Chapter 7: When Old Wound Reopen

When The Flower Blooms

Zimzalabim Cafe

“Thank you, please come again!”

“Thank you!”

“Thanks! Hope you enjoy the drinks and the cakes!”

5 people sighed deeply at the same time, and they looked at each other and laughed.

“Well that was hectic!” Wendy said with a huge grin on her face.

“Wendy Unnie!” a young girl approached the 5 people who are resting behind the drink station counter.

“Oh Mina! I really want to thank you for helping me to promote my café!” Wendy thanked the younger girl with a bright smile.

“No unnie, thank you for listening to my problem yesterday. You know I was planning to confess to her tomorrow…wish me luck unnie!”

“Go get her girl!” Wendy cheered for Mina. Mina nodded energetically before she went out to join her other friends.

“Oh wow~ popular as always Seungwannie~” Henry teased.

“Shut up.” Wendy was flustered.

“I guess that’s it for us~ I’m tired and I’m hungry, I want to head back home and order some chikin, then play some games before I go to sleep.” Jisoo stated.

“It’s barely lunch hour.” Wendy said.

“Come on unnie, all I had was pancake and some orange juice! I’m hungry!!” Jisoo whined.

“I’ll cook us something.” Irene chipped in and then vanished to the kitchen.

“Thank you~~” Jisoo voice echoes thru the once again empty café.

“Hey Wendy, do you mind if I go out for a while?” Henry asked, but he was seems a bit awkward.

“Is it Sunny?” Wendy teased.

Henry blushed and nodded.

“You may go Henry, I got these ladies…” Wendy wrapped her arms around Rosé and Jisoo “to help me around today!”

“Yah! Who said we agree to help you for the whole day today?!” Jisoo protested.

“You gotta give Henry oppa some time to reconcile with his girlfriend you know, if not he’s probably gonna get drunk again and tries to kiss me again.” Wendy wanted to puke to remember the time when Henry got so drunk and mistaken her as Sunny. Sunny is Henry’s 8 years’ girlfriend, and Wendy knew her, they are friends, though Sunny sometimes get jealous whenever Wendy and Henry spent more time together because of their café.

Henry bid the girls goodbye and exited the café. Just when Wendy decided to take a break, the café bells ringed, and a girl in pigtails came in. She looks so lost, and Wendy noticed the uniform she was wearing.

“Hey! Welcome to Zimzalabim Café! What can I help you with?”

“I’m…I’m looking for a part time job…” the girl stuttered.

“I’m sorry but we don’t hire a high school student, and by looking at your tie, you’re a third year student aren’t you? You should be focusing to study for your exam.”

“Unnie…you’re a nagger…” Rosé commented when she heard Wendy nagged the customer.

“I need a job! Please…” the pigtails girl kneeled down and it surprised Wendy and Rosé who was at the scene.

“Gggget up!” Wendy stuttered.

“Why do you need a job?” Rosé asked when the girl finally get up on her feet.

“I want to save as much money as I can so I can elope with my lover.”

Jisoo spat out her drink when she overheard what the young girl told Wendy and Rosé “You’re too young to be doing such a thing young lady!!”

“Who are you?” the girl asked Jisoo, with annoyed look on her face.

“She’s a friend…” Wendy cut Jisoo before she could even reply.

“Girl…you should be studying and not eloping…I mean you’re only 17! For god sake, please just go home and study, we don’t take high schooler as a part timer here.” Wendy said firmly.

The girl then gets down on her knees, she hugged Wendy’s leg and begged her to let she work there.

“Lunch is read…y…” Irene was confused at the situation, why was there a high schooler kneeling on the floor hugging Wendy’s legs.

“What’s going on?” Irene asked.

“She wants to work here…but Wendy said no.”

Irene bent down so she can get on eye level with the girl “May I know why?” Irene asked softly, trying not to be intimidate because people around here tend to be scare of her cold expression.

