Chapter 12: Reconciled

When The Flower Blooms

Wendy's Room

Irene wrapped a towel around Wendy and help her to get dry. She asked Wendy to change her clothes, she herself went to her room and get change to dry clothes too. Then she brings her hair dryer to the living room, she checked on Wendy and saw that Wendy had already changes her clothes. She leads Wendy to the living room and asked Wendy to sit on the floor while she help her to dry her hair.

Wendy silently sit on the floor letting Irene to dry her hair. Irene’s gentle touch comfort her, she like the sensation of Irene brushing her hair. Wendy offered to dry Irene’s hair but Irene rejected, Wendy keep insisted and Irene gave up and let Wendy dry her hair. They exchange their position, now Irene sitting on the floor and Wendy on the couch.

“Thanks for the flower…” Irene thanked Wendy.

“No…thank you for staying…” Wendy mumbled.

“Wendy-ah…” Irene called out softly “Why did you go and punch Seulgi?” Irene asked as she holds Wendy’s hand and she brushes Wendy’s reddish knuckle.

“Why you never told me your ex was Seulgi?” Wendy asked.

“She’s an idol Wendy, would you’ve believe me if I told you my ex was an idol? I doubt you will.”

“You’re a princess and until now I still can’t believe it you know.” Wendy scoffed.

Irene lean back and rested her head on Wendy’s chest “I used to be a princess but not anymore.”

“I heard what your father told you, he gave you a year to reconsider your choice…or else he is going to do something to my café…”

“Wendy, I promise I won’t let him hurt any of you and your café.” Irene cut Wendy off and she looked up to Wendy. Wendy looked down and her heart skipped a beat, Irene’s face was so near to hers. She tried to avoid Irene’s eyes and she looked up to her TV.

“You don’t have to worry about my café Irene. Jennie told me everything about your princess life. You felt like you were suffocated have to live by rules didn’t you?” Wendy wrapped her arms around Irene’s neck and back hug her.

“You can stay here for as long as you want, I don’t mind. About my café you don’t have to worry about it…I will figure out how to save it from your father.”

Irene heart feels warm at Wendy assurance. she feels calm in Wendy’s embrace. A feeling that she and Seulgi had long gone. Even when she and Seulgi cuddled it feel cold, but with Wendy she felt warm.

“You still hasn’t answer me why you punch Seulgi.” Irene repeated her question.

“She deserved it, she left you on your wedding day, she cheated on you and she called you a…I don’t want to say it. But how did you know I punched her? I thought Jennie said she will take care of those people who took the video or photo.”

“Jennie sent me the video.” Irene loosen Wendy’s arms around her and turned to face the younger girl. “Please don’t do something reckless like that ever again…” Irene begged.

“…I’m sorry…” Wendy apologized again.

“Why did you ever fall in love with such a jerk? I never thought she’s a jerk in real life.”

Irene sighed “I don’t know Wendy…when I needed someone to comfort me back then, Seulgi was the one who came to comfort me. She was dumb but she was gentle and caring, maybe fame changed her. We used to be so sweet with each other, she used to shower me with love, and then when RV get the recognition that they want, she changed. She becomes distant and cold. I guess I was the one who’s trying hard to keep our relationship alive. She was only saying yes to me when I proposed maybe because she feels bad if she rejected. I can see it in her eyes, she wasn’t happy.”

“Why did you proceed with your wedding plan if you know the spark wasn’t there?” Wendy frowned.

“I guess I just didn’t want to lose her, we’ve been together for so long, and we’ve been thru so much together.” Irene sighed, she held Wendy’s hand and she intertwined their fingers.

“I understand your feeling…” Wendy agreed with Irene.

“Then what about you Wendy?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you still love Joy?”

Wendy surprised that Irene knew Joy was her ex “How did you know?”

“The night we were attacked by those drunkards, we stopped by a café and I saw your reaction when you saw Joy on TV…I figured it must be her. Am I right?”

