Chapter 30: The Real Victim Here Is Seulgi

When The Flower Blooms

Amusement Park

“UNNIE!!!” Yuna shriek when she saw cotton candy stand “Can we have that?!” she looked at Yeri.

“Sure sure!” Yeri said and she paid for the cotton candy. She was enjoying herself, it’s been awhile since she had fun like this. She become idols when she was just 16 years old, her whole youth had been about work and she got no times for herself to enjoy her teenage years.

“Let’s go to the haunted house!!” Ryujin begged.

“No!” all of the girls protested.

Ryujin pouted by the side, Yeri tries to cheer her up “There’s other thrill ride that we can play.”

“It’s not haunted house.”

Yeri turns to look at the other Itzy girls, she sighed and then holds Ryujin’s hand “Okay, unnie will go with you.”

Ryujin’s eyes light up and she drags Yeri to the haunted house.

“Come back alive!!” Chaeryoung and Yuna wished them. Chaeryoung and Yuna turn and they found that Yeji and Lia are gone.

“Great, they ditch us.” Yuna grunted unhappy.

“Let them be Yuna ah, they got a lot to catch up.” Chaeryoung linked their arm and dragged Yuna to the roller coaster ride.

 

JenLisa’s Apartment

“Honey! Did you see my socks?” Lisa shouted from their bedroom. Jennie was in the kitchen making their breakfast.

“Your socks? I put all of our socks in the second drawer to the left!” Jennie replied.

“Not the other socks my leo print socks!”

“Why do you have to wear that socks?!”

“I always wear that socks on Monday!” Lisa retaliates back.

“I folded it and put it in the drawer! It should be there!” Jennie shouted back.

“It’s not in here!!”

“Lalisa Manoban if I go in there and find it you are sleeping outside tonight!” Jennie shouted angrily and she march into their bedroom.

“Oh found it!!” Lisa replied “Kuku! Let go of mommy’s socks!” Lisa told Jennie’s dog Kuma who was biting on her socks “Kuku, let go of mommy’s socks!!” Lisa tried to pry the socks from Kuma’s mouth but Kuma’s grip was too strong and Lisa accidentally tore her favourite socks.

“Yah Kuma yah!! You see! You tore mommy’s favourite socks!” Lisa cried.

“What happened in here?” Jennie asked.

“Kuma tore my fave socks.” Lisa cried.

“Kuma, bad boy!” Jennie scolded her dog “Hon, we can get a new one don’t cry.”

“But but that socks was a gift from my best friends back in Thailand.”

“Lalisa Manoban, please don’t act like this early this morning. I am so tired that I have to wake up early make breakfast and then clean our house and go to school then go to my boutique to take care of some stuff then I need to think about what to cook for diner…I got no time to think about your socks okay?”

Jennie’s remark made Lisa really shed some real tears, she was hurt by Jennie’s words. Jennie realized what she just said, she tries to hug Lisa but Lisa pushed her away.

“I know that you used to live like a princess, now that you have to do all the house work because I couldn’t afford to hire a maid or a cook…”

“Lili…I’m sorry…I shouldn’t…”

“Maybe I shouldn’t have allowed you to move in!” Lisa raises her voice, she took her tore socks and went straight to the door.

“Lili ah!”

“I’m going out!” Lisa said without even looking at Jennie.

“Lili I’m sorry, please.”

Lisa ignored Jennie and she headed out.

“At least have breakfast first before…you go…” Jennie was too late, Lisa banged the door and left the house. Jennie couldn’t believe that she had made Lisa angry again. Lisa is always sweet toward her but lately she had seen that Lisa become more and more agitated toward small matters. Jennie sat on the floor, her eyes were fixed on the door, hoping that Lisa would come back, but she didn’t.

Leo (Lisa’s cat) and Kai (Kai the dog, not Kai the human) approached Jennie, it’s like they know that their mommy is sad. Leo purred and he jumped on Jennie’s lap, looking at Jennie with his big eyes. Kai Jennie’s face as if he is trying to comfort Jennie.

“You guys love mommy right? Lisa mommy lately had been in a bad mood isn’t she…what should mommy do to make her happy?”

 

Jisoo’s Condominium

Jisoo was woken up by Dalgom’s bark “Dalgom ah…omma’s still want to sleep, can you slow it down.”

Dalgom barks again and Jisoo felt weird because Dalgom had never bark so much. Jisoo gets up from her bed and reach for Dalsom “What’s up buddy, you never bark so much.”

Dalgom bark again this time and he growls, Jisoo is worried about her dog, she put her down and went to see the direction that Dalgom bark at. She almost had a heart attack when she saw Alice’s face by the window partition between her living room and the hallway.

“What the heck unnie!!”

“Ahahahaha I’m sorry that I scare you.” Alice laughed.

