Chapter 33: The Real Crown Princess

When The Flower Blooms

Kojima House

“Please have a drink.” Haruna invited as she serve them a hot cup of tea.

Wendy thanked Haruna and she averted her gaze to the tense and awkward Baes. Irene had her arms and legs crossed and a cold expression on her face. Suzy fidgeted on her seat. She is afraid of Irene’s cold gaze. Wendy nudges Irene to get her back to reality, because she knows Irene is thinking of something every time she got that expression on her face. Irene gets back to her sense and she got a little flustered.

“You’ve grown…” Irene said and she immediately regretted it. Of course Suzy had grown it had been 20 years since she last saw her.

“Well, it has been 20 years…” Suzy shrugged.

“Suzy-ah…I’ve come to take you back…to your real family.” Irene speaks up and Haruna once again had the pained expression on her face but she quickly cover it with a smile.

“I can’t…my place is here with my sister.” Suzy declined.

“Suzy, you don’t understand…” Irene sighed “You are not ordinary person…you are more than that…”

Suzy look at Irene with confuse expression “What do you mean unnie?”

“Your father didn’t tell you anything did he?”

“Tell me what?” Suzy asked, she is getting more and more anxious.

Irene took out the her Imperial Seal of the Korean Royal Household and show it to Suzy “You studied Korean Culture didn’t you, then can you tell me what is this?”

Suzy carefully study the emblem on the seal and she recognized it “This is the imperial seal of Sout Korea…how did you get this? Only the royal family can hold the seal…” then it hit Suzy she quickly looks up to meet with Irene’s gaze “Are you…by any chance…”

“Well the report about you being a smart one is true…yes Suzy I am a royal family members…so are you.”

“What…No…No way…”

“It is true Suzy…Your father Bae Jaejoong is the rightful heir of the South Korea royal throne…and you are his daughter, the rightful heir of the crown princess of South Korea…” Irene revealed.

Suzy could not believe in what she just heard, she looks at Wendy for confirmation and Wendy just nod her head to affirm what Suzy just heard.

“Suzy, you have to go back to South Korea and take back what is yours…the throne that my father is going to take over is yours…”

“Why…”

“Because you’re the…”

“No! I mean why now?!!” Suzy cried, she just cut off Irene’s sentences “Why only now you decided to come and look for me? Why father never told me the truth?”

Wendy could see herself in Suzy, because the situation that Suzy faces now is the same as when she learned the truth about her mothers. Wendy sympathizes with Suzy, she offers Suzy a tissue to wipe away her tears.

“Suzy…”

“Irene…just tell Suzy the truth…don’t keep going around the bush. She needs to know why her father never told her.” Wendy said to Irene.

Irene took a deep breath and begin to speak “Your father, Prince Jaejoong fell in love with a commoner, and when he decided to marry her, our grandfather the current king, banished him from the palace and he and his family were banned from entering the royal palace anymore. My father was close to his big brother, he still meet him even though our grandfather told him not too…your father didn’t want you to know about your lineage because he didn’t want to tie you to the royal’s rules. He wants you to live freely.”

 

Flashback

“Brother…” Jaeho greeted his older brother.

“Oh! You’re here Ho-ah! Suzy, say hi to uncle…” Jaejoong was holding his daughter and she waved at her uncle.

Jaeho was surprised to see Suzy “Hi Suzy, how old are you?” Jaeho asked.

“I am fwa…” Suzy replied cutely.

“Daddy…” Irene appeared from behind her father and she looked at Suzy and Jaejoong curiously.

“Oh you must be Joohyun huh?” Jaejoong greeted his niece.

“Joohyun-ah…he is your uncle.”

Irene bowed to her uncle, Jaejoong pinched Irene lightly on the cheek “Aigoo…she going to grow up beautifully…”

“Hyungnim…” Jaeho called for his brother “Are you not planning to go back to the palace?”

Jaejoong put Suzy down and he turned to Irene “Joohyun ah, can you bring Suzy to go play over there?” he pointed at the playground.

Irene obeyed, she holds Suzy’s little hand and bring her to the playground to play. Jaejoong watch them go with eyes full of love. Suzy is his whole world now. Once he make sure that his daughter is playing safe with Irene, he turned to his brother.

“Father had be banished from the palace didn’t he? So there is no reason for me to go back.”

“You are the crown prince, brother.”

“Not anymore…now you are the crown prince.”

“Brother.”

“Look Jaeho…I know you don’t want to be the crown prince and I know that I am being selfish for given up my responsibility to my little brother but I don’t want to live in a world where I am restricted by rules and I can’t love who I want…I love my wife very much and my daughter…they are my world now.”

“Have you told Suzy about her lineage?”

“She doesn’t need to know…I don’t want her to live as a princess who will be bound to all those ridiculous royal rules. I want her to be free.”

“You cannot deny her of her real identity, brother.”

“She is my daughter Jaeho.”

“Brother…what about me?”

