Sequel: Chapter 16: Iris's Father

When The Flower Blooms

“What do you mean Chaeyoung ah?” Irene asked again because she disbelief in what she just heard.

Rosé gritted her teeth as she just spoiled out the biggest secret that she promised Wendy she will keep till her death bed to Wendy’s lover. Jennie sighs and she just drag her cousin with her. She grabs her jacket from the jacket hanger area and told Lisa that she will take the taxi back home.

“Jennie unnie, can I follow you?” Rose asked innocently.

“No! You’ll only spoil more. Just, go and enjoy yourself at the dinner, eat all the food you want okay.”

Rosé only can watch the duo walked away guiltily. She turned to Jisoo and with tears in her eyes she asked “Did I made Jennie unnie mad?”

Jisoo pats Rosé on the head to comfort her “No, you know Jennie isn’t the type to get mad easily unless it’s Lisa.”

“Hey!”

***

“Is that why Wendy ran away?” Irene asked.

Jennie didn’t say any words, she just nodded as she sipped on her coffee.

“How small this world is…”

“When, Joy broke up with Wendy, she lost herself, she met Eric at a party, they had a brief relationship until Eric decided to go back to the state…”

“Did Eric know about Iris?”

“No…”

“……”

“Unnie…”

“I thought I know everything about Wendy…but it seems like I didn’t. There is so much that I didn’t know about her…”

“Unnie…Eric he’s a good guy, well as far as I know…Wendy unnie ended their relationship because Wendy unnie can’t lie about her feelings, she was just using Eric as a rebound to forget about Joy. After they broke up that she found out she’s already 3 months pregnant, but she refuses to tell anyone. We only know she’s pregnant after she gave birth to Iris. It was Henry who told us what happened to Wendy unnie when we lost contact with her for a year.” Said Jennie.

“If Eric was a nice man why would she ran away from him?”

“Why don’t you asked Wendy herself? I can’t tell you that, she’s the one that you need to ask.”

“I will ask her that…can you ask Jisoo to send the girls home?”

“Sure unnie.”

***

Wendy reaches home and she slowly put Iris down on her bed. She kisses her baby on the cheek and pull up the blanket to cover up Iris. She stays on the bed for a while and she stares at Iris. She lays beside Iris and put her hand on top of Iris’s chest.

“Mommy love you Iris and mommy will make sure nothing will happen to you. So promise mommy that you will be by mommy’s side…forever.”

Wendy wipes away her tears when she heard the front door opens. She gives Iris another kiss before she goes out to greet the others.

“When we get married I want to have a bigger and merrier than Joy and Seulgi’s wedding!”

“When we?” Lia teases her girlfriend.

“Yeah…I mean you don’t want to marry me?” Ryujin pouted and stare at Lia.

Lia only smiles and hugs Ryujin but she left Ryujin hanging on the question. Wendy approaches them “Hey, how was the dinner?”

“It was awesome! Why did you leave earlier? I mean everyone was looking for you. Joy unnie was going to ask you to sing for her, but she couldn’t find you.” Ryujin told her mom excitedly.

“Ugh, Iris wasn’t feeling well so I had to bring her back, good to see that you enjoy yourself, Lia are you staying over tonight?”

“Yes unnie, I’ve called my parents and they’ve give me their permission.” Lia said politely.

“Alright, now you girls go take your shower and hit the bed early.”

“Yes ma’am.” Both girls answer in unison.

“Ryujin wait, who send you home? Where’s Irene?”

“Oh, Irene unnie, she and Jennie unnie rushed out earlier, so Jisoo and Rosé unnie dropped us back home.”

Wendy wondered why Irene and Jennie didn’t stay longer at the wedding dinner. Irene as RV ex manager and also Seulgi’s ex, she thought she would stay there until the end. Wendy nods and dismissed her daughter. Then her phone rings and she sees that it’s Irene.

“Hello…”

“Are you home?” Irene’s voice sound tired and they cracked, it makes Wendy worried about her.

“Yeah…where are you, do you need me to go pick you up?”

