Sequel: Chapter 1: First Meeting

When The Flower Blooms

A/N: Okay guys, since I receive overwhelming request to to a sequel here it is! I may stretch the story even longer. Bare with me guys! I promise less drama and more fluff!

***

 

A month after Irene woke up from her coma, she found Wendy again. Though Wendy didn’t know who she was. It was a hilarious meeting between them. Irene tried so hard to remind Wendy about their encounter and the RV girls told her it was just her dream.

Flashback

“Do we know each other?” asked Wendy confusedly when Irene called out to her.

“Seungwan-ah, it’s me.” Irene’s voice cracked when Wendy couldn’t remember her.

Joy, Seulgi and Yeri rushed in to the café when Irene ran into it, they tried to restrain her but she managed to escape and ran into the café.

“Unnie, please don’t run away like that you are still not well!” Seulgi scolded Irene.

“Joy?” Wendy squinted her eyes when she saw her ex-girlfriend.

“Wendy?” Joy’s eyes widened when she saw her ex. The one that she had been missing for 4 years.

Irene looked hurt when she saw the sparkle in Wendy’s eyes when Wendy saw Joy. She clenched her fist and step in between Wendy and Joy, she held out her hand and introduce herself to Wendy.

“Dang! It’s the Red Velvet!!” the Itzy girls gasped when they saw their favorite idols appear in front of them.

“I’m Irene Bae Joohyun.” Irene introduced to herself to Wendy.

“Bae Joohyun?” Ryujin chipped in.

“Yes Ryujin.” Irene replied without even look at Ryujin.

Ryujin looked at Irene confusedly “How did you know my name?” asked Ryujin.

The realization hit Irene when Ryujin asked her that, she just woke up from her coma and whatever happened to her during that comatose state is all a dream, and she never met these people before but it feels so real.

“I ugh…” stammered Irene and then she noticed Ryujin’s nametag and she quickly pointed to her nametag “Clearly from your nametag.” Said Irene.

Ryujin looked down to her nametag and then look back to Irene, she frowned at her but decided to brush away her suspicions.

“I’m sorry Ms Bae, but I don’t think I have met you before.”

Seulgi tried to pull Irene away but Irene persisted to stay “I’m not leaving!” she protested.

“Seungwanie…I know this may sound weird but let me explain to you, I was in a coma state for a year, because that jerk…” she paused and pointed at Seulgi “break my heart, she ran away because she’s a coward, I tried to kill myself by swallowing sleeping pills, and I have a weird dream a very weird and long dreams about you, about us.” Said Irene.

Wendy looked at Irene with confusion in her eyes, she looked at the time and it’s almost 7pm, she looked back at Ryujin and the girls then back to Irene “Ryujinie, Yeji, can you make a cup of hot chocolate for Ms Irene and her friends?”

Yeji and Ryujin looked at each other and then they proceed to the drink making counter to make drink for the girls. Wendy invited the girls to take a seat at a more private area of the café. Irene looked around the café and see that it is just the same like in her dreams. Nothing had changed. Yuna and Lia served them their hot chocolate, and Irene was a little surprised to see Lia. 

“Lia-ssi…didn’t you continued your study in Canada?”

“I did…” Lia looked suspicious at Irene, because she had never met this lady but she knows everything about her.

“Did you get together with Ryujin or Yeji?” Irene asked.

“I think that is a personal matter Miss…I think you shouldn’t…”

“Okay, Lia, I think you should go back to work.” Said Wendy as she cut Lia off before Lia gets agitated at Irene.

Wendy seated herself opposite Irene, and Irene’s heart skipped a bit when their eyes met.

“So tell me about your dream.” Said Wendy as she got closer to Irene.

Joy was getting a little uncomfortable around the two so she pulled Yeri and Seulgi to the side. “Let unnie have her time with Wendy.” She said and the duo complied.

Irene was contemplated whether to tell Wendy all about her dream. She tried to explain but then she saw Henry walked into the café holding a baby in his arms, she stopped. Henry stopped and stared at Irene, then he smiled.

“Oh hi, Wendy you have company?” he asked Wendy.

“Honey, you forgot the baby’s bag!”

Irene saw Sunny walked in with a bag in her hand, she smiled at her, and Sunny smiled back.

Henry noticed Joy was with them “Eh, the RV is here…good to see you Joy.” He greeted her, but he didn’t seem too happy to see her.

