Chapter 13: A Nightmare?

When The Flower Blooms

Lisa’s Apartment

“Nini, wake up…” Lisa gently shake Jennie, trying to wake her up.

Jennie grunted and she buried her face further more into Lisa’s chest. Lisa smiled at her lover and she tried to shake her up again.

“Nini, wake up, I need to go to my class…”

“Can we sleep for 1 more hours?” Jennie groaned.

“Nini, we gotta go.” Lisa tried to coax her girlfriend again.

“But my head…” Jennie whined.

“I told you not to drink so much last night, you really gotta do something with your drinking habit.” Lisa sighed, she loosens Jennie’s arms around her and went to the kitchen to take some medicine and water.

Jennie lazily gets up from the bed and went to the kitchen with Lisa. She back hugged Lisa and rested her forehead on the girl’s back.

“You can rest here if you wanted to, I only got morning class.”

“No, I gotta go to the boutique, settle some stuff…” Jennie’s voice was hoarse.

“Okay, I’ll drop you off later…here drink this and eat this, it will make you feel better.” Lisa handed Jennie the medication and water.

“Thanks Lili…”

“Nini, you’ve been staying her for almost a week, don’t you wanna go home? Your mom must’ve been worry.”

Jennie sighed and she tightened her arms around Lisa’s waist “I’m afraid if I go back, we won’t be able to meet again. You know my mom…”

Lisa knew Jennie’s mom hated same relationship, and she knows that Jennie’s mom dislikes her too. Lisa came from a middle class family, she is not rich like Jennie, every time she went to Jennie’s house, Jennie’s mom always being sarcastic with her. She dislikes going to Jennie’s house and Jennie knows that.

“Alright, you can stay here as long as you want.”

“Love you…” Jennie pouted her lips asking for a kiss and Lisa gave her a light peck on the lips.

Jennie don’t know how long it’s going to last with Lisa before her mom finds out, but what’s important now is for her to enjoy her times with Lisa.

 

Zimzalbim Café

“Morning.” Wendy greeted Henry with her smiley happy face.

Henry was having his coffee when Wendy and Irene reached the cafe, he stared at Wendy with a blank expression when he saw how happy that girl look. He was amused that Wendy’s mood change so quick. Back then it took her a few months to get herself together whenever something bad happen. Henry nudged Irene “What did you do to her?”

“What?” Irene frowned “I did nothing.”

“She seems happy today.”

“We reconciled Henry, reconciled.”

“I see, well that’s good.” Henry nodded and sip on his coffee again.

The two of them watched as Wendy prepare all the ingredients that she needed. Irene joined Wendy when the girl started baking cakes and cookies. Henry asked them if they needed any help and Wendy said she got this, so Henry left them and he went to arrange the tables and chairs. He stopped his chores when he saw someone standing outside of the café. Henry pointed to the “Closed” sign but that person remained standing there. Henry sighed and he went to open the door and talk to the stranger.

“I’m sorry miss, but we are not open yet…”

“Henry it’s me…” the girl opens her hoodies to reveal her face.

“Naeun?!” Henry almost shouted but he quickly covers his mouth and turned to check on Wendy to make sure the girl didn’t hear him.

“What are you doing here?!” Henry pulled the girl to the alley next to the café.

“It’s my father Henry, my father is dying.” The girl cried “We need to tell Wendy.”

“We cannot tell Wendy…” Henry objected.

“She’s his daughter Henry!” the girl cried louder.

“You know how much Wendy hated him…you don’t want to see her suffering again don’t you?”

“Please Henry, you have to tell Wendy about father’s condition, he needed her to be there for him.”

“Your mother is the reason why Wendy lost both of her sister and mother, your mother snatched her father away from her, and he didn’t even bother to check on Wendy after he remarried to your mother!”

“And you think I want that to happen? You think I am not the victim too?” Naeun fired back.

“Go home Naeun, and tell your father to never come and bother Wendy, she suffered enough.” Henry brushed the girl away.

“I’m not going until you let me see my sister.”

“She’s not your sister!!” Henry raised his voice at the girl.

Naeun was taken aback by Henry’s sudden outburst.

“Go home Son Naeun, and I don’t want to see your face ever again.” Henry brushed her off and went back to the café.

Henry entered the cafe and he almost bumped to Wendy.

“Henry you’re not cheating on Sunny do you?” Wendy asked.

“What? No!” Henry denied storngly.

“Who’s that girl that you were talking to?” Wendy asked with her arm crossed.

“Just an old acquaintance…” Henry lied and he quickly excuses himself to the bathroom.

“Weird.” Wendy shrugged it off and went back to the kitchen to check on her cookies. She was worried when she saw Henry went out and saw that he had an argument with someone. She tried to not be a busy body when it comes to Henry. Even though they’ve known each other since they were kids.

Wendy phone rings and she saw the caller ID

Im Nayeon

She picked it up “Hello Nayeon.”

“Hello Wendy~, let’s not forget about the ball tonight!” Nayeon excitedly greeted Wendy.

“Yes I know, I didn’t forget.” She answered.

“Great, I’ll send over my driver to pick you up, so can you send me your address?”

“It’s okay Nayeon, I’ll drive, beside Irene is coming with me so.”

“He can pick both of you.” Nayeon insisted.

“It’s okay Nayeon, I’ll meet you there.” Wendy rejected.

“Okay~ I’ll see you tonight.”

“See you.” Wendy bid goodbye.

Wendy hang up and she look at Irene who was coincidentally look at Wendy, Wendy smiled at her awkwardly.

“I forgot that you were Nayeon’s date for tonight.” Irene sighed.

“I wish I was your date.” Wendy mumbled.

“Oh well I’ll be a lone wolf tonight.” Irene sighed.

“Or you can invite Henry as your date!” Wendy suggested.

Irene frowned at Wendy and Wendy whimpered acting like she’s scare. Irene jokingly smacked Wendy and Wendy avoided. The two started to chase each other and throwing each other with flour. Henry came out from the bathroom and saw the mess both Irene and Wendy made, he scolded them. Wendy and Irene stopped and gave each other cheekily look before throw Henry with the flour. Henry was stunned and he picked up some floor and throw back at them. The three adults were happily playing until someone clears their throat.

“I can’t believe the three of you are so childish.” Ryujin sneered at them.

“Why are you kids here this early?” Wendy asked Ryujin when she saw 4 of them appeared.

“It’s Saturday, we don’t have school.” Chaeryoung explain.

“Oh…”

The four high schooler exchange to their uniform and helped the adult to clean up the mess they created. After the girls done with the cleaning, Henry turned the ‘CLOSED’ sign to ‘OPEN’ sign and light up the café’s signal.

“Welcome to Zimzalabim Café…” all of them greeted the first customer of the day.

“I heard this café from one of my friend, he said that the cake and boba is to die for!” one of the patron told Wendy when she placed her orders.

“Oh wow, thank you for coming! We always serve the best drinks and cakes!” Wendy thanked the patrons.

“I heard that all the cakes, cookies and pastries were freshly baked.” One of the patron asked.

“Yes sir, we freshly bake these, would you like to taste? I have a taster…” Irene offered.

“And all the ingredients we use is premium grade.” Wendy added.

 

“Yes sir, one long black and a butter croissant.” Yeji repeated after the patron’s order.

“Yes miss we do serve earl grey milk tea…” Yuna answered one of the patron’s question.

Wendy saw that the girls are able to serve the patrons well, she went to the drink making station and helps Henry.

“Looks like Irene’s marketing strategic work huh…” Henry asked Wendy.

“Looks like it.” Wendy agreed.

She watched from her station and she felt proud at that moment, this is the scenario that she always dreamt of. A café full of patrons, and everyone enjoying their drinks.

Jisoo and Rosé came and they helped the busy café by serving some of the patrons. The place is getting more and more crowded, suddenly the audio system broken and the place gotten too noisy with people’s chatting. Some patrons even complained about the noise. Henry tried to fix the audio system but to no avail. Jisoo took the guitar that was hung by the wall of the café and she took out her bluetooth microphone. She handed it to Rosé. Rosé looked at Jisoo with confuse look.

“Sing for them Chaeyoung. Show them what you got.” Jisoo encouraged her girlfriend.

“What if they hated it?”

“I’ll just spill their drink on them.” Jisoo shrugged.

“Yah!” Wendy gently smacked Jisoo’s head with the serving tray “Don’t make my patrons give me a bad review.” Wendy warned Jisoo.

“Hehehe, don’t take it too serious unnie.” Jisoo smiled sheepishly.

“Why don’t you join me Wendy-unnie?” Rosé asked Wendy to join her.

“No, no you can do it solo Chae-ah.” Wendy rejected, it’s been so long since she last sang and she is not confident in her voice anymore.

“Go on and sing with her Wendy.” Irene pushed the short hair girl.

“No, I’m not confident in my singing skill…” Wendy shyly reject.

Rosé pulled Wendy with her to the mini stage that Henry had pull up in short amount of time. Rosé took the guitar and start strumming random chords.

“Unnie, it doesn’t matter if your voice cracked, what’s important is we have some fun! I know how much you like to sing when you’re in high school, and I miss singing with you…let’s sing together again!” Rosé strums the guitar again and she hummed a little melody “Unnie, you remember this song right?”

Rosé start to strummed Pixie Lott’s ‘Everybody Hurts Sometimes’

“Why you gotta choose this song! It’s so sappy!” Wendy whined, but she still went to Rosé and seated herself at the stool next to Rosé.

“You love this song…” Rosé smiled at Wendy and they both start to hum together.

Jisoo was gleeful at the sight of her girlfriend playing the guitar, she took out her phone and start to record the jamming session.

Irene also joined the crowd to watch their live performance. She stands far behind the crowd because everyone is so eager to watch the live performance and everyone had their phone out.

Rosé strummed the guitar and hummed some melody, she looked at Wendy and she nodded. Wendy holds on the Bluetooth mic tightly, she closed her eyes and start singing the song.

 

Wendy

I don’t know how to turn it all around…

When I feel hopeless, can’t see my way out

Now I’m so low, how will I ever get back up

When I am broken and I’ve just had enough

 

Wendy turned to Rosé and she nodded, telling Rosé to take the lead

 

Rosé

Pick up the pieces and I’ll put myself back together

Crying it out there’s no doubt that it’s got to get better

 

Rosé looked at Wendy again and Wendy got the cue, she holds up her mind and sing the next verse.

 

Wendy

And it’s alright to go ahead and let your tears fall down

When everything crashes to the ground

And it’s alright, no one ever makes it out alive

Everybody hurts sometimes~ sometimes~

 

Irene was mesmerized by Wendy’s angelic voice. Wendy’s voice touched her heart, and she felt bittersweet listening to her voice. Irene touched her heart as she watched Wendy and Rosé harmonizing the song together. Irene unconsciously sway her body to the melody and hummed together with the crowd. She smiles whenever she made eye contact with Wendy. Though they are far apart because of the crowd, Wendy feels confident whenever she sees Irene there. She was nervous but Irene was there to reassure her that everything is okay.
 

Rosé and Wendy finished up their song with a great harmonization and a little adlib from Wendy. Everyone cheered at them, they hold hands and bow to the crowd. Rosé suddenly becomes the MC and asked if there’s anyone that wanted to showcase their talent. Wendy excuses herself and went back to the drink making station.

Irene approached her and nudge her with her shoulder “Yah, you told me you can’t sing well but you sing like an angel. I think I’ve fall in love with your voice.” Irene .

Wendy blushed and she scratch her head, then she clicked her tongue “It’s been awhile since I last sing…I was afraid that my voice’s gonna crack.”

“No, you sing perfectly. Maybe you should sing more often…for me.”

“Oh ho, so you’re being selfish now?” Wendy asked.

“Since you don’t want to sing in front of a large crowd then sing only for me Wendy-ah.” Irene whispered in Wendy’s ear before she left to join the crowd cheering for Jisoo who went up stage to sing her self-composed chicken song.

Wendy smirked, and she watched Irene enjoying herself from a far, she really likes that older girl. Her smile faded when she remembers their status, Irene being a princess and she’s just a commoner.

Henry managed to fix the audio system and the music back to normal. Rosé sighed in relief because if Henry didn’t fix that audio system, Jisoo won’t stop embarrassing herself in front of the crowd. Jisoo and Rosé bowed to the crowd and went to join the others.

“What kind of song was that?” Ryujn asked Jisoo.

“Kids, if you love chicken like I do, you will understand and able to appreciate that song.” Jisoo ruffled Ryujin’s hair but the younger girl tried to resist.

“This person right here, she loves chicken more than she loves me.” Rosé sulked by the side.

“Eh? You’re jealous Chaeng ah?” Jisoo teased the blonde.

“Whatever~” Rosé brushed the older girl “Anyway Wendy-unnie ah!”

“Yes?”

“About the Ball tonight, since you’re going to be Nayeon’s date, we suggest you to go and pick her up.” Rosé said.

