Chapter 7

I Don't Know

 

A/N: Still no SaTzu

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“HIIIIIIIII….”

 

Sana was usually used to her sister having too much hype even in the mornings, but today she just reached an unbelievable high.

 

“I guess you had fun in your sleepover with Mina.” Sana points out while spreading peanut butter on her bread.

 

Chaeyoung was nodding her head so hard, she looks like one of those bobbleheads you see on a car’s dashboard.

 

“IT’S THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!” Then Chaeyoung pouts thoughtfully “Actually it’s the best night. But it’s Sooo good that it beats out the best day of my life!”

 

“What’s the best day of your life?”

 

“When Mina agreed to be my girlfriend.”

 

“You mean when you tricked Mina to be your girlfriend?”

 

“HEY!’ Chaeyoung frowns at her unnie. “I think she’s just saying she couldn’t stand me, but deep inside, she’s secretly in love with me.”

 

“Oh she is?” Sana answers in a deadpan tone, taking a bite of her breakfast.

 

“Yes… you should have seen her last night. She kept me up all night.”

 

“What?”

 

Those few words knock the hell out of Sana. But maybe she’s just misunderstanding things, right?

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Chaeyoung plops on the kitchen stool and start slabbing an Ungoldly amount of Peanut butter on her piece of toast.

 

“Me and Mina were so busy last night, I run out of energy.”

 

This time Sana finally gave her full attention to her kid sister.

 

“I never saw that side in Mina, you know, she’s always so calm and cool… but she’s… kekekekeke…” Chaeyoung giggles.. “She’s is quite wild and energetic…”

 

“WILD AND ENERGETIC?!” This time Sana was off her feet.

 

What do two hormonal teenagers do that can make someone wild and energetic? Sana doesn’t even want to know…

 

“Yes… it’s like everytime it’s my turn, she just screams out my name. It’s distracting but I kept on going even when my fingers are hurting.”

 

Fingers?

 

Sana covers her face feeling like a complete failure. Why didn’t she given her sister the “speech” about the birds and the bees? And now her sister just… just… just…

 

“But I guess it’s only fair, I was screaming my lungs out when it was her turn, especially since she wants to be on top all the time…”

 

“On top?” It was too much information for Sana…

 

“Yes… and she did… my gosh… she was so good with her hands…”

 

“Hands?”

 

Sana have now covered her ears, shaking her head as she was unwilling to listen anymore.

 

“Yes… she’s so fast but still so good… that I can’t help but scream everytime she’s done.” Chaeyoung sighs dreamily as she remembers last night with her y bear “I cant believe that was her first time… but in a way, I’m so proud that her first time is with me…”

 

 Chaeyoung then bounce up the stool after wolfing down her toast…

 

“Oh well, I have to get ready. Mina promise me we’ll do it again this lunch and probably after school too!”

 

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

 

Sana tries to shake some sense into her sister.

 

 ARE YOU LIKE ADDICTED TO IT?”

 

“Mmmmm… yes I am… I never realized it was this fun… now I know why people just can’t stop once…”

 

Chaeyoung left her sister glued there, her jaw dropped all the way to the ground.

 

*

 

“So, why do people have ?”

 

“UH MEEEE!!! I know!!! I know!!!”

 

Hirai Momo is rarely participative in class, as a matter of fact, Hirai Momo is rarely awake in class. But the Old Momo seems to be gone along with 2018. Cause here she is, the better Hirai Momo of 2019 raising her hand so eagerly at the professor’s question.

 

“Yes?”

 

“It’s because they’re hornnneeeee….”

 

The rest of the class starts snickering. Mina and Jeongyeon shifted uncomfortably as far away as possible from the girl to be saved from this embarrassment.

 

“Ehhhhh….” Their professor made a poor impression of a buzzing sound.

 

“Wrong… this is the only time that religion and science comes hand in hand… PEOPLE… no matter what the media tries to put in your heads. The reason why people are supposed to have is so they can procreate… Our lesson for today is blahblahblah…”

 

The excitement in the room has now fizzled out as their professor starts talking about the technical matters of procreating.

 

“Pffft…” Momo snorts in disbelief. “What century is he living in? Does he think a bunch of 18 year olds think… oh let’s hump each other so we can have babies…. Geez…”

 

“Momo has a point,” Jeongyeon agreed. “Do you think that’s what they were thinking when they were doing each other in fifty shades of grey? I mean c’mon…”

 

“No pain… no gain.”