“How the heck did you get inside?! This is an intrusion! Yah Dalgom stop barking!!” Jisoo tried to calm her dog.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry. I got the spare keys from my sister, she asked me to check on you, but then I forgot and then yesterday she called me and gave me a good scolding.” Alice shrugged.

“Please don’t treat my house like yours, privacy you know privacy! You almost scare Dalgom to death.”

“You’re being dramatic Jisoo yah…come get dress and we go have brunch together.”

“Why should I?”

“Because you’re my future sister in law and I think we should do some bonding time.”

Jisoo raised her eyebrow “Fine, let me get dress first.”

“Alrighty! I’ll be waiting for you here.”

“And unnie, can you please give me back my keys.”

“Oh, so Chaeng can have it but I can’t? She gave it to me you know?”

“Chaeng is my girlfriend, and you’re not my girlfriend. I didn’t even permission for her to give it to you.”

Alice made a shock face “Oh! Miss, I am her sister for God sake!”

“I’m going to get change…” Jisoo decided to ignore Alice and walk back to her room.

 

SM Café

“Sooyoung~” Sunmi greeted.

Sunmi had invited Sunmi to meet her at SM café after she heard Seulgi drunk confession. She wanted to know if what she heard was real.

“I’m sorry I had to ask you out here unnie, I know you were busy with your current promotion.”

“It’s okay Sooyoung ah, what is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“Unnie…”

“Yes?”

“I want you to be honest with me.”

“Uh huh…”

“Who did Seulgi really loves?”

Sunmi almost spit her drinks when she heard Joy’s question. “What?”

“Please be honest with me unnie, I am sick and tired of all the lies and dishonesty of Seulgi, everything that happened is killing me!”

Sunmi shushed Joy when the people around them is staring at them. “Can we go to somewhere else more privacy? If we talk here, people will stare at us.”

Joy looks around and then she turns to Sunmi “Come with me.” she said and she leads them to one of the empty recording room in SM building. Joy locks the room to prevent people from coming in.

“How did you found out?” Sunmi asked in a shaking voice.

“She was drunk and she was talking in her sleep I think…”

Sunmi sighed, she shouldn’t had drive Seulgi back this morning, she should have bring her back to her place but Sunmi is scared of the paparazzi spreading false news about them again. Sunmi knows how sensitive the words ‘homoual’ among the korean netizen.

“Okay…I will tell you everything. Seulgi fell for you, but she didn’t want to break Irene’s heart.”

“When did that happened?”

“Sit down and I will tell you…”

Flashback

“Seulgi ah, you should stop drinking.” Sunmi tried to stop Seulgi from drinking another shots.

“Unnie…what should I do?” Seulgi cried.

“What do you mean what should you do? Your wedding is tomorrow right? So you should stop drinking.”

“Unnie…I…I can’t marry Irene unnie…”

“What? What do you mean you can’t?! I mean she had been there for you since your trainee days right?”

“We grow cold…” Seulgi explained.

“Then reheat the love!” Sunmi joked but Seulgi didn’t laugh, she only look at her with a bored look.

“I can’t marry her because I don’t love her anymore.”

Sunmi gasped when she heard Seulgi’s confession. “What do you mean by that?!! Don’t tell me you have fallen for me?! Because Irene is going kill me if you do!! Your fiance is scary! And  why did you accepted the proposal if you don’t love her anymore?!!”

“Unnie, you’re loud…” Seulgi complained, she sat up straight and gulp down her last shot “No, you’re not the one I fell for, and I accepted the proposal because Irene unnie look at me with her eyes full of hope, I can’t possibly rejected it.”

“Then who you fell for?”

“Joy…”

“A who?”

“Joy Park SooYoung!!” Seulgi said out loud.

“OMG Seulgi…she is someone else’s fiance!!” Sunmi gasped.

“I know! I know…that’s why I thought I should accept Irene’s unnie proposal because I won’t have chance with Joy. Irene unnie had been there with me since I was nobody until I am known as the dance machine Seulgi, but I can’t marry her. I can’t let her live with someone who doesn’t love her anymore. I don’t want to lie and hurt her any longer.”

“When did you start to know that you like Joy?”

“It’s noticed it when she and Sungjae were in the ‘We got married’ program. I was so angry at Sungjae for being lovey dovey with Joy all the time. I didn’t know what I was feeling at that time…and it turned out to be jealousy. I tried so hard to suppress the feeling, I even vent it out on Irene unnie sometimes…I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help it. Joy was beautiful, she was joyful just like her name, her smiles…is so beautiful, not to mention that she is y…”

“Then what should you do now? You can’t have Joy but you don’t want to get marry to Irene. You should have be honest with Irene. I’m sure she will understand.”