“What about Irene? She’s going to, I was thinking that we both can be together.”

“But Nayeon main event that night is to get Jeongyeon jealous of her. It will be meaningless if people see Irene and you two are together.” Rosé explained.

“But Irene…”

“You don’t have to worry about her, we will pick her up and we’ll go together.” Jisoo cut Wendy off.

“I’m okay with that.” Irene chipped in.

“But Irene didn’t have a date…you two gotta keep an eye on her.” Wendy warned.

“I can go with her!” a sudden suggestion made all the adults to turn their head toward the voice owner.

Ryujin raises her hand looking all excited.

“Ryujin ah, you gotta have invitation to go to those ball!” Yeji smacked the pink hair girl.

“I don’t need any invitation to go to the ball.” Ryujin explained “Jeongyeon is my cousin.”

All the adults dropped their jaws “What a small world!” they all exclaimed.

“Why you never mentioned that you are connected to the Yoo?” Wendy asked.

“Does it matter?” Ryujin shrugged “I don’t like the attention the Yoos’ are getting these days, better stay low ya know.” Ryujin spoke with an accent.

“Irene are you okay with Ryujin as your date?” Wendy turned to Irene for confirmation.

Irene sighed and she nodded, she had no choice, either went with a high schooler or being a lone wolf which she dislikes because she cannot stand all the men that gonna hit on her. Irene knows she is pretty and she hated that she always become the centre of attention.

“You don’t look too happy that I’m your date.” Ryujin asked the gloomy Irene.

“No, I’m happy you volunteer, I’m just sad to think that my date is a high school kids.”

“You know I am way more experience in …” Ryujin couldn’t finish her sentence when Wendy covered .

“That’s enough kids! Back to work!” Wendy instructed all of the high schoolers to continue with their work.

“I don’t know why…” Rosé made everyone turned to her “I don’t know we keep meeting people that had connection to the people that we know in this café. It’s so trippy.”

“Yeah you’re right…this place is like a trap.” Jisoo add on.

Wendy thinks about it for a while, it all started when she met with Irene and the chain continues on and on. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? She doesn’t need to know that, she just need to know that Irene is her strength now. Irene showed her compassion, Irene gave her the confidence that she had lost, and most importantly, Irene encourage her to fall in love again, even though she might just keep it to herself.

After lunch, Wendy decided to closed the café. She told everyone to go home and have a good rest, Henry went to have a date with his girlfriend. The 4 high schoolers decided to go to the arcade, Wendy scolded them. She asked them to go home and do revision, but Yuna said they need to release the stress from school, so Wendy excuses them. Ryujin decided not to join because she is joining the ball tonight she decided to go for last minute shopping for dresses. Jisoo and Rosé invited Irene to go back to Jisoo place because they said they wanted to dress up Irene and help her with makeup and such. Wendy objected at first because she needs Irene’s help back at her apartment, but Rosé said that since she is going to be Nayeon’s date, she should just let Irene go with them.

All of them went to their separate way, Wendy however was stuck in between going back home or go to buy flowers for Nayeon. She decided to have a pit stop at the flower shop and purchase a bouquet of flower for Nayeon. Then she changed her mind, she made another purchase of bouquet of flower for Irene too. She had the flowers bouquets to be delivered to both of the girl’s respectively.

Wendy reached her apartment, she opened her door and planked herself on the couch. She looked at the time and it’s only 4 in the evening, she thought she will take a nap a while. She closes her eyes and slowly falling asleep.

 

“Mom!” a young Wendy run toward her bleeding mother.

“Seungwan ah run!” an older girl shouted at Wendy.

“Unnie!!” Wendy screamed for the older girl.

“Seungwan-ah…run…save yourself.” Her mother gasped for air. She cupped Wendy’s face with her bloody hand.

“Mom…hang in there.” Wendy cried, cradling her dying mother.

“Seungwan…quick! We have to run!” Wendy’s older sister tried to pull her away from their mother.

“Unnie, mom is dying…” Wendy cried.

“There’s nothing that we can do Wendy ah. We gotta run before dad finds us!”

“Too late for that now…” a lady in black appear with a gun in her hand.

Wendy trembled with fears when she looked into the eyes of that lady. Wendy couldn’t move even though her older sister tried hard to pull her with her. It was like her legs were glued to the ground.

The lady in black raised her gun and aim it at Wendy. Wendy whimpered and begged for her life. The lady in black smirked, and unveiled her face “Joy…” Wendy gasped.