“I…I love a girl but her family hates us, and I want to save as much money I can, then I can run away with her then we can go Taiwan to register our marriage…and…I love her…so please. I really need the money…I can do whatever job you want me to do…even as cleaner.” The girl said between sobs.

Irene’s facial expression changes from being soft to stern, Wendy noticed the changes, she quickly gets the high schooler on her feet and asked her to sit comfortably.

“I will try to negotiate with her, don’t worry…” Wendy tried to reassured Irene.

“What? I didn’t say anything…” Irene said.

“Your expressions gave it away…I know you are still sensitive about this whole marriage thing. She just a kid Irene, please don’t scare her like that. Your expression could kill you know.”

“Indeed…you look scary for a moment…” Rosé mumbled.

“I’m sorry…” Irene apologized and then disappeared again into the kitchen.

Wendy watched the older girl went to the kitchen and then she turned to ChaeSoo, she crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows at them “Did anything happened today? Maybe something that I should know?” she questioned them.

Jisoo was about to open , but Rosé quickly cut her off “She’s just not feeling well unnie, nothing happened today. You know how perfectionist Jennie is, so it was hard time to choose the clothes earlier.” Rosé lied. Jisoo looked at her with a frowned, and Rosé pinched Jisoo lightly behind her back and Jisoo get the signal.

“Yeah…maybe she is just tired.” Jisoo joined in the lies.

Wendy sighed, she looked at the high school girl who were seated near the window seats, looking down on her school shoes. Wendy went to the drink making counter and whipped something fast for her. She asked ChaeSoo to go have their lunch first and let her handle the high school girl.

ChaeSoo vanished into the kitchen joining Irene to eat their meals and Wendy brings the drink that she made to the high school girl “Here…have this…”

“What’s this?”

“A warm milk tea…” Wendy replied. She seated herself opposite the girl.

“I’m Wendy, the owner of this café.” Wendy introduced herself.

“I’m Yeji…” the girl introduced herself to Wendy.

“Hi Yeji…look…we”

“I just need to work for a month…” Yeji cut Wendy off.

“I just need a month to save all the money…please.” She begged again.

Wendy sighed, she rested her chin on her palm and she look straight into Yeji’s eyes, then she rested her back against the chair, and crossed her arms and legs.

“Yeji-ah…you told me you love this girl, but you wanted to marry her is because you’re afraid of losing her aren’t you?”

Yeji nodded.

“What if one day she left you?” Wendy asked, and Yeji eyes were shot opened, she legitimate looked scares.

“I know she won’t…” Yeji replied softly, as it’s almost sounded like a whisper.

Wendy sighed again and this time she holds Yeji’s hand “Tomorrow…come again and bring your girlfriend together. Then we’ll figure this out okay?”

Yeji cried, and she nodded, she thanked Wendy before she left with her warm milk tea. Wendy watched the girl walked away with the softest stares ever. Then Irene’s voice shocked her.

“You forgot to give her the bill” Irene said coldly.

“It’ll be on me Irene, don’t worry.” Wendy expressed.

“That’s not how you do business Wendy…”

“It’s called as humanity responsibility Irene.” Wendy fired back.

“Business can’t be too kind Wendy…or you’ll lose forever.”

“And being kind won’t lose you nothing…” Wendy stated.

“You lose your income…today and yesterday.” Irene fired back at Wendy.

“Stop bickering you two…” Jisoo stepped in between Irene and Wendy and she tried to calm them down.

“Irene-unnie, I know how you feel about business, but as you know, this stubborn head value human relationship more than profit. So it’ll be tiring to make her stop being to kind to her customers.” Rosé explained.

Upon listening to Rosé’s explanation, a light bulb lighted in Irene’s mind and she rushed in to her little office and her computer.

“She’s weird today!” Wendy pouted.

Rosé laughed awkwardly and she smacked Jisoo on the shoulder to signal to the older girl to save her out of the situation. Jisoo joined in Rosé awkward laugh. The faked laughter slowed down and the three girl stood there in silence, until another bell ringed.