“Hi Henry…” Joy awkwardly greet the guy.

That moment too, Irene knew that her dream was not real, in her dream, Henry died, but Henry is still alive, is married to Sunny and they had a kid together.

End of flashback

After that fateful meeting, Irene quit her job as RV manager, she went back briefly to the palace to abdicate her place as the princess. Suzy was perplexed when Irene could tell her what happened to her childhood. It was hard to believe at first but Suzy trust Irene, and she agreed to take away Irene’s title as princess and allow her to live as a commoner. She offered Irene to bank in monthly allowance for at least a year but Irene refuses. Irene said she wanted to be independent with herself, besides she already had some saving from working as RV manager.

Yeri was against the idea of Irene leaving RV behind, throughout her coma state, RV had never hire a new manager to replace her. She said her farewell to SM and RV, Seulgi apologized again for causing her so much misery. Irene forgive Seulgi and she asked Seulgi to be more honest with her feelings and told her to chase after Joy while she can. Seulgi said that now Joy is engaged to Sungjae, there is no chance for her to be with Joy. Irene encourage Seulgi, she told Seulgi that Joy didn’t love Sungjae, she only agreed to be engaged to him because SM asked her to and it was for SM to raise their market share. 

Yeri was angry at Irene for leaving her alone, but Irene told her that she will always be there if she needed her. She promised that she will come and visit RV dorm once a while. Yeri cried when Irene left. Irene rent an apartment in the same block with Wendy, she hated herself that she acted like a stalker but she wanted to be close with Wendy.

 

Zimzalabim Café

“Welcome to Zim...oh Irene-ssi.”

“Good afternoon Seung...Wendy-ssi.” Irene greet back with a smile.

“You come here again today, the usual?” Wendy asked.

“Yes…” Irene nodded and Wendy gave her a smile before she goes back to make Irene’s favourite drink.

As usual Irene seated herself near the window seat, where in her dream, the seat that she sat when Wendy rescue her in the rain.

“Here you go.”

“Thanks.”

“I’ve seen you come to my café everyday now for a month Irene-ssi...don’t you have to work?” asked Wendy because she got worried over Irene. 

“I ugh...I don’t have a job. I quit being RV manager.” 

“Oh, why? RV is the nicest girl group, why did you resign?”

“A lot happened Wendy, Seulgi left me is one of the reasons, the other reason is, they can survive without me for a year, of course they can survive without me forever.” said Irene while slurping on her bubble tea.

“Hmmm...well yeah, Seulgi came out as gay last year, and said something about dating her manager, so it was you.”

“Wendy...I know I may sound weird last time but...all those dreams, they felt so real.” Irene begins to explain her dream to Wendy, and Wendy listen to Irebe attentive but once in awhile she widened her eyes at the description of the dream that Irene described.

“Well...I didn’t say I don’t believe, it just that it’s all sound absurd, if you want to say that it’s a sign from the future, then I guess the future messed up, because clearly, my sister and parents are still alive, so is Henry.” said Wendy with a soft smile.

“I don’t know what is reality and dream anymore Wendy, everything is so messed up, but I’m happy I’m happy that your family members are still alive and Henry is still alive and your café is striving. Even this mean that I am no longer needed, I will go. Well excuse me.” Irene was ready to leave but Wendy stops her by grabbing her on the wrist.

“Stay, I don’t want you to go.” said Wendy “Since you are not working right now, do you want to work with me?” 

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, ah well...if you don’t mind, I kinda need assistance to help me with Ryujin and my daughter.” said Wendy.

“Your...your daughter?” stammered Irene.

“Yeah...I guess whatever happened in your dream was too far off from reality huh.”

“Is she your adoptive daughter?” asked Irene in disbelieve tone.

“Well Ryujin is my adoptive daughter, Iris is my biological daughter.” said Wendy.

At the moment Irene can feel her heart stopped at the moment “Iris…” she said softly, it was the name that they gave to their daughter in the last part of her dream that she didn’t tell Wendy about. She only told Wendy until the part where Wendy died and she didn’t want to continue to tell her the story.

“You name her Iris?”

“Yes, it’s almost time to pick her up from the nursery, do you want to come with me?” 

 

To be Continued…

A/N: So everything is different from Irene’s dream, what will happen next? Wendy had a biological daughter?! Just a short one first, still drafting the next few chapters!