“Wendy unnie you told me that you will love me forever, but now you’re in love with this ?” Joy aimed her gun at the Wendy’s older sister. Wendy turned to look at her sister but her sister had turned into Irene. Wendy was shockd, everything seems so wrong.

“Wendy, we gotta run!” Irene keeps on tugging Wendy, but Wendy remained still.

“What is all this?” Wendy asked.

“You betray your promise unnie, you promise you’re gonna love me till the day you die, so here I am claiming your promise…” Joy once again raised her gun and aim it at Wendy’s heart. She slowly pulled the trigger. Wendy yelped and closes her eyes when she heard the loud bang of the gun. When she opened her eyes, she saw Irene staring back at her. Irene had jumped in front of the bullet for her and the bullet had penetrated her.

“IRENE!!!” Wendy screamed.

“Wendy…” Irene gasped.

“Anyone who try to stand between us should die!” Joy laughed like a maniac before slowly vanished with the thick black fog that appear out of nowhere.

Wendy cradled Irene in her arms and she cried and begging for Irene to hold on “Please don’t die…please…”

“Wendy…don’t leave…me” Irene choked on her own blood.

“I won’t I promise…please don’t die…”

“Will you make empty promise like the one you made to Joy?” a voice asked her.

Wendy opened her eyes and sees that Irene is no longer in her arms, she turned and turned to find Irene.

“She’s a princess Wendy, she deserves someone better than you.” The voice taunted Wendy.

“No, this is a dream, wake up Wendy wake up!” Wendy slapped herself, trying to wake herself up.

“If you didn’t disobey your father’s order that time, your mother and sister would still be alive.” The voice taunt some more.

“This is not real!” Wendy shouted.

“It wasn’t Naeun’s mom fault that your mother and sister died, it was all yours!”

“No!”

“You killed them Wendy Son Seungwan.”

“No!!!!”

“Murderer…” Irene’s face appears taunting her and then Joy’s face appears, followed by her older sister and mother.

 

“NO!!!!” Wendy wakes up and realized that it was just a dream. She was sweating like hell, and she looked at the time it was 6pm. She rushed to the bathroom, take a quick bath and went to her wardrobe to find something nice to wear. Her mind keeps wander back to the dream. It’s been so long since she had dream about her sister and mother, why did it come back? Now with Joy and Irene appeared in her dream. She is afraid. She’s afraid that dream is trying to tell her that she will be losing both Irene and Joy just like how she lost her sister and mother. Wendy pulled out a black suit, black tie and black pants. She applied some light makeup and quickly put on her clothes and then head out to pick up Nayeon.

 

Jisoo’s House

“Oh wow gurl you look stunning!” Rosé complimented Irene.

“If Rosé and I aren’t dating I’ll probably asked you out for a date.” Jisoo joked and she received a glare form Rosé.

Jisoo’s house bell’s ring and Jisoo went to open the door.

“Flower delivery for Irene Bae.”

“Oh? Form who?” Jisoo took the flower and signed the delivery note. She thanked the delivery boy and check on the card that was attached to the flower “Hope you like it, because it reminds me of you, xoxo Wendy.”

Wendy had chosen to give Irene a bouquet of Azalea, which symbolize femininity and softness. Jisoo smug at Wendy’s cheesiness’ she didn’t thought that Wendy would fall for Irene that fast. Honestly, Jisoo was surprised at how fast the pace for Wendy to fall for Irene, it was only a week since they met and now that girl is whipped for Irene. It was a matter of time that Wendy will eventually admitted that she likes Irene more than just friend. She just going to wait and see for that time to come. Jisoo handed the flower to Irene. Irene was confused, Rosé was jealous because she thought the flower was from Jisoo. Jisoo clarified that it was from Wendy, Irene blushed a little and she smelt the flower muttered a thank you under her breath and Rosé watch with awe.

“Who would have thought Wendy can be so greasy.” Jisoo laughed.

“Oh unnie, you should have seen the way she tried to court Joy back in high school years.”

Then the situation turned awkward at the mentioned of Joy name. They want Wendy to move on from Joy, but they keep on mentioning Joy’s name. Jisoo tried to brushed the awkwardness and tell them that it was time for them to go. Jisoo promised that she will go and pick up Ryujin on the way. All three of them hopped in to Jisoo’s red range rover and they drove to Ryujin’s house.