“No, I’m actually home too…Jennie dropped me off earlier, and I saw Ryujin and Lia already entered the house.”

“Oh…”

“Wendy-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Can we talk?”

“….”

“Wendy…” Irene’s voice cracked and Wendy knew, Irene probably already know about Eric, maybe one of the girls slipped their tongue, and Wendy knows Irene had been crying.

“Give me 20 minutes, I’ll go to your apartment. I don’t want to wake the kids up.”

“Okay.”

Wendy hangs up and she sighs. She goes to her own room to get change from her clothes and washes her face. She checks on Ryujin and Lia and saw that Ryujin is lying on her bed scrolling through her phone. She knocks the door and Ryujin gets up to greet her.

“I’m going to Irene’s apartment a while. Can you watch over Iris for me?”

“Okay~ don’t do dirty thing in there.” Ryujin mother.

Wendy rolls her eyes at Ryujin and she grabs one of Ryujin’s plushies and throw it at her. Ryujin managed to catch the plushy and stuck out her tongue at Wendy.

Wendy pointed at Ryujin while glaring at her and Ryujin laughs at her mother. Wendy’s scowl soon turns to a grin and she left the room. Wendy left the house with only her house keys and phone.

She presses the doorbell to Irene’s apartment but no one answer so she presses it again. She can hear the door being unlocked and then she heard the click when the door open. Wendy was surprised when Irene lunges herself at her and hug her tightly.

“Irene?”

“I love you Wendy, I love so much.” Said Irene as she cried on Wendy’s shoulder.

Wendy was confused, why did Irene suddenly act this way “Irene…what happened?” she asked and she pushes Irene away to look at her face properly. Wendy sees that her makeup was ruined and her eyes were puffy. Wendy uses her thumb to wipes away Irene’s tears and it was the first time she sees her so scared like that. Wendy pulls her back and hugs her tightly, her hands rubs her back to comfort her as she whispers continuously that everything will be okay.

Wendy peeks into the room and she saw a lot of wine bottle on the floor and she sighs. Irene must have been drunk. She carries Irene into her apartment and she puts Irene on the sofa. She cleans up the mess but Irene wouldn’t let go of her.

***

The two of them decided to cuddle on the sofa. Irene had her arms wrapped around Wendy tightly, not wanting to let go.

“Feels better now?” Wendy asked.

Irene gently nods and she tilted her head to stares at Wendy and she leans in for a kiss. Wendy let Irene kisses her and Irene deepened the kiss. Irene wraps her arms around Wendy’s neck and Wendy rested her own hand on Irene’s waist. Wendy moans when the kiss got deeper and wetter, Irene pushes Wendy down and now she’s on top. Irene breaks the kiss and stares at Wendy lustfully. Wendy smiles at Irene and she cups Irene’s face.

“I love you Wendy…I really do.”

“I love you too Irene.”

“Today, when Jennie told me about Eric…why didn’t you tell me the truth about him? About Iris? I was afraid…I was afraid that I might lose you and Iris…I love you, and I’ve lost you in my dreams, and I’ve lost our daughter in my dreams too…I don’t want to lose you and our daughter anymore.” Irene cried.

“What…what are you saying Irene?”

“Let’s get married Wendy and let’s run away from this place…let’s live in a place where no one knows us.” Irene said to Wendy in tears.

Wendy couldn’t help but to silence Irene with a kiss and hold her tights “Calm down Irene…I’m not leaving…”

“What if Eric knows about Iris? What if he wanted to take her from us?”

“I’m not going to let Eric to take Iris away. And I’m not going to leave you…so please calm down.”

Irene finally calms down she lays on top of Wendy, listening to Wendy’s heartbeat. Wendy gently Irene’s hair to calm her down and she starts to hum some song for Irene. Wendy can feel Irene’s breath had gone steady and her tense muscle is relaxing.

