Chapter 26: New Family

When The Flower Blooms

Wendy’s Room

Wendy and Irene were laughing at Ryujin and Yeri fighting over who is the best apple peeler. Irene was about to peel an apple for Wendy when Ryujin and Yeri came in, they both argue who should help Irene peel it and now it become a competition between the two. Irene told them to be careful with the knife when Ryujin accidentally dropped hers. In the end Irene ended up peel the apple for all of them because Yeri almost cut her own finger. Irene scolded them both for fighting over something useless like this. Wendy defended them both, and they both instantly run toward Wendy to protect themselves from Irene.

“They’re just kids Irene ah~”

“Kids shouldn’t be playing with knife!” Irene hissed while she peeling the apple for Wendy and the two kids.

“Geez, you two made her mad.” Wendy whispered jokingly to Yeri and Ryujin.

“Stop babying those two.” Irene pouted at Wendy for always defending Yeri and Ryujin.

Irene served the peeled apple to them, she make sure that it look like a rabbit, because she remembered how Yeri likes rabbit shaped apple.

“Oh my god unnie! I missed these, can’t believe you still know how to cut it.”

“I always remember how you like it this way.”

Wendy was enjoying her apple when she saw jealousy in Ryujin’s eyes. She nudge Irene and then she purse her lips toward Ryujin’s reaction. The young girl was sulking, she had her arms crossed and she pouted while looking at the other way. Irene couldn’t help but to smile at Ryujin. She took one of the apple slices and then offered it to Ryujin.

“Ryujin, say ah~”

Ryujin blushes “I can eat it by myself, I’m not a kid anymore!” Ryujin protested and she took the apple from Irene and eat it.

Irene smiles and she poke Ryujin’s cheek “Now that’s my girl.” she praised the pink haired girl.

A soft knock on the door interrupt the happy moment, Yeri gets up and went to the door to open it. There was Joy and Seulgi standing by the door. Yeri was still bitter against Seulgi, but she tried her best to suppress her bitterness because she promised Irene that she will forgive Seulgi for all of her bad deeds.

Joy peeps into the room and she saw Wendy looking back at her. She asked Yeri permission to enter the room and Yeri turn back to get approval from Irene. Irene nodded and Yeri step aside and offer the duo to enter the room.

“The doctor said I can go out today. I just wanted to stop by to apologize Wendy.” Joy confessed.

Wendy gently tap Irene on her thigh, Irene gets what Wendy is trying to tell her, so she asked the two younger girls to leave the room and leave the adults to have their discussion. Both Yeri and Ryujin protested but Irene’s scary gaze got them scrambling out from the room.

“I’ve forgive both of you.” Wendy told Joy with a genuine smile, there was no hatred, no hard feelings, there was just a sincere feeling that Joy gets from Wendy’s smile.

“I’ve wrong you a lot Wendy Son.I am sorry, I know that the words sorry won’t be enough for all the sins that I have done.” Seulgi apologized and then she got on her knees and bowed to Wendy.

Wendy tried to get up from her bed but she is still too weak, she almost stumble but Irene manage to catch her on time. Wendy asked Seulgi to get up “Get up…please don’t do this. Irene had told me everything. I also forgive you Seulgi.”

Seulgi looked up in tears, Wendy offered tissue to her to wipe away her tears. Then she held out her hands to Joy and Seulgi “I hope we can become friends that now our conflict is resolve.”

Irene was proud of Wendy for be able to forgive Seulgi after all that she had done. Seulgi and Joy shake Wendy’s hand, signaling their truce. Wendy asked them to come over to her café when they got time.

Seulgi and Joy exited the room, they asked Yeri if she is coming with them, Yeri said she preferred to stay with Irene and Wendy, Joy and Seulgi understand Yeri’s stand, after what they’ve done, they never force Yeri to come back to their dorm and Yeri had been spending time at Wendy’s apartment. Joy didn’t blame Yeri that she felt unsafe around them.

Wendy was thinking about asking Yeri to move in with them when Irene told her the whole story. Ryujin was against the idea because that means she can’t hang out with her ‘parents’ if Yeri move in. Wendy decided to arrange for something so that both Yeri and Ryujin can be happy. For now she just can’t wait to get discharge from the hospital. Her wound is slowly healing but for being in coma for 2 months, she is malnutrition, so her doctors decided to keep her in just so that she can gain back her weight.

 

YG Entertainment 

Lisa came to visit her best friend and also to make sure that Jisoo is eating and resting well. Since Jisoo is still upset at the fact that Rosé left her to further her study somewhere else, Lisa had become their middle person to check on each other. Jennie is busy with her boutique launching new clothing line, so she couldn’t join Lisa most of the time.

