Chapter 17

I Don't Know

 

 

“My bear?”

 

 

Usually whenever Chaeyoung utters the embarrassing nickname, Mina would react either blatantly or subtly. Sometimes Mina would yell at Chaeyoung, or just roll her eyes and let Chaeyoung be the choding that she is.

 

 

But this time Mina didn’t even move a single muscle.

 

 

“Minari?”

 

 

Still nothing…

 

 

“Mina?”

 

 

The student council office is filled with buzzing voices, except for Mina who looks too focus at her task at hand.

 

 

It seems like after that incident, Mina developed some kind of hearing problem or more specific she becomes deaf whenever Chaeyoung is calling for her.

 

 

Everyone seems to notice this, except for Chaeyoung because here she is, like a puppy still whimpering and whining to get her master’s attention.

 

 

“Mi-“

 

 

“What is it Chaeyoung?”

 

 

Everyone knew better and shut their mouth when they heard the stern tone in Mina’s voice. Even Chaeyoung got the hint that Mina wants nothing to do with her.

 

 

But even if Chaeyoung didn’t say anything, her eyes revealed more than she’s intending to show. Mina’s voice sounded so sharp that it was enough to cut through Chaeyoung’s breaking heart.

 

 

“I-I-I’m just wondering if there is something I could do to help?”

 

 

“You’re not part of the student government, so don’t worry about it.”

 

 

Mina snapped at her again, and this time Chaeyoung got the idea. Mina did not want her there, or more specifically does not want her breathing the same air she does.

 

 

“Oh okay.” Chaeyoung forced a smile, unfortunately Mina was too engrossed on gathering her stuff that she didn’t see the pained look in Chaeyoung’s face.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Chaeyoung could only manage a little squeak.

 

 

“Mina?“

 

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t tell if it was the distance, or Mina’s hearing problem why Mina ignored her again. Or maybe she did heard her perfectly, she just doesn’t care.

 

 

***

 

 

But Mina does care, she just doesn’t have the will to admit it.

 

 

Looking back at Chaeyoung was an unconscious habit that grew out of nowhere. Everytime she and Chaeyoung part ways, something inside Mina would urge her to look back.

 

 

And today was no different…

 

 

Even if Mina tries to stop herself, still she couldn’t help it. When she saw Chaeyoung’s slump state right there in the hallway, how she wished she fought herself not to look back.

 

 

Does she really have the right to get mad at Chaeyoung? The girl didn’t do anything wrong, yet Mina is punishing her like she threw a puppy in a river. But the question is, if Chaeyoung didn’t do anything wrong, why does it hurt so bad?

 

 

***

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Their kiss feels like the loveliest feeling in this world. It started out so innocently, they kiss a couple of times but for Chaeyoung every kiss felt like a first kiss. Her girl’s lips tasted so good that the younger girl is willing to give up every food known in the entire universe if it meant kissing her forever.

 

 

Chaeyoung was lost in their kisses, but all it took was the feeling of someone fidgeting with the button on her blouse to shook her back to reality.

 

 

“M-Mina?”

 

 

Chaeyoung shifts uncomfortably as Mina’s deft fingers have already move to the second one.

 

 

“What’s wrong baby?”

 

 

“W-what are we doing?!”

 

 

“What do you think we’re doing?”

 

 

“I… I…I… I don’t know.” Chaeyoung embarrassingly admits. But somewhere locked behind the back of her brain, a thought suddenly starts to seep in.

 

 

This scene looks so familiar but she can’t pinpoint where she saw it until…

 

 

Is this what she accidentally saw in her Sana unnie’s laptop?

 

 

Or what she saw in that anime?

 

 

But it’s different now. It’s not something that is happening in front of a monitor or pages of a manga. It’s happening here and now… and worse it’s happening to her.

 

 

“OMO!” Chaeyoung gasps in shock. “Are we… are you and me?! Wait… are we about to…”

 

 

Mina looks up, flashing a playful grin at the lost deer.

 

 

“Don’t worry…” Mina gently nibbles in Chaeyoung’s neck. “Just be with me right now and I’ll take care of you.”

 

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know if it was the huskiness in Mina’s voice or her words to be more exact; but Chaeyoung could feel herself about to spontaneously combust. She was defenseless over Mina’s voice, kisses, defenseless against Mina.

 

 

“Relax baby…” Mina whispers huskily.

 

 

But saying and doing it are two very different things. Chaeyoung is practically hyperventilating as Mina place open mouth kisses on her chest. Chaeyoung never felt so lost, what does she do now? Should she just lay there flat? Should she help Mina?

 

 

Mina pushes herself back up again, ready to launch kisses in Chaeyoung’s lips. But just as she was ready to kiss Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung shot upright, accidentally smashing her forehead against Mina’s.

 

 

“Ow…” Mina flinches as Chaeyoung almost knock her cold with a headbutt.