“Irene-ah…there’s nothing more that I want than to be with you, Eric reappearing in my life is not going to stop us from, and I’m not going to let him know about Iris. If he doesn’t know about Iris, then nothing will happen okay?” Wendy tried to reassured her girlfriend and when she doesn’t receive any reply from Irene she looks down and she giggles when she sees that Irene had already fallen asleep and she was snoring.

“Good night love.” She wishes her and kisses her on her head.

***

The next morning

Joy woke up to an empty bed and she panicked. She looks around the room and noticed that this isn’t her room. She looks around and tries to remember what happened last night. She was so wasted to remembered what had happened but then she remembered that she was married to Seulgi and she tried to find the trace of Seulgi.

Joy gets off the bed and noticed that she was under the sheet. She quickly grabs the sheet to cover herself. She tries to look for something to wear and found an over shirt to wear. She exits the bedroom and heard some giggle coming from the kitchen. She peeks at the kitchen and saw Seulgi is having a chat with Eric.

Eric spotted Joy and he greeted her. Seulgi turned and saw that her wife who is only wearing an oversize t-shirt Seulgi quickly take off her robe and cover Joy with it.

“Go change to something more proper.” She whispered to her wife.

Joy hurriedly goes back to their bathroom to get change. Seulgi returns to the dining table and continues her conversation with Eric.

“Your wife is hot.” Said Eric and Seulgi glares at him “Chill cousin, I know she’s your wife~ just take it as a compliment from me.”

“Just stay away from her, you and your reputation of snatching away my girlfriends still haunt me.” said Seulgi.

“Consider is as a help cousin, if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t know that those girls were just using you.” Said Eric with a smirk.

“Whatever.” Seulgi scoffs at him “Anyway, how long are you planning to stay?”

“I don’t know maybe longer this time~ I mean you got yourself a big house here cousin~”

“It was a gift, from a friend.”

“Oh? Which friend? Your friend must be rich eh, I mean a house and not just any house this house is huge cous! Do you mind if I stay with you for a little longer?”

“No. I don’t want you to be around my wife.”

“Ouch, being the protective wife I see.” Eric teases Seulgi “Oh anyway Seul, I met one of my ex at your party last night, but she ran away when she saw me. Didn’t know she was one of your friend.”

“I didn’t even invite my exes over.” Said Seulgi.

“No no, she wasn’t one of your ex, she’s mine, I mean, she’s the only one that I ever loved, and I still does.”

“Oh…you mean that Wannie girl?”

“Yes…I was happy to be able to see her again after 3 years.” Said Eric while munching on his sandwich.

“It’s hard to see you actually are capable of loving someone.” Seulgi mocked her cousin playfully.

Seulgi turns her head when she heard a footstep coming from the bedroom and it was her wife, she smiles at her and she sees how Joy blushed and she couldn’t hide her smiles. She couldn’t believe that she is married to Joy now.

“Where are we Seulgi unnie? I don’t remember what happened last night and coming to this place.” Said Joy.

“Oh, I forgot to mention to you and when I tried you are too wasted last night. Wendy gave us this house…as our wedding gift.”

“Wait wait, is this Wendy, your friend?” Eric stops her cousin.

“Well, she’s Joy’s ex and she’s currently is my ex’s partner, it’s complicated, but we’re in a good term now…” Seulgi explained.

Eric takes out his phone and start scrolling through, Seulgi and Joy look at him weirdly. Then he stops scrolling and shows his phone to Seulgi “Does she looks like this?” he asked.

“Eh? Why the hell do you have Wendy’s photo?” Joy asked him.

“She…”

“She was your ex…” Seulgi finished Eric’s sentence.

“Yeah…”

“No way!”

Joy was bewildered when she learned that Eric was Wendy’s ex and when he explained to her that they broke up 3 years ago and it was Wendy who end everything between them. He knows Wendy was just using him to forget her ex, which turned out to be Joy. Eric joke about opening a ‘Wendy’s Exes’ club with Joy, but he received a smack from Seulgi. Eric told Joy that he is still pretty much in love with her. Joy asked Eric to forget about Wendy because Wendy already happy with her life now.

