Chapter 14

I Don't Know

 

 

“Who are you calling?”

 

Yoona jabs a playful joke at her wife, after she saw the panic expression in the usual stoic face.

 

 “Chaeyoung… She told me she’s spending the night with Mina, so… Hey!”

 

A deep frown starts to form in Yuri’s face as Yoona pulls her phone away. The raven haired beauty showed her irritation by mumbling incessantly… But all Yoona has to do was wrap her arms around her wife’s lean shoulders and Yuri fell quiet.

 

And just that quickly, Yuri’s frown was replaced by a smile. She didn’t even try to figure out why. For her screw that phone, for her nothing in this world that she would rather hold than this girl right here.

 

“You know I remember when I was in junior in high school. There was this really, really, really hot sunbae that everyone is just crazy about…”

 

A cocky smirk starts to tug on the gorgeous lips of the raven haired beauty.

 

“Hmmm… I don’t remember anything in high school.” Yuri pouts thoughtfully “Except for this wonderful, wonderful girl who would just sit and read in the library… She was the only memory worth remembering…”

 

As they slowly sway to the sweet melodies of the song, they felt themselves being transported back in time where they were young and carefree.

 

  “I remember how she was always so bent over some book. I felt like I never stood a chance against those romance novels. So I started visiting the library more…”

 

Yoona’s mellow laugh starts to fill the air as she listens to Yuri recount those long, buried memories.

 

“But hey… that did you good cause you end up learning to read, right?” She wife.

 

“Oh yes… I finally learn to read my ABCs…” Yuri played along…

 

“Oh I remember… when this hot sunbae finally approached me… Ask me if I work there…”

 

“Pretty smooth, this hot sunbae…” Yuri pointed out.

 

“I told her no, but that I could help her if she needs anything.”

 

They continue to dance along to the rhythm. But this time, there were no exchange of words, instead they spoke their love through their sweet smiles and through their playful touches.

 

“It scared me when she asks me out, because she has this rep of being a big player.  I knew that if ever I was just a game to her, that it will really break my heart because I really like her.”

 

“It scared me too…” Yuri softly confessed, before she brushed away the loose strand of hair out of her wife’s lovely face. “It turned out this quiet library girl have quite a fanclub. I didn’t know how I match against all the others.”

 

“You didn’t match…”

 

Yuri frowns again, but just a peck on her lips and she was smiling again.

 

“You were the one they measured too… But one of my best memories of her, was during one of our dates. She was about to take me home, but it started raining so since were riding around on her motorcycle, we decided to take shed in this abandon beach house… You know what happened there?”

 

“Best night of your life?”

 

Yoona’s laugh started to echo around the room, her wife’s overwhelming love for herself still amused her til this day.

 

“I guess you can say that… How about you? Was it the best night of your life?”

 

“Hmmm?” Yuri pouts thoughtfully… “No… more of third?”

 

The revelation shock Yoona so much, that she froze on her spot.

 

“Third?!”

 

Yuri relishes the look of dismay from her gorgeous wife, but she loves her too much to keep this joke going.

 

“You know what the second and first one?”

 

Yoona just remain quiet, that Yuri tries to appease her wife by nuzzling her perfect nose against her wife’s.

 

“The second was when Sana and Chaeyoung were born…”

 

A soft, shy smile slowly spreads on Yoona’s lips after she heard her wife’s confession.

 

“So, what was the first?”

 

And Yuri smiled, knowing that since then until this very second; this woman was the sole reason for all the best things in her life.

 

“When that wonderful, wonderful girl in the library said I love you too.”

 

Just hearing those words out loud, made Yoona blush unconsciously.

 

“You still got it Son…” Yoona teases, hoping to hide her deep blush.

 

“Only for you Im…” She leans closer, pressing her soft lips on her wife’s fair skin. “By the way… we were in high school when we first did it?”

 

“Yes… I can’t believe you forget…”

 

“Oh babe… trust me I didn’t forget… It just I didn’t realize we were that young…”

 

“Yes… But we didn’t think we were young back then… Back to my point… What I’m trying to say is…What if I said no? What if I was too scared of getting my heart broken?”

 

Yuri ends up burying her face in her wife’s neck, just the thought of the love of her life saying no was enough to break her heart.

 

“I would forever be living in the what ifs… And you’re not going to be the love of my life anymore…”

 

Yoona kisses away the frown from the puppy eyed girl…

 

“You are going to be the one that got away… And I don’t want that for the girls. I want them to experience the happiness that you can only feel when you met that special one.”

 

Her long, graceful fingers start tiptoeing along her wife’s back. The touch no matter how subtle, still created a searing effect in Yuri’s skin.

 

“I guess so… But still… it’s different when it’s your kids… Like you know… they’re your kids… can’t they just stay that way? As kids?”

 

“I know it’s hard babe.  But I trust Chaeyoung… In fact, the way she looks at Mina reminded me of how this hot sunbae look at me back then…”   

 

“If that’s the case… then those two will be up all night, then.”

 

Yoona slaps her wife in the arm, after what she’s trying to imply.

 

“I mean up all night talking… geez… you look so angelic, but you’re super byun…” Yuri pokes fun at her wife.

 

They slowly started dancing again, arms still wrap around each other, the teasing smile still evident.

 

“Babe?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Our kids should never know that we started doing it in high school.”

 

“Yup… never… We don’t want them catching up to us…”

 

“Yes…” Yoona agreed. “As far as they should know, if they ever wondered it was during our first night after being married.”

 

“Yes… I agree to that.”

 

The two nodded at the same time, before doing a pinkie swear to confirm their agreement.

 

 ***

 

Sana could hardly contain herself as she saw Tzuyu slowly approaching her. It’s like one of those moments in those fairy tales or fan fiction. The kind of things you could only wish that someday would happen to you…

 

“TZUYU!!! LET’S DANCE!”

 

But of course on those fairy tales, ers don’t exist.

 

“Is that the girl you like?”

 

“What?!”  Sana turns around and found her mommy Yuri giving her that smug half grin. “Ummm well…”

 

Sana was scrambling trying to figure out a way to say it. It was quite awkward to talk about things like this to your mom.

 

“Don’t try to hide it kid…” Yuri ruffles her daughter’s honey blonde hair. “It’s obvious…”

 

“Gosh mom…” Sana mutters embarrassingly. “No need to be so blunt about it…”

 

“You know when I was in high school, I was this badass…”

 

“You beat up kids for their lunch money?”

 

“I don’t have to beat them up… They would offer it to me…”

 

Sana couldn’t help but smile at her mom’s uber pride at herself.

 

“I thought I could beat anything, beat anyone. But then I saw the most beautiful girl in the whole world right there in the library.”

 

“Wait? You went to the library?!”

 

“I was looking for the bathroom…” Yuri admitted… “But anyways, I saw her right there in the corner, reading I don’t know what she’s reading. But from then on, I started going to the library…”

 

“You were stalking her?”

 

“No…” The raven hair quickly dispels that idea. “I was admiring her from a distance! Can you let me finish my story?”

 

“Alright… alright…”

 

“Then, this guy started making a move on her.”

 

Sana bites her lower lip as she saw her mom frown from that awful memory.

 

“So, I said myself that I will never forgive myself if I ever lose myself to him. So, that day I ask her if she works there…”

 

“I guess it work, huh?”

 

“She was all over me after that.”

 

Yuri turns to her girl, talking with a few guests. They were older now, much older, but somehow everytime she looks at Yoona, it feels like it was the first time she saw her in the library. She was still as breathtaking, still so beautiful.

 

Yoona was used to being gaze upon and admired. But with Yuri, it was so different, just one look and she falters. Every time those dark brown eyes met hers, it was like she was falling all over again. It still felt like the first time they caught each other’s gaze in the library. Yuri still made her weak, Yuri still made her fall to her knees.

 

Sana found herself being awkwardly stuck in the middle, as her parents are doing their usual googly eye love stare.“You know what Sana? I’m getting sleepy…” Yuri stretches her tone arms, while yawning hoping to get the impression that she’s tired. “Me and your mom are going home…”

 

“Mom doesn’t look like she’s tired.” Sana pokes jokingly.

 

The two look over and Yoona still look so energize laughing with some guests.

 

“Yes she is!” Yuri frowns. “She’s just being polite.”

 

Yuri stood up, but not before patting her kid softly in the hair.

 

“Don’t end up regretting this day, when it could have been the best night of your life.”

 

***

 

Mina decided not to say a word and just curiously watch her choding, playing around with her ice cream sundae. She wanted to ask what was going on but she didn’t want to ruin the girl’s concentration.

 

She had never saw Chaeyoung’s face this serious. Her brow was all knitted together, her forehead all scrunched up as she was meticulously putting chocolate syrup on her vanilla ice cream.

 

"Ahhhh…” Chaeyoung squeals in a victorious glee. “TADA!”

 

Mina almost smashes her forehead in the table for thinking for a second about Chaeyoung being serious. Of course, her GF was making of all things a Bopa ice cream sundae.

 

“I always wonder why you like Bopa so much…”

 

Chaeyoung gingerly moves the ice cream sundae next to Mina, before pulling out her phone to take a picture of her two favorite toy.

 

“It’s okay Minariii… you will always be my favorite one.”

 

“I’m not wondering about that. It’s just that I have never known anybody who loves Bopa that much.”

 

“Well…” Chaeyoung said before taking a spoonful of bopa’s ear. “You know when I was young I always thought that mommy Yuri could defeat any monsters in the world. You know what? Come to think of it, I still think that way until now.”

 

“Ok…”

 

“But she travels a lot because of her job, so it’s just me, unnie and mommy Yoona left at home. I would always be so scared when she’s away, because I feel like monsters would come get us. So, one day after she traveled from Japan, she brought me this Bopa toy. And she said, that she told Bopa to be our bodyguard when she was away and I was never scared after that…”

 

Chaeyoung’s innocence was able to tug Mina’s heartstrings once again.

 

“And she also bought Sana unnie, a dookong. Now that I try to remember it, I don’t remember she bought mommy Yoona anything. But still they were so happy even if they ‘re sick.”

 

“Sick?”

 

“Yes… actually that was the first time that I notice them having those allergy bites.”

 

“Allergy bites?”

 

“Yes… It’s like everywhere on their neck and shoulders. One time I saw mommy Yoona wearing shorts and it’s even on her thighs!”

 

Chaeyoung says in disbelief, flailing her arms around in pure astonishment. Poor Mina could only cover her face with embarrassment. It befuddled her how someone as Chaeyoung could be quite innocent as she says.

 

“It’s like every morning it will only get worse, because there it is again… more than the day before!”

 

Mina’s ice cream was melting so fast with how intense she was staring at it.

 

 “It’s a good thing it’s not hereditary…”

 

The dark haired girl made a mental note to not be too rough when she and Chaeyoung would be- WHAT?!

 

She started wolfing down her sundae, hoping the effect of the ice cream could cool down her blushing cheeks. Why on Earth is she even thinking this way about someone as innocent as Chaeyoung? It feels like such a crime…

 

“So, where would we go next?”

 

“Anywhere you like…”

 

***

 

“How come I’m not surprise you brought me here?”

 

Mina pokes at the girl who looks so serious looking through the song list.

 

“Of course! you said you will make my wish come true… So, you have to sing to me…”

 

“But I already sang to you earlier.”

 

“Two lines don’t count, although your voice sounds so y. That’s why I feel like I need to hear more… And it’s my birthday… so… you have to do whatever I say…”

 

“Could I just sing to you, happy birthday?” Mina tries to get away from it.

 

“Nope…” Chaeyoung quickly answers “Ahhh… here you go… A song from the queen for my queen…”

 

Just seeing the title, made the uptight Mina raised a brow.

 

“Eat you up?”

 

“Uh… uh huh… uh huh… You don’t have to dance, just sing it…”

 

Mina could only exhale in defeat. She stood in front so motionless, she lifts the mic to her lips and started going along with the colored words in screen.

 

Boa- Eat you up

 

When I first saw you I knew nothing's like it used to be

Boy, you have got to be the finest thing in history

 

When she started “singing”, it sounded like Mina was reading a passage from the Holy Scripture.

 

“NO! NO! NO! NO!”

 

If Chaeyoung could rip out the plug for the karaoke machine she would. Mina just turned such a y song to something vanilla.

 

“That’s not how you sing that…”

 

“Why don’t you sing it?”

 

“I can’t…” Chaeyoung quickly declines.

 

“Why not?”

 

“It will destroy my innocent image.”

 

“Oh please…” Mina rolls her eyes at the girl’s excuse. “It’s just the two of us.”

 

“No… I have an image that I have to maintain. I could sing Wolf by Exo.”

 

“Oh singing Eat you up? Would destroy your image but singing Wolf wouldn’t?”

 

“It’s complicated… Are you ready, Mina?”

 

“Fine…”

 

***

 

"Omo! Omo! Omo! Omo!" Chaeyoung was flailing around so excitedly that she's making her and Mina's ferris wheel cab shake.

 

Mina squeezes the other girl's hand, hoping it will calm the girl. "Calm yourself." 

 

"Okay..." Chaeyoung still herself "Omo..." She says but this time she says it in a whisper.

 

Her girlfriend just smiles at Chaeyoung's hyperness, and Chaeyoung returns Mina's smile. Actually, there is no way she can't stop smiling. This wasnt just the best birthday she ever had, but also the happiest one...

 

When they reach the very peak, Chaeyoung could feel Mina's grip getting tighter. 

 

"Are you scared?"

 

"No.. of course not..."

 

Chaeyoung pulls her hand away from Mina, and wraps her girl in an embrace.

 

"Now you don't have any reason to be scared anymore."

 

"You're too sweet, don't you know that?"

 

Kekekekekeeke...

 

Chaeyoung chuckles, before burying her head in the crook of Mina's neck. But she slowly look up, when she felt a cold metal slipping on her finger.

 

"Happy Birthday, baby monkey..."

 

The birthday girl for once was frozen, as she saw the ring in her finger. 

 

And as the ferris wheel starts to descent back down to Earth, Chaeyoung slowly leans closer and press a thank you kiss on those ravishing red lips. 

 

A thank you for the ring, A thank you for the best birthday gift and a big thank you for choosing to love her.

 

****

 

The Elections

 

“So, do you hear it? Do you hear the difference?”

 

All Jeongyeon could hear was Momo’s continuous asking, as she asks Jeong to do a test run on her newly bought “EXPENSIVE” headphones.

 

 “Naaahhh…” Jeongyeon returns Momo’s 60 dollar headphones. “I don’t hear it, it sounded like your 20 dollar headphone.”

 

“NO IT DOESN’T!” Momo was fuming, shaking her expensive headphone in the air. “There is a huge difference! Can’t you hear the bass?”

 

“The bass?”

 

“You know that low, deep beats of the bass… Gosh!”

 

Momo crank the volume higher to make sure Jeongyeon would hear better.

 

“Do you hear it now? It’s like G Dragon is seducing you with his voice…”

 

“Sorry… I don’t…”

 

Momo yanks the headphones off her former bestfriend’s head.

 

 “You know what? Screw you and your awful hearing… I’m sure Minari here could hear the difference, right bud?”

 

“Hmmm?” Mina says absentmindedly. She should have known that the happy BFF sh*t moment won’t last long, and now they’re back to arguing again. She has grown so used to it, that she sometimes just tuned them out.

 

“What’s up with you?” Momo asks, taking advantage of Mina’s quietness by forking from Mina’s plate.

 

“Oh… ummm… nothing… I just received the proposal from the campaign parties, asking me about the campaign.”

 

Her friends all gulp at the same time, exchanging worried glances at each other.

 

“Is it that time of the year again?” Momo whispers cautiously.

 

“What?” Mina asks confusedly as she saw the expression on her friends faces.

 

“No offense Myoui… but you’re not really… ummm… how do I put it? You’re not nice. When it’s campaign season.”

 

“What?”

 

The two started to cower in their seat, as Mina stood up, high and mighty to prove her point.

 

“It’s just that there are too many things to do and-” Mina starts mumbling fast as she defends herself.

 

Jeongyeon clears and decide to let Mina know the truth.

 

“I think the thing with you Minari is, you don’t trust anyone. You have this stick shove up your hiney and you are quite a perfectionist.”

 

“Since when is being a perfectionist a bad thing?”

 

“No it’s not… But if you’re making people cry then that’s something.”

 

“So, Minari… you want to be president again?”

 

Mina wishes she has a clear cut answer to that. But truth was, she’s stuck in a boundary between what she likes and what people expected her to be like.

 

She could clearly say that Chaeyoung has a lot to do with all this confusion. Meeting and falling for the girl, it sort of made her realize about things she never thought she wanted. The simple things of hanging out with friends, going out on dates, movies, things that she constantly have to set aside for the sake of running the school.

 

Seeing Mina’s silence, gave Jeongyeon the chance to speak up.

 

“You know… no one is forcing you to run. And people would still respect you big time even if you’re not president anymore.”

 

“Yeah Minari… You know it’s time to be like a teenager in love, Just going out on dates with your lover girl and Hanging out with your sh*t friends.”

 

“Oh you guys are still not over that phase.”

 

***

 

Mina haven’t step in the coffeeshop but she already got flag down by the two girls sharing a milkshake by the corner booth.

 

“Hey Minari… come sit…” The exotic looking girl motions Mina to the opposite side of the booth. “Me and Narsha here will cut down to the chase, we decided to change or should we say tweak the campaigns this year.”

 

Mina politely bows to the waitress before turning back to the two in front of her.

 

“It’s like you two are already so sure that I’ll run again.”

 

“Of course you will… it’s like in your blood… you want to win, you want to lead.”

 

Mina decided not to reply anything to that…

 

“So, what is it about the campaign?”

 

“You know you’re running against Victoria again, right? That girl has so much fight in her,” The feistier girl chuckles in amusement. “But this campaign she might seem to have an edge against you.”

 

Hearing that out loud, finally got Mina’s full attention.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“She’s more visual.”

 

“Visual? By that you mean?”

 

Mina asks not sure what the two campaign managers are trying to say.

 

“People see her more…” Hyorin reasons out. “You know on dance numbers, singing presentations. While you, you’re running everything in the background.”

 

“But the thing is Minari-” Narsha took her straw out and started chewing thoughtfully. “Nobody notice that because everything you do is flawless and perfect. Of course if you mess up, they’ll tear you down. We are in an all girls school you know.”

 

“so, what do you want me to do? Mess up?” Mina taunts them sarcastically…

 

“No… We need you to be more visual.”

 

“I do welcome addresses every event. Doesn’t that count?”

 

“No…  unfortunately it doesn’t… So, we were thinking for the campaigns if you could ummm… perform?”

 

Mina didn’t need to ask what they are trying to emphasize, she knew exactly what they meant. She was fuming at the thought that she have to resort to such measures.

 

“I have won elections before without having to stoop that level.”

 

“Minari, I think you are forgetting were in an all girls school, you’re not running a country. This people won’t say hmmm… what can she do for our school? No… What they will think about is how much they see or even remember you.”

 

“No… I don’t feel the need to go that route.”

 

“Don’t be stubborn Minari… This is just university elections.”

 

“Give me a better reason than that, then maybe I will…” 

 

Mina stood up, gathering up all her stuff as she was ready to walk out.

 

“You know Minari…” Narsha spoke up. “Doesn’t mean you don’t agree with us, doesn’t mean were wrong.”

 

The raven haired girl didn’t hesitate to shot a stern glare at them.

 

“We want to win, Minari and if were not assured of that from our candidate. Don’t forget we still have the power to pull you out.”

 

“Narsha!” Hyorin hushed warningly. “Mina… she didn’t mean it that way.”

 

“No… if that’s how unnie feels, then go ahead. I’ll just take that as a challenge.”

 

***

 

“Minari?”

 

Mina had been locked up in the campaign office for days now. She look cool and composed compared to everyone running around for the campaigns, but deep inside she was scrambling, exhausted, pressured and frustrated.

 

“What is it?” Mina says after heaving a deep sigh.

 

Chaeyoung backpedaled a bit, trying to figure out a way to help Mina out. It was just the third day of campaign week but she could see how Mina’s composure was starting to slip.

 

“Is there anything I could do for you?”

 

“No…”

 

Mina says blankly. She let out a low growl before scratching out and crumpling the hundredth draft of her campaign speech.

 

“Do you need help with your campaign speech?” Chaeyoung grabs her favorite swivel chair and swiveled next to Mina. “I could listen to it.”

 

“Chaeyoung please…” Mina starts massaging her forehead, hoping it will relieve the massive headache that’s building up. “Later, okay?”

 

“Would you like me to get you some drink?”

 

“I’m not thirsty.”

 

Mina sounded more annoyed now, not necessarily at Chaeyoung but with the pressure of the campaign, the little work that has been done, and everything else that will eventually would be blamed on her.

 

“Minari… I could…” Chaeyoung reaches out to massage Mina’s shoulder.

 

“Chaeyoung just stop, ok!” Mina’s hand flew slapping Chaeyoung’s hands away harshly…

 

Mina didn’t mean to do it, but it was too late for that now. She saw Chaeyoung’s round eyes wide in both fear and hurt. There was a red mark on Chaeyoung’s hand, and Mina didn’t even realize how hard she hit the girl. Chaeyoung softly caress the mark, hoping to soothe it away. But it wasn’t really the mark that hurt her, but it was the feeling that Mina wants nothing to do with her.

 

“Okay, I’ll go…”

 

***

 

Sakura knows that she has more ties to Mina, since she’s her sister and all. But still she couldn’t forgive her sister for hurting her bestfriend like that.

 

“Don’t worry, Sakura,” Chaeyoung pretends to smile. “Mina is just so busy.”

 

“That’s not a good excuse.”

 

“Vote for Victoria So- Oh…”

 

The fox faced girl’s lip creep into a devious half smile.

 

“If it isn’t the y pokemon…”

 

Chaeyoung didn’t have time or the strength to argue or flip anybody’s skirts right now.

 

“You know I could forgive you if you vote for me.” Victoria said smugly, shaking her pamphlet at Chaeyoung.

 

“No way…” Chaeyoung shakes her head hard.

 

“Why the sad face? Oh I know… You and the el presidente fought, huh?”

 

“Don’t mind her, Chaeng.” Sakura pulls Chaeyoung away.

 

“You know I do admit that Myoui Mina is quite an amazing president. If I wasn’t running against her, I might vote her… key word there is might.”

 

“Whatever…” Chaeyoung huffs.

 

But Victoria is far from done…

 

“Myoui Mina might be an amazing president, but she makes such a lousy girlfriend, don’t you think?”

 

“Chaeng…” Sakura pulls Chaeyoung away, sensing how Chaeyoung was inches from flattening Victoria’s face with her fist. “She’s not worth it.”

 

Victoria flashes a victorious smug grin when she saw the defeated form of the baby deer. But just when she’s ready with her campaign.

 

“ACCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!”

 

She screeches as once again the y pokemon just flips her skirt, showing her polka dot undies to the school.

 

***

 

“I think you have more serious issues than the elections.”

 

Momo regretted being so straightforward to her bestfriend, but she knew that with Mina there was no point sugarcoating things.

 

“Not now, Momo, please…”

 

But Momo might have hearing problems because she didn't walk away, instead she walk into the office and sat beside Mina.

 

“So, what did the girl do to you?”

 

Mina refuse to answer Momo’s question or even met her gaze.

 

“Nothing… Why you talk to her?”

 

“No… Pffttt…” Momo leans confidently on the swivel chair and almost fall backwards, good thing Mina got a quick reflex to pull her back.

 

“Are you kidding me? You know you can’t do no wrong for Chaeyoung, no matter what a jerk you are.”

 

Mina was shaken with Momo’s word but didn’t bother to argue back.

 

“Why are you so worried about pleasing the other people who don’t give a damn about you? Than the people who care so much about you?”

 

Finally Mina looks up, Momo was expecting Mina to lash at her. The girl was known to be stubborn but for once, Mina look wounded like she was in the brink of falling.

 

“I wish I know…”

 

Momo then smacks her hand on top of Mina’s papers.

 

“Then, forget about this for a second and fix what you need to fix.”

 

“Unnie! I’m glad you’re still here!”

 

It was the hyper active Hara, kind hearted, doll face but a bit of an airhead.

 

“Hey Hara…”

 

“It just came in!!! It’s bigger than I thought… So, go look out the window! Quick! Quick!”

 

Both Mina and Momo’s jaw drops as Hara happily pointed to a gigantic trampoline outside on the school grounds.

 

Oh my God… Hara… what is that?”

 

“You told me to order for a trampoline for your campaign… So TADA!!!”

 

Momo holds on to Mina, feeling that Mina was about to collapse at any second.

 

“No… Hara… I said a TARPAULIN NOT A TRAMPOLINE!”

 

“Oh… now that I think about it, I do think it’s strange to have a trampoline for elections.”

 

But Hara who’s glass is always half full like her brain, saw a positive thing for all of this.

 

“Well… you can use that for your campaign… Vote for Mina and jump for joy!”

 

Mina just starts shaking her head, before slowly getting up.

 

“Excuse me for a second…”

 

The presidentiable was almost dragging herself out of the room…

 

“Are you going to try it out, unnie?”

 

***

 

“Mina?”

 

Chaeyoung peeks in the room and sees Mina hunched over a banner. She was sure she called her loudly, but Mina didn’t even look up. Was she irritating Mina that much that she can’t even bear look at her?

 

Of course that wasn’t Mina’s real reason. Before, Mina no matter how harsh or cruel, she stands by her every action and decision, knowing that a person needs to sacrfice for the sake of things to be better.

 

But not this time, she knew she hurt the girl without any good reason. The girl who only gave her the full support and whole hearted love has to be hurt in the process.  Chaeyoung didn’t deserved it, for once Mina could say she didn’t deserve Chaeyoung.

 

 “Unnie said you will still be here... I… I just came to bring you coffee… I’m ahhhh… going now…”

 

“No Chaeyoung…”

 

Chaeyoung looks back at Mina. Mina’s gaze was still lock on the banner but this time, her hand was still as she stops painting.

 

“Do you want to stay?”

 

Mina didn’t even have to ask, for Chaeyoung there is no other place she would stay than beside her.

 

“I promise I will be quiet…” Chaeyoung says before crouching on the floor next to Mina.

 

“No… you don’t have too…” Mina finally dared to look up.

 

Chaeyoung felt her heart breaking when she saw Mina’s face. She had never seen Mina look so exhausted. Bags were starting to form under Mina’s eyes, and Mina couldn’t even keep her eyes open.

 

Right now, Chaeyoung wished she could take Mina away from there.

 

“I miss your voice…” Mina’s confession sounded faint and faded, but Chaeyoung heard her loud and clear.

 

“I miss you too… You’re making your own banner?”

 

“Ummm yes… I don’t want to ask for extra budget from the party for campaign materials especially since the money that’s supposed to be used for a tarpaulin, ending up in a trampoline.”

 

The paintbrush fell from Mina’s fingers, and her hand quickly flew to her forehead. She could feel herself shaking, whether from exhaustion or from frustration or maybe from a potent mix of both.

 

She had never felt so defeated until now that it made her wonder if she had always been this weak. That all that image that she made herself believe; how she was cold and strong was nothing more but some illusion she was trying to perfect.  

 

And no matter how hard she tried to kept in, it’s as if everything has crumbled. The wall that she have build have collapse. She must have look so pathetic right now, back heaving, tears falling mercilessly and nothing she could do to stop it.

 

Ra. d- I cry when you cry

 

Until Chaeyoung pulled her in her arms…

 

It didn’t stop the tears, but instead she cried even more…

 

“I feel like everything that could go wrong is happening, and I try to hold it in. But I cant…” Mina lays her head in Chaeyoung’s chest, clutching tightly on Chaeyoung’s blouse.

 

“You don’t have to deal with everything on your own. I’m here… The unnies are here, Sakura is here… You can talk to us, and no one will ever see you as weak.”

 

Chaeyoung never knew if it was enough, if any words will ever be enough to soothe Mina. So, she did what she knew she could do, and that was to hold Mina, and make her feel like she will never be alone.

 

“I feel like I’m falling apart sometimes and it scares me so much, that I could never get back up. I’m so scared of failing, because I don’t know if I’m ever good enough to be given a second chance.”

 

Mina weakly confesses, pulling closer to Chaeyoung...

 

“When people will tell you that, just remember you have us, you have me. That’s why I’m here, to take care of you when you feel you can’t go on anymore… ”

 

“I’m so sorry… I’m so sorry for hurting you. I feel like I don’t deserve you.”

 

“No please…” Chaeyoung says pleadingly… “Don’t ever say that…” She press a light kiss on Mina's hair. “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you…”

 

Mina couldn’t see Chaeyoung’s face, but from the wavering of Chaeyoung’s voice it was obvious that the girl was crying too…

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

Mina sits up from their embrace, pulling away a bit to wipe Chaeyoung’s tears away.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

Never have Mina seen those round eyes filled with so much sadness… Chaeyoung lowers her gaze to the floor, hoping it could help stop her tears.

 

“Because I…Because I… Because it hurt me to see you cry…”

 

Mina slowly tilts Chaeyoung’s chin, before once again brushing those tears falling from those baby eyes. The older girl leans closer, before slowly laying her lips gently on Chaeyoung’s.

 

It was just a soft brush on the lips, but still it was a kiss that was enough to mend the broken pieces between the two. Mina smile through their kiss, running her fingers in Chaeyoung’s hair before leaning once again to capture those lips.

 

And this kiss felt much different…  This kiss lingered more… as if savoring everything the other girl could offer, yet at the same time, wanting to pour out in their kiss all the love that they ever had for their girl.

 

Fingers start to tangle in each other’s locks, two hearts quickly beating as one, exchanging breaths as well as exchanging whispers of love, wants and needs.

 

 “Thank you so much for loving me…” Mina says. “I want to be the girl that you’ll love forever…”

 

Before she could take Chaeyoung’s lips on hers, she softly whispers…

 

“I love you so much, Chaeng…”

 

Now and for always…

 

***

 

Mina was pretty sure she wasn’t sleeping on the couch, so how she ended up over there surprised her. But then she saw the strawberry jacket that was warming her and she didn’t need to look far to figure it out.

 

She tries to sit up, stretching to relieve her aching muscles. Before she saw Chaeyoung, hunched over, painting the banner.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

“Oh… you’re awake…”

 

“I didn’t even know I fell asleep…”

 

“Kekeke… you must be so tired…”

 

Mina stood up, walking over to Chaeyoung before wrapping the younger girl in an affectionate back hug.

 

“I feel much better… Thank you…”

 

“I’m glad… How is it?”

 

Mina smiles as Chaeyoung have her banner almost done.

 

“You’re quite the artist yourself…”

 

“Kekeke…. I just painted it…”

 

“Here…” Mina took a sharpie and in the corner of her banner, before she carefully drew something.

 

“It’s Bopa!!!” Chaeyoung squeals in glee.

 

“Yup…” Mina leans close, nuzzling on Chaeyoung’s nose.  “It will just be our little secret… Just between you and me, this is my I love you to you…”

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t going to be alone and quickly drew penguin besides Bopa…

 

“I love you too…”

 

***

 

“Jeong?”

 

“Oh hey Minari…”

 

Jeongyeon for once wasn’t the evil genius that she usually is, instead she look like she genuinely worried about her friend.

 

 Are you feeling okay?”

 

For the longest time that Jeongyeon knew Mina, she never thought she would see a smile from the girl during elections.

 

“Better than anything else… Could I ask your help for anything?”

 

Jeongyeon was smiling, glad that she could help.

 

“Anything for you, bud…”

 

***

 

Chaeyoung’s smile must be infectious, because just by looking at her and Sakura couldn’t help but smile too.

 

They were just standing by the door of the auditorium, while students are starting to flood in for the campaign.

 

Her bestfriend was standing by the door, looking at her unnie’s banner with such pride.

 

“You ready to come in?”

 

***

 

“There she is…” Nayeon points to Sana who was already settled in one of the seats. “Go sit by her…”

 

“Ok… Do I say something?”

 

“Start with a hi…”

 

Nayeon pats Tzuyu in the shoulders, like a coach prepping up his player for a big game.

 

“Go for it, girl…”

 

Tzuyu starts stepping on people’s toes as she squeezed to get to the spot beside Sana. Of course people were muttering angrily at her, but she couldn’t pay any attention. She was busy rehearsing her line…

 

“Start with a hi… start with a hi… start with a hi… start with a Hi…”

 

“Oh Tzuyu?” Sana shook a bit, seeing Tzuyu standing so stiffly in front of her. “Hey…”

 

Start with a hi… Start with a hi… start with a hi…

 

“Start with a hi…”

 

“What?”

 

Tzuyu robotically plops beside Sana…

 

Go for it, girl… go for it girl… go for it girl…

 

“Go for it girl…”

 

Sana’s jaw drop, wondering what Tzuyu is trying to say…

 

“Ummm… okay… Go for it…”

 

***

 

“Hey Kid…” Momo and Jeongyeon were able to squeeze themselves beside Chaeyoung.

 

“Hi unnie…”

 

“Here…” Jeongyeon plants the napkin box on Chaeyoung’s lap…

 

“What do I need this for?”

 

“Just wait…” Jeongyeon chuckles…

 

Chaeyoung didn’t bother thinking about it, and instead just kept her focus up front. Her Mina look so much rested now. She was just sitting there while Victoria was up in the podium, doing her best Mina expression,  yet she couldn’t even come close.

 

Her whole speech was more of undermining Mina’s whole presidential effort the year ago, than saying what she could do for the school.

 

“So, when you cast your ballots tomorrow, just remember one thing. That’s it not me who can create this change, but you. Ladies of this university, it’s time for a change.”

 

That was Victoria’s last line, casting a smug grin across Mina’s way as people started clapping.

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes narrowed into slits… This girl was asking for it…

 

But Mina like always remain unfazed at the challenge. She stood up and the whole room fell quiet. Everyone just observing her every move and her every breath.

 

“Thank you Victoria…”

 

The moment Mina’s lips curve into a half grin, it’s like the entire audience was about to die from nosebleed.

 

“And I have to say I agree with my opponent, it is time for a change.”

 

The whole room was suddenly filled with hushed voices. What is the possibility of that?

 

“For the past year I did what I think would be great for our school, but if I’m given another opportunity to serve you as your president. Things will change, because now, I Myoui Mina will become YOUR president. Your voices, your opinions to what will be the best choice for our school will not only be heard, but be taken action.”

 

The whole room erupted with applause, and from the sound of booming clap it was obvious who would win.

***

 

“Okay after hearing our presidentiables with their speeches… How about a little treat to shake things up a little?”

 

Everyone started cheering loudly…

 

“First up we have Victoria, giving all of us a good jolt with her performance of Electric shock…”

 

Victoria followed by her posse was ready to rock the stage.

 

No one can deny that Victoria is quite a powerful performer. Mina has to give credit to both Narsha and Hyorin because by the sound of everyone’s cheering, it’s like all it take to win was a badass comeback.

 

Good thing she was ready for that…

 

It wasn’t only Victoria who threw a smug grin her way, but one of Mina’s jilted admirers, Amber who shrugs at Mina.

 

After the audience settled down, the MC started fixing her tie before turning her head towards Mina’s direction.

 

“Now for our next performer, what do we have here? Our very own president gracing her with our dance moves?”

 

“Huh?” Victoria couldn’t help but raise her brow.

 

But it wasn’t just her who looks confused. Every face in the crowd has a derp expression, scratching their head as they wonder if they heard the right thing.

 

Myoui Mina dancing?

 

Mina herself didn’t knew what she was thinking, she closes her eyes mumbling a silent prayer as she gets ready to set the stage.

 

When she opens her eyes it was so easy to find that one girl. Among the hundreds of faces, one stood out for Mina and as she sees Chaeyoung’s proud smile, she knew she could handle anything.

 

The moment Mina step foot on stage, it’s like along with every beat, she was shedding her old skin for a new one.

 

Gone was the serious, uptight Mina, and right there for everyone to see and clamor, was the birth of a sensual and confident Myoui Mina.

 

Boa- Eat you up

 

When I first saw you I knew nothing's like it used to be

Boy, you have got to be the finest thing in history

 

 

Jaws dropping, drool dripping and to think everyone in that room were girls, but they might as well turn into hormonal boys.

 

Nobody knew that Mina had it in her, her moves were so fluid and sensual. Hearts pounding out of their chest everytime her hand glides on her body, everytime she swayed and do her body wave.

 

I'll eat you up, your love, your love

I'll eat you up, your love, your love

I'll eat you up, so yum yum

Can't get enough, I think I'm in love

 

But it wasn’t just her moves that were driving everyone mad, her husky voice adding a whole new level of iness to it.

 

You look so tasty, I could eat you up alive…

 

It was a line, Mina made sure Chaeyoung knew was for her…

 

Mina gaze straight into those round eyes, teasing her with a seductive half grin. Poor Chaeyoung couldn’t contain herself, as she felt herself about to have an internal combustion right then and there…

 

I wannai take you to my room

I'll eat you up

Wanna take you to my room

I'll eat you up, so yum yum

Can't get enough, I think I'm in love

 

 

Truth was, Mina didn’t have to sing that part. Because everyone in that room was ready to be shackled, chained and taken hostage if they could get a chance to be in Mina’s room.

 

“Wow…” Momo starts fanning herself with her shirt… “I think everyone just had a Minagasm right there…”

 

“Stop inventing words… Momo…”

 

Jeongyeon hushed her friend, but from the look from everybody’s faces Jeongyeon had to admit that Momo was right.

 

And from everyone’s reaction, they don’t need to know who won, it was obviously a landslide.

 

***

 

“TO MINA-YAH!!! MAY SHE EAT US ALL UP!!!”

 

Everyone pause their glasses up in the air, wondering if it was appropriate to toast to that.

 

“That’s the last time you will do the toast, Momo… Anyways… Congratulations to the best president, Myoui Mina…”

 

 This time everyone clink glasses at Jeongyeon’s words.

 

“Can you do a private dance for us, Minari?” Momo bats her lashes and pouts cutely, hoping to win over Mina with her aegyo.

 

“Hey! Don’t bet on that…” The serious Mina came back. “It’s a one-time thing…”

 

“Oh c’mon Mina.. we are all friends here…”

 

“Come on Mina!!! Eat us!!! Eat us…”

 

Mina completely ignored everyone’s jokes and just gulp down her drink.

 

But as much as she was being taunted, she had to admit there is nowhere else she would rather be. The campaign party told her that they prepared a victory dinner for her, but she politely decline. For her, her victory should be spend with the people she loves.

 

Business and politics just have to take a reservation…

 

“C’mon any takers? The karaoke machine is waiting… Oooohhh… Sana… You’re like some major singer…”

 

Chaeyoung turns proudly at her sister, urging her unnie to go up the front.

 

“C’mon unnie!!!! Gooo…”

 

Momo presses the random button and with neon letters bolded out Lost in love.

 

“Ooohhh… come here and make Sanayeon shippers happy and sing this with Nayeon…”

 

Before Nayeon can go on stage, the sound of wood breaking got her attention. She slowly crane her neck sideways, and gulp as there in Tzuyu’s grip was a chopstick snapped in two.

 

“Ummm well…”

 

Nayeon swore she saw fire in Tzuyu’s eyes. Sana was already up in front, shuffling her foot as she waits for Nayeon.

 

“Wow… Nayeon is being shy for once… If you wouldn’t do it, I’ll do it…”

 

Momo proudly walks up, towering over Sana.

 

“Hold on…” Momo took a deep breath… “Let me channel my dramatic side… Before performing this heartbreaking song…”

 

She closes her eyes and starts vocalizing…

 

“Alright I’m ready…”

 

Meanwhile Sana didn’t have to go through such lengths, because the moment she sang, she brought every emotion to the song. No one was heart broken that time, but every girl in that room felt like they just lost the love of their life as they listen to Sana sing…

 

Taeny- Lost in love

 

Urin jigeum jeongmallo heeojin geolkka 
anim yagsog handaero jamsi meoreojin geolkka
naneun i jeongdomyeon 
chungbunhi doen geot gateunde 
wae amureon sosigi eobtneun geolkka 

 

Nayeon wondered if Tzuyu won’t be violent with Momo, since the girl is obviously much smaller than her. But obviously she was wrong, because before Momo could even raise the mic to sing, Tzuyu have already run her down to the ground.

 

Everyone couldn’t understand what they just saw…

 

Tzuyu took the mic away from Momo. to make sure the other girl won’t stand up to ruin this precious and rare SaTzu moment, Tzuyu sits on Momo as she sings…

 

 

neoreul saranghae

kkeutdo eobtneun gidarimirado

gwaenchanha

niga nareul dasi chajeul ttaemyeon eonjena

neoreul hyanghae uSakura jul su itneunde

 

 

But Momo won’t be defeated.  She was a performer dammit! She was a member of Sh*t, she need to show people she could overcome anything, even a girl sitting on her back… So, before Tzuyu could sing, Momo cut through her part and sings the next line.

 

Ajigdo adadeuril su eobtneun geolkka

niga kkeonaetdeon yaegin ibyeoreul dollyeo marhan geot

naneun godigod daero bada deurigo sipeo

neoneun jigeum mueol hago isseulkka

 

“What on Earth is happening?”

 

That was the question in everyone’s mind as now Tzuyu is trying to wrestle Momo.

 

“Karaokes are so much fun…”

 

Jeongyeon settles on her seat, enjoying the show.

 

“Right, Mi-?”

 

But it seem that Mina and Chaeyoung were away from all this chaos, Jeongyeon looks around the room and finally spot where MiChaeng might be.

 

She was smiling as she saw in the terrace, secretly tucked away in their own world were Mina and Chaeyoung. The two were wrap in each other’s embrace, swaying slowly as if they’re dancing to a song only the two of them could hear.

 

Even from a distant from the look of their laughs to their loving gaze, it was obvious that the two couldn’t be more in love.

 

Jeongyeon couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought. If you ask her a few months ago, if Mina will be slow dancing in Momo’s balcony, she would laugh straight at your face.

 

 But now her answer couldn’t be more different, because there was her buddy, trapped in a world where only her and Chaeyoung could be a part of.

 

It seems like the title of the song is appropriate for the lovers, because Jeongyeon don’t think she knew anybody who’s as lost in love as the two.