Jaejoong didn’t answered Jaeho, he only kept silent and stare at his daughter playing with her older cousin. Jaejoong patted Jaeho on the shoulder and smiled at him before he approached his daughter and told her it’s time to go home. Suzy whined when her father want her to stop playing. She was enjoying Irene’s company, Irene told Suzy to not cry anymore and told her that they will meet again and play again. Suzy wiped her tears and she made a pinky promised with Irene. Both of the children grinned from ear to ear and waved good bye to each other.

“Daddy! Can you bring me out to play with Suji again?” the 8 years old Irene asked.

“Okay…” Jaeho promised his daughter.

End of Flashback

“I am trying to change the law Suzy ah…and I can only do it if you are there to help me…” Irene knelt and she bowed with tears in here eyes.

Wend saw that Irene knelt she kneels too and she bowed to beg Suzy.

“Suzy-chan please don’t make them kneel like this…” Haruna begged Suzy. Suzy looks at her sister, she saw fears and tears in her eyes.

“Get up…I will go back to Korea with you two…” Suzy agreed.

Irene had never been so happy before, she sees there are hope for her to disregard her princess status and live the normal life that she wanted.

“But with one condition…” Suzy’s words made Irene frozen “Haruna is coming with me.”

Irene looked at Haruna, and then she look back to Suzy “It should be fine…”

“Then I will go back to Korea…after I finish my reports that is due in two weeks.”

“How I know if you won’t break your promise?” Irene asked skeptically.

Suzy shows her pinky “Let’s make a pinky promise…”

Suddenly the pinky promise that Suzy and her made during their childhood came back to Irene, she had promised Suzy that she will come back to play with her again. But she never did because 2 weeks after that, the news about her uncle death reached the palace, and Irene thought she had lost her baby cousin forever. Irene sealed the promise with their pinky.

Seoul

“Yo~~” Yerin from Gfriend greeted the gloomy Joy “Yuck you seems a little gloomy today.”

“Yeri-ah!” Joy cried and launch herself at her best friend’s shoulder.

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong?” Yerin asked.

“Where were you when I needed you the most?!” Joy scolded her friend.

“Wah…” Yerin was speechless when she got scold by Joy. “Dear Sooyoung, I just came back from my group promotion in Japan, and I’m being the good friend I am came to check on you after I heard about all that happened within short amount of time when I was in Japan…and you’re scolding me?! I should be the one who scold you! What the hell that happened to you when I was gone?!”

“A lot…” Joy calmed herself down “but the past is not important, I’ll tell you when we got the time, because gurl, it’s gonna take us a full week to full cover what had happened. I did a terrible things, but the important things now is…I think I like someone…” Joy confessed.

Yerin almost choke on Joy’s drink, because she had been drinking Joy’s drink since she came because the girl just too lazy to go and order for herself.

“WHAT?! You like someone? You’ve finally move on from your ex? Not Sungjae, but your real ex…” Yerin knew that Joy didn’t love Sungjae, it was only a facade to help SM gained more shares.

Joy nodded shyly, Yerin was agaping in disbelieve “Who is it?” Yerin asked.

“Kang Seulgi…”

Yerin spits out her water upon hearing the name “KANG SEULGI?!!”

“Shsshhh! Yerin you’re attracting people’s attention!!” Joy shushed her best friend.

“No, I can’t believe you would fall for her! Out of so many female idols in this industry and you choose to fall for your band mate…”

“Eh! Look at who’s talking?! Didn’t you date two of your own members?!” Joy tried to be a little dramatic and she received a death glare from Yerin.

“Sorry…” Joy apologized “I don’t know what should I do…I moved out from the dorm because I wanted to avoid her, and then she came to the practice room today with all the flowers and chocolate trying to ask me out on a date…and asked me to be her girlfriend. I mean which idiot that assumed we kissed once and now I am obliged to be her girlfriend?!”

Yerin stare at Joy wide eyes when she heard the word ‘kissed’ “Kissed?!!”

“It just happened you know, I was shot, and resting at the hospital, she was there, trying to comfort me and it just happened.”

“Wait…you were shot?!!”

“Yerin ah…did you watch the news or not? “

“I was busy…” Yerin replied.

“Even to check on your friend?”

Yerin rolled her eyes at Joy, she loved her friend but some time she can be too savage for her to handle. “I’m calling Hayoung…” Yerin said.

“What no!” Joy whined.

Kyoto, Japan

Yeri was enjoying every bit of the things she saw at Kyoto, she forced Ryujin to rent kimono wears for them and Ryujin reluctantly agreed. It was like a mini date for them and Yeri finds that Ryujin is kinda cool. She is a little boyish now that she had been with her the whole day.

“Ryujin ah! Why are you so slow?!” Yeri called for the younger girl.

“Whose idea it was that we should wear kimono while walking around Kyoto?!” Ryujin shouted. She hated that the kimono restraining her movement. Ryujin saw a group of man approaching them, she quickly grabbed Yeri by the wrist and hide Yeri behind her.

“Shin Ryujin…” the man greets Ryujin

“Ryujin-sama!!” Mr. Shinagawa runs toward Ryujin and shielded her.

“Take Yeri home Shinagawa-san…” Ryujin commanded.