 

Jeongyeon and Momo highfive. Mina presses her cheek on her palm, ignoring her friends queries and focuses on taking notes.

 

“How bout you Minari, what you think?”

 

“Bout what?” Mina replies blankly.

 

“Why do you think people do it?”

 

“People do it for different reasons…”

 

“How about you?”

 

Mina gasps at Momo’s implication “I don’t do it.”

 

“I mean not you doing it, what would be your reason?”

 

“If I love the person…” Mina murmurs softly.

 

Love… People throws that word around way too much that it ends up being insincere or worse as an excuse. But Jeongyeon and Momo knows that when Myoui Mina mentions the word, she takes the meaning to heart.

 

But does Mina even know what it means? Like really means?

 

“Does it matter if it’s a boy or a girl?”

 

Mina narrows her eyes and don’t like what Momo was trying to imply.

 

“I don’t like what you’re trying to say…”

 

“I’m not saying anything.”

 

“But you’re thinking it! if I want to do with that choding…”

 

“Choding?”

 

Mina growls before turning her attention to her teacher who is demonstrating about the male swimmers.

 

“Dude… why can’t you ju-“

 

Jeongyeon grips on Momo’s shoulder before the girl could say anything. Momo turns back and Jeongyeon gives her the eye…

 

The kind of look that says… not yet… it’s not time yet, let Mina realize it herself…

 

*

 

Nom.nom.nom…

 

“Nayeon?”Momo asks through the noodles in . “Are you going to eat that?”

 

Nom..nom…nom…

 

“Just give it to Momo, Nayeon-yah… you don’t need the extra…”

 

“Extra what?!” Nayeon snaps “Finish that sentence… finish it… I dare yah…” 

 

“I’d rather not.”

 

“Why not? C’mon… come at me bro!” Nayeon starts to taunt Jeongyeon.

 

“If you’re not giving it to me, I will show you my ridiculous aegyo…”

 

Jeongyeon covers before she could even puke at the sight of Momo’s aegyo…

 

“Fine…” Nayeon surrenders and pushes her plate to Momo. “You know that’s all I’m going to eat for today. As you may know my body is a wonderland I need to treat it with respect.”

 

“Wonderland?” do you mean amusement park? Where everyone can take a ride in it?

 

“HEY! You two could be such jerks sometimes… Minari…” Nayeon coddles on Mina’s arm. “Minari?”

 

The three girls turn and looks at Mina. The girl was quieter than usual, but without the creased brows and deep frown, instead it’s like she’s in deep thought.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Ummm yeah…” Mina then smiles as she took the orange in her hand. It made her friends look in wonder. Did the orange just made stoic Myoui Mina smile?

 

“I got to go ahead… here Momo,” Mina gives Momo her extra lunch but took the fruit with her. “I’ll see you guys later…”

 

*

 

Flashback

 

“Mom? Dad? Sakura?”

 

Mina’s jaw drop as she saw her parents and her sister right there, with a suitcase like they’re about to go somewhere.

 

“Ummm… yeah… yeah…” Mina’s mom tries to look for an explanation, “Me and your dad and sister are ummm staying on this place for the night.”

 

“But you can’t come…”

 

“Why on Earth are you doing this to me?” Mina’s voice is starting to crack in irritation and desperation. She felt like she’s the of all jokes.

 

“Well… I’m pretty sure you’ll have fun with Chaeyoung, right?”

 

Chaeyoung starts nodding her head, like a bobblehead.

 

“See? So, have fun you two!!!!”

 

“Let’s go Sakura…”

 

Sakurari’s mom pushes the clueless Sakura out the door…

 

“Bye!!!” Chaeyoung waves happily before turning to Mina, blinking her eyes cutely at the other girl. “I’m hungry… what’s for dinner?”

 

Mina just ends up groaning…

 

“What we have in the fridge…”

 

“How about I cook us something?”

 

Mina raised her brow in surprise. If she lives with Chaeyoung, she wont even let the girl near the stove.

 

“You know how to cook?”

 

“Yes…” Chaeyoung nods before hopping to the kitchen, and starts digging inside the fridge, taking out an armful of food.

 

“What are you going to make?”

 

“Just sit there and relax my princess. I’ll make you something awesome.”

 

The kitchen was in an utter mess, but Chaeyoung looks like she knows what she’s doing. Slicing and dicing vegetables and meat, warming up the frying pan and putting in the different ingredients.

 

“TADA! Omurice!!!”