Lisa knocked on Jisoo’s office door but there was no response from the inside, so Lisa excuse herself and enter the office. She was shocked to see the state of the office.

“Did something died in here?” Lisa asked.

Jisoo propped herself up from a mountain of paper work “Me I guess…” she replied groggily.

“How many days have you been staying in here?”

“A week? 2 weeks? I don’t know.”

Lisa sighed, she move away all of the empty take away box that occupied the table.

“Unnie, you really have to take care of yourself better. Rosé is only going away for 3 years, she will come back for you.”

“I have to rebuild this ing company before she comes back!”

“How the heck can you rebuild this company if you can’t take care of yourself?! Look at you! You looked like a zombie!!”

“You don’t understand Lisa!! If Jennie decided to leave you right now how would you feel?! How would you feel if Jennie didn’t tell you her plan and leave you without telling you?!”

“She is trying to help her sister and us Jisoo unnie-ah!!!” Lisa shouted back. “She and Alice is trying their best to get the bill pass in the parliament, and yet this is how you reacted? Rosé left to pursue what her sister had been doing, because she wanted to be with you without people being judgemental at your relationship. Can you be a little supportive of her?! She is sad that you didn’t even want to call her or text her, and I can’t believe that you even change your number and blocked her! She is alone and afraid and stress and she couldn’t even concentrate in her classes in Melbourne, so please, could you please at least text her?” Lisa throw the screenshot of the texts that Rosé send her at Jisoo.

“Come and find us once you’re sober!” Lisa stormed out from the office angrily.

Jisoo picked up the paper that Lisa threw at her. She reads them one by one.

Chaeng -  Lisa, did Jisoo unnie being well lately? I tried to contact her but I can’t. She must be mad at me.

Chaeng - Lisa, can you help me to check on Jisoo unnie regularly? I need to know if she is okay.

Lalisa - I can’t find her too, she had been busy lately and she didn’t even got anytime for us.

Chaeng - You have to make sure she eats her meal, don’t ask her to overwork herself.

Lalisa - Jennie and I tried to, but she just distant herself away from us!

Chaeng - I miss Jisoo…

Chaeng - I’m lonely over here Lisa…I wish that you guys are here. Especially Jisoo unnie.

Chaeng - The class today is boring!

Chaeng - Today I dream about Jisoo unnie.

Lalisa - Did you have a wet dream about her? Kekekeke

Chaeng - Yah!! Lalisa Manoban!

Lalisa - If you miss her then come back.

Chaeng - I can’t, I have to realize my sister’s dream of getting the same marriage bill passes.

Lalisa - First of all Chaeng, it was not your sister’s fault that she got fired. Seulgi had clear everything that happened, Yeri’s lawyer is being jailed for bribe, then all the case against Yer is dropped. Your sister can clear her name easily, she just need to appeal to the higher court to review back her breach of contract case.

Chaeng - Even if she can clear her name, she still need to start from scratch, and if I can get pass this 3 years, I can help her, and we can get the parliament to pass the bill faster!

Lalisa - I really don’t understand you.

Chaeng - Don’t you want to get married to Jennie without any objection of people being judgemental or bash you?

Lalisa - I do.

Chaeng - Me too Lisa, me too. I want to be with Jisoo unnie, that is why I am trying hard to help my sister out. I wanted to get marry to her, I want to build a family with her, where we will adopt one or two kids and then raised them ourselves. Grow old together, I wanted a home that’s built on top of the hill so I can view on sunset and sunrise everyday. I want all that without have to fear that people judging us, or hate us.

Jisoo cried when she read the last of the text. She crumbled the paper and hold it close to her heart. She was being a selfish brat when she realized that Rosé did all of that just so she can be together with her. She reached out for her phone, she scroll through her contacts and she stopped at Rosé name. She unblocked her, and call her. The phone rings more than 30 seconds, Jisoo was about to give up but then Rosé answer.

“Hello…who is this?”

Jisoo cried even harder when she heard the voice that she missed so much for the past few months.

“Hello? If this is some sort of a scam I’m going to hang up now!” Rosé said.

“Chaeng-ah…it’s me…” Jisoo finally speak up.

“.…..” there was a silence

“I’m sorry…”

“You didn’t even call…” Rosé sound so sad “I missed you, you know.”

“I know…and I’m being a jerk.” Jisoo replied.

“I love you unnie…I really love you…”

“I know…I love you too…”

Jisoo spend the whole afternoon talking to Rosé and they slowly catch up all of the months they have lost contact.

 

Hospital

“You’re condition has improve Miss Wendy, I’m glad that you are feeling better. You can be discharge tomorrow.”

“Thank you doctor.”

“You’re a lucky one to have your wife with you Miss Wendy…I have never see her left you even for one minute.”

“My wife?”

“Miss Irene told us you two got married in Taiwan, so I assume she is your wife?”

Wendy smiled when she heard what the doctor told her. “Yeah, she is my wife…”

“I know that Korea hasn’t approve any law regarding same marriage yet but I am happy for both of you.”

“Thank you doctor.”

Wendy exited the doctor’s office and was greeted by Irene who was waiting for her outside of the office.

“What did the doctor said?”

“She said I can go out from this hospital tomorrow.” Wendy replied.

“Oh good! I will get the paperwork sign and get with it.”

“Wait.” Wendy hold on to Irene before the older girl could get away “The doctor told me, you told her that you are my wife?”

Irene blushed in shock when Wendy asked her that, she didn’t think the doctor will tell Wendy about it. “Yeah…I mean I had to, or they won’t tell me anything about your condition, I was desperate.”

Wendy pulled Irene by her waist to get their body closer “Hmmm…”

“Wh…what?” stammered Irene, she tried to avoid Wendy’s gaze.

Wendy nuzzle Irene’s neck and then buried her face in Irene’s neck “I miss you.”

“Wendy, everyone is watching us!” Irene could feel all eyes on them.

“So? Let them watch, I want to show people how much I love my ‘wife’.”

Irene lightly smack Wendy on her shoulder “Let’s just go back to your room and then talk okay?”

“Yes ma’am~”

They walk back to Wendy’s room hand in hand, Irene had missed Wendy’s warm hand and touch. She is glad that Wendy woke up and still remember her. She was afraid that Wendy would wake up from her coma and forgot her, she didn’t know how she is going to deal with that situation. She is happy now that everything is back to normal. Her aunt Jiyeon had come to her and make peace with her, she is happy that now Jennie can be with Lisa without having to hide it from her mother and father anymore. She is happy that Joy, Seulgi and Yeri had made peace with each other too. She’s only worry about Jisoo condition now that Rosé had left her to study law at Melbourne.

“Irene ah…”

“Hmm?”

“I was thinking about moving.”

“Why?”

“Since Yeri didn’t want to go back to RV’s dorm, let her live with us.” said Wendy.

“What’s wrong with your apartment now? I can move in to your room and Yeri can have my room.” Irene said.

“Yeah, but have you seen how upset Ryujin look when she heard that Yeri is going to stay with us? So I am thinking of moving to a more spacious place where Ryujin can stay with us too.”

“Ryujin got a mansion for herself, I don’t think she would want to live with us.”

“I thought you wanted to adopt that pink hair girl? I’ve seen how you been a mother to her.”

“Since she had never had a parent love before.”

“You know when I’m in a coma, I can hear all the things that you said to me. It was total darkness but whenever I hear your voice or Ryujin and Yeri arguing, I know I’m not alone. The day I woke up, I heard you said that you only had another year to be with me…and you wanted to spend the whole year with me. So let’s live together until that time come.”

Irene was silent, she didn’t even try to answer Wendy, she just continue with packing their stuff.

“Irene…” Wendy call out “I understand your situation, so let’s cherish this one year.”

“I’m not leaving…” Irene finally turned to face Wendy “I’m not leaving you.”

“But you said.”

“Yes I said that I only got one year to be with you. I am still working things out.”

“Irene…you’re not planning to drop your title as the princess right?” Wendy voice was shaking.

“...let’s not talk about this okay?”

“No, I need to know…what you are thinking.”

Irene sighed and she put down the bag that she packed half way and turn to Wendy “I will go back to the palace after a year…I made a promise with my dad, but by then will you wait for me?”

“I…I don’t understand…what are you talking about?”

“I have a cousin, but I have to go back to the palace to convince my grandfather to name her as the next in line for the throne after my father’s coronation.”

 

Flashback to a few weeks ago

The hospital was quiet during the night, nurses had finished their round and everyone went back to their station. Irene was sleepy, she hadn’t had a good night sleep for a few weeks now, she didn’t dare to close her eyes, afraid that if she fall asleep Wendy would be gone. She make sure she drank a lot of coffee to make sure she stay awake. Though she hated coffee so much but that’s the only she can stay awake.

Her father came to visit her sometimes, her father tried to persuade her to shorten her time outside and come back to the palace. Her grandfather is getting weak, he could be gone anytime soon. Prince Jaeho just wish that his daughter can return home so he could fasten the coronation ceremony and name Irene as his heir. Irene refused, she said she wanted to drop her princess title and live as commoner. Prince Jaeho said there are no more heir if Irene didn’t want to take her place as the rightful heir.

“Father, you still have another candidate.”

“We don’t know if she is still alive Joohyun ah.”

“Then we got to find her! We have to find her. She is the rightful heir to the throne father, not you and not me.”

“Her father abandoned his place! Your grandfather had banish him from coming back to the palace, what makes you think that your grandfather will accept them back?”

“Because she is his granddaughter too…Uncle Jaejong maybe had abandon his place as the crown prince and you were named to replace him, but he is still the rightful heir to the throne father. We have to find his daughter, she is my only chance to be with Wendy and leave the palace live behind me.”

“Why Joohyun, why do you chose to live like a commoner when you have the whole country in your hand if you just accept your position?”

“Dad…”

Prince Jaeho was startled when Irene called him dad, she barely used it, the only moment he remembered she used to call him dad is when she was still little, then they both got distant because he was appointed as the crown prince when his older brother abandon his title.

“We both are in situation that we both hated. You never wanted to become the crown prince and I never wanted to be a princess. All I ever wanted is to have a normal life. So please dad, we have to find her.”

“It’s been 20 years Joohyun ah, I don’t know if she is still alive.”

“I know she is still alive. We just have to find her.”

“Let’s make a deal…I will help you to find her but you have to convince her and your grandfather to hand over your position to her. You still need to return to the palace, if you manage to convince your grandfather then you are free to go.”

“Do I still have to go back even if I found her?”

“Yes you have to. No matter what, your name is still in the list. The whole power transition procedure is not easy as you thought. You have to be presence. You have to cut ties with Wendy, just for a year before you can pass down your title to your cousin.”

“I don’t understand why I have to cut ties with Wendy and my friends!”

“You have to Joohyun…as the royal we shouldn’t be mingling with the commoners, if the citizens know that you had broke the protocol, it will be hard for us and for your friends as well. I don’t want to hurt your friends, as much as you don’t.”

Irene was doubtful, but she keep her thought positive. She just hope that she be able to find her long lost cousin to enable her stepping down from the list.

End of Flashback

“My uncle fell in love with a commoner and he wanted to become an archaeologist, he got married to her and they had a child together. Unfortunately, when I was 8 my uncle died, he was on an expedition to an island somewhere in Japan. His ship capsized and he was found dead washed ashore. And we didn’t know if his daughter survive the shipwreck or not, but I believe she is still alive because they never found her body.” Irene told Wendy the whole story.

“What if…she is dead? What are you going to do?”

“I will find a way to be together with you. I promise.” Irene hold Wendy’s hand to assure her. Since Wendy woke up from her coma, she had been clingy to her.

“Come over here…” Wendy scooted a little to make space for Irene on her bed. Irene smiles and she climbs up and lay on Wendy’s arm.

“Seungwan ah…”

“Hmm?”

“You have been clingy to me after you wake up from your coma…”

“You hate it?”

“No…I like it when you lean on me more.” Irene explain and she snuggle closer to Wendy.

“When I was in coma, I was afraid I might not be able to wake up again, and I might not able to see you again and I might lose you. You know I saw the light and I saw the doctor try to revive me but then I met Seunghee unnie, she told me that I cannot go yet, because it will break your heart. So that is why…when I wake up I was afraid that you will be tired of me and decided to leave me.”

“Idiot! I won’t get tired of you…my world had been in black and white until I met you, until I met the others. So don’t say that I will leave you ever again.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

The two sealed their promise with a kiss. Irene misses Wendy’s kiss, she deepened the kiss but Wendy pushed her away when they heard someone clearing their throat.

“Eww gross…” Yeri complained.

“You’re gonna get use to it.” Ryujin remark with a smirk.

Irene gets up from Wendy’s bed but Wendy pull her back down. “You guys have to get use to this because we’re going to move in to a bigger house.”

“What?” the three of them asked in unison.

“I’ve sold my apartment and I’ve bought a new condominium, all of us, are going to move in together. Yeri you can live with us for as long as you want, and Ryujin I know you will get jealous if I only allow Yeri to stay with us so you can stay with us too, it’s all up to you, since you have your own mansion.”

“She had a mansion?” Yeri asked in disbelieve.

“She’s a Yakuza.” Irene explained.

Yeri was shocked, her eyes were wide open and she turned to Ryujin “What?” the pink hair girl asked.

“Oh, nothing…” Yeri fidgeted, she was lucky that Ryujin hadn’t done anything to her yet.

“Can I really live with you two?” Ryujin asked Irene and Wendy.

“Yeah…you can, you are welcome to live with us.”

“Okay!! I will go pack my stuff right away!”

“Eh! Wait, but what about your mansion?!”

“Oh, don’t worry I can just rent it out, I mean I don’t have any fond memory of that mansion. Yuna can take care of that house for me.” Ryujin said happily and she went out to call for her butler to pack her stuff.

“Are we serious going to live with a Yakuza?” Yeri asked with stammering voice.

Irene only could awkwardly laugh at Yeri’s question because she hasn’t tell Yeri about Wendy being the Mafia leader yet.

 

The Next Day

Irene helped Wendy to carry her stuff into the new condominium, Wendy told Irene to not worry about their stuff at their old apartment, she will arrange someone to take care of it.

“Wow…this place is amazing!” Yeri shouted happily “Which one is my room?”

“The one on the left.” Wendy replied and Yeri immediately run into her room. Ryujin dragged her bag and open the room that next to Yeri. Wendy hand Irene a eye mask.

“What is this?” Irene asked with a frown.

“Wear it, I will bring you to our room.”

“What’s in our room? It’s better not something scary!”

“No no, it’s not! Just…put it on.”

Irene pouted but she still put on the eye mask, Wendy hold her hand and lead her to their room. She opens the door and she make sure that Irene safely enter the room. She take off Irene’s eye mask and show her to room.

“Ta-da!”

The room had a view of the Han River, Irene knew how much Wendy hate the sun light but Irene likes a bright room especially a room with a view, despite that she scare of height.

“Wow…the view is…beautiful.”

“Yeah, you told me how much you like to see the sunset and sunrise, from here you can watch it whenever you want.”

“But you hate bright room…” Irene turn to Wendy.

“It’s worth it to see your smile.”

Irene frowned at Wendy “Are you being greasy again Seungwan?”

“Hahaha, I mean, we can always pull the curtain if the sun gets too bright.”

Irene went to pull the curtain and it made Wendy puzzle “Why?” Wendy asked.

“Because I want you to feel comfortable in this room too~” Irene winked and leave Wendy smiling to herself. Wendy watch Irene sway her hip away, and she got turn on so she grab Irene by the wrist and made she turn to face her. Wendy closes the door and trap Irene in between.

“What?” Irene asked.

“Hi…”

“Hi?”

“I miss you…” Wendy lean in and give Irene a peck.

Irene smiles, she snake her arms around Wendy’s neck and stares into Wendy’s eyes.

“I miss you too.” Irene said and she pet Wendy’s hair.

“Can I?” Wendy asked as she leans in to capture Irene’s lips.

“You don’t have to ask…” Irene whispers softly and she capture Wendy’s lips.

Wendy slowly trail her hands up Irene’s cloth which make the older girl yelp in surprise. Wendy’s hands made it way to Irene’s bra and she unhook it. Wendy break the kiss and proceed to take off her jacket and the continue to kiss Irene. Irene work with Wendy’s button, she it one by one. A soft moan escape from Irene’s lips when Wendy kisses her on the neck.

Knock Knock

Irene pushes Wendy away because she was surprised by the sudden knock and Wendy fall to the ground. Irene gasped and she immediately help Wendy to get up and she apologize profusely, checking on Wendy’s head to make sure the wound is not affected. Wendy cursed under her breath. She is not mad at Irene pushing her away but at whoever that knock on their door.

“I’m sorry.” Irene whispered.

“It’s okay.” Wendy only sighed and she take her jacket that scatter on the floor and put it on. She help Irene to hook her bra back. She make sure that there is no lipstick smudge on their face. Before they go out from the room Irene whisper something to Wendy “Let’s continue tonight.”

Wendy blushed, she opened the door and saw that Yeri and Ryujin were standing with their arms crossed “We’re hungry!” they both complain.

“Okay okay kids, mama is going to feed you, come on Irene let’s go eat something nice!”

“I want western food.” Yeri suggested

“I want tteobeoki!” Ryujin suggested.

Wendy sighed when the two begins their mini war again.

Irene snake her arms around Wendy’s waist and prop her chin on Wendy’s shoulder “They’re fighting again huh?”

“These two makes me don’t want to have kids.” Wendy sighed.

“Even with me?” Irene asked and it made Wendy’s blushed so hard.

“Ssstooop fighting!” Wendy turned her focus on Yeri and Ryujin “We’re going to eat western and then we will go to eat some Korean food after okay?” Wendy suggested.

“Call!” Yeri and Ryujin shouted and they race toward the main door.

Irene and Wendy look at each other and they giggled before they follow the two kids.

A/N:

Just a short update before the drama begins again.