“Oh!! Nayeon unnie!” Rosé called for the girl who just entered the café.

“Oh! Chaeyoung ah! Jisoo ah!” Nayeon greeted the two girls with hugs and kisses.

Wendy smiled at Nayeon awkwardly and politely rejected her hugs. Nayeon was hurt by Wendy’s rejection but she continues to smiles brightly at her two friends.

“I heard about your café from my juniors Wendy ah! And I’m here to try out some of your drink!”

“I’ll be glad to make you one, please be seated, I’ll bring the menu to you.” Wendy smiled.

Rosé asked for Wendy permission to seat together with Nayeon and Wendy said that she can do whatever she wants, it’s not like she’s Wendy’s employees.

“Here’s the menu unnie, what do you want?” Rosé asked when she pass Nayeon the drink menu.

“Cotton Candy Latte please.”

“Be right back!” Jisoo took the order and went to Wendy.

Rosé watched as her lover went to the drink making counter, then she turned to face Nayeon “Why are you here unnie?”

“I came for Wendy.” Nayeon said bluntly.

“Unnie…I told you if…”

“I know Chaeyoung ah.” Nayeon cut Rosé off “I know what you are going to say, and I am not here for that, I don’t want to date Wendy as much as Wendy don’t want to date me, though she is missing something incredible like me.” Nayeon praised herself, which caused Rosé to show her disgusted expression.

“Yah…” Nayeon whined when she saw Rosé reaction “you are so mean Chaeyoung ah!”

Rosé laughed at Nayeon “Okay okay, jokes aside now unnie, why are you here for Wendy?”

“You see…I am trying to make Jeongyeon jealous and I need Wendy help for it.” Nayeon explained.

“Why can’t you choose somebody else?” Jisoo asked when she approached with Nayeon’s drink.

“Jeongyeon don’t know Wendy, so I think it will work better.” Nayeon sipped on her drink and she moaned a little “Wow…this is good.”

Jisoo and Rosé raised their eyebrows while looking at Nayeon who is busy destroying her cotton candy drink.

“Don’t worry, it will only for this Saturday night! Jeongyeon family is organizing a ball, for some charity. And I am invited, but I need a date. So Wendy.”

“I’ll go if you really needed me to go.” Wendy appeared.

“Thank you Wendy!”

“But!!” Jisoo cut Nayeon off her excitement “Me and Rosé are going to be there.” Jisoo looked into Nayeon eyes sternly.

“A deal.” Nayeon ang Jisoo seal their deal with a handshake.

Irene heard all of the conversation, she was a little pained by the fact that Wendy is going to the ball and leaving her alone in their apartment. But she knows she had no rights to stop Wendy. She took a deep breath and then step out to greet everyone. Her eyes locked with Wendy, though she tried to smiled but somehow her gazes gave it away. Wendy’s expression turned to concern when she saw Irene. Usually there was this spark in Irene’s eyes whenever she looks into them, but today, there’s only a blank void. She was worry for Irene, ever since she came back from her supposed to shop for clothes, Irene had been so cold. Her little heart telling her something happened but she is just too afraid to ask, so she only could look at Irene entertaining Nayeon with a blank expression. Nayeon invited Irene to the ball too. Irene rejected at first but Nayeon keeps insisted and Irene look to Wendy for permission. Wendy nodded and Irene agreed to go to the ball though she had to find a date since Wendy is going to be Nayeon’s date.

Nayeon left the café after short after, and Wendy saw that there isn’t much customer in the evening, she decided to dismiss Jisoo and Rosé, but before the two girls left, Wendy pulled Rosé to the side and whispered something to her, Wendy then hand her something. Rosé nodded happily, she bid Wendy good bye and went to Jisoo who was waiting for her outside of the café.

“What did you tell Rosé?” Irene interrupted.

“Oh nothing!” Wendy lied, she smiled at Irene and then she tried to change the subject “So…why did you went back to the office earlier when we were having argument?”

“Oh…that…well, I noticed how much you like to listen to people’s rant and story, I was thinking maybe…we can turn this café to a place where people can find comfort. We can use it as marketing strategy…” Irene suggested and she shot Wendy a thoughtful look.

“That’s sounds like a good idea!”

“If that so, then we need more part timer, we can’t just work with the 3 of us, well now it’s 2 of us in this café.” Irene suggested again.

“I was thinking about hiring one or two part timers…” Wendy clicked her tongue and rubbed her chin.

“How about that Yeji girl earlier?” Irene asked.

“Irene, study is very important, I can’t let such a young girl waste her youth just to work to save money, then proposed to someone who might or not fell out of love with her. Puppy love is scary, one moment you thought she was the one, but then when you are older you’re gonna realized that nope, she’s not the one for you.” Wendy ranted.

Irene who was getting frustrated by Wendy pulled Wendy into a hug. Wendy was surprised but she didn’t say anything, she just let Irene hugged her, and they stay like that for a while. Irene let go and she stared right into Wendy’s eyes “I don’t know whatever that happen to you and your ex in the past, but it’s not good of you to assume someone else’s future. Even if Yeji fell out of love with her lover, that is her own responsibility to take care of.” Irene paused for a while and she cupped Wendy’s face.

“Can you stop thinking about other people’s feelings and futures for once and only focus on yourself?” Irene asked.

Wendy nodded slowly, Irene smiled and removed her hands from cupping Wendy’s face and immediately Wendy missed Irene’s warm touch.

“Hey do you want to go eat some kimchi stew tonight?” Wendy asked out of the blue.

“Kimchi stew!!” Irene said happily and Wendy laughed at her.

“Kimchi stew it is then!”

 

Somewhere Else

Jisoo and Rosé were driving to the nearest shopping mall. It was a quiet drive. Rosé was focus on her phone and Jisoo busy focusing on the road. They stopped at a traffic light, Jisoo turned to stare at Rosé. Jisoo eyes were full of love, the way she looks at Rosé is like her whole world is there right in front of her. Unconsciously Jisoo leaned forward and plant a kiss on Rosé’s cheek, which startled the younger girl.

“What was that?” Rosé asked shyly.

“I just feel like kissing you…” Jisoo grinned at Rosé.

Rosé smacked Jisoo softly on the shoulder “Yah…Kim Jichu, please focus on the road.”

“Yes yes princess…” Jisoo obeyed. “By the way what did Wendy unnie whispered to you earlier?”

“She gave me her card and she asked me to shop for Irene unnie.”

“What shopping again?” Jisoo whined. Jisoo hated shopping, she rather stay at home, play her game or play with her dog.

“We didn’t get to buy anything for her this morning remember?”

“Yeah…who would’ve believe how small the world is…Wendy and Irene’s exes were in the same group. I wonder how Wendy will act if she knows about it.” Jisoo said.

“No, unnie, you gotta promised me not to tell anyone especially Wendy unnie about what had happened this morning.” Rosé warned.

“I know I know.” Jisoo replied.

“I’m just curious of who Irene is…” Jisoo said again.

“She’s Jennie’s cousin….”

“I think she is more than just Jennie’s cousin.” Jisoo spoke out.

“What do you mean unnie?” Rosé had put down her phone and now all of her focus is on Jisoo.

“I don’t know, I got a feeling that she is hiding something from us. Seeing how reluctant she is to go back home…I just got a bad feeling Chaeyoung ah…”

“You’re just thinking too much unnie. I mean if I were Irene too I’ll probably hide until everything had calm down and everyone forgot that my ex had a cold feet and decided to run on our wedding day.” Rosé said.

“Hmm…” Jisoo just noded along, but she had a weird feeling.

 

7PM Kims Residence.

Ding Dong

The bell of the large mansion ringed. Jennie quicken her pace to reach for the door before her servant did. Jennie excitedly open the door, she was all grinning, but then the grin turned to a frown.

“Hi Jen…” the figured greeted, smiling brightly at the pouting Jennie.

“Hi Kai…” Jennie greet back, with less enthusiastic tone.

“Oh Kai!” Mrs. Kim greeted the man.

“Hi Mrs. Kim!” Kai greeted back and he exchange hug and kisses with Mrs. Kim.

“What are you doing here Kai?” Jennie asked in angry tone.

“Chill babe, your mom invited me over.” Kai wrapped his arm around Jennie’s shoulder and Jennie flinched, she tried to brush it off but Kai wrapped his arm tighter and pull Jennie closer to him. Jennie struggles trying to get herself away from Kai but that guy tightened his grip on her.

“I invited him for diner Jennie baby.” Mrs. Kim explained.

Jennie rudely pushed Kai away and walked out of the mansion door. “Young lady where are you going?” Mrs. Kim asked her daughter.

Jennie turned and face her mom “Why don’t you and dad have a diner with him? I told you so many times, I am not interested in him. I have a diner date with my friend so don’t bother to wait for me!”

“Jennie Kim!!” Mrs. Kim shouted for her daughter when she dashed out from the gate and hop on a scooter that was waiting for her outside.

Mrs. Kim turn to Kai and apologized “I’m sorry Kai…”

“It’s okay.” Kai smiled at Mrs. Kim. He mentally memorized the car number of the scooter Jennie got on and he smirked.

 

“Who was that guy?” Lisa asked when they stopped on the red light.

“No one.” Jennie replied, she tightened her arms around Lisa’s waist and she rested her head on Lisa’s broad back. She likes that feeling, she likes listening to Lisa’s heartbeat. It was so chaotic that it had this calming effect for her.

“Do you wanna go have some Thai food?” Lisa asked.

Jennie just nodded on her back, Lisa smiled a little. She had always dream of this moment together with Jennie, it used to be impossible, because Lisa was too afraid to make a move on Jennie, but yesterday, when Lisa was sending Jennie’s home, she confessed that she like Jennie.

 

Flashback

Jennie and Lisa reached Jennie’s house. Jennie climbed off the scooted with the help of Lisa. Lisa step away from her scooter too, so she could help Jennie with her helmet. Their face was inches away. Jennie could feel Lisa’s hot breath trickling her lips. Jennie had her eyes fixed on Lisa’s plump lips, and she wanted to kiss it so bad.

Suddenly Lisa’s forehead touched hers. Lisa had rested her head on Jennie’s, and her eyes were close. “Lisa?” Jennie asked.

“Let just stay like this for a moment…” Lisa pleaded and Jennie followed. They stay like that for a moment, Lisa even intertwined their fingers together. Jennie was struggling to keep her mind thinking straight. This was the closes she ever gets to Lisa. They shared a lot of skinship but today it felt so intimate.

“I love you…” Lisa uttered softly, and if it ever gets any softer, Jennie probably gonna miss it.

“What?”

“I love you Jennie Kim…I love you so so much.”

Jennie teared up, she looked up to Lisa and she blushed when her eyes met with Lisa’s.

“I liked you on the first time I saw you, and that feeling gradually change to love, I love you so much that it hurts when I see you with other people. Jisoo especially.” Lisa sighed and she paused for a while. She gathered her breath and continue “I know you and Jisoo are like sisters because she lives next to you, but sometimes it hurts seeing you prefer to be with her and prefer to lean on her when you’re sad…I wish I could be her sometimes.”

Jennie cupped Lisa’s face and force Lisa to only stare at her “Lalisa Manoban…” Jennie called out “What’s stopping you from confessing to me then?”

“Because sometimes you’re cold toward me and sometimes you’re so clingy to me, you keep sending me this mix feeling Jennie-ah…I thought I might just try my luck to confess to you, if it failed at least I know how you really…”

Lisa was cut but a sudden kiss from Jennie. Jennie broke the kiss first, she tried to run but Lisa managed to grab hold of her wrist and Lisa back hug her.

“You love me too?” Lisa asked shyly, while burying her face on Jennie’s shoulder. Jennie touched Lisa’s hands which was wrapped around her stomach. Jennie nodded shyly to, she tried to look on the ground to hide her blushing face.

“I’m not a romantic person Jennie ah…but I will try to make you happy. So…will you be my girlfriend?” Lisa proposed.

Jennie nodded happily and they both laugh, now Jennie had turn to face Lisa. Jennie had her arms s around Lisa’s neck and Lisa had her hands on Jennie’s waist.

“It took me 107 attempts to seduce you and 98 attempts to make you jealous for you to finally acknowledge my feelings toward you, and verify your own feeling…wow Lisa just wow…you should be grateful because usually I don’t give such effort.”

Lisa laughed guiltily and she apologized to Jennie. Jennie just pouted at Lisa “You owed me a lot Manoban yah.”

“And I will do whatever it takes to pay back what I’ve owed.” Lisa replied and she lean down for a kiss, Jennie returned the kiss. They both break the kiss just to catch their breath. Jennie lay her head on Lisa’s chest, just so that she can listen to the chaotic rhythms of Lisa’s heartbeats that’s probably not going to match her crazy wild beating heart too.

Jennie tilt her head and she saw Lisa is staring at her, she smiled and for the first time in her life Jennie confessed her feelings to Lisa.

“Lalisa Manoban…I love you too.”

End of Flashback

Despite that they are official now, but no one around them know about it yet. Jennie had no problem to show her uality in front of her friends, but she is afraid what her mother is going to do to her and Lisa if she found out about their relationship. Jennie would be lying if she said she is not afraid of the society’s judgement. She is afraid but she is willing to try, she is willing to risk it all for Lisa. She loved that girl so much. She didn’t know when it started but when she realized that she got jealous whenever Lisa got closed to anyone, she knew she had fallen head over heel for Lisa. However, somethings keep bothering her when her ex-boyfriend, or should she said an ex that her mother tried to pair her with suddenly came back in town. She knows her mother probably planning something that involved Kai. She hated that guy, she did have a crush on him previously, but it all changes when she learnt about his infidelity. She was heartbroken when she found out that Kai had cheated behind her back, even though she didn’t love him but it hurts so much when someone who you thought were the perfect one was not like what you had expected.

Lisa came when Jennie needed a shoulder to cry on. They clicked so fast that it only took Jennie a week to heal her heart break. Slowly, Jennie had fallen deeper for Lisa and now look at where they are, they are holding hands walking to the Thai restaurant. They are having a date, a proper romantic date. Jennie decided to not overthinking. “What’s gonna happen tomorrow just leave it to tomorrow. Today I’mma enjoy this date night with Lisa.” She thought to herself.

 

Wendy’s Apartment

Wendy open the door to her apartment, she struggled a bit with all the stuff that she is holding. Irene offered her help, but Wendy rejected her, she said she can but it seems like she can’t. Wendy wobbled while trying to balance all the stuff that she carrying. Irene shook her head and she took the key from Wendy, then proceed to help Wendy to open the door.

They enter the apartment and put all the stuff on the kitchen table. Both Wendy and Irene went for another grocery shopping after they closed the café. They bought all the ingredients they needed to make some kimchi stew, when Irene remembered that Rosé and Jisoo already finished the grocery they bought yesterday.

“I can’t believe Rosé actually finished all the food that we bought!” Wendy grunted as she throws herself on the couch. Irene was busy putting away the grocery while listening to Wendy’s complained.

“Hey Irene…how about we go out eat? I’m too lazy to cook.” Wendy suggested.

“Where to?” Irene asked.

“How about the stall by the roadside near to our place? Their Kimchi stew and kimbab is too die for!” Wendy suggested.

“Alright, just let me put away all this thing first.” Irene replied from the kitchen.

“Unnie let me help you, you go and get change…” Wendy stood up and went to the kitchen to help Irene.

“I noticed that you didn’t even bought any clothes even though I asked you to, I asked Rosé to buy some and it’s in your room.”