 

Mina’s lips lifted in a smile when she sees her omurice with a heart drawn with ketchup…

 

“Taste it… taste it…” Chaeyoung says eagerly, her eyes beaming with pride at her.“So?”

 

“Mmmmm… it’s pretty good…”

 

*

 

“I cant believe I would actually sleep in your room.” Chaeyoung's nonstop blabbing was obvious of how excited she was.

 

“Well… you can sleep in my room… I’ll sleep in Sakura.”

 

“Why?” The excitement in Chaeyoung’s voice have quickly disappeared.

 

“Just cause… good night Chaeyoung…”

 

Mina turns the doorknob but found it lock. She turns it again and again, finally realizing that it was lock.

 

“Fine… I’ll just sleep in my parents room,” Mina walk over to her parents room. “What the?!”

 

“They did this on purpose! they seriously did this on purpose!”

 

“So, you’ll sleep beside me tonight?” Chaeyoung starts batting her lashes, hoping to charm the fuming girl.

 

“No… I’ll just sleep in the couch…” Mina smirks in fake apology before walking to the living room.

 

“WHHHHHHAAAAATTTT THHHHHEEEE HELLLLLLL?!!!!”

 

Where on Earth have their couch went? They are probably the only family without a couch in the living room. There is no other one to blame but her parents. Her very own parents? Her family?! How could they do this to her?!

 

“I guess I have no choice but sleep with you.”

 

Mina just sighs in defeat.

 

Kekekeke…

 

*

 

Mina armed with pillows have created a boundary in the bed between the two. But from the bedroom, she could overhear Chaeyoung from the bathroom.

 

“Yes unnie… I brush my teeth and no I promise I wont make a mess here… Good night unnir!”

 

Mina finds her smiling at how innocent and just kind hearted Chaeyoung seem to be.

 

“Your turn!” Chaeyoung says excitedly…

 

*

 

Mina walks into her bedroom and shamelessly gasps as she saw Chaeyoung sitting on her bed. She knew the girl was pretty, but right now, with her long hair cascading down as she’s brushing it, wearing the white nightgown she lend her, the girl was almost ethereal…

 

“HI!”

 

“Ummm hi…” Mina says almost shyly, sitting as far at the edge from Chaeyoung as possible.

 

“Are we going to sleep now?”

 

“Ahhh yeah… good night, Chaeyoung…” Mina scoots closer to the edge, making sure she’s not close to Chaeyoung.

 

This was going to be the start of their long night as Chaeyoung keep on tossing and turning.

 

“Why aren’t you asleep?”

 

Chaeyoung nuzzles her head deeper into the bed, “I cant sleep without hugging my tiger plushie…”

 

Gawd… what a kid…

 

“You can borrow my penguin.” Mina hands Chaeyoung the stuff toy, before settling in bed. But her eyes widen when she sees the penguin flies out. “Did you just throw it?!”

 

Chaeyoung was pouting too “I don’t want to hug it…” Chaeyoung sat up and flutters her lashes to charm Mina  “Can I hug you instead?”

 

Mina growls and looks away as Chaeyoung flutters those round eyes some more…

 

“Nooo… You see this boundary?! That's what it's for! So you stay in your spot.”

 

Mina huffs and turns away, but obviously the boundaries were broken, when she felt Chaeyoung’s head on her back.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?!”

 

“I’m getting cold… so I’m feeling the warmth of your back through my forehead…”

 

SMACK!!!!

 

“OWWWWW!!!” Chaeyoung holds her forehead as Mina smacks her hard.

 

“Now you feel it?! You feel the heat?!!!”

 

 “I didn’t know you like it rough…” Chaeyoung grumbles teasingly…

 

“Why you?!” Mina jumps on Chaeyoung, smacking the other girl with her pillow. Chaeyoung was scrambling around like the baby monkey that she is, but suddenly just stop.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

The baby monkey looks like a dead baby monkey.

 

“Chaeyoung? There was now a hint of worry in Mina’s voice as she starts poking the seemingly unconscious Chaeyoung. “I know you’re just playing me… get up…”

 

Mina nudges Chaeyoung but the girl still won’t move…

 

“Hey… this isn’t funny… get up… Chaeyoung? Chaeyoung?”

 

 Mina was starting to get filled with uneasiness…

 

“Chaeyoung?” Mina cups Chaeyoung’s cheek, tapping it softly but she still wouldn’t budge. “C’mon Chaeyoung… Chaeyoung…”

 

Gone now was the uneasiness and was replaced by dwindling hopelessness…

 

“Chaeyoung…” Mina whines in a hopeless tone.