 

 

“Oh shoot…” Chaeyoung quickly sat up, rubbing Mina’s red forehead. “I’m sorry… so sorry…”

 

 

“No it’s okay.” Mina laughs embarrassingly. “How about you? Are you okay?”

 

 

“I’m okay…” Chaeyoung gives Mina two thumbs up and cheerful smile, hoping to convince Mina.

 

 

“Good…” Mina smiles shyly. “Are you nervous?”

 

 

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

 

 

“Ummm… no…” Chaeyoung widely grin, hoping it could cover up her lie. “Of course not… why would be I nervous when I’m with you?”

 

 

“Oh…” Mina says in relief. “Okay…”

 

 

Chaeyoung clears as Mina scoots closer. The young cubr’s jaw fell hard to the ground as Mina slowly pulls her shirt off, it’s too slow it’s almost torture.

 

 

The moment when Mina’s shirt fell to the ground, it was then that Chaeyoung felt all her insides just exploded.

 

 

“ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!”

 

 

“Chaeng?”

 

 

But Mina did not get to hear Chaeyoung’s answer as the younger girl just literally falls off the bed, scrambling to get out of the bathroom.

 

 

***

 

 

As soon as Chaeyoung was in the bathroom, she didn’t waste time banging her head for being the epic fail that she is.

 

 

And with every word she says, she bangs her head hoping to shake in some answer.

 

 

“Why? Am? I? Such? A? Fail?”

 

 

She looks up at the mirror, and the only answered she receive from her reflection was an equally confused gaze.

 

 

“Why are we such an epic fail?” She asked her reflection. “This is what I want to happen right? Right?”

 

 

But Chaeyoung was smart, knowing that her reflection won’t give her the answer anytime soon. It’s up to her to man up and face the challenge.

 

 

“I’m going to be with Myoui Mina, yes I’am! No need to fear…”

 

 

The cub starts prepping herself as she walks back to the bedroom.

 

 

“I can do this! YES I CAN! CHAEYOUNG FIGHTING!”

 

 

She pulls a few punches, ready to get back in the ring again.

 

 

“I can do this!”

 

 

But she haven’t even step into the bedroom, when the sight of Mina just paralyzed her. Myoui Mina the girl who don’t realize how sensual she is, was just right there lying in bed, looking through her phone.

 

 

Chaeyoung just stood there, her heart skip a beat, her breath being taken away. It took her awhile to be brought back down to Earth and when she did, she realized one thing.

 

 

She was not worthy of being with a Goddess.

 

 

“Chaeng?”

 

 

The round eyed girl shakes her head to clear her senses.

 

 

“I ummm…”

 

 

“What are you standing there for silly?” Mina chuckles softly at the girl.

 

“Ummm…”

 

 

Mina stood up from her spot, every step she takes forward, Chaeyoung takes one step back.

 

 

“Come to bed…”

 

 

“A.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.aa.a.a.a.hhhhhhh…. I……I…I…I…I can’t move.”

 

 

Mina stops on her tracks, looking at the younger girl in confusion.

 

 

“What do you mean you can’t move?”

 

 

“I mean… I’m ahhhh… Ahhh Stuck… I can’t…”

 

 

Chaeyoung does looks stuck, her fingernails clawing hard on the door, as if she’s about to enter a monster’s lair.

 

 

“Chaeyoung? It’s okay…”

 

 

But it wasn’t…

 

 

And the second that Mina touch Chaeyoung, Chaeyoung suddenly jumped up from her spot and starts backpedaling.

 

 

“No… no…” Chaeyoung crawls away from Mina.

 

 

“Chaeyoung…” Mina sounded both annoyed and frustrated. “Get up. C’mon.”

 

 

“No! Don’t touch me… please… I… I can’t do this! I can’t! ACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!”

 

 

Mina just stood on her spot trying to decipher what had just happened. All that was left now was the memory of Chaeyoung just crawling away from her.

 

 

She should have just chased after the girl, hoping to talk this all out. But right now, Mina felt like she lost the strength.

 

 

Mina just ends up hobbling back to her room, sitting in bed as she kept on replaying those last seconds with Chaeyoung. But instead of figuring out answers, all Mina is left with are questions.

 

 

Myoui Mina was always top in people’s list as the iest and someone who would be great in bed. Many would think of it as a compliment but for Mina it was awkward. She doesn’t feel comfortable around people imagining these things with her. That is why she did what she can to deter people from that direction. She tried to be cold and kept her boundaries high to make sure no one gets the wrong idea.

 

 

That thought scares her so much, until Chaeyoung came into her life.

 

 

No matter how she pushed the younger girl, Chaeyoung seem to only take it as a challenge to fight harder. Chaeyoung was irritating her to the core at the beginning, but after sometime Chaeyoung showed Mina something that Mina have never seen or known before.