Wendy nodded sadly, she rested her chin on top of Irene’s head “Yeah, she was the one. Actually when Jennie told me that Seulgi was your ex, I was a little shock, who would’ve known that your ex and my ex are in the same group, how small can this world be.” Wendy chuckled.

“Wendy-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Do you like me?”

Wendy was flustered at the sudden question “Wha What?”

“Because I think I like you.” Irene confessed and she tilted her head to look at Wendy.

“Wait wait…” Wendy moved away from Irene “I think we’re going to fast here!” Wendy got a little bit panic.

“Wait Wendy…I think you misunderstanding something here! I like you, as a friend…. not like…like you more than that.” Irene tried to explain.

“Oh…” there was a hint of sadness in Wendy’s tone.

“You sound disappointed, or, did you really like me more than friend?” Irene approached Wendy and .

Wendy blushed so hard and she tried to look away when Irene face getting closer to her.

“I’m joking Wendy, don’t take it seriously, I like that you are kind, I like that you are considerate, I like that you apologize to me even though clearly all this mess was my fault. Today, this house feels empty without you around, the café was boring even though the 4 little trouble makers came in for work today, they did a good job you know, you should’ve seen how skilful they are.”

Wendy listen attentively to every words that Irene told her, she laughed when Irene told her that Ryujin is creeping her out because that pink hair girl keeps glaring at her for some reason. Just for a day Wendy didn’t get to spend time with Irene, she felt empty. Now with Irene in front of her she felt so full, so warm and blissful. She knows that her heart had slowly healed. When she met Joy earlier, she thought the wound would reopen, but it didn’t. She is still star struck by how beautiful Joy is, but her heart didn’t skip a beat like how it used to be.

“Maybe I am slowly falling for you.” Wendy thought as she watching Irene retold her what happened at the café earlier. She is still afraid to fall in love, especially with Irene. A normal person like her to fall in love with a princess, it was like a wolf howling at the moon. That night Wendy decided to just keep her feeling to herself.

Irene stomach growled and Wendy looked at her with one of her funny reaction “I see the princess is hungry.” She teased.

“I didn’t have anything since lunch…” Irene shyly confessed.

“I’ll cook you something~ come on now princess~ please enjoy the Netflix while I cook diner for us.” Wendy offered.

“I want to help.”

“No! I’ll cook this time…I mean I wanted to apologize for making you waited for me last night…and sorry that you have to cook for me last night.”

“Why do you always say sorry Wendy? For once, not everything is your fault.” Irene frowned and she had both of her hands on her hips. Wendy bowed and apologized again, which made Irene rolled her eyes “Fine Wendy…do it your way.”

“Oh by the way Irene, that dress is for you…I know you are a princess and probably able to afford much better dress, that’s the best that I could do.”

“Oh? What for?”

“Have you forgotten? We are going to the ball tomorrow remember? I’m closing the café early tomorrow, just so we can get ready for the ball.” Wendy said from the kitchen.

“Oh yes, the ball…” then Irene remembered RV are invited to the ball too, and Seulgi is going to be there, after what happened today, she’s afraid that Seulgi and Wendy will start a fight at the ball. She knew how hot headed Seulgi is. She peeked at Wendy and saw that Wendy is busy so she went to her room and made a phone call.

“Jennie…”

“What’s up unnie…”

“Wait…are you drunk?” Irene asked when she heard how slurry Jennie sounds like.

“No~ I’m hiccup, sober…”

“Jennie, can you come to the Yoo Family Charity Ball tomorrow night?”

“Hwhy?”

“Seulgi is going to be there.” Irene grunted.

“So what? She *hiccup* is not your fiancé or girlfriend anymore~ you shouldn’t be afraid of her.”

“Hey babe! Come one and get back here!” Lisa voice can be heard from the background.

“Wendy is going to be there too…after what happened today, I need you to be around to keep Seulgi in check, I will keep an eye on Wendy.”

“Oh shoot! Damn unnie, Joy is gonna be there too.”

“I know!” Irene almost yelled.