“Yeah…but I just wish I could meet her for the last time you know…”

“Stop it Eric, just leave the girl alone, she is happy with her daughter and new lover.” Said Seulgi.

“She had a daughter?” Eric asked in disbelieved.

“Yes, she’s 3 years old this year.”

“3 years old?”

Joy gasped when Seulgi reveal Wendy’s daughter to Eric. Joy somehow manage to patch the puzzle together, the moment Eric said that they broke up 3 years ago and him being the only male that Wendy ever date and also Wendy’s daughter age. Joy concluded that Eric must have been Iris’s father.

***

Irene woke up and her head feels heavy, she feels warm and she noticed an arm wrapped around her and she turned to find Wendy is sleeping beside her. She smiles and she kisses Wendy on the nose. Wendy stretches and stir up, the first thing she saw when she wakes up is Irene and she smiles.

“Morning love.”

“Morning…” Irene replies.

“Feeling better? How is your head? I prepared painkiller for your hangover, it’s over there at the night stand.” Said Wendy and she tries to get up to get the medicine for Irene but Irene pinned her down.

“I’m okay, stay with me for a while. I miss this.”

“We meet each other every day.”

“Yeah, but it’s not every day that I get to wake up by your side.” Said Irene as she buried her face further into Wendy’s shoulder.

Wendy laughs and she wrapped her arms around Irene “Waking up next to you feels like a dream.” She said.

“Why is that?”

“Because I can’t believe that I can have a goddess as my girlfriend.” Said Wendy cheekily and Irene gently smacks her on the chest after listened to her remark.

“Stop being too cheesy!”

“You like my cheesy pick up line~”

Irene lays on top of Wendy and uses her hand to support her head while looking longingly at Wendy. “I love you so much.”

“Yeah I know, the drunk you literally didn’t want to let go of me last night, that’s why I end up here.” Wendy chided.

“You sure you not stay here because you wanted to?” Irene teases Wendy.

Wendy only laughs and then kisses Irene again and again “It’s Sunday today, let’s go out on a date~”

“What about the kids?”

“Ryujin is a big girl now, she can take care of Iris for us~”

“Hmm…I like that idea…let me go take a shower~”

“Can I join?” Wendy asked.

Irene winks at Wendy and she seductively leads Wendy away from bed.

***

“Could that mean her daughter is mine? I know Wendy isn’t the type that easily let other touch her!” Eric try to reason out with Joy.

“I don’t know! What makes you so sure that she’s your daughter? Maybe Wendy went and adopted some kid? We don’t know that right?!” Joy argued.

“She’s 3 years old!”

“So?!”

“I haven’t see her for 3 years! That kid must have been my child!!” Eric argued back.

Seulgi stand in between her cousin and wife “Stop it you two…Eric you don’t have evidence to say that kid is yours, and Joy is right, maybe she adopted the kid, she had 2 kids!”

“She had two?”

“Yes, the other kid is a teenager.”

Eric calms himself down and finally seated himself at the couch “It…it doesn’t make sense why she run away when she saw me last night.” Said Eric.

“Seeing her ex after a long time, who wouldn’t run?” mocked Joy and she stuck out her tongue at Eric.

Seulgi apologized to Eric and she drags her wife to their bedroom.

“What?!”

“Can you please stop acting so childish?”

“I don’t like your cousin Seulgi.”

“Well I don’t like him either but he’s still my cousin!” Said Seulgi.

Joy scoffs disbelieve when her wife defended her cousin, and she couldn’t believe that they are fighting right after their wedding night. Joy crossed her arms and sit at the end of the bed sulking. Seulgi approaches her and sit next to her.

“You’re angry?”

“Go back to your cousin.”

“Sooyoungie…”

“What if Iris is really his daughter? And he wanted to take her from Wendy? Have you ever thought about that?”

“I never know Wendy like how you know Wendy! I didn’t know who she had relationship with before and I don’t know that she had a child with someone, I don’t know all of that! I didn’t know that she used to date my cousin! I…” Seulgi stops and she sighs then she continues “I just know that Wendy helped us a lot…and if that kid is Eric’s daughter, I won’t let him break them apart. This I can promise you Joy.” Said Seulgi with a calmer tone and she puts her hand on Joy’s thigh to make Joy to look at her.

Joy slowly turns to Seulgi, and Seulgi’s heart tightened when she saw tears in her wife’s eyes. She hates it that she made her wife cries, so she pulls Joy into a hug and tries to calm her “Please don’t cry. I won’t let anything happen to Wendy or Iris…”

“Wendy unnie went through a lot because of me. I don’t want to cause her any more troubles. She helped us a lot Seulgi…without her I don’t think I have the courage to be with you today.”

“I promise. I won’t let Eric do anything to them.”

***

The love birds are having breakfast together. Wendy had given Ryujin money to call for delivery and she already prepared Iris’s food before they go for breakfast. Iris whined when Wendy and Irene told them that they are going out together. Ryujin promised Iris that she will let Iris do her makeup if Iris stay at home with them and Iris immediately ditches her mother and run to her sister. Wendy were a little hurt by Iris’s action but she is thankful to Ryujin for being there for Iris.

Irene and Wendy eat in silence. No words were exchange. Wendy cut the waffle and she puts a portion at Irene’s plate. Irene stares at Wendy with her mouthful, she clears to catch Wendy’s attention and she succeed when Wendy looks up to her and smile.

“Wendy-ah.”

“Hmm?”

“Eric Nam…who is he to you?”

Wendy chokes on her waffle but she knows that the question is coming because drunk Irene from last night wouldn’t mentioning Eric’s name. Wendy take a sip of her water and put down her fork.

“I’m guess…Jennie or Rosé must have slipped their tongue huh.”

“Don’t blame them, it was me who forced them to tell me.” said Irene.

Wendy takes the napkin and wipes before she speaks “He was my ex, and he is Iris’s father. He doesn’t know that I’m pregnant when I broke up with him, and I don’t want him to know too. Iris is mine and will always be mine alone. I used him and hurt him enough so I won’t ask him to take his responsibility as Iris’s father.”

“What if he knows about Iris?”

“He is not going to know about her.” said Wendy and her tone got a little irritate.

“Wendy, last night after you’re gone, I met him.”

“You met him?! Did he do anything to you? Is that why you drink last night?” Wendy makes her own assumptions.

“No Wendy, please let me explain everything.”

After Wendy calms down, Irene holds Wendy hand and they exchange looks and they smile at each other.

“Last night, I met him…and it turns out he is Seulgi’s cousin.”

“What?”

“I’m scared Wendy, I’m scared if he learns about Iris through Seulgi and Joy. I know Seulgi and Joy won’t betray us but they didn’t know that Eric is your ex, what if they slipped their tongue? I…I don’t want you to lose Iris too…and I don’t want to lose Iris too…you know I love Iris and I’ve seen the way you are when you’re with Iris. You are happy and beaming. I don’t want to see you lost that light in your eyes.”

Wendy reaches for Irene’s face when she saw the tears drop from her eyes. “Don’t shed your tears Irene…trust me, nothing will happen to Iris. I won’t let anyone touch her.”

Irene kisses Wendy’s palm and hold Wendy’s hand closer to her face, feeling the warmth of Wendy’s palm. Despite she looks fine, deep down inside Wendy is scared too. Especially when she learned that Eric is Seulgi’s cousin. She needs to think of a way to not let Eric finds out about Iris, or maybe she is too late, maybe Eric already know. She only can hope for the best while thinking of a way to hide Iris away.

 

To be continue…

A/N: Hellu~ those who are in affected country~ how is your lock down? I am at the peak of my sanity, the numbers of cases in Malaysia is at worrying state, I’m afraid that they will extend this MRO until May! ~ Insane chapters are coming before I end this story! Wendy have to make the greatest sacrifice ever~~ stay tune everyone and stay safe! Just stay at home and reads this story~~ I’m working on a new story too, those who likes Itzy and Dreamcatcher please check it out! The name is "All About Destiny"