“She won’t…because Irene is the type of girl that what she wants she will get.” Seulgi rested her chin on the bar island, watching the bar tender making drinks for other people.

“You’re in a mess up situation Seul ah…you need to stop thinking about other’s feeling and care about your feeling even more.”

“I don’t know what I should do unnie…”

“Skip the wedding.”

“What? Irene unnie is going to hate me forever!”

“Make her hate you Seul! If that’s the only way that you can make her not love you anymore, then make her hate you! She will hate you so much that you won’t feel bad about breaking up with her.”

“Will it work unnie?” Seulgi asked.

“I don’t know but give it a try.”

Seulgi stare into the empty space for awhile before order another shots.

“Make sure that it’s your last shot! I’m taking you home after this!”

End of Flashback

“I don’t understand…if she wanted to make Irene unnie hated her why did she tried to begged Irene unnie to come back to her?”

“She felt bad, she felt bad that she broke Irene’s heart, she thought she can get back to her and try to be happy with her.”

“Then what about the whole trying to frame Yeri and murder Irene scheme?!” Joy was getting more and more agitated.

“Well…it all happened when you met your ex, she wanted to get you back with your ex when she knows that you are still in love with your ex. She was obsess in making you happy Joy. She thought if she get rid of Yeri, she will makes Irene hate her even more, she thought if she being the bad guy, Irene will hate her forever. But when she find out that Irene and your ex got together, she was desperate trying to break them up because you said you still love your ex. She was losing her mind you know when you decided to break stuff with your fiance at that time just so that you could get back to your ex. She just wanted to you to be happy, but she got it in the wrong way. I know you might think I am the person that caused the whole drama between Irene and Seulgi, but it was actually you…”

Joy was speechless, she couldn’t believe what Sunmi just told her. She couldn’t believe Seulgi did what she did becasue Seulgi was trying to make her happy. All the jealousy that Seulgi showed during Wendy’s house warming party was not toward Wendy and Irene but she got angry in her behalf.

“I’m going back.” Joy gets up and head to the door.

“Wait Joy!” Sunmi called out “Please don’t blame Seulgi for what she did…you need to help her. She was having PTSD after she frame Yeri and the case with the court house assault. I know because she always come to me when she having panic attack, and how she always try numb her traumatic experience with alcohol, and how sometimes she couldn’t sleep she would swallow sleeping pills. You still remember the time when you are hospitalized because you were shot? She spend so many nights trying to drink her guilt away. She make sure what she is always be there for you when you wake up. She tried to smile for you, she didn’t want you to see her miserable side. Sooyoung ah…I missed the cheerful Seulgi…”

Joy didn’t answer, she proceed to exit the recording room and went to her practice room “I missed the cheerful Seulgi too…” she said to herself.

RV Dorm

Seulgi woke up with heavy headache. She look at the time and it shows 3.45pm. She tried to get up but her head throbbing so hard. She try to reach out for the glass of water that Joy prepared for her by the night stand. She saw the note that Joy wrote for her.

‘You’re going to have a bad hangover, so I prepare so med for you, please eat it when you wake up. I prepared some food for you in the fridge, just heat it up yourself.’

Seulgi grunts and lay back again, her hangover is killing her. She tried to reach for her phone to read all the texts from her friends. Then she saw Joy’s text.

Joy - Seulgi unnie…I am moving out from the RV dorm.

Seulgi jumps up from her bed and try to call Joy. Joy picked up “Hello.”

“What do you mean by moving out?”

“I think it’s better if we live separately…”

“But…but why?”

“Unnie, I’m going to be busy and I need to focus on my acting career now that RV is going through long hiatus.”

“But…I’m going to be alone.”

“Unnie…”

“Yes?”

“Do you love me?”

“What? N…nno!!” Seulgi lied.

“Then we will be living separately, don’t worry I’ve talked to our manager he said you can live in the current dorm. He will find me other dorm. Bye unnie.” Joy hang up the call leaving Seulgi agaped. She just couldn’t believe she lost everything. She lost Irene, she lost Yeri, she lost her job and now she lost Joy. She cried loudly at the empty dorm. Her cried echo throughout the empty dorm. The dorm that used to be so cheerful and full of laugther instead of tears and cries.

 

To be Continue…

A/N:

Okay, Seulgi’s reason for leaving Irene is explained. Next Seulgi’s plan to overcome her feelings. Wendy is going to help. Suzy will appear too. Actually when I decided who to play as Irene’s royal cousin, I realized there aren’t many Bae in the kpop industry, and I was watching Suzy’s drama and how could I forgot about Suzy is a Bae?!! Thus, I made her as Irene’s cousin. And have you guys seen blonde Wendy?! Holly Molly!! To Ryujin (I might be too late) good luck in your exam!