 

 

The cub made her smile at the worse times, she was patient even when Mina was being harsh, and when Mina needs someone to lean on, Chaeyoung has always been there for her. Chaeyoung showed Mina how great it is to have someone love her… Truly… Madly and Deeply…

 

 

And with that thought in mind, Mina realized that she was ready.

 

 

She was in love and she knew that even if her first time with Chaeyoung would turn out horrible or awkward, at least she knew she did it with the one she truly loves.

 

 

Now the thought of Chaeyoung running away from her flashes in her mind again. If Chaeyoung loves her, then why did the younger girl looks so disgusted at what they’re about to do?

 

 

Did she have the wrong idea? Did Chaeyoung even want this? Or was it just her?

 

 

For now, Mina is not sure if she had the courage to try and find out, or better yet she’s not sure if she has the heart to know the truth.

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

***

 

If there is one thing everyone in the university looks forward to, it’s the fall festival. For once everybody forget about the craziness of exams and school. Everyone just hangs out, play games and eat cotton candy all day and night.

 

 

Well… everyone except for the members of student government.

 

 

“10 booths for Sh!t club please!” Jeongyeon proudly announced, dropping down her money in front of Mina who’s in charge of the registration booth.

 

 

“10 booths? Are you serious?” The school president sounded so cold and dead.

 

 

“Ummm guys… is it winter already or Myoui Mina here is just cold?”

 

 

Mina’s dark eyes narrowed, annoyed of Jeongyeon’s idea of a joke.

 

 

“Did you see how much one booth is?”

 

 

“Yes! And I tell you Minari, our club has the budget to register for ten booths.”

 

 

Mina didn’t bother to argue and just tap her pen on the registration sign.

 

 

“30 dollars per booth. I don’t think you have enough.”

 

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon both shared annoyed look, before glaring down at the giant.

 

 

“What? What the heck Momo! You told us 3.00 dollars!”

 

 

“Oh oops… I wasn’t looking at the decimal point.” Momo says sheepishly.

 

 

“Go back to grade school.”

 

 

“So, what is your booth going to be about?”

 

 

Jeongyeon decided to step up front and take over the role of promoting her group.

 

 

“Well… now that you ask Ms. President. Let me ask you this, what is one event in every woman’s life that she had been looking forward to since childhood?”

 

 

“Graduating with a Ph.D.?” Mina answers absentmindedly

 

 

Momo in frustration smacks her hand on the table, ready to school her bestfriend about the meaningful things in life.

 

 

“No! You cold hearted reptile! Her wedding! Every girl wants a wedding! And since we go to an all girls school, what better booth than having a wedding booth?”

 

 

“Yeah Minari… maybe you and Chaeyoung can even get married there.”

 

 

The two other girls gulp in fright as they saw how Mina stiffened from Jeongyeon’s words.

 

 

“Here…” Mina stamps the girls’ folder. “Good luck on your booth. Next.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Damn Jeong…” Momo shoved the other girl. “I knew you were evil, but I never thought you were that evil”

 

 

“What are you yapping about, Momo?”

 

 

“You know Mina and Chaeyoung are in some cold war right now, and then you say that?”

 

 

“Momo… Momo… don’t you know that every thing I do has a reason? Oh! Speak of the devil!”

 

 

Momo scratches her tousled hair in confusion until she figured out what Jeongyeon was talking about. The usual so bouncy Son Chaeyoung was walking so listlessly, playing soccer with an acorn.

 

 

“Chaeeeeyyyoouuunnnggg!!!!”

 

 

The round eyed girl blink thoughtfully before looking around.

 

 

“Oh unnie, it’s you… hello.”

 

 

“So formal Chaeyoung… How you doing, kid?!”

 

 

The girl was quiet for a little bit, as if searching for the right words inside her head.

 

 

“Well ummm… okay I guess.”

 

 

It was a lie. She felt so horrible the last couple of days.

 

 

“Liar.”

 

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes shone like headlights as Jeongyeon caught her.

 

 

“Ep!” Jeongyeon raise her hand out before Chaeyoung could answer her. “Why don’t we talk about this over coffee?”

 

 

***

 

 

It was rare for Chaeyoung to lose her appetite and right now was one of those rare moments. Seeing the weird look on her JeongMo unnie’s faces as they race on who could finish the smoothie first.

 

 

“Ummm unnie?” Chaeyoung cuts through the race.

 

 

“Oh hey Chaeng… When did you get here?”

 

 

“I got you two your smoothie…” Chaeyoung pointed back at the smoothie or what’s left of it.

 

 

“Oh we just kidding with you girl… Anyways, where were we?”

“Ummm… this thing with Mina?”

 

 

Jeongyeon and Momo exchange sympathetic looks before turning back to Chaeyoung.

 

 

“Awww kid…” Momo pats the shoulder of the downtