Chapter 20: The Family Blessing

When The Flower Blooms

Wendy’s Room

Wendy wake up from her sleep, she turns to her side and she saw a sleeping angel beside her. It is not the first time they shared a bed with Irene but last night it was different. It was the first time they being honest with each other, their feeling were mutual. Wendy was surprised that it was Irene’s first time despite she had being with Seulgi before. Wendy make sure she was gentle with Irene last night. It’s been so long since she had touch someone else and letting herself loose as well.

Wendy brushes Irene’s hair away, she kisses Irene’s forehead and it causes the girl to stir up. Irene brown eyes flutter open and meet with Wendy’s. She smiles at her and give Wendy a peck.

“Morning…” she greets.

“Morning beauty. Did you have a nice sleep?”

“I did, thank you…” Irene snuggles closer to Wendy “But how is your shoulder?” Irene touches Wendy’s shoulder where the bullet grazed. Wendy yelps at the touch “I’m sorry!” Irene apologizes.

“It’s nothing…” Wendy brushes it off, this pain is nothing compared to the other pain that she felt.

“Irene-ah…”

“Hmm?” Irene looks up to Wendy. Wendy kisses Irene on her temple and she hugs her tightly.

“I don’t know what the future holds, I don’t know how we are going to face the people and the judgement, but I know that I want to spend my whole life with you…so will you…”

“Yes I do…” Irene replies without letting Wendy finishes her sentence.

“You didn’t even let me finish my sentence…”

“I don’t need to listen to any of it because I want to spend my whole life with you too. I want to be there for you…” Irene explains.

Wendy is happy that she is able to find love again, even though the circumstances is tragic. She lost her brother but she gain love again. She wishes that Henry was there to witness she confesses her feeling toward Irene.

“Come on Irene, let’s get out of bed, I want to bring you to meet someone.” Wendy urges.

Irene complies and she gets up from the bed but Wendy got so turn on seeing the Irene get up from the bed.

“Matter fact, we’ll go later…” Wendy pulls Irene back to their bed. Irene yelps and she giggles when Wendy kisses her.

 

Dining Room

“Good morning…” Wayne greeted the girls on the dining table. They all greeted back but the atmosphere is a bit gloomy.

“I am sorry you guys had to face such traumatic experience…” Wayne apologizes.

“Oh no, don’t worry…We’re good.” Jennie said.

“Mr. Wayne…” Ryujin calls out for Wayne “What are you going to do with your other daughter?” Ryujin asked.

Wayne inhale deeply, he looks at Ryujin seriously “I know what you are planning to do Ms Ryujin…My old friend Mr. Shinagawa called me and told me that you instructed his men to search for Naeun…I would prefer it if you don’t interfere in our family matters.”

“Wendy unnie is my friend and I cannot tolerate anyone who hurt my friend.” Ryujin glare back.

The girls feel the tension in the room, they awkwardly drink their water and eat their food. They lightened up when Wendy and Irene entered the room. Wendy was wearing a turtle neck and that look odd on her because the girls never seen her wear such fashion before.

“They each other last night I’m sure of it!” Jisoo wishpered to Lisa and the poor girl choke on her water.

“Lili you okay?”

“Yeah yeah…” Lisa laugh awkwardly and she glare at Jisoo for making that remark.

“Father…I have something that I wanted to tell you.” Wendy went to her father, with Irene following her from behind.

“What is it Seungwan…”

Wendy nervously look at Irene, Irene nods at her to tell her to proceed in whatever that she is going to do.

“Irene and I…we are officially together, and I hope you will bless us.” Wendy told her father.

All of the girls in the room were shocked, they did not see that coming except for Jisoo, Rosé and Ryujin who was not affected by the news at all.

“Hmmm…I thought you did mention to me Irene was your girlfriend?” Wayne rubs his chin doubting his daughter.

“I lied that time, we weren’t together yet…but I’ve decided that I wanted to be with her last night. She had been my strength and she’s always there for me whenever I need someone…I”

“I understand Seungwan…but…” Wayne cut his daughter off “Why didn’t you tell me that Irene is a Princess?” Wayne questions.