“You don’t have to…”

“I know what you’ll tell me that, that’s why I secretly asked Rosé to pick out something for you. Please don’t reject, you can pay me back slowly if you needed to. I just want you to wear something nice.”

Irene smiled “Are you saying that what I’m wearing now is not nice?” Irene teased.

“No…I I I mean…you look good…but…I don’t want you to keep wearing my clothes…I mean I don’t mind but…you know…it’s my clothes, and…call me weird or whatever, it’s just weird to see someone else’s wear my clothes you know…” Wendy explained.

“Hmm…” Irene hummed.

“So unnie, please~” Wendy begged. Wendy had start calling Irene unnie ever since she learnt that Irene is older than her. It bothered Irene for a while but once she got used to it, Irene just let it slipped.

“Fine…I’ll pay you back.” Irene said before she went into her room.

 

Irene’s Room

Irene saw the shopping bag on her bed. She opened it and saw a handwritten note. She opened it up and read it.

Dear Irene Unnie,

Wendy unnie had asked us to pick up something for you before she dismissed us earlier. I noticed that you prefer black color because you keep on picking up black color when we visited Jennie’s boutique, so I bought you a few black clothes and some jeans. Hope you like it! For whatever that happened in Jennie’s boutique, we’re not gonna ask you about it. We will wait until you are ready to tell us about it. So don’t worry, we will keep quiet on this.

XOXO

Roseanne Park

Irene smiled at the note, she likes Rosé and that is for sure, she is not sure about Jisoo though, but Jisoo is cool she thought. She rummaged through the shopping bag and pulled out a nice pair of legging and a black graphic shirt. She changed quickly and went out of her room.

Wendy was laying on the couch, playing her phone. Irene clear to get Wendy’s attention and Wendy immediately sit up “Ready to go?” Wendy asked and Irene nodded.

They decided to walk over instead of driving. The stall they went to is just a few blocks away from their place. The night was a little chilly, it’s almost 10pm. Irene shuddered when a cold wind hit her face. Wendy saw that Irene is shivering beside her, she took off her jacket and wrapped it around Irene’s tiny frame. Irene was surprised when she felt Wendy’s touch, she looked at Wendy.

“You’re shivering.” Wendy explained.

“But won’t you feel cold too?” Irene asked when she saw that Wendy only wear a thin layer shirt.

“Nah, the cold never really bother me.” Wendy sneezed after she finished her sentences.

“And…you just sneezed.” Irene said sardonically.

Wendy rubbed her nose and laughed “Aha…I guess it does feel a little chilly.”

“Come here…” Irene invited Wendy to get closer to her.

Wendy was reluctant at first but Irene insisted and she gave up and went to Irene. Irene linked their arms together and closed the gap between them, hoping that their body heat can give help them to get warm. Wendy flinched when she felt how cold Irene’s hand was but she endured it and even squeezed it a little tighter.

“Your hand is so warm!” Irene said

“Yours is so cold!!” Wendy exclaimed.

“I’m not good with cold weather.” Irene confessed. Wendy’s body is so warm that Irene unconsciously almost wrapped herself around Wendy. Wendy can feel her heartbeat getting louder when Irene wrapped her arm around her waist. Irene snuggled closer to Wendy, Wendy unconsciously wrapped her arm around Irene’s shoulder and they walk abreast to the stall. When they passed by a nearby café, Wendy suddenly stopped, which caused Irene to whined a bit. Wendy stopped because she saw Red Velvet is on the TV. She smiled when she sees joy happily talked about SungJae on the talk show. The pained showed on her face, though she was smiling. Irene saw the pained smile on Wendy’s expression, she holds Wendy’s arm tighter.

Wendy turned to Irene “You know what, she looks so much happier compared to when she was with me…” Wendy said sadly.

“Who?” Irene was confused at Wendy’s words.

Wendy realized that she almost spills something that she doesn’t want anyone to know. She sighed and shook her head “It’s nothing~ let’s go eat, I’m hungry!” Wendy smiled and she tugged Irene with her.