“Ryujin…what’s is going on?” Yeri asked in stammering manner.

“Ryujin-sama!”

“Do you dare to disobey me?!” Ryujin glared at Shinagawa.

Shinagawa bowed light and he tugged Yeri with her. Yeri protested but Shinagawa told her to just follow for now.

“Ryujin ah!” Yeri called for Ryujin.

Ryujin turns to her and wave at Yeri before she was capture by the other men.

“Mr. Shinagawa why did you let them catch Ryujin?! She will be killed if she is caught by the opposition group no?! Why didn’t you try to save her?!” Yeri struggled to try to pry herself from Shinagawa grab.

“It was her request Miss Yeri…I can’t disobey her request…”

“What do you mean her request?!”

Flashback to 2 hours earlier

“Shinagawa-san…”

“Yes Ryujin-sama…”

“We are going to the Nakazawa territory later…I know they’ve already know that I am here…” Ryujin said with a very low voice.

“We will protect you Ryujin-sama…”

“No, you will protect Yeri no matter what…” Ryujin turned to face Shinagawa “Even if you have to kill me, you must protect Yeri.”

“Ryujin-sama!”

“It’s an order Shinagawa…I wanted to meet the other Yakuza’s leaders, then I will be able to meet my grandfather…”

“Ryujin-sama…why are you doing this?”

“I want to fix what my parents couldn’t…” Ryujin smiled at Shinagawa “I want to finish of what they started. Only then I can live in peace with my new family…” Ryujin sad with a sad tone as she look at her phone home screen. Her home screen wallpaper is the picture that she took with Irene, Wendy and Yeri this morning. She smiles at it, and hoping that she will come out alive from the meeting with the Yakuza. She was scare but she can’t let Wendy and the other to get involve.

End of Flashback

“Your life is our top priority at the moment please don’t make it hard for us.” Shinagawa begged Yeri.

Yeri turned to look at Ryujin being dragged into a black SUV. Yeri cried for Ryujin’s name at the moment. Everything move so slow, Ryujin saw the crying Yeri, she smiles at her telling her that everything will be okay.

Yoshida Sanso

Irene and Wendy just got back and they were getting ready to go for diner. They decided to wait for the kids to come back because they made a promise to eat diner together with them. They heard the car being park at in front of the inn, then they heard a loud footstep approaching their room. The shoji door slammed open, revealing Yeri in tears. Yeri goes to Irene and hugs her while crying. Wendy and Irene got concern and they thought she had a fight with Ryujin because they didn’t see Ryujin came back with her.

“Yeri ah…what’s wrong?” Wendy asked while the girl’s hair who was crying in Irene’s arms.

“Yeri? Did you had a fight with Ryujin?” Irene asked softly.

“No…omma…it’s…” Yeri hiccuped and she continued “Ryujin…she…she was caught…”

“What?”

“The other Yakuza group caught her..” Yeri cried.

Wendy knew that Ryujin was plotting something when she saw the emptiness in her eyes this morning. Wendy is angry, she tried to make a call to her men but Shinagawa stops her.

“Don’t make things worst, Ryujin-sama planned this all along…she knows what she is doing.”

“My daughter is out there with her life in danger and you want me to sit here and wait for her?!” Wendy raised her voice at Shinagawa.

“Seungwan ah! You’re not helping! I trust Ryujin knows what she is doing…please control yourself. Don’t blame Mr.Shinagawa…” Irene yelled at Wendy.

“How can you keep calm when Ryujin is out there battling for her life alone?!”

“I am not calm I am just as worry as you are, but if we get involve now her life would be more in danger!” Irene tried to make some sense into Wendy’s head.

Wendy calmed herself down and she sit on the end of the bed and yelled angrily at herself. Yeri was scared of Wendy. Irene hugged Yeri tighter and tell her everything will be okay.

“It was my fault…I notice that she being weird today, but I didn’t try to ask her why…” Wendy blamed herself.

Irene goes to Wendy’s side and hug her too “She will be okay…she will…”

“I can’t protect you and now I can’t protect her…” Wendy cried.

“No Seungwan ah, you protect me well and you protect Ryujin well…we will wait for her news okay?”

“Mr.Shinagawa, you told us if Ryujin is caught by her enemies, she will be beheaded right? Then will she…”

“No…she will not be beheaded soon. During the trial they won’t touch her. There are certain ritual that the Yakuza have to follow, she only can be beheaded with all the Yakuza’s leaders from all of Japan’s regions present…”

Wendy was getting more and more anxious, Irene knows the look in Wendy’s eyes. She squeezed Wendy’s hand to make sure that she is okay.

Wendy forced a smile and she pulled both Irene and Yeri into her embrace.

To be continue…

A/N:

Just a short update. Oh no Papa Wan is worry about baby Ryujin! Will Ryujin be okay? Will Mama Hyun whipped out her royalty just to save her baby? Suzy will go back to Korea but something will happen. Irene will lose her princess status faster than you all thought, and Wendy got a bad news from Dr. Moonbyul. Yeri is going to be a clingy older sister. Will Joy be able to be honest with her feeling toward Seulgi?