 

Chaeyoung flutters her eyes slowly.

 

“M-Mina?”

 

And Mina growls as soon as she realized she got duped.

 

“Why you little br- ACCCCKKKK!!!”

 

Chaeyoung have now trap Mina in an embrace…

 

“You care for me?”

 

“I was just about to do the 911 on you… don’t take it personally…”

 

But Chaeyoung was convinced that it was something more than that, maybe she finally break through Mina’s wall.

 

“Ok…” Chaeyoung loosen her hold on Mina and she was surprised that Mina didn’t seem to squirm out. “I’m going to sing you a lullaby…"

 

Mina growls and plops on the other side of the bed.

 

“fine… suit yourself.”

 

Mina was about to fall asleep when suddenly…

 

AYO GG!

 

“What the?”

 

Mina widens her eyes and gave Chaeyoung an are u kidding me look.

 

Yeah yeah sijakhae bolkka?
 O-mo! Yae jom bwara yae
Museun iri isSakuratgillae meoril jallatdae? Eung?

 

“Are you seriously going to sing me I got a boy to sleep?”

 

“Oh… well…ok, another song? A more mellow one?”

 

“Just go to sleep, Chaeyoung…” Mina grumbles so hard, pounding her pillows in frustration. This girl is going to be the death of her. 

 

“Can I play my game?”

 

“What?”

 

“You know how some people read books to help them sleep? I play fruit ninja to help me go to sleep…”

 

Mina starts shaking her pillow and wonder if she could suffocate herself with it…

 

“Fine!”

 

 The very next minute Mina could hear the sound of the blade slashing through some fruits while Chaeyoung is singing along to B.A.P Warrior.

 

“What the hell? Do you have to sing along too?”

 

“Well… I need some badass music while I’m slashing my fruits.” Chaeyoung reasons out.

 

“You’re a fruit ninja for God’s sakes! There is nothing badass about that.”

 

“Hmmm… you just say that because you can’t do it.”

 

Mina sits up from her bed, this girl is obviously taunting her and Mina would not lose.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I dare you.” Chaeyoung taunts her some more…

 

Mina practically yank the IPAD from Chaeyoung’s hand. Chaeyoung scoots closer and sees the determine frown in Mina’s face.

 

“You lose.”

 

“Wait…” Mina pulls the IPAD away from Chaeyoung “There was a bomb in there.”

 

“That’s the point of the game to avoid the bombs.”

 

“No… it was my first time… let me do it again.”

 

“Fine…”

 

“I candothis…yes,icanMinafighting…” Mina was prepping herself, rolling her shoulders back as if getting ready for a battle.

 

“What so funny?”

 

“You’re talking to yourself.”

 

“You won’t be laughing when you lose…”

 

“Me?! Lose?! Oh please…”

 

The entire night the two battled it out, trying to outdo each other by slashing as much fruit as they can, avoiding bombs until their hands hurt.

 

“Mina?”

 

“Hmmm…” Mina answers while her mind is concentrated on slashing the fruit.

 

“Am I your first girlfriend?”

 

Mina didn’t know if Chaeyoung ask that on purpose, just so she would lose.

 

“Well… in a way you are…”

 

“Did you ever like someone?”

 

Mina wonders why Chaeyoung would even ask her that. Doesn’t that hurt when you find out that the one you like, likes somebody else?

 

“Ummm… actually I did.”

 

“What happened?”

 

Talking about him felt like a band aid being ripped open. You thought you're healed but truth was, the scar will always be there. 

 

“Well, ummm… actually there is this guy who was you know trying to woo me. But I guess it was my fault too because I was being too picky… and well… he gave up and ummm… you know…”

 

It hurt Chaeyoung hearing that and she wondered why she even ask. But in a way she was thankful, at least she knew.

 

“If he really liked you, he wouldn’t give up.”

 

“Some people have their limits.”

 

“I would never give up on you.”

 

Mina just nodded, not wanting to unearth pass hurts anymore.

 

“Mina?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Mina almost dump the IPAD to the ground after she heard Chaeyoung’s question. It didn’t make sense to her, but come to think of it… Chaeyoung almost never made sense.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Chaeyoung quickly bounce off the bed, taking Mina’s hand on hers.

 

“I know what happened between us was just some random luck, that in a way you were force into it.”

