Chapter 37.2 Suzy The Successor

When The Flower Blooms

Seoul

After they had breakfast with Rosé’s sister and Jenlisa, Jisoo said she needs to stop by SM entertainment a while before heading to her office. Rosé was tagged along with her because the tall girl said she wanted to spend the whole day with Jisoo and Jisoo don’t mind it.

“But unnie…what are we doing at SM entertainment? Thought SM is your rival?”

“Oh yes it is, but I have to meet with Joy.”

“Joy?”

“I’ll tell you the whole story once I get this thing settle okay?”

“Oh…”

“Hi, I’m Kim Jisoo, YG Entertainment CEO, I’m here to see Joy Park Sooyoung.” Jisoo told the guards and she shows her ID to the guards.

“May I know for what reason?”

“For collaboration proposal between SM and YG, I am interested in collaborating with Miss Joy.” Jisoo lied.

The guards pointed at Rosé “What about her?”

“She’s my PA.”

“Okay, here’s your entry passes, make sure to wear it all the time.”

“Alrighty.”

Jisoo and Rosé enter the building and went straight to the recording booth while waiting for SM management people to call for Joy.

Rosé was at awe at the place it is big “Wow this is the first time I ever enter an entertainment company.”

“But you have been to YG before…” Jisoo fakes a gasp.

“YG and SM is too different one is like a wonderland another one looks like I’ve just enter the gate of hell…”

“I like it dark there. SM is too bright…” 

Jisoo and Rosé attention turns to the knock on the door, Joy walks in and a little surprise to see both of them there.

“Chaeyoung ah, when did you get back?”

“Oh last night!” Rosé replies her ex-best friend. They used to be best friend in high school but everything changes when Joy broke up with Wendy.

“I heard you wanted to collaborate with me Miss Jisoo?” Joy sits down and faces Jisoo.

“Ah yes, you see we have an event coming up next, I’m debuting a new artist and I thought about having a collaboration with you.”

“Do you have the proposal? I need to let my manager go through it first before I agree to anything.” 

“I haven’t prepare it yet, but if you are interested we will talk through it this Saturday at Zimzalabim Café, I’ll bring my new artist and I’ll bring our marketing and management team to talk through the proposal and the contract, how about it?”

“Zimzalabim café? I thought Wendy unnie closed her café for the meantime?”

“Ah yes, but she is planning to reopen. This Saturday she will reopen it so I was thinking we can meet there, beside I like her coffee.”

Joy thinks for a moment “I think should be no problem…I’ll you then. I don’t have any schedule for that day.”

“Good, I’ll text your manager all about the details. See you on Saturday!” 

Jisoo and Rosé bow to Joy and they left the room, leaving Joy alone in the room. Joy takes out her phone and texts her manager regarding the meeting. She closes the messenger apps and stare at her phone wallpaper. It was a photo of her with Seulgi and Yeri. She misses them, though she tries to avoid Seulgi until she figure out her feeling. Yeri however is avoiding her, and she knows the young girl is still mad at them so she just want to give her some time to heal.

She doesn’t have any schedule so she decided to read all the unread message that Seulgi sent her. Some of the messages make her laugh, some of it make her sad and angry. 

“When did I start to fall for you?” Joy asked herself.

 

Source Music Entertainment

“Yah! Hwang Eunbi!” Sowon voice can be heard echoing in the whole building.

“Unnie catch me if you can~” Sinb teased the leader. Sowon runs after Sinb and she accidentally bumped to someone.

“Unnie?” Sinb greets the person “Seulgi unnie!”

“OMG I am so sorry Seulgi sunbae!” Sowon apologized.

“No no, it’s okay, it’s dangerous for you girls to be running around like this…” Seulgi told them.

“What are you doing here unnie?” Sinb asked, while helping Sowon to get up from the floor.

“Uh I came to see Yerin. Is she around?”

“Ah…yes, she is, come on I’ll bring you to her.” Sowon offers to leads Seulgi to Yerin.

They entered the dance practice room, Yerin was playing with Umji and Eunha, while Yuju was busy dancing at the background.

“What a weird group…” Seulgi thought to herself.

“Yerin-ah, Seulgi sunbaenim is here to see you.”

“Seulgi sunbaenim?”

“Hi” Seulgi greets

“Oh! Hello Sunbaenim!” Yerin bows to Seulgi.

“I’m not an idol anymore you don’t have to be so formal with me…I’m here to ask for your help.”

“The Kang Seulgi is asking for Gfriend’s Yerin help?” Yuju and Eunha gasped in unison.

“Ehehe, I’m not that worth of a hype.” Seulgi sheepishly smiles at the girls “Anyway Yerin, can we talk for a second?”

“Sure…let me guess, is this about Joy?”

“Y…es…”

“Then you have to talk in front of all these girls because they know about everything…”

“Who told them?” Seulgi raised an eyebrow.

“Me…I accidentally spoilt it to them.” Yerin cries apologetically.

Seulgi looks at Yerin blankly, then she sighs “It’s fine, then I’ll get all of you involve…”

 

Myeongdong Nanta Theater

Wendy shed tears while watching the musical play that Yeri stars in. The play was about lovers that had to endure a lot of obstacle to be together but in the end they still couldn’t be together when the man sacrifice himself so that the girl can be alive.

“It’s just a play Seungwan ah…” Irene tries to calm the sobbing Wendy.

“But it was so sad! Why did the guy have to lie to the girl and then he died just so he can donate his heart for her?”

“But Seungwan ah…if we’re in that situation I think I will do the same thing also…”

“What?! No! You cannot do that, I don’t want you to die for me…” Wendy protested.

“Well at least, my heart live in you…”

There was silence between them, Wendy knows that Irene meant what she said. Wendy suddenly held Irene’s hand which causes the older girl to be a little bit surprise because it was always her that initiate skin contact and not Wendy.

“Seungwan?”

“I don’t want to lose you…so please don’t say anything like that…” Wendy pouted and there are tears in her eyes.

Irene felt bad, she touches Wendy’s face and stare at her longingly “I won’t okay? Now let’s go greet Yeri at the backstage.”

The two of them went to the backstage to greet the production members and look for Yeri. Wendy saw Yeri among the crowds, she waves at her and Yeri happily hops to them “Unnie! You two came to see my show?” she greets the two girls.

“That was amazing Yeri-ah, you really are amazing, you should have seen Wendy cried at the part where your character break up with that guy.” Irene said.

“The play is so sad…” Wendy voice cracked a little “But you were so good in it…” 

“Glad you two enjoy it. I’m going to have lunch with the others, do you want to join?” Yeri invites.

“Ah no thanks, you go and enjoy yourself, we got a date together…” Wendy politely rejects.