Wendy was surprise when his father question Irene’s identity “How…how did you know?” Wendy stuttered.

“I ran a background check on all of your friends, Seungwan. I know you will not be happy with it but I had to, after what Naeun had done. We cannot believe in anyone.” Wayne explain.

“I’m not going to change my mind about Irene, dad. I don’t care about what S.Korea is going to do if they found out, I will deal with it when the time comes.”

“Sir…”

“You two got my blessing…” Wayne cut the two lover birds before they could finish their sentence “I want Wendy to be happy and I can see that she is happy with you Irene. I will help you if the S.Korea royal family start to pest you.”

“Thank you dad.” Wendy hugs her father to show her gratitude. Wayne smiles at his daughter and Irene.

The girls gaze in awe at Irene and Wendy getting their blessing from Wendy’s father, except for Ryujin. Ryujin excuses herself and leave the dining room. Wendy saw she leave, she looks at Jisoo and Jisoo just shrugs. Wendy turns to the Itzy girls asking for answer. They all sigh.

“I think you two really need to go and talk to her. She’s probably upset right now.” Yuna explained.

“Upset? Why?” Wendy was confuse, why would Ryujin be upset so suddenly? She was fine when Wendy walked in the dining room. “Kids and mood swing.” Wendy scoffed.

“She had a crush on Irene, Wendy-ah.” Jennie interrupts.

“What?” Irene and Wendy was surprised by the fact.

“Why don’t you two go and talk to her?” Wayne said “Kid’s heart is fragile Seungwan, that Ryujin kid remind me a lot of your teenage self.” Wayne adds.

Wendy sighs, she didn’t know that Ryujin had a crush on Irene, if she’d known she probably won’t announce hers and Irene’s relationship. She felt guilty that she broke that little girl’s heart. “I’ll go talk to her.” Wendy volunteer but Irene stops her.

“No, I will go.” Irene said with a smile “She had a crush on me, so let me talk to her.”

“You might want to be careful dear…” Wayne warned, because he knows Ryujin’s identity, he didn’t want the girl to take any drastic action and causes any harm to his daughter and friends.

Irene exited the dining room in hoping to find Ryujin outside but she didn’t see her. She asked the guards and servants if they have seen the pink color hair anywhere and they pointed out to the garden. Irene thanked them and went to the garden. She saw Ryujin sat by the pond and she approached her.

“You angry?” Irene asked in the gentlest way possible.

“Angry of what?” Ryujin pouted and she crossed her arms.

“The girls told me that you had a crush on me.”

Ryujin blushed and she turned to the other side avoiding Irene’s gaze “So..so what ifff I have crush on you?!” Ryujin stuttered.

Irene sits next to Ryujin, she stares into the garden maze and the blue sky “You’re still young Ryujin.”

“So you’re telling me, that I can’t have a crush on you because I’m still young?” Ryujin groans, she was trying to hide her tears.

“Ryujin look at me.”

“No.”

“Turn and look at me.” Irene demands.

“No!” Ryujin protests.

“Shin Ryujin!” Irene raises her voice.

Ryujin grunts but she obeys and turn to face Irene. Their eyes meet, Ryujin panic and tried to avert her gaze but Irene cupped her face so she can’t turn away from her.

“Ryujin, you are like a little sister to me, and you’re still young, a crush is only a phase, when you find someone that you love, you will disregard your feeling toward me. I’m not telling you that you can’t have a crush on me, I’m thankful that you actually like me, I thought you hated me because you used to act coldly toward me and Wendy.” 

“I’m sorry if I made you felt that way, I really like you unnie…you’re like the most beautiful girl that I ever seen. I don’t know when I start to feel that way toward you, I feel weird around you, and then I realized I’m starting to fall for you. It hurts to see you and Wendy together. I know that you both like each other, I can see it in your eyes. The way you two always look at each other. I know you will not reciprocate my feelings, that’s why I decided if I can’t have your love, let me just be beside you to protect you. I just want to feel love unnie…Since I was young I never know what love is. My parents were never there for me, my grandparents they are disappointed in me because I wasn’t up to their expectation. I was a failure. No one around me love me, it’s all fake love, they were force to love me because of my family influence. But with you, the love is real. I know that the love you show me is differerent from the love you show Wendy, but I’m trying to be selfish, to see if I could feel that kind of love too. It seems like it’s impossible now.” Ryujin cried.

Irene pulls Ryujin into a hug and pats her head “You are not a failure, it is okay to yearn for love, it is okay to have these kind of feeling. I cannot reciprocate your feeling but I can promise you that I will be here for you if you ever needed anyone to talk to, or if you need anyone to pamper you. With me being together with Wendy doesn’t make me love you and the other girls any lesser. You guys are like my children. I love you girls, I really do, and that’s why I want the best for all of you. Don’t cry Ryujin-ah…unnie will always be your unnie okay? I will love you unconditionally.

Ryujin cries and she wipes away her tears, she hugs Irene tightly and whisper thank you to Irene. She thank her profusely. Irene pats Ryujin on her back to comforts her. Irene knows the feeling of being neglected, she knows the feeling of lack of love, but she was lucky that her parents are still alive and her parents pay attention to her. She knows her parents love her even though they couldn’t spend much time with her. 

Wendy was watching from behind, she rested herself against the door frame, silently watching Irene comforting Ryujin. She wanted to join them but she didn’t want to ruin the moment. 

“That girl remind me a lot of you Seungwan…” Wayne joined his daughter watching over Irene and Ryujin.

“You mean Ryujin? Why she reminds you of me?” 

“You always thought that you are a failure, you always think that you failed me, you always think that I prefer your sister more than you and you always think that you should do better to beat your sister’s achievement. Honey, to me, all of that means nothing. I love all of my daughters equally. You may think that your parents didn’t love you but the truth is they are willing to sacrifice everything for you.” 

Wendy thinks for a moment about what her father told her. She smiles at her father and she offers to push her father back to the mansion because the weather is getting chiller. 

“By the way Wendy…please be careful with Ryujin, I know she is your friend, but she’s a dangerous friend.”

“What do you mean dad?”

She’s a Yakuza, Seungwan.”

“She’s a what?!”

“She’s the heir of the Shinagawa Clan…her parents died during a Yakuza mob when she was only 10 years old. Her grandfather sent her to her father’s side of the family because it would be too dangerous for her to live in Japan. Being the only heir and their clan are against a woman being the house leader. However being friend with her might be an advantages for us, with the help of the Yakuza, we can strengthened our power. ”

“Dad…I am not going to use my friend to fight all the corrupted members of the clan.” Wendy refused.

“Then what will you do? If the coup d’etat happen, you need as much backup as you can.”

Wendy gently squeeze her father’s shoulder to tell him not to worry about her. She knows what she got to do in order to stop the rebellion.

Entertainment Room

“That’s not fair!!” Jisoo shouted angrily when Rosé cheated while playing game with her.

“I didn’t cheat! It’s just you who didn’t know how to play!” Rosé retaliated.

“One more round!” Jisoo challenged.

“Oh it’s on!”

Lisa and Jennie were busy taking picture at the other corner of the room. The Itzy kids were chatting about Ryujin and Lia. They are worry for both of them. They know how Ryujin is always constantly throw tantrum when she can’t have what she wants. They are used to that side of Ryujin because they know how her grandfather will give her anything that she wants. As for Lia, the girls are hurt that she ran away when she saw them. They thought she will be happy to see them. Yeji wanted to go and find her but the problem is Son’s family guards won’t let them go out without .

Ryujin enter the room and she seated herself in between Yuna and Yeji. They look at her weirdly, however Ryujin just smiles at them and that was the first time that they had seen her smile genuinely.

“Did something happen?” Yeji asked.

“Nope.” Ryujin smiles and she focus on her phone.

“You’re creeping me out…” Yuna said.

“Oh, I can’t smile huh?”

“It’s very hard to see you smile…” Chaeryoung adds on.

“Whatever…” Ryujin scoffs and she focus on her phone. She was scrolling through the selfie that she took with Irene earlier.

 

Wendy’s Room

“Hey…” Irene greeted Wendy who was busy finding something.

“Hey…so how was the talk with Ryujin?” Wendy asked.

“Good…that poor girl, she just need someone to love her.”

Wendy took out a photo book and she smiles at Irene “So, what are you gonna do about it?”

“She lost her parents when she was young…so I think what she needs is love and someone to be there for her. I promised her that I will be there for her.”

“So you mean you want to adopt her?” Wendy teased.

“Can I?” Irene asked in curiosity and she look at Wendy with her puppy eyes.

“No…” Wendy replied.

“Ah…” Irene sounded disappointed.

“No…wait..you are serious about adopting Ryujin?”

“I guess…I mean I would want to give her the mother love that she lack of.”

“We can do that without adopting her Irene-ah. Beside she still got family.”

“Hmmm…we huh?”

“Yeah we…anyway, are you ready?”

“Ready for?”

“We’re going to some place…I want you to meet someone.”

“Oh…let me just fix my make up.”

“You don’t need make up Irene. You are beautiful without it.” Wendy is being cheesy.

“It’s call as courtesy Wendy-ah. Go on wait for me outside.”

“Yes my princess…” Wendy pulled Irene for a quick smooch and then she hurriedly exited the room before Irene could react and hit her for the kiss.

 

Wendy was on her wait to join the other girls at the entertainment room, but she stopped when she spotted Yeji alone by the garden.

“Yeji.” She called out.

“Unnie.” Yeji greeted.

“You look restless…what happened?”

“Unnie…I…I met Lia.”

“Oh! Where did you met her?”

“But she ran away when she saw me…can…I know this is wrong but can you help me find her? I need to talk to her.”

Wendy was contemplated to use her influence to help Yeji but she is concern about her. Yeji cried for weeks when her girlfriend left her. She just silently nods and asked for more details about Lia. She was dumbfounded when Yeji told her that Lia father is the police chief Mr. Choi.

“Her father is with the authorities?!”

“I…I understand if you don’t want to help me out but…I…I will find a way to find her.”

“I will help you find her…” Wendy assures the younger girl.

Yeji smiles from ear to ear and she hugs Wendy to thank her.

“But…I will do it later, now I got some business to do.”

“No rush unnie…”

“How about I ask the chauffeur to bring you girls go around town? There’s a lot of good food around!”

“But…I thought we aren’t allowed to leave the mansion?”

“You can’t leave without , I will arrange that for you.”

Wendy goes to her father’s study room and she asks for him to arrange for the girls to explore the city. She knows that it’s not safe out there with Naeun still running loose. She can’t let her friends rot in the house either. Her father allowed her friends to go out but he select the escorts himself because her had lost trust after what had happened.

The girls were overjoy when they are allowed to go outside. Wendy bid them goodbye and tell them to enjoy themselves. Once they have gone, Wendy and Irene ride another car and went to the place that Wendy wanted to go.

“Where are we going?” Irene asked.

“You will see soon.” Wendy replied with a smile. She holds Irene hand, and she like how Irene’s hand fit just right with hers. Irene yawned, her eyes got heavier. Wendy offer Irene her shoulder so she could sleep for awhile. Irene lay her head on Wendy’s shoulder and fall asleep after that.

The ride took around 35 minutes. Wendy awakes when she heard her driver call for her name. She look out the window and a sad smile appear on her face. They are at the cemetery. Wendy gently shake Irene to wake her up. Irene opens her eyes and saw that they are at the cemetery.

“Why are we here?” Irene asked, if she can, she would want to avoid the dreadful place. After Henry’s death and funeral, she still had trauma of what happened.

“We’re here to say our final good bye to Henry, and meet my sister and mom.”

“Oh…” Irene realized what Wendy want to do. She follows Wendy and when Wendy holds out her hand, she holds it. They walk hand in hand toward Henry’s grave. Wendy squatted in front of Henry’s and she brushes away the dirt on the tombstone. She smiles and she scoffs a little.

“I hated that you didn’t keep your promise oppa…you told me you will always be here for me, but you went first…oppa, you don’t have to worry. I will live my life to the fullest, thank you for all the years you’ve been by my side. And I want to tell you that Irene and I got together. I love her, oppa. I love her so much. If you can hear me, please bless up from up above. I know that being with Irene means I will have to face a lot of obstacle, so oppa…please watch over us.”

Irene heard every words that Wendy told Henry, so she kneels next to Wendy “Henry-ah, I’m sorry I always acted coldly toward you. But you are the only male that I can consider as a friend. I don’t know much about you, but I know you love Wendy just as much as I love her and we both want the best for her. So I promise you I will take a good care of her. Maybe I can’t do it like you do but I will try my best.” Irene holds Wendy hand and they look at each other before Wendy look back at the tombstone.

“We will take care of Sunny oppa…and your child. I will tell your baby about what a great person you are. You baby will be so proud of you. Sunny unnie is coping with you’re absence. It’s hard for her too as it is hard for me. But she is your fiancé, and she’s a strong woman. She can go thru it. Rest in peace oppa. I will take care of everything.” Wendy close her eyes and gives her last prayer for Henry.

They both leave a bouquet of flower for Henry and they proceed to go to Wendy’s sister grave.

“Unnie…” Wendy greets “I’m a bad sister, it’s been 12 years now…I don’t think I ever visited your grave. I was scare that I couldn’t face you…so I ran away, to Korea. I regret everything that happened. Never once I didn’t stop blaming myself for what happened that night. I’ve known the truth about our mom, Seunghee-unnie. Henry and dad told me. Dad and me, we already reconciled, but I lose a brother unnie. If you see him there, tell him I miss him. Tell him I will be okay.” Wendy pauses awhile to wipe her tears. Irene immediately went to her side and caress her back to comfort her.

Wendy continues with her rants “Unnie…for the past 12 years, a lot happened. I met my first love, and she broke my heart. I almost lost m life because I do stupid things. If you are still alive you probably will kill me yourself. But I’m good now, I’ve learn to fall in love again, and I’m being courageous again to love someone. Her name is Irene Bae, she’s actually a princess, I mean like real real princess of Korea! She’s 2 years older than me, and she’s gorgeous, she’s smart, she is so beautiful…” Wendys stops and she turns to look at Irene “I would trade the whole world for her…so Seunghee unnie…please bless us.”

Irene was touched at Wendy’s remark. She didn’t know that is how Wendy think of her. She hadn’t put much thought on Wendy, but she does love the girl. She silently pray for Seunghee in her heart and she thanked her for raising such gentle woman.

Their last stop is Wendy’s mothers grave, they are side by side and Irene was spooked by how uncanny similar they look like. Jung Seungmi looked like an older version of Wendy, while Wendy’s biological mother Jung Seungyeon, looked just like the current Wendy. Irene understand now why Wayne said that he can’t face Wendy without feeling guilty toward her real mother. They silently pray for the two souls. Wendy chat with both of her mother for awhile before they headed back to the car. They both entered the car and Wendy lay back her head. Irene asked if she is okay. Wendy said she is okay. She thanked Irene for being there with her because she doesn’t know if she can face all of her loved ones if Irene is not there. Irene told Wendy that she will be beside her no matter what happen. Wendy smiles at Irene’s remark, she then tell her driver to bring them to the other girls. Wendy promised that they will join them for lunch.

To be continue....

A/N:

Okay, next chapter gonna focus on Lia and Yeji and also Wendy taking over her father's place before they head back to Seoul. And~ Irene will learn about Yeri case. Seulgi threaten Wendy. Naeun appear and someone will get shot again....