“Geez it’s gonna be so dramatic tomorrow!”

“Jennie Kim, as the Princess of this country, I demand you to come to the ball and keep Seulgi away from Wendy.” Irene said sternly.

“Okay unnie…can I tag Lisa along?”

“Tag whoever you want along, just be there!”

“Okay okay, I’ll make a call to Jeongyeon and ask her to add us on the list.”

“Thanks a lot…”

“You owe me big time unnie.”

“I know, I know.”

“And if you and Wendy unnie are not together after this I don’t know what to do.” Jennie sighed.

“No Jennie, we are not together, we are just friend.”

“With benefit?” Jennie teased.

“Jennie Kim!”

“Okay unnie okay~ I’mma get back to Lisa, TTYL~”

Irene hung up and she sighed deeply, sometimes whenever Jennie is drunk she becomes other person, a bold no filtered person, she is worried about her cousin’s drinking habit but she loves her so she always let it slide.

A soft knock on her door scared her a bit, she turned and saw Wendy poked her head out “Hey, are you busy? I just finish cooking.”

“I’m coming…” Irene charged her phone and followed Wendy to the kitchen.

They had a wonderful diner, everything is back to normal, they happily chat and same as always Wendy made some self-depreciating joke and got a scolding from Irene. Irene asked Wendy about all the lyrics that she wrote in her little blue notebook. Wendy was mad that Irene read the book without asking for her permission, but she forgave her because the book meant nothing to her anymore. Irene told Wendy that she loves the lyrics that Wendy wrote titled “Last Love”.

Wendy said she wrote that when she was depressed, when she couldn’t forget about Joy. She said that she wished to be Joy’s last love but she knew it was impossible. Irene saw the sadness in Wendy’ eyes and she quickly try to change the topic.

“I’m curious about your singing Wendy-ah.”

“My singing?” Wendy asked raising an eyebrow.

“Henry told me you used to record songs back when you’re in your university years.”

“Aish that Henry…” Wendy gritted her teeth while holding her fork.

“Hahaha, don’t be mad at him, I asked her to tell me all about you.” Irene laughed.

“You should’ve just ask me.” Wendy pouted.

Irene laughed again and she ruffled Wendy’s short hair and caused the younger girl to flinched, Wendy thought Irene was going to hit her.

They finished up their diner, Irene cleaned up their dishes although Wendy told her not to. Wendy sit by the kitchen counter and she watched Irene do the dishes. She unconsciously smiled to herself, she imagined that if she and Irene were married, Irene would make a perfect wife. She can cook, she can do all the house chores, though Wendy felt a little guilty that Irene had to do all the chores because Irene is a princess and she should not be doing whatever that she is doing.

Irene noticed that Wendy is day dreaming, she splashed Wendy with the water from her wet hand and it make Wendy snapped back to reality.

“What did your day dream of?” Irene asked.

“I imagined that if we were married…Ugh I mean, whoever marries you will be very lucky!” Wendy immediately corrected herself.

“Hmm…why is that?”

“You’re beautiful, you can cook, you can do all the house chores…you’re just perfect.” Wendy complimented Irene.

“Why, thank you Wendy~” once again Irene closes her face to Wendy, she finds it amusing to see Wendy get flustered. Irene finds it cute whenever Wendy’s face turns red.

“I’m going to bed! See you tomorrow!” Wendy dashed out from the kitchen, leaving the disbelieve Irene by the kitchen. Irene laughed at Wendy and she shakes her head.

 

At A Fancy Restaurant

 

Jisoo was nervous, she had promised Rosé that they will meet Alice at the restaurant, but it seems like the older girl is late, it’s almost 9pm but still no sign of Alice anywhere. Jisoo had gulped down a whole bottle of white wine, she wanted to order another bottle but Rosé stopped her.

“Why are you nervous unnie, you’ve met Alice before…” Rosé was perplexed by her girlfriend’s action who seems to be nervous.

“Yes I’ve met here but that time we were just friend, now we’re, a couple!” Jisoo clarified.