 

The Charity Ball

Wendy and Nayeon reached the hotel where the ball is held. Wendy exited her car and she went to Nayeon’s side and open the door for her. Nayeon linked her arm with Wendy, looking all proud because Wendy looks dashing. Wendy handed her car key to the valet and walked abreast with Nayeon into the hotel lobby and to the ball room. They were greeted by the receptionist. Nayeon mentioned her name and the receptionist checked for their name. Once their names were confirmed to be on the list, the receptionist led them to enter the ball room.

Wendy was a little nervous because she wasn’t good with large crowd. Nayeon squeeze Wendy’s arm to tell her to relax. Wendy nodded and smile awkwardly to Nayeon.

“Nayeon…’ a handsome lady approached them.

Nayeon looked a little annoyed “Jeongyeon…” Nayeon greeted.

“So this is the ‘Jeongyeon’ they keep mentioned huh?” Wendy thought.

“You look…beautiful tonight.” Jeongyeon said to Nayeon.

“I’m always beautiful.” Nayeon scoffed, she tugged the hem of Wendy’s suit to signal the girl to work on what they’ve practice in the car earlier.

Wendy cleared and held out her hand to offer a hand shake “I’m Wendy Son, Nayeon’s…”

“Girlfriend.” Nayeon cut Wendy off.

“What but…” Wendy turned to Nayeon but she received a pleading look from Nayeon so she plays along “Yeah, I’m Nayeon’s girlfriend…”

“I see…” Jeongyeon was sad, she forced a smiled and shook Wendy’s hand “Enjoy your time here. I’ll see you around.” Jeongyeon bided the two good bye and wander off to greet other guests.

Nayeon exhaled and she turned to Wendy and look at her with apologetic looks “Sorry Wendy…I tried not to said that you’re my girlfriend but I had to…”

“She’s not bad Nayeon…”

“She is! But she just can’t keep her hands off other girls!” Nayeon grunted “If only she just focuses on me!”

“You know you gotta have tolerance in relationship, don’t bring big ego into your relationship Nayeon. Did you see how sad she looked when you lied to her that I’m your girlfriend?” Wendy questioned.

“The relationship is not going to work if it’s only me who trying to make it work Wendy. If she really loves me, she should have come after me when I initiate the break up last month.”

“Try again, try to talk to her again Nayeon.”

“Looks who’s the relationship expert here.”

And again Wendy’s breath stopped when she saw how stunning Joy looked that night. Joy was walking toward them, arm linked to Sungjae. Wendy could feel something inside her start to bleed again.

“I didn’t know that you’re coming Wendy.” Joy greeted.

“I came with my date, Nayeon.” Wendy introduced Nayeon to Joy. She wasn’t expecting joy to appear at the ball that night, that was until Sungjae introduced himself and told her that he and Jeongyeon are cousin.

“What a small world!” Wendy screamed in her mind.

“Oh hey Joy~~~” Jennie greeted Joy out of nowhere.

“Didn’t know you’re coming Jen.” Wendy was surprised to see Jennie.

“Last minute invitation.” Jennie lied “Oh God, how am I gonna handle Joy and Wendy!” Jennie thought. Jennie had promised Irene that she will keep Joy away from Wendy. She felt awkward intervene the meeting between the two ex. Jennie knew that Wendy is still not comfortable to face Joy, moreover, Joy is with Sungjae acting all sweet. She can see the despise look in Wendy’s eyes. The crowds’ mumbles had Wendy’s attention and she turned toward the direction of the main entrance.

All of sudden, everything moves in slow motion when Wendy laid her eyes on Irene. Irene walked in the main entrance like a goddess. Wendy was captivated by Irene’s beauty and that dress that Jennie chose was prefect. It hugged Irene’s body in the right place. Irene were companied by Ryujin who walking beside her, holding her hand because Irene is wearing a 10-inch stiletto.

“Wow…” Wendy was awe-struck. She couldn’t take her eyes of Irene. Irene was trying her best to smiles at all the guests who got star struck by her. Irene looked straight and she saw Wendy among the crowds. She likes how good Wendy looked in her suits, she smiled at Wendy and continue to walk abreast with Ryujin to their table.

Wendy was sad that she and Irene had to sit separately. Irene, Ryujin, Chaesoo and Jenlisa were seated together while she shared the same table with Joy and Sunjae and the rest of RV members who will be a little late because they got a show before the event. Joy were exempted from the show because it was her fiancé’s event after all, so she had to come early to the ball. The atmosphere was awkward, Wendy tried her best not to make any eye contact with Joy, but she keeps stealing glances at Irene who were at the table behind them.