“Oh okay~ enjoy your sweet date~” Yeri cheers on them.

Wendy and Irene blushed, they wave good bye to Yeri and proceed to exit the theater and go to the nearby restaurant to eat.

 

Jennie’s Boutique

“Hi Nini!” Lisa greeted her girlfriend.

“Hey Lili, finished your class?”

“Yup, wanna go for lunch together?” Lisa asked as she props herself on the couch.

“Ugh, I’m still have a lot of work over here…” Jennie scrunches her face over the mountain of paperwork on her desk.

“Hmmm, how about I go take out some food for you? Is that okay?” Lisa offers.

“Hmm…I want to eat some burger.”

“Alright, I’ll go buy us some burger! I’ll be back in 10 minutes!” Lisa grabs her helmet and exited the boutique.

Jennie grins happily as she watches her lover walk out, then her face turn serious and focus back on her paperwork. She massages her temple upon seeing the numbers in her excel that she seems can’t tally.

 

McDonald

Lisa was queuing up to buy hers and Jennie’s lunch and someone tapped her on the shoulder, she turns and smiles at the latter “MOMO!”

“How you’ve been?” Momo asked her and they do their secret handshake.

“Great~ Graduation is coming soon, I’m getting nervous because I’m going to perform during the graduation.” Momo replied.

“Ah geez, wish I could see you perform, I missed dancing with you.” 

“Me too. We should get together one day and have a dance off just between us!” Momo suggested.

“Great idea!”

“Momoring~” Mina called for her girlfriend “Oh hi Lisa!”

“Hi Minari…Surprisingly to see you’re here with Momo…”

“She’s my girlfriend Lisa-yah, what is so surprising seeing us together?” Momo defended her girlfriend.

“I’m not surprise that you two are together, I’m just surprise that she comes here to eat junk food with you. I thought Mina is the healthy type.” Lisa retaliates.

Mina laughs at Lisa and Momo bantering, she steps in between them and stop them “That’s enough that’s enough. I can’t control Momo’s stomach, so I’ll just let her eat what she wants.” Mina said.

“Are you having your meal here?” Momo asked Lisa.

“Nah, I’ll just take out, Jennie is waiting at her boutique. Hey, how about you two join us? We can catch up.” Lisa suggested.

“We don’t want to cause any trouble…” Mina tries to reject.

“Nah, it’ll be okay, you two never been to Jennie’s boutique before right?” Lisa insisted them to come with her.

“Your girlfriend owns a boutique?” Momo asked with her eyes widen.

“Yeah, her mom owned one of the biggest entertainment company, her dad owned the one of the popular hospital in this town.” Lisa was feeling proud while bragging about her girlfriend.

“Okay sure.” Momo and Mina agreed.

 

Sunny Restaurant

Irene and Wendy finished their lunch and decided to go for a walk. Wendy asked if they can go to a baby store.

“Eh? Why?”

“Sunny, she is going to give birth soon, I was thinking if we could buy a few baby stuff for her baby…” Wendy replied.

Irene can see the sadness in Wendy’s eyes she gently squeeze Wendy’s arm to show her support. “Sure, let’s go check on baby stuff.”

The guilt is still there, Irene sees it in Wendy’s eyes, Irene tries to cheer her up by acting cute in front of Wendy. Wendy squirms at Irene’s attempt of acting cute and Irene got flustered at her reaction and gave her a slap on the . They both laughs at each other and they walk hand in hand to the baby store.

“Hello, welcome to Baby wonder world, how can I help you?” the shop assistant approached them.

“Ugh hi, I’m looking for a gift…for baby.”

The shop assistant saw that Irene and Wendy were holding hands and he gives them a mocking smile “Are you two planning to adopt a child together?” 

Irene was a little surprised by the shop assistant’s remark, she wanted to let go of Wendy’s hand but Wendy tighten her grips.

“No it was for a friend.”

“Oh…umm, sorry I thought you two are…”

“A lesbian couple?” Wendy completes the sentence “What if we are?” Wendy asked back.

The shop assistant was a little intimidated by Wendy, he backs off and left Wendy and Irene alone to browse the items in the store.

 Irene sighs, she gently pull Wendy’s arm “Wendy…it’s okay.”

“No! it’s not okay! He clearly shows it on his face that he is disgusted with us…” Wendy fires.

“Seungwan. Stop it.”

“Why can’t people be more accepting?” Wendy sighed.

“I know it’s hard but one day our love will win…”

“Yeah…”

They quickly choose some clothes for the baby and since they didn’t know the gender yet, they just choose the one that can be wear by both gender. Wendy even bought baby stroller and car seat for the baby. They quickly pay for the stuffs and exited the shop, to avoid any unnecessarily attention.

They decided to drop by at Henry’s place to give Sunny a visit. Wendy pull over at the road side and they exited the car. Irene rings the bell and Sunny appear with her big belly.

“Unnie…” Wendy greets Sunny with a smile.

“Oh hi guys! Come in…” Sunny invites them in.

“I bought baby stuff…”

“You shouldn’t have to.” Sunny said.

“Ah no, I made a promise to myself that I will taken care of the baby welfare…so please don’t reject.”

Sunny smiles at Wendy and Irene’s earnest, she invites them in and help them to carry the stuff in as well.

“So when is the due date?” Wendy asked in excitement.

“There’s still a month to go Wendy ah. You are way more excited than my father in law.” Sunny joked.

Irene was looking around at the small abode. It was small but it is very cozy. Photos of Henry from very young age to his adult moments are hung around the house. Then upon the fire place, photos of Sunny and Henry stood there. Irene sees how happy the couple looked in the photo, her heart saddened at the fact that Henry is no longer with them. She silently prays for Henry’s soul.

“Unnie, the baby room is it ready yet?” Wendy asked while she roaming around the house to check on the condition. Sunny had been living alone, despite Mr. Lau asked her to stay back at Canada but she decided to come back and stay at Henry’s old apartment. She said most of her memories with Henry is in the house, so she wants to raise her child at a place where she share the most memories with the child’s father.

“Almost done…” Sunny tries to get up but her big belly restraint her from doing it easily.

“Unnie, don’t get up, you can just sit.” Wendy tries to stop Sunny from getting up.

“It’s okay Wendy, doctor told me to exercise more too…”

“Do you know the gender yet?” Irene asked.

Sunny shakes her head “I want it to be a surprise~” Sunny replies.

“Cool…”

“Do you want to touch my belly Irene?” Sunny suddenly asked.

“Eh?” Irene was a little surprise by the sudden invitation.

“Come on, give me your hand…” Sunny grabs Irene’s hand and slowly pulls it closer to her tummy and she gently press Irene’s hand on her belly. Instantly the baby kick from inside the womb. Both Irene and Sunny were amazed by it.

“Oh the baby kicks!!” Irene squealed.

Wendy was enjoying the moments, she takes out her phone and start recording video of the moment. She had been secretly recording videos and taking picture lately, so that she when she loses her memories she can watch the videos.

“Seungwan ah come and touch this!” Irene calls for Wendy, Wendy approaches them and she gently put her hand on Sunny’s belly without ending the recording. The moment she puts her hand on Sunny’s belly, the baby moves and it touches Wendy’s heart. She can’t help herself but to shed tears.

“Seungwanie?”

“I’m okay Irene…it’s just that it’s so beautiful…I promise you Sunny unnie that nothing will happen to you or this child.” Wendy cried even more.

Sunny smiles and she pats Wendy on the head “I know you will, so don’t feel bad about this.”

Wendy wipes her tears and she hugs Sunny tightly in her heart she said to herself ‘Henry, if you can’t be here for them I will…I promise I will…even if I lost my memories, I will come back for them.’

 

JYP High

Ryujin escapes the boring history class to her usual spot on the school rooftop. She inhale the cold air and lies down on her favourite bench that she made the school installed for her after she aces her exam and sports tournament. The cloud today is especially fluffy and Ryujin likes to spend her time day dreaming staring at the clouds. Her eyes were getting heavy, she slowly close her eyes and fall asleep until she feels someone poking her on the cheek. Ryujin was getting annoyed and she abruptly opens her eyes and she saw Lia looking down at her, their face were close. Ryujin panicked and she tries distance herself but she fell of the bench.

“Are you okay Ryujin ah?!”

“Geez Lia what are you doing here? I thought the seniors are preparing for their final exam and you’re going to sit for your CSAT soon aren’t you?”

“Yeah I know…but I got a little stress so I decided to come up here to relax and who knows I found you here.” Lia explained herself.

“But this is my secret spot…” Ryujin pouted.

“Learn to share will you? I know you are a Yakuza’s granddaughter, but it doesn’t mean that you owned everything.” Lia scolded Ryujin.

“I have nothing more…” Ryujin looks at Lia with a solemn looks in her eyes “I’ve lost everything during my trip to Japan.”

“Ryujin?”

“I didn’t tell Yeji yet but if she knows she’s going to get pissed.” Ryujin scoffed a little.

“Ryujin, what are you talking about?” Lia was confused.

“It’s nothing Lia, let’s drop this conversation. I’m heading back to class, or going somewhere else to take a nap. Good luck in your exam.” Ryujin wishes Lia.

“Ryujin…” Lia calls out.

“What?” Ryujin answered without even look back.

“I don’t want us to be awkward…” Lia softly said.

“I don’t want either…” Ryujin turns and gave Lia one last smile before she turns her back at Lia and exit the rooftop.

Lia only could watch Ryujin walks away from her. Her mind wander back to her old memories of Ryujin and her.

Flashback

“Ryujin wait! Ryujin ah!” Lia called for the pink hair girl, but Ryujin didn’t even look back. “Joanne Shin Ryujin!” Lia shouted.

Ryujin stops and she turned to face Lia with anger and tears “Why Lia…”

“I…I’m sorry Ryujin, but Yeji…I…” Lia was lost at words, she couldn’t explain herself to Ryujin

“You couldn’t choose between me and Yeji didn’t you?” Ryujin questioned Lia with tears in her eyes “You told me you like me, but you chose Yeji…”

“I never wanted to fall for both of you! I never wanted to make both of you to fall for me either. I don’t like it like this…I don’t like it that you’ve distant yourself away from us Ryujin ah…”

“Then what you wanted me to do?! Sit around and watch the person that I love being lovey with my best friend?! I love you Lia…and I love Yeji too, she is my best friend. All this while…I know that she loves you, but I thought our feelings are stronger and yo would choose me, but it seems like I was wrong.”

“Ryujin…”

“Please Lia, just let me calm myself down. We can’t never go back to like how we used to be. Since now you’ve chose Yeji…please treat her better. We have to stop whatever that is going on between us. I would appreciate it if you keep whatever happen between us as a secret from Yeji. I don’t want to hurt her.”

Ryujin kisses her fingers and then gently tapped her fingers on Lia’s lips “This is our goodbye.”

Lia only could watch Ryujin walks away. Both Ryujin and Yeji had fallen for Lia, so did Lia. Ryujin who felt that her friendship with Yeji is being affected, confronted Lia and asked Lia to chose between her and Yeji, Lia chose Yeji without second thought. Ryujin was hurt, she never known what love is, and Lia showed her but then Lia betrayed her. Ryujin also seen how much deep in love Yeji is with Lia, so she gave up her feeling for Lia for the sake of her friendship.

End of Flashback.

Ryujin was about to enter her class when she received a text from Irene who said that she and Wendy are on the way to pick her up from school. Ryujin smiles, she enters her class, gather all of stuff, stuff it into her backpack and then left. The class already ended, only left with extra classes which Ryujin think is too easy for her.

Ryujin texts the Itzy group to tell them that she will be heading home early.

Yuna - What?! I want to leave early too…this extra class is boring!

Chaeryoung - Yah! Shin Yuna focus on your class please!

Ryujin - Yuna, I thought you have to take supplementary class because your results are bad? Shouldn’t you be focusing on your class? Why are you replying to our text?

Yuna - because I’m bored duh!

Yeji - is typing

Yeji - is typing….

Ryujin - Yeddong ah…you’re typing for too long

Yeji - I got supplementary class too…with Lia!

Yeji sends a selfie photo she took with Lia and sent it to their chat group. Ryujin only could smile at her friend’s happiness. It still hurts to see both of them together but she is happy for them now.

Yuna - You call that studying? Clearly you two are flirting with each other instead of studying…

Chaeryoung - Unnie, your exam is coming soon, please be more focus.

Yeji - Yah! Why did I feel like I’m a victim here?

Lia - Don’t worry everyone I will make Yeji study hard and if she failed her exam, I made her promised that she will dance in front of the whole school.

Yuna - Oooh~ Nice~

Ryujin - Oh! I definitely want to see that! So Yeddong, good luck in failing!

Yeji - Yah~ shouldn’t you all be supportive of me? Why does it feels like everyone wanted me to fail

Lia - Hwaiting Hwang Yeddong~

Ryujin laughs at the text exchange, she heard a car honking at her and she turned to look and saw her ‘parents’ waving at her from inside the car. She waves back and hops to the car and she enters the car.

“Hey~ so was your day?” Irene asked Ryujin.

“Boring~”

“Boring?” Wendy raised an eyebrow “Student life should be exciting!”

“Unnie, I’ve learned all of those theories and stuff, and it’s repetitive, I’m getting a little bored with school…” Ryujin sighed.

“Try to join some club Ryujin ah…get socialize~”

“Hmmm, what can I say I’m good at everything, the school definitely means nothing to me.”

Irene and Wendy were disappointed by Ryujin less enthusiasm response.

“Ryujin ah…” Irene tries to get the pink hair reaction, Ryujin looks up from her phone to meet with Irene’s gaze.

“What do you want to be when you’re adult?” Irene asked

“I honestly don’t know. I never thought of my future before.” Ryujin replies nonchalantly.

Irene and Wendy sighed, they look at Ryujin like a pair of disappointed parents do “We need to have Parents and Child meeting later on this evening!” Irene said.

Ryujin had a earful lecturing from Wendy and Irene, she regrets that she decided to live with them. Wendy even tested her on her school stuff, and Wendy is amazed by Ryujin’s knowledge. She is indeed smart, but Irene reminds Ryujin that being smart doesn’t mean she can take thing easy at school. Yeri was enjoying Ryujin’s suffering. She had so much fun laughing at Ryujin getting her whooped by Irene and Wendy.

Saturday

Saturday came, and Wendy was getting nervous at the fact that she is going to serenade to Irene together with Seulgi. She hopes that her plan won’t backfires. What was she thinking when she thought about collaborating with Seulgi to serenade Irene and Joy? She left the house early and she told Irene to come over to the café on the afternoon at 2pm. Irene did question Wendy, but Wendy told her that she wanted to surprise her.

Wendy reached the café and saw that Seulgi is already waiting for her outside of the café. The weather is getting colder, so Seulgi was hugging herself to warm herself.

“Yah, Son Wendy, I thought you said meet at 9! It’s already 10 now!” Seulgi scolded her.

“Sorry, traffic and kids…” Wendy apologizes “Where are the others?”

“They went to somewhere nearby to have breakfast.”

“Why didn’t you go with them?” Wendy rolls her eyes and open the café entrance. Seulgi quickly get in and turn on the heater to warm herself.

“Because I’m afraid I’ll get too nervous and vomit later so I decided to not have anything…”

“You’ll harm your stomach like that.” Wendy tells Seulgi as she put down her guitar by the mini stage that Jisoo and Seulgi had set up.

“Can we, ugh practice first?” Seulgi asked, Wendy could hear the nervousness in her voice. 

Wendy her guitar bag and pull out her guitar, she tunes her guitar, and she begins strumming. "You memorize the lyrics?”

“Yep…”

“Okay…in one two three…” Wendy strums her guitar, and she starts to hum.

Seulgi starts to sing her part

“Every time I can, I think of you, you keep growing in my mind, I’m smiling because of you, all day I can only see you.”

The two of them harmonize “oh oh oh eh oh you can sing for my life”

Then Wendy sings “You keep flicketing before my eyes, when I see you, my heart starts pounding. Confessions that I can’t tell you keep building up. What do I do? I’m still so bad at this, but I want to tell you how I feel.”

Seulgi sings “I think my heart is broken, I feel like I have the whole world. Should I carefully have courage and confess? Hey I love you.”

“Not bad Kang Seulgi.” Wendy give Seulgi a thumbs up.

“You too Wendy, I didn’t expect you to be able to sing so well.” Seulgi compliments Wendy. She was really surprise when she heard Wendy’s voice.

The café door opens and JenChuLiChaeng walks in follow by a few of Gfriend members.

“Chaeyoungie!” Wendy was happy to see her best friend is back in town, she puts down her guitar and runs to Rosé to give her a hug. “When did you get back?” she asked.

“Yesterday!”

Wendy notices that Gfriend is also here, she is confused so she turns to Seulgi. Seulgi sighs and she walks toward Wendy “I can explain.” She said and she told Wendy the whole story. Wendy mentally face palm herself and she sighs “Well this was supposed to be a small party but since all of the Gfriend is here, I can’t possibly kick them out. Beside Ryujin likes them.” Wendy said to herself.

Wendy properly greets Gfriend and she finds that the girls are quite charming but they were giants if she stand next to them. Sowon asked Wendy if they can be any help to her. Wendy didn’t want to burden them, but then Sowon insisted to help. Wendy thinks for a moment and then she thinks of an idea that could be an advantage for her and Seulgi. She gathers the Gfriend around and then calls for Seulgi. She whispers something to Seulgi and Seulgi agrees without hesitation.

 

Osaka Airport

Suzy and Haruna passed the immigration and get their passport stamp. Suzy was feeling nervous the whole morning. Haruna make sure that she is okay by keeping Suzy near to her. She never let go of Suzy’s hand.

“Neechan…”

“Hmm?”

“What if my grandfather won’t accept me?”

“He will Suzy ah.”

“My father was banned from the palace…I doubt the king will accept me, I’m the result of my father’s betrayal.”

“No Suzy, you are the result of your father and your mother love. You are the sweetest and nicer little sister that I ever had, you show your kindness even to those people who don’t deserve your kindness. You are patient with me, despite that I’m getting weaker day by day, and most importantly, you have a good heart.”

The two sisters went silent after that, both stares at the blue sky, watching plane fly in and out. Haruna breaks the silent “I think you really should text your cousin or that Wendy girl.”

“I’ll give them a call when we reach there.”

“Alright…alright, do you want to sleep?” Haruna took out a small pillow and put it on her shoulder “Here, put your head on my shoulder.”

Suzy shakes her head and takes the small pillow from Haruna’s shoulder and put it on her shoulder “Neechan, you should get more rest.”

Haruna put her head on Suzy’s shoulder, her eyes slowly closing. Suzy hums a lullaby for her sister and Haruna falls asleep within seconds. Suzy gently lays her head on Haruna’s head and she falls asleep too.

Zimzalabim Café 

Irene arrives at the café together with Yeri and Ryujin “Why is the café so dark?” Irene complains.

“Unnie?” 

Irene turns and saw Joy looking all confuse at her “Joy? What are you doing here?”

“Jisoo asked me to come here for a meeting, regarding collaboration contract…but it seems like the café is still close.” 

Irene begins to feel suspicious of Wendy’s plan, she turns to the innocent Ryujin and asked her if she knew about Wendy’s plan. Ryujin was hurt that Irene suspected her, she shrugged and told her that she doesn’t know anything.

“Unnie?” Joy calls for Irene.

“Let’s go in, I don’t know what Wendy is planning.” Irene said.

“Wait? Wendy?”

“Yes, she asked me to be here at 2, and you’re here too, so I think Jisoo is involve with whatever Wendy is planning to do!” Irene is mad, she is mad that Wendy didn’t tell her anything. 

She marches in the café and almost had heart attack when the party poppers pop. Joy jumped too, Yeri caught her in time because she almost trip and fall.

“Surprise!” Gfriend and the girls greet them.

Wendy signals Jisoo to play the instruments and Jisoo click on play. Both Wendy and Seulgi nervously look at Irene and Joy. Joy and Seulgi were frowning at the 94 liners. Yeri quickly pulls Ryujin to the side to give way to them. Ryujin took out her phone and starts to record video of the moment.

Seulgi 

Teumman namyeon saenggakna

Jakkujakku keojyeoman ga

Neo ttaemune utge dwae

Onjongil neoman boyeo

 

Wendy

Amureohji anheun cheok

Naega meonjeo dagagalka

Ni gwitgae soksagyo

I’m waiting for you

 

Seulgi

Jakku nune areungeoryeo

Neoman bomyeon dugeungeoryeo

Mal mothaneun gobaekdeulman ssahyeoga

 

Wendy

Etteokhajyo na ajik neomu seotnunde

I maemeul jeonhago sipeo

 

Seulgi

Nae simjangi da gojangnatna bwa

Sesangeul da gajin sibuni deuneungeol

 

Wendy

Josimseure yongginae gobaekhaebokka

Na itjanha neol saranghae…

 

Gfriend is dancing at the back to the song. Seulgi and Wendy come out with the choreography. Yerin was holding a bouquet of flower and she passes it to Seulgi, Seulgi made her way to Joy and kneels in front of her.

“Joy, will you be my girlfriend?” Seulgi proposed.

Irene stood there awkwardly while watching her ex proposing. Joy is flustered, her whole face was red. Yerin and the rest of Gfriend are cheering for them.

“Come on Joy ah.” Yerin cheers for her best friend “Seulgi did all this for you, you know?”

Seulgi saw that Joy isn’t moving, she gets nervous, she is afraid that Joy might reject her“I know this is sudden, but when we kissed last time, I know you felt it too…the electricity and the sparks…I…I want to be more honest with my feelings…the one that I really love is you. This…surprise, this song that I sang for you, I wouldn’t be able to pull if off without Wendy’s help…”

Joy turns to Wendy, Irene saw it and she goes to Wendy and being the possessive girlfriend she is. Joy quickly turns back to Seulgi who is still on her knee “Seulgi…I…” Joy feels the pressure from all s that are on them. She took a deep breath and hesitantly nod in agreement.

Seulgi grins happily, she got up from her knee and hugs Joy, thanking her for giving her a chance. Joy hugs back, she felt awkward because everyone had their eyes on them. She rejected Seulgi’s kiss out of shyness from all the eyes that staring at them. Seulgi was a little sad but soon she smiles from ear to ear when Joy gives a quick peck.

Irene was a little bitter seeing that Seulgi went for such extent to get Joy’s love but she never shows any effort when they used to date back then. Wendy notices the bitterness in Irene’s expression. She smirks and she signals to Rosé, and Rosé start to strums her guitar, Wendy start singing while staring at Irene longingly.

Irene is swooned by Wendy’s voice and Wendy’s gaze. Wendy pulls Irene on her waist and their body collided, Irene can feels Wendy’s warm body against her. Irene is surprise by Wendy’s boldness. Wendy spins Irene around and then she starts to slow dance with her while serenading her with the song that she wrote specially for Irene.

Seems like we've been here before
Your eyes are seeing straight right through my core
It's kinda strange, but I like it
Ain't no reason tryna' fight it, yeah

Wendy pulls Irene closers, her hand holds Irene firmly on Irene’s waist and she whispers in her ears

Might be Déjà vu
First time we met, but I remembered you
We were creepin' in the night time
Maybe in another lifetime

She backs away a little so that she could stare into Irene’s beautiful brown eyes. They exchanges look and Wendy continues to serenade Irene. The other girls were swoon by Wendy’s smooth move on Irene.

Don't tell me you don't feel what I feel right now
Ooh, it's written all over you
Don't tell me you don't feel what I feel somehow
Ooh, I keep findin' my way back to you

Wendy points to Rosé takes over the singing and Wendy spins Irene around, then she gets on her knee. She pulls out a ring from her pocket. Everyone gasped at the scene include Rosé who was busy singing the song.

You can go anywhere, babe, wherever you want
Because I know we're written in the stars
You can go any which way, don't matter how far
Because I know we're written in the stars

“I told you that I will give you a proper proposal didn’t I?” Wendy looks up to the surprised Irene.

Yeri and Ryujin couldn’t stop but to get embarrassed by their ‘parents’ but they couldn’t stop themselves from grinning from ear to ear. Seulgi was dumbfounded, she thought the star of the show is her but it turn out to be Wendy, but she is not complaining.

“Irene Bae Joohyun, will you marry me?”

“Wow! A real proposal!” Sinb said excitedly and Sowon quickly covers the girls’s mouth from ruining the moment.

Jennie was tearing upon seeing the scene, she is weak against romantic stuff, Lisa stood there and smiles awkwardly at her girlfriend. In her heart she prays that Jennie won’t ask her to pull such surprise to propose to her. Jisoo is smirking to herself at the side, she knew that this is coming.

Irene eagerly agrees to Wendy proposal and everyone clap to congrats them. Wendy gets up on her feet and she put the ring on Irene’s finger. They share a passionate kiss, and received applaud from the girls. Yeri however had Ryujin’s eyes cover and the younger girls was not having it and they both bicker.

Their happy moment were interrupted by Alice who came late to the party “Sorry I’m late!” Alice announced.

“About time Alice! Did you bring the document with you?” Wendy asked.

“What document Seungwan?”

Wendy didn’t answers and she awaits for Alice to fish out the documents from her bag.

“Here you go.” Alice hands Wendy the documents. Wendy takes it and approaches Ryujin. Ryujin panicked for a moment when Wendy hands her the envelope.

“You’re not making me go to boarding school right?” Ryujin asked in panic because Wendy did said that if Ryujin didn’t change her attitude she will move Ryujin to a boarding school last night.

“No…” Wendy laughed at Ryujin and then she stares at her softly “Open it.” she said.

Irene goes to Ryujin side to read the document together. Ryujin pulls out the documents from the envelope and read it “Certificate of adoption…” Ryujin gasped and she turns to Wendy with teary eyes “Unnie…” her voice trembles.

“I got your grandfather approval. You got a family now Ryujin ah.”

Ryujin put down the document and she hugs Wendy tightly. The girls are all at awe, some shed tears some just couldn’t stop smiling.

“Thank you.” Ryujin whispers.

“You have to start to call me mom from now onward.” Wendy joked.

Ryujin raised an eye at Wendy “No.” she said bluntly.

Yeri was in tears but she holds it in. Irene pats her on the back to comfort her. She is happy for Ryujin and she is happy that Wendy propose to her again though it wasn’t necessary. She is happy for her ex too, that Seulgi manage to find her true feeling. She is surrounded by everyone that she loves.

Jennie and Lisa helps to serve the food to everyone. Ryujin made a call to Itzy and she invites them over. Wendy was busy recording videos of that moment, Irene is busy socializing with Gfriend, Yeri and Umji were discussing about some idols tips. Sinb and Seulgi discussing about dancing tips. Yerin and Joy were busy taking picture with the flower bouquet that Seulgi bought for Joy. Wendy smiles at the moment, she stricken by grief when she remembers that in a few months time, she would not remember any of this moment anymore. Seulgi notices Wendy’s smile faded, she excuses herself and goes to Wendy’s side.

“You okay?” she asked.

Wendy nods with a weak smile. Seulgi joins Wendy, she gently pats Wendy on the back “Thank you for helping me.”

“No, thank you for helping me.” Wendy replied “If you didn’t left Irene I probably won’t know how to fall in love again.”

“I’m worry about you…though I promised to keep your secret, but…I still wish you can be more honest with Irene.” Seulgi said with a pout.

“When the time is right. I will tell her.” Wendy replied.

They smile at each other and then both turn to their lovers. Wendy is content with what’s going on around her. Her family and friends around her, the love of her life is having the time of her life, and then her adoptive daughter is making new friends. Nothing matter most than this.

Irene’s phone rings and she saw the caller ID, she immediately goes to Wendy. “It’s Suzy!”

“Hello Suzy-ah.” Irene answers.

“Unnie…we’re just reach Incheon…”

“I thought you were coming next week?”

“I settled things earlier than I thought.” Suzy chuckled “Can you send me the location so I can hail a taxi from the airport?”

“I uhmm…” Irene looks at Wendy for confirmation, Wendy told Irene that she can just ask Suzy to come over to the café and join them. After that she can drop them off at her old apartment.

“Suzy ah, why don’t you come and join us for tea time, I will send you the location.”

“Okay, great. See you soon.”

Irene and Wendy exchange look and Seulgi was curious at their conversation. Irene asked pulls Wendy aside, far away from Seulgi.

“Seungwan ah, we have to keep Suzy’s identity a secret until after her coronation.” Irene whispers.

“How long do we have to wait? You know that you made a promise with your father that you will continue your job as a princess of the country for a year before passing the job to Suzy?”

“I know…so keep the secret until then.”

“Even from the kids?”

“Even from the kids.” Irene affirms.

Jennie?”

“Jennie too…this secret is just between us, Seungwan.”

“Yes ma’am…understood.” Wendy nods.

Before they could join the other girls, Irene phone rings again and this time, she panicked, the number is the palace official phone number, which will only be used to call the imperial family if there are emergency in the palace. Her hand trembles but she forced herself to answer the call.

“Hello…”

“Princess Joohyun…the king want you to be present at the palace immediately.”

“What is it about?”

“Please be here Joohyun-ah…” Irene heard her father’s voice is getting sadder, and she questions him no more.

“I’ll be there.” Irene hangs up the phone and look at Wendy.

“What’s wrong?” Wendy asked.

“I…have to go back, at the palace now…the king wanted to see me. It’s very rare for him to want to see me.”

“He’s your grandfather Joohyunie, do you want me to drive you there?” Wendy asked.

Irene’s eyes were full of sadness, she shakes her head “Wendy, once I return to the palace, I won’t be able to come out…until he accepts Suzy as his heir.”

Wendy now understand why Irene reluctant to answer the call earlier “Oh…” was the only word that escape Wendy’s lips.

“Seungwan ah…I….”

“I’ll drive you there, let’s wait for Suzy to come…”

“Seungwan ah, we may not be able to meet for a year, I don’t want to…”

“It’s only a year Irene, not forever.” Wendy bitterly cut Irene’s off.

Irene knows that Wendy is sad, she looks around and sees that everyone is busy mingling. She pulls Wendy over to their small office. Wendy follows like a loyal puppy and once they got in the office, Irene locks the door and pushes Wendy down to the chair. Wendy was surprised by Irene’s move.

“Irene?”

Irene takes off her shirt and reveal her toned body to Wendy, Wendy blushes at the sight “Today might be the last day we meet until after Suzy takes over my place, so let’s spend it wisely Wendy…” Irene said and she straddles Wendy.

“Wow wow wow…time out time out!” Wendy stops Irene from kissing her.

“Why?”

“People are going to hear us.” Wendy whispers.

“Then keep your voice low…” Irene said and she moves Wendy’s hand aside and start to kiss her softly. The kiss got deeper and a moan escape Irene’s lips which made Wendy pull away immediately.

“This is not a good idea.” Wendy whispers in panic.

“Wendy…” Irene cups Wendy’s face and made her look into her eyes “Kiss me.”

Wendy is mesmerize by Irene’s beauty and that moment she thinks of nothing but Irene’s soft lips. She crashed their lips together and her hands start exploring Irene’s body. Several moans escape Irene’s lips but Wendy quickly uses her lips to shut it.

Ryujin feels the need to go for a toilet break so she excuses herself, she walk past the office and heard all the and panting from the office. She blushed and cancel her trip to the toilet. She rather holds her pee than to hear all the embarrassing sound from the office. Why did Wendy put the office near to the toilet she asked herself.

“Unnie~” Yuna skipped toward Ryujin happily and Ryujin quickly turns her around “The toilet is unusable right now, seems like the toilet bowl is leaking.” Ryujin  lied as she drags Yuna away from the toilet and the office.

Ryujin clears to get everyone’s attention and when everyone had their eyes on her she announced to them that the toilet is leaking so if anyone wanted to go for toilet, she instructs them to go to the public toilet outside of the premises.

“Your parents is having aren’t they?” Jisoo bluntly asked and Joy who heard Jisoo gasped loudly.

“Jisoo how dare you talk like that in front of a kid?” Seulgi scolded her boss.

Ryujin shakes her head in embarrassment, and Jisoo smirks because her assumption is true after all “It is embarrassing!” Ryujin cried out.

“Wendy gotten bold…” Joy said and Seulgi looked shocked.

“Did you, Wendy…Did you…ummm.” Seulgi wanted to ask if Joy did it with Wendy in the past but she couldn’t say the words.

“Yeah we did, but it was more like I did it and not her…” Joy sighed.

Seulgi looks defeated, for as long as she had been with Irene, Irene didn’t even let her touches her. Joy laughs at Seulgi’s expressions she whispers something to Seulgi and Seulgi’s face went red as tomatoes.

