10 Rosé-ah, unnie got no time for you.”

“Oh! No unnie, it’s okay, Jisoo is coming to pick me up.” Rosé finally put down her phone and looked at her older sister who was having the funniest reaction Rosé ever seen.

“What?” Rosé asked shyly.

“Did you confessed to her Roseanne Park Chaeyoung?!! Are you two now official?!!” Alice gasped.

“Shush unnie! Not so loud or dad is gonna hear us!” Rosé quickly shushed her.

“Well dad and mom kinda know you are gay Chae-ah, nothing to hide from them.” Alice shrugged as she opens her car and throw in all of her case files at the passenger seat.

“Yes, but you still remember when Jisoo first visit to our house and she fed dad’s gold fish until that poor fish too because his stomach pop for being too full?”

“Ugh, don’t remind me of that…” Alive shrivelled when she remembered the horror look on her parents and younger sister look at that time.

“I’m afraid dad still hold grudge against Jisoo…” Rosé sighed.

Alice smiled and she brushed her sister’s hair “Chaeyoung ah, Jisoo is a good person, I think she will be a great girlfriend to you, and as long as she treats you better, dad wouldn’t mind taking in his ‘pet fish killer’ as his daughter in law.”

“We’re not yet official unnie…”

“…..”

“Don’t look at me like that.” Rosé said when she saw that her sister had this most shocked expression on her face,

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU TWO ARE NOT OFFICIAL YET?! PARK CHAEYOUNG THAT DAY YOU’RE COMING HOME LATE, DID YOU TWO DO IT?! I’MMA SUE THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING JI…” Alice was cut by Rosé who clasped her own hand on her sister’s mouth to prevent her from continue ranting.

“We want to take things slow unnie, we don’t want to rush thing…” Rosé.

Alice just sighed and patted her sister on the shoulder, but then a black Mercedes stopped in front of their house. Jisoo popped her head from the car window, Jisoo wave at Alice and Alice showed her the disgusted face.
 

“There’s my cue unnie! Gotta go!” Rosé gave Alice a kiss on both cheek and then she skipped happily toward Jisoo’s car.

“Yah Kim Jisoo! You better take care of my little sister!” Alice shouted before Jisoo drive away. Jisoo gave Alice a thumb up and said that she will take a good care of Rosé.

 

“Your older sister is scary…” Jisoo said.

“That’s why she is a perfect fit to become a lawyer.”

“Geez, I don’t want to get involved with your family, all of them are lawyers…”

“Well I am not~” Rosé whined cutely.

“Aiya, so cute!! Anyway, where do you want to do after classes?”

 

To be continue…

A/N:

Okay, a little spoiler here, maybe in the next chapter or the chapter after that…WenRene gonna have a huge fight. If you’re guessing that they fight because they meet JoyGi, nope you are wrong ~ Please stay tune for next chapter update! I’m sorry the story pace going to be very slow and lengthy! If it's too slow do tell me.

And anyone here a fan of YEJISU?