Irene caught Wendy keeps glancing at her, they smiled at each other and Wendy lowered her head to hide her blush. She glances back again and when Irene locked eyes with her Wendy told her that she looks so beautiful. Irene mouthed thanked to Wendy. Nayeon saw the interaction, she tapped Wendy on her thigh and whispered something in her ear.

“I know Irene is pretty but don’t make it too obvious.” She whispered.

“Sorry…” Wendy whispered back.

Wendy glance back again she pointed at Nayeon and told Irene that she got scolded. Irene laughed at Wendy and she told her to focus on the speech that Jeongyeon is giving. Wendy turned and focused on the speech.

By the end of the speech, Jeongyeon folded her speech scripts and looked in to the crowd, but her eyes were fixed at a certain bunny toothed girl that was sitting next to Wendy.

“Ladies and gentlemen…tonight, I would like to take this opportunity to declare my love to someone.” Jeongyeon paused and she took a deep breath and she walk toward Nayeon.

“OMG” Nayeon panicked “She’s coming!” Nayeon whispered to Wendy.

“What do you want me to do?!” Wendy panicked too.

“Im Nayeon…” Jeongyeon approached Nayeon and she knelt in front of her.

The crowd awed at Jeongyeon sweet gestured.

“I know I’m not good in expressing my feelings, but I really do love you Nayeon and I wanted to spend my whole life with you, grow old with you, arguing with you till our hair turn white. I want to you to know this heart belong to you and you alone. I know sometimes our other friends will get clingy to me, but you’re the only that I love. I am not a romantic person, I cannot give you the romantic escalade that you wanted, but I can give you my heart, my time and my whole life…” Jeongyeon paused and she turned to Wendy “I know the two of you were just acting, I’m sorry that Nayeon dragged you into this mess.”

Wendy smiled awkwardly at Jeongyeon and she tried to hide herself from the crowds’ stares.

“Im Nayeon…in front of this crowd and my families’ member…I wanted to ask you. Will you marry me?” Jeongyeon proposed.

Nayeon was in tears, she didn’t expect Jeongyeon will proposed to her in front of a whole crowds or even her family members.

“I don’t know how we both going to get legally married but, we both will figure it out together…” Jeongyeon tried to assure Nayeon.

“Yes!” Nayeon replied “Yes I will marry you!”

Jeongyeon let out a relief sigh, she took out a red velvet box from her pocket and reveal the 12 carat diamond ring which made the whole crowd to gasped in disbelieve.

Jeongyeon slipped the ring into Nayeon’s ring finger and the two lover kiss to seal their promises. Everyone clapped and cheer for them. Wendy clapped and she turned to Irene once again, she was smiling. Irene would be lying if she said she didn’t find Wendy look dashing tonight.

Sungjae clinked the glass and asked everyone to make a toast for Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Everyone made a toast wishing the couple to live happily. Wendy excuses herself to the toilet after the toast. On her way to the toilet, she bumped into someone.

“Hey, be careful.” The person managed to catch Wendy.

“I’m sorry, thanks for catching me…” Wendy looked up and her eyes immediately went bloodshot.

“You!” Seulgi gasped.

“You!” Wendy pushed Seulgi away from her.

Seulgi lunched herself toward Wendy and gave her a punch on the face. Wendy stumbled down and face planted first on the ground. She could feel that her nose broke. Wendy laid on the ground groaning in pain. The security who saw the commotion went to stop Seulgi.

“That was for the punch yesterday! Oh my God who are you?! Why do I keep meeting you?!” Seulgi shouted at Wendy.

Irene saw that Wendy was not in her seat, she tried to scan the ballroom to search for her. Then she saw the commotion near the toilet.

“Oh no, Wendy!” she gasped.

JenChuLiCheang and Ryujin turned their head to the direction and saw Wendy lying flat on the ground with her face bleeding.

“Wendy!!” they all called for the girl.

 

To be continue…

A/N:

Oh no~ who will Irene choose? Seulgi or Wendy? Will Joy defend her ex in front of her fiancé? Now the big question is, Wendy is not what y'all expect she is, she had a very dark secret. The answer to what really happened to Wendy during her teenage years will be reveal in the next chapter, or the next next chapter.