Jisoo looks disgustedly at them “I don’t want to know what you just told her.” and then she left the lover bird alone, dragging Ryujin with her.

Jisoo joins her group and Ryujin joins hers. Ryujin seated herself next to Chaeryoung and she takes out her phone, she secretly took a photo of Lia, who is oblivious with her surrounding as she is invested in Yeji’s story. Ryujin smiles to herself while viewing Lia from the lens of her phone. She was happy that Yeji and Lia are happy now and the fact that Lia father is slowly accepting Yeji.

“You know you could just ask if you want to take their picture.” Chaeryoung jabbed on Ryujin and Ryujin frowns at her “Tch, you just ruined the mood Chaer…” Ryujin scolded her friend.

Ding, the café bell ring and two women walk in. Ryujin gets up to see who is it because the café is not open for any customers, only for friends and family.

“Excuse me, but we are not open.” Ryujin greets the stranger.

“Ah, I’m here to meet Irene Bae…” the girl replies.

“May I know who are you?”

“I’m Suzy, Bae Suji…” Suzy introduces herself “And this is my sister, Haruna Kojima.”

“Ah!” Ryujin immediately bows to Suzy and causes the other to focus on them. Suzy gets flustered and she asked Ryujin to get up from bowing to her. Yeri notices Suzy from a far and she gets up from her seat and goes to Ryujin side. She bows to Suzy to Suzy gets even more flustered.

“Please get up, I don’t want you two to bow to me.”

“Irene unnie is a little busy now, ummm, why don’t you sit and relax?” Yeri politely invite Suzy and Haruna to sit.

The siblings sit down and Ryujin present them with the menu “Do you want anything to drink?”

“Oh…ummm…” Suzy looks through the menu with her sisters.

Yeri goes behind the bar to get a few pastry to be serve to the new guest. Out of curiosity, Jennie goes to her little cousin “Pssttt, hey cuzz.”

“What?”

“Who is she? Why did you and Ryujin bowed to her earlier?”

“Unnie…she’s the late crown prince’s daugther…Bae Suji…”

“She’s still alive?!!” Jennie gasped loudly and Yeri immediately shushed her “Unnie!”

“Sorry sorry, I thought, the prince died in a boat crashed?”

“Apparently, she survived…”

“Then what is she doing here?”

“Obviously, taking back what is hers.” Yeri rolled her eyes at Jennie’s question.

“But what about Joohyun unnie then?”

“I don’t know unnie, Joohyun unnie never tell me her plan.”

“Oh…but that technically made she’s our cousin too right?”

***

“What is this popcorn smoothie?” Suzy asked.

“Ah, it’s a vanilla ice cream where we blended together with some butter popcorn and caramel sauce…it’s delicious! You should try.” Ryujin explained.

“Oh, then I want this…Neechan what about you?”

“I’ll just have oolong tea…”

“Alrighty.” Ryujin jolts down the order and goes to the drink making station.

“Here~” she passed the order to Jisoo and Rosé who Wendy had left to attend the drink station.

“Who is she?” Rosé asked.

“Irene unnie’s cousin.”

“She has another cousin aside for Jennie and Yeri?”

“Yep…” Ryujin replies coolly.

 

The office

“Here…” Wendy passes Irene her bra and .

“Thanks…” Irene replies shyly and she puts on her underwear seductively which turns Wendy on again but Wendy is trying to suppress her urges to jump on Irene and make love to her again.

After both of them get dress, Wendy wraps her arm around Irene’s waist and she kisses her neck “I’m going to miss you very much…”

“Me too…Seungwan.” Irene replies with a sad smile.

“Come on, let’s go out, the girls are going to search for us if we don’t reappear now.” Wendy jokes. Irene nods and she makes sure that both of them are not messy before going out. She brushes Wendy’s hair and stare lovingly at her lover who is now her fiancee.

“Can I get one last kiss?” Irene asked.

Wendy didn’t hesitate to give Irene what she wants, but she quickly break the kiss before Irene got the chance to deepened it. “Come on princess, let’s go.”

Both of them exited the office and were surprise to see Suzy already there.

“Unnie…” Suzy greets her older cousin.

Irene give Suzy a knowing nods, she turns to Wendy, Wendy flashes her a sad grin. “Suzy ah, let’s go, someone is expecting us.”

Irene goes to Ryujin and she gives her a tight hug, Ryujin was perplexed by Irene’s action but she just let Irene hugs her and she even returns the hug. Irene then goes to Yeri and Jennie “Yeri ah…you are a big sister now, promise me you will take a good care of Ryujin okay? And make sure she finish her homework, and don’t get lazy about school…”

“Unnie, why you sound like you are going away?”

Irene didn’t answer Yeri’s question, she only smiles at her then she turns to Jennie “Jennie, you are my only hope to keep them in check okay? I can’t trust Wendy much when it comes to Ryujin and Yeri.” Irene sighed.

“Unnie, you scare me…where are you going?” Jennie questions Irene.

Irene smiles and she caress both of their cheeks “I love you girls.” then she leaves, holding her tears. Wendy held her hand and they walk out of the café with Suzy and Haruna following behind.

Wendy stops and she turns back to tell Rosé that she is in charge of the café for the day and she told her that she might not coming back so she asked Jisoo to send Yeri and Ryujin home without her. The girls are worry for their secretive action, but they know there’s no use for them to ask because they won’t tell.

Wendy helps Haruna and Suzy to load their luggage into her car. She closes the door and sigh, she tries to hold her tears and then put on a smiling face as she enter the car.

“How was the ride to our café Haruna-san?”

“It was pleasant…I’m sorry to ask this but why the two of you seem so sad?” Haruna asked.

Irene sighed, she turns back to face Suzy “Suzy ah, I’ll be honest with you, grandfather didn’t know that you are here, but I was called to meet him today, and since you are here, we decided to bring you along, but the sad thing is, once I got inside the palace, I won’t be able to come out, until I convince grandfather to accept you as the heir.”

“Wait what? So you didn’t tell him that I’m coming?”

“No…”

“Unnie…you do know that you are being selfish?” Suzy scoffed, she couldn’t believe that she got scammed by her cousin.

“Suzy…”

“I don’t want to talk to you…until we meet the king.”

Irene is stricken by guilt upon Suzy’s reaction, she keeps quiet and the ride to the palace is silent. After 45 minutes drive, they arrive at the palace but the guard can’t let Wendy in but Irene shows her seal to the guard and then he let them in.

Wendy purposely drive slowly in the palace compound, she didn’t want to part with Irene. They reached the main entrance to the main building.