“You will be fine, Alice quite like you.” Rosé tried to calm her girlfriend down.

“Your sister is the top lawyer Chaeyoung ah…she can do anything that she wanted to me if I ever hurt you. Not to mention your dad.”

“Are you planning on hurting me?” Rosé raised an eyebrow at Jisoo.

“No…I mean if I ever…forget it, why is your sister so late?”

“Oh speaking of the devil, there she is!” Rosé gets up and wave to her older sister.

“Hi there you two love birds~” Alice little sister which made the younger girl to blushed.

“Hi Alice!” Jisoo greeted, but Alice sensed that Jisoo is a little nervous.

“We’ve met so many times and this is the first time I see you’re this nervous.” Alice seated herself opposite the couple and scooted closer to the table. She requested for the menu from the waiter.

“I would like a steak, medium rare and a glass of your finest red wine.” Alice placed her order.

“You two wanted to add on anything?” Alice asked the couple, Rosé eyes lightened and Jisoo looked at her with opened.

“You’ve just had yours earlier…” Jisoo remarked.

“But…I…” Rosé whined.

“Let the baby have whatever she wants Jisoo, you gotta get used to this if you ever think about marrying her.” Alice said.

“Marry?” Jisoo went blank for a second.

“I want the same steak as her please, and 7 up.” Rosé added on to the order.

The waiter jolt down their orders and excuse himself. Rosé and her sister were excited to see each other, it’s not like they didn’t see each other at home, but usually Rosé had fallen asleep whenever Alice get back home. Alice is a lawyer, and she handle a lot of cases that required her to spend more time to do research and investigation.

“Why were you late?” Rosé whined cutely at her sister.

“I’m sorry Chae, tough case.” Alice sighed “This diner is on me, as a token of my apologies.”

“No no~ Jisoo said she is paying right Jichu?” Rosé turned to her girlfriend who still has blank expression on her face, with slightly opened.

“Jichu?” Rosé called for her girlfriend.

“Ah yeah…I’ll pay.” Jisoo finally snapped back to reality.

“Aish, I should’ve order the most expensive menu…” Alice chided jokingly.

“Unnie!”

“Chill Chae Chill…”

“Alice…did you mention about marry earlier…” Jisoo finally asked.

“Yup…you do planning on marrying my baby sister right?” Alice side eyed Jisoo.

“I do!” Jisoo said happily “But…you know…we can’t in this country, so I plan to move to Taiwan with Rosé…well in the future, if we both decided to get married.” Jisoo explained.

On the side, Rosé was busy holding her tears because she was touched by what Jisoo just said.

Alice thanked the waiter for pouring her the wine, the swirl the wine in the glass and took a small sip “Apparently, you can get marry in this country once the bill has passed in the parliament.” Alice explained.

“What?” both Jisoo and Rosé questioned Alice.

“Chaeyoung, what do you think I have been doing staying late all night?” Alice smirked “I’m working on to get the same marriage law legal in this country, dad is helping too, it’s hard because of how closed minded this country is, but I am trying my best to get the law passes.”

“Unnie…”

“Don’t get me wrong Chaeng, I’m not doing this for you alone, there’s thousands of other couple out there that wanted to love freely.”

Rosé hugged her big sister, and she was in tears, though both of them always argue but sometimes Alice would make things that made Rosé thinks that her sister is a real hero.

“So when the bill has passes, you two can get married!” Alice squealed.

“We’re still too young for that, I wanted to enjoy my time with Jisoo first before we committed to our relationship.” Rosé said.

“Aww…then I will give up on that case.” Alice said jokingly.

“Unnie!” Rosé whined.

 

To be Continue…

A/N:

A short update for y’all, another drama going to happen in next chapter, it will be super long, with lots of pairing inside, so bear with me. Will Rosé’s sister able to change S.Korea law? Hmm, will Irene and Wendy be more honest about their feeling? It may take longer time to update, but keep supporting me guys! Thanks!