 

“C-Chaeyoung?”

 

“So, if you let me, if you give me a chance. I’ll prove to you that you’re worth the wait, that you’re worth the effort. I’m not like that guy, I’m not like anybody else.”

 

“I know.” Mina smiles tenderly.

 

Chaeyoung smiles back, before taking the IPAD back from Mina.

 

“How about you, Chaeyoung? You ever like somebody?”

 

“No… just you…”

 

“When did you even started liking me?”

 

That question made Chaeyoung pause for a little bit, trying to retrace back.

 

“Actually I don’t remember. It’s like I kept seeing you when I would come over your house, and I just gradually started liking you…”

 

“Without any reason?”

 

“You are the prettiest girl I have ever seen. I can’t stop looking until it got to the part that even if you’re not around, I still keep looking for you… I guess that’s when I realize that I do like you.”

 

Those words made Mina smile, she slid in to the spot next to Chaeyoung. She didn’t say it in words, but by her action she meant her thanks.

 

*

 

“Chaeyoung it’s your-” Mina turns around and found the usual hyperactive monkey have now fallen asleep. Mina just end up smiling just looking at her, Chaeyoung looks so peaceful in her sleep, so different from her usual energetic self.

 

“I guess you run out of battery too, huh?” Mina lifts up the blanket to cover Chaeyoung up. Chaeyoung mumbles something incoherently before draping her arms around Mina, snuggling closer to Mina.

 

Grrrrrrr….

 

Mina tries to nudge the other girl away, but like it’s magnetize, Chaeyoung would end up wrapping her arms around Mina again.

 

Grrrrrrr… fine…

 

Mina turns to the girl, Chaeyoung’s hair was all over her face that Mina, the OC that she is brushes Chaeyoung’s hair back.

 

She instantly cursed herself on why she did that. Almost instantly all the walls that she have build so steadily have easily came tumbling down the second she gets closer to Chaeyoung.

 

“You’re beautiful…” Mina admitted softly while she slowly cuddles closer to Chaeyoung.

 

Her lips were inches away from Chaeyoung and a part of her was begging to close the distance. A huge part of her was pushing her to kiss the sleeping girl, but before Mina could do it she stops.

 

Not because she didn’t want to kiss Chaeyoung, but because the girl was asleep. It wouldn’t be fair, and a part of her wanted to know how Chaeyoung would react if they kiss.

 

Mina could wait…

 

"Good night Chaeyoung..."

 

End of flashback…

 

*

 

“Do you know lemons contain more sugar than strawberries?”

 

“Really?

 

Mina turns away from the sky and to the girl sitting right beside her in the school rooftop.

 

“Yes… I learn that in fruit ninja. Actually I know a lot about fruits because of fruit ninja..”

 

“But you still don’t eat it.” Mina pointed out, handing the orange to Chaeyoung.

 

“It’s just that everytime I see a fruit I always have this urge to slice it.”

 

Mina smiles and turns her gaze back to the gorgeous cloudless sky.

 

“I’ll just eat it, because you give it to me,” Chaeyoung starts to peel the orange. “You want some?”

 

“I already ate mine… thanks though.”

 

“Mmmm… it’s really sweet… like it’s not orange-y at all.”

 

Mina chuckles at that…

 

“Not orangey?”

 

“You want so-“

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t finish with her question when the feel of Mina’s lips in her cheek, froze her. Chaeyoung immediately cups her blushing cheek, covering the part where Mina kissed her as if she’s scared that the kiss would fly away.

 

Chaeyoung quickly turns to the girl beside her and Mina’s gaze was down on her skirt. But even from the side it was obvious that Mina was blushing hard.

 

How could she not when she haven't done anything like this before? And here was Chaeyoung just making her do things she never thought she would.

 

“Mina?”

 

“Wha-“

 

This time it was Mina’s question that didn’t get to be finish as this time it was Chaeyoung who lay her lips tenderly on her.

 

Their first kiss was so gentle yet so loving, the kind of kiss the fairy tale princesses would be jealous of. But no matter how gentle it felt, their heartbeats were racing, beating loudly at every second their lips touch.

 

And Mina felt herself getting lost in their kiss, and whether the sweetness of it was from the orange or from Chaeyoung’s lips, Mina doesn’t know.

 

It’s not as if it mattered anyway. Because whether it would be from the orange or from something else, there is one thing Mina knows for certain and that’s Chaeyoung’s lips are the sweetest of them all.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Double :D