Wendy took a deep breath and then looks at Irene “This is it princess…our goodbye…”

“It will only be for a year Wendy…”

“I’ll take care of the kids, don’t worry about us.”

“I’m not worry about the kids, I’m worry about you…” Irene replies.

Wendy says something but she saw that the imperial palace guards are approaching her car, she restraint herself from saying something. Irene opens the door and present herself to the guards. The guards bow and when Suzy and Haruna steps out they go back to their on guard position.

“How dare you raises your weapon against the country princess?” Irene scolds them.

“Your highness, we are not aiming at you…”

“I know, but this girl, is Prince Bae Jaejong’s daughter…” Irene introduces Suzy and the guards murmurs among themselves.

“I seek to see my father, he will know the true identity of this girl.” Irene said.

“Yes, your highness.” and the guards guide the three of them in. Irene makes sure she glances back at Wendy for one last time. Wendy is smiling at her, but it was a sad smile, and Irene hates to see that.

Wendy make sure that Irene is out of her sight before she drives away. Her heart is heavy but it’s the only way that they can think of.

The King’s Room

“King Junho…” the guard greets and he presents the Irene to him.

“Joohyun…”

“Grandfather, and father.” Irene greets back.

“I see you brought guests?”

“Grandfather, I can explain…she’s…”

“She is your uncle’s daughter, I am aware of your plan, your father had told me everything…” the king cut Irene’s off.

“Father?” Irene couldn’t believe that her father will be the one who betrayed her.

“Joohyun, I can explain, I had to tell your grandfather because I know how much you want to be free…when you told me that you found Suzy, I told your grandfather, so that you can get the freedom that you’ve always wanted.”

“Bae Joohyun…” the king calls for his eldest granddaughter. Irene bows and the king lifter her chin to see her face clearly. Then he turns to Suzy, and take a good look at her. Suzy trembles when the king gazes at her, but Haruna holds her hand to calm her.

“Come here…” the king calls for Suzy and Suzy takes a step forward. The king touch Suzy’s face and he looks at her lovingly “You look just like your father…” he said softly and then he breaks into tears. The king pulls Suzy into a hug and he apologize profusely to her.

“I’m sorry Jaejong ah, I should have look for her but I didn’t…I am so sorry…” the king cries and Suzy joins too.

Irene is happy that her grandfather accepted Suzy. He must have been feeling guilty for so long after her uncle’s death. Jaeho stands at his daughter side to congratulate her and thanking her for bringing Suzy back. Irene introduces Haruna to her father. The prince thanked the woman for taking care of Suzy.

“Joohyun, I know you wanted to be free, but I have to object.”

“But grandfather! I’ve bring Suzy back, we can train her and once she get used to the princess’s job she can take over my position…right?”

“I know Joohyun…but…”

“If I announce to the public that I’m a homoual then will you let me go of my position?”

“Joohyun!!” Jaeho raised his voice at his daughter.

“Don’t stop me dad! Grandpa, I am a homoual, I like women, and I can’t live here in this palace wall where I can’t be with the one that I love! I am sick and tired of being a princess where I can’t be myself my true self!” Irene is loosing it.

“Will you listen first child?!” the king raises his voice at his granddaughter “Will you let your grandfather explain first?”

Irene nods and she listens to what her grandfather tries to say “I’ve learned my mistake from what happened to your uncle and I don’t want to do the same thing to you to. Your father and I are working on with the prime minister to get the same marriage law to be added into our law systems, you can still be a princess and married to the one that you love.”

“What?” Irene couldn’t believe in what she just heard.

“A lawyer name Alice Park present to the parliament, and 45% agree to the proposal, if we able to get 60% agreed to the proposal, I will pass the law…”

Irene smiles and that is the first time Jaeho saw his daughter smiles like that. “So all I’m asking you now is to be patient and stay behind until we convince the other 15% to agree on the proposal, and I want you to teach Suzy all the things about being a princess. Then after Suzy ascended to the throne, if you really want to be free and be normal citizen, only Suzy can strip your of your princess title.”

“My dear Suzy, I will make a official event to announce you as my successor…I have wrong your father and I didn’t even get the chance to see him for the last time, but child, when I see in your eyes, I see him…I am so sorry that I didn’t made the effort to find you…I thought you were gone together with him…I am sorry child…”

Suzy can see the sincerity in her grandfather’s face “If dad is still alive, I think he will forgive you too…he loves you more than you know grandfather…” Suzy paused and she fishes for something in her backpack, she took out a diary and hand it to her grandfather “Here, this is the last memento of him…I want you to have this.”

King Junho holds the diary close to his heart and he cries. Haruna goes to Suzy sides and hugs her to make sure that she is okay. Irene was silent, she is happy that her grandfather knew about her uality, and she is happy that the government is making something to change the law and let the LGBTQ to have their freedom to expresses their uality. But she is scared that Suzy will not strip her off her princess title.

Zimzalabim’s Café

Jisoo, Rosé, Seulgi and Joy stayed behind to help Itzy to clean up the café, Jisoo joked with Ryujin that Ryujin had become Wendy’s successor to the café. Ryujin shyly grins, she cover her face with her hand to hide her smiles and Rosé find that it’s cute. Yuna was playing around at the kitchen and she accidentally knocked down a plate. The plate crashed and broken, the unnies wanted to scold her but her puppy eyes and pouty face made them change their mind. Lia cleans up the broken plate and she accidentally cut her finger. Ryujin and Yeji rushed to her side. Yeji and Ryujin’s exchange awkward gaze, Ryujin immediately back away and leaving Yeji to attend to Lia’s injury. Lia saw the hurt expression in Ryujin’s face but she decides to ignore it.

“I smell something fishy…” Yeri whispers at Ryujin’s ear and it caused the younger girl to jump and almost hit Yeri on the face.

“Yah!” Ryujin scolded the older girl and Yeri laugh at her “Don’t scare me like that!”

“My dear younger sis, we have a lot to talk to about when we get home…” Yeri said to the younger girl, she tried to put her arm around Ryujin’s shoulder but Ryujin being a lot taller than her, she had difficulty and she gives up.

The two girl flinched when they saw Jisoo comes running toward them with a pale face, Jisoo grabs them by the shoulder “You two, we need to go now…it’s Wendy!”

“What happened?” Both Yeri and Ryujin asked at the same time.

To be continue…

A/N:

The deal is one year for Irene to convince her grandfather, but the king already know about her secret and he is willing to let her go, because of the guilt that he held when he banished his son from the palace for falling in love with a commoner, but will Suzy let Irene go? Will Alice with the help of her sister Rosé be able to convince another 15% of the parliament members to agree on the proposal? Oh ya can you guess the song that Wendy and Seulgi sang? And the song that Wendy wrote for Irene?