Irene looked back at the TV and she saw how happy Seulgi looked, she felt sad “You were happier without me huh…” Irene thought to herself. She felt Wendy is tugging her by pulling her hand gently. Irene quicken her pace to match Wendy. She holds Wendy’s arm with both her hands. Wendy is so warm that Irene managed to forget about Seulgi for a moment. Irene knew that deep down inside she still loves Seulgi, but she just can’t forgive Seulgi for what she had done. She is thankful to Wendy who was there for her when she was in her lowest point of her life. She just wanted to stay like this with Wendy until she can fully forget about Kang Seulgi.

Their diner went peacefully, both of them enjoy the food and they learnt that them both have the same food preferences. Irene said that it would be easy to decide on breakfast and dinner since that both like the same type of food. Wendy went to pay for the bills and then they walk back to their place holding hand together. Their happy conversations were interrupted by a drunkard who walked pass them. The drunkard taunted them for being a lesbian, and it he thinks that it is disgusted seeing the two of them holding hands. Irene didn’t want to provoke the drunkard any further, she kept on tugging Wendy to walk faster, but Wendy was having none of it. Wendy turned to face the drunkard, Irene tried to stop her but she was too late. Wendy already went toward the drunkard and she is holding him by the collar.

“So what if we are a lesbian couple?! At least it’s better than getting drunk everyday like you!”

“Ooh I’m scare a lesbian is attacking me!” The drunkard mocked Wendy.

Wendy had lost her patient and she raised her hand, getting ready to give the drunkard a big slap across the face but before her hand can reach his face, she was attacked from behind by the drunkard friends.

Wendy fell off on the ground, she was in pain. Irene screamed and rushed toward Wendy. The two drunkards laughed at Wendy, but they quickly scrambled away when Irene threatened to call for police. Irene hold Wendy in her embrace, she checked on Wendy’s head which the drunkard attacked with a plank. Wendy head was bleeding and Irene gotten panic, she took out her phone and wanted to call for help but Wendy stopped her. She said that her apartment is nearby, beside the wound is not that deep. Irene complied and she helped Wendy to get up and they walk back to Wendy’s place.

 

Wendy’s Apartment.

Wendy sit on the couch and Irene rushed to get the emergency first aid kit. She took a cotton, pour in the antiseptic medicine and gently use it to clean Wendy’s wound. It’s indeed not that deep, but the blood flow nonstop. Irene then went back to the kitchen, she came out with a pack of ice and hand it to Wendy, so Wendy can let her blood from continue flowing out. While Irene was addressing Wendy’s wound, Irene body got so close to Wendy. Wendy stare directly on the older girl’s chest. Unconsciously, Wendy wrapped her arms wound Irene and rested her head on Irene’s chest, listening to Irene’s slow heartbeat.

Irene was surprised, but she didn’t push Wendy away. She just stays silence until Wendy said something “Please…just let me stay like this for a while.” Wendy said.

Irene complied, she put her hand on Wendy’s head and she pats her, telling her that everything is okay. Wendy was sad, but it wasn’t because of the attacked, because she suddenly missed Joy so much after she saw Joy on the television earlier. She had avoided hearing, listening and watching anything that is joy related, because she’s afraid that she will break down and cry. The remarks by the drunkard earlier also had some impact on her. She remembered when she first dated Joy, someone assaulted them too. She defended Joy, she would do anything for Joy, but now Joy probably is happier with other guy. She was hurt, and she thought she had slowly healed, but it seems like not the case. She still misses her. She still wants her to be beside her. She still loves Joy Park Sooyoung.

Wendy cries loudly, Irene hugged her back tightly, hoping that it will gave her more comfort. Irene had no idea what had made Wendy so sad, she was happy before they went out. “Maybe she was affected by the drunkard’s remark” Irene thought to herself. They stay in that position until both of them fall asleep on the couch in each other embrace.

 

To be continue…