Chapter 45: Wendy Returns (Not Finale Yet)

When The Flower Blooms

Red Velvet Concert

Irene and the Itzy girls except for Yeji because she had a schedule with her group in Japan arrive at the concert venue. Since Yeri gave them VVIP tickets, they were granted access to backstage. Chearyoung was excited to be able to see her idols again, she wears her reveluv tshirt and bring along her light stick with her. She almost fainted when she saw Seulgi in her custom getting ready to get on stage.

“Unnie, you need to get a hold of yourself, beside, Seulgi unnie is already belong to Joy unnie.” Yuna explained.

“I know that…” replied Chaeryoung sadly. She shipped the two together ever since RV debuted but somehow she is a little bit sad that now she had to stop fantasizing about Seulgi because Seulgi is officially belong to Joy.

“Hey~ unnie~” Ryujin greeted Yeri, the duo exchange hugs. Their relationship had improved a lot since Wendy’s death. Yeri put on hold her idol career and be there for both Irene and Ryujin mentally and physically. Initially she was going to give up on being an idol and continue to help Irene with Zimzalabim Café, it was Ryujin that pushed Yeri to resume her idol career. Ryujin told her that she is not that weak until Yeri had to leave her job for her and Irene’s sake. Ryujin told Yeri to follow her dream and not let they stop her. Yeri resume her career and she agreed to Joy’s idea of reforming RV again.

“Where is that person that you told me about?” whispered Ryujin to Yeri.

“She’s not here yet, but she should be when the concert started, I purposely arranged her to seat next to you girls, so watch out for her.” Yeri whispered back.

The duo exchange nods and Ryujin turns to the other girls. Irene was chit chatting with Joy and Seulgi, she congratulate them for their Psycho success. 

“Mom, they are starting, we should go to out seat now.” said Ryujin to Irene and they wave goodbye to the RV members before Ryujin drags all of them out from the back stage.

Joy goes to Yeri after Irene and the girls are gone “Did you tell Ryujin about our plan?” she asked.

“I did, she knows what she has to do. Don’t worry about it, let’s worry about our performance tonight!”

 

At the VIP audience seat

Chaeryoung, Yuna and Ryujin were busy taking pictures when Irene excuses herself to the toilet. Lia asked if Irene need someone to accompany her, Irene politely declined and said that she can go alone. Ryujin who heard Irene and Lia’s conversation, insisted that she follows Irene but Irene asked Ryujin to just be there with her friends and Ryujin was defeated by Irene’s glare.

Irene make way to the toilet, she saw a bunch of male fans blocking the way to the toilet. Irene tried to make her way through but one of the male fans accidentally bump into her. She falls on her bum, she hisses but the male fan didn’t even heard her. She get up herself and once again try to push her way through the crowd but one of the male fans act aggressively toward her.

“Hey pretty lady, where are you going? Are you lost? You can join oppa here.” said the male fan.

Irene was disgusted by the fan, she tried to push her way through again, but the male fan grabbed her by the wrist “Hey, don’t be rude, I’m talking to you.” he hissed.

Irene tried to wriggled her wrist from the fan but his grip got tightened and Irene winced in pain.

“Excuse me sir, I believe she is bothered by your action, please release her at once.” a female voice can be heard to be asking the guy to let go of Irene.

Irene turns to the voice’s owner and her eyes widened, if it wasn’t for the pain on her wrist she would thought she is dreaming. “Seungwan.” said her softly in between her gasp.

“What are you going to do if I don’t want to let her go?” taunted the male fan.

“I’ve already informed the security and if you want to watch your precious idol performing, release her this instance and I will pretend that this never happen.”

The male fans hissed and he let Irene go, he joins his friends and went to their seats. Irene rubs her sore wrist.

“You’re okay?” the short blonde haired girl asked as she attend to Irene’s reddened wrist. The girl’s touch send shivers down Irene’s spine, she flinched a little at her touch “Hey, I’m not going to hurt you.” said the girl softly and she looks into Irene’s eyes, smiling.

“Seungwanie?” she called out to the girl, she looks a lot like Wendy and it is making Irene teary.

“And I believe you are Joohyun?” replied the girl.

“Seungwanie...is it...is it really you?”

“I…” the girl was about to reply Irene when her friend came for her.

“Wendy there you are! I thought you were lost you know?!” 

“Amber…”

“Oh, I see you’ve found her.” the girl called Amber said when she saw Irene.

“Wendy...did she just call you Wendy?” Irene asked with a shaky voice.

“I…” and once again the girl got cut while trying to answer Irene’s question, this time it was Ryujin, she was worried about her mother that she followed her.

“Mom! Mom! There you are I was worried that you can’t find your way…” Ryujin stopped when she saw the blonde haired girl “...mom?” Ryujin looks confused, she frowns at the girl.

“Ryujin! The concert is starting! You gotta get back...AAH!! GHOST!!!” Yuna screams when she saw the blonde girl standing next to Irene. Yuna fainted, Ryujin quickly catch her before she falls to the ground.

Irene’s hand trembles but she tries her best to control it, she touches the girl’s face “Are you Seungwanie?” asked Irene in tears.

“Yes.” she replied while holding to Irene’s hand.

Irene’s couldn’t hold her tears, she let it out, she cries her heart out and hugs Wendy, the loves that she thought she had lost forever. “I miss you Wendy I miss you so much!” cried Irene into the crook of Wendy’s neck. Wendy just stood there awkwardly, she didn’t move an inch, she just let Irene hugs her silently.

“But...how…if… if you are really her, why didn’t you come back to us?! For 2 years mom, for 2 years we thought you were dead! For 2 years Irene mom cried for you! For 2 ing years!” Ryujin is angry, she is angry, happy and sad at the same time. She couldn’t control her feelings anymore, after suppressing it for 2 years, she finally let it all out.

“Woah woah, language young lady! I can explain everything to you…” Amber barricade herself between the raging Ryujin and the scared Wendy.

“But before that, let’s enjoy RV concert first okay?” 

Ryujin didn’t say anything, she carried Yuna on her back and go back to their seat, she turned back to look at her mom “Mom let’s go.” said Ryujin to Irene with a very stern tone. Irene knows that her daughter is mad, she wanted to stay behind with Wendy but she doesn't want to upset Ryujin so she quietly follows Ryujin from behind. She keeps on turning back to look at Wendy, afraid that Wendy will disappear again, but she still stood there, smiling at her watching as she goes back to her seat.

Wendy was mesmerized by Irene’s beauty as she watched the woman walking farther and farther away from her. She smiles sheepishly thinking about Irene’s little hand touching her face earlier. Her hands traces the warm that still linger on her cheek.

“Wow...I can’t believe your daughter can be so rude…” said Amber to Wendy.

“Who wouldn’t…I’ve been gone for 2 years.” said Wendy calmly, she pats Amber on the back and tells her “Let’s go Ailee, let’s go to our seat.”

***

“Did you heard what she said Ryujin? She’s Wendy! Wendy is still alive after all!”

“Mom! Stop it! If she is still alive why didn’t she comes back to us?! Then why her name appear in the victim list?!”

“Ryujin, don’t you feel happy to be able to see her again?” said Irene in a cracked voice.

“No, I am angry!” Ryujin puffed and she crossed her arms and turned her head to the stage.

“What happened?” Lia asked as she attend to the fainted Yuna.

“Nothing.” replied Ryujin.

“Oh, here’s our seat.” said a familiar voice “We meet again Ryujin-ssi, Irene-ssi.”

Ryujin’s eyes widened when she saw Wendy and Amber seating next to Irene, and then she remembered what Yeri told her “I purposely arranged her to seat next to you girls, so watch out for her.”

“You’re the person that Yeri told me about?!” said Ryujin in a surprised tone and she stood up.

“Well, it’s not me, it’s Wendy.” Amber pointed at Wendy.

“Yeri knew that you are still alive?!”

Lia and Chaeryoung look to their left and saw Wendy among the crowd and they got goosebump “Ghost?!” both said in unison.

“We will talk after the concert okay?!” Amber tried to calm them down and at the exact same moment, the light dimmed and the music starts to play.

Amber sat between Irene and Wendy, but it didn’t stop Irene from take a glimpse of Wendy. She couldn’t believe that Wendy is still alive, and she touched her face before it was real. The face, the smile, the eyes, the nose, the lips and the voice, it’s no mistake that she is the real Wendy. Irene blushed when Wendy caught her staring, she smiles at Irene and Irene looked away immediately. Irene’s heart was beating fast, it’s almost feels like she had fallen all over again for Wendy.

There’s a lot of questions that Irene wanted to ask, but all of that don’t matter anymore. She fidgeted when she sense that Wendy is looking at her as well. She couldn’t focus on the performance, because she is busy controlling her heartbeat. She senses some shifting happened next to her, she slightly turned and saw that Wendy had change her seat with Ailee.

“Hey…” 

“...Hey…”

“You know there’s a lot of things that I want to ask you…and I prefer that we talk to each other alone...without all these people. Do you think you can ditch this concert and come with me to a more secluded place?”

Irene looks over to Ryujin and sees that Ryujin is enjoying herself, she turns back to Wendy and she nods. Both of them get up from their seats, Wendy whispers something to Amber and Ailee nodded. Wendy leads Irene to the exit and they went to a nearby café.

The two were silent, they didn’t exchange any words. When the waitress come with their water, it was Wendy that start the conversation “Don’t you want to ask anything?”

“There’s a lot in my mind right now, but what’s important is that you’re still alive.” said Irene.

“I will be honest with you Irene-ssi… I… I don’t remember who you are, I don’t remember any of you, but this…” Wendy pauses and hand Irene a notebook and an old Iphone “Everyday, for 2 years, I read and read this journal and watch the video over and over again, trying to remember everything...but I can’t…” said Wendy.

Irene takes the book and flip through it, it was indeed Wendy’s journal that she wrote because she is afraid that she will lose her memories, and then she took the phone and play the videos inside, she is getting teary.

“When I woke up from my surgery 2 years ago, I lost all of my memories, I can’t even remember who I am. This book and this phone are the only thing that I have when I woke up. When I read through every page and watch all the videos, there’s this unknown feeling that I feel, I tried to find you throughout whole Canada but I can’t...that was until RV came to town and I went to meet them, their reactions were just like your friend earlier, they shouted ghost and fainted. Yeri told me everything about you, and about us, I wanted to meet you so bad and I don’t want to suddenly appear in your life like that, so I asked Yeri to help me out.”

A flashback replay in Irene’s mind, Yeri did asked her to meet with someone a few months back but she kept on rejecting because she couldn’t move on from Wendy.

“How...what about that explosion, your name was on the list, you were pronounced dead...how did…”

“I...I don’t know either Irene-ssi...I don’t remember…”

“Tell me Wendy...what do you want from me?”

“I want to have my life back...I...I want to be who I’m supposed to be...for 2 years I am lost. I don’t know who I am, where I was, the only people I know is Ailee. I sound so happy in the videos, and I look so happy in all the pictures in the phone...I want to learn how to fall in love with you again...Irene-ssi…”

Irene’s heart fluttered when she heard Wendy’s explanation.

“I’ve fallen in love with you through the old Wendy’s memories that was written in this book. That’s why I begged Yeri to bring me to you, so I can explain to you. I don’t know if you can love me back, because I am Wendy Son Seungwan but I’m not her from the past...I…”

Irene shushes Wendy with a kiss, Wendy was surprised by the sudden kiss, but she let it happen. She doesn’t even try to push Irene away, the feeling was mutual, but she doesn’t know if Irene can love the new her.

When Wendy woke up from her coma and Amber gave her her phone, she was mesmerized by Irene’s beauty on her home screen. She didn’t have any recollection of Irene but her heart remembered the love she had for Irene. It was her proposal video that lead her to RV, the moment Wendy showed Seulgi the video, Seulgi was 100% confirmed that she is the real Wendy, and Wendy didn’t die in the plane explosion.

Irene broke the kiss and stare longingly into Wendy’s eyes “I love you, the past you, the present you and the future you. I will love you unconditionally.”

“Wow…”

“I love you so much Wendy...you don’t know how much I’ve suffered, how much Ryujin have suffered when we lost you…” said Irene in tears.

“...You’re not going to lose me again...I am here to stay,” said Wendy and she leans in for a kiss. Irene gladly accept the lips that she missed so much.

 

Red Velvet Concert

The concert ended with an encore stage and once it was finished, Amber brought the girls to the backstage to explain everything to them.

“So you mean Wendy didn’t died in the plane explosion?”

“Yep.”

“But how?” everyone asked in unison.

“Well…”

 

To be Continued….

A/N: Yes! Wendy is still alive~ I won’t kill her off, because Wenrene FTW~ Though I said I will end it in this chapter but I’m going to extend one more chapter to explain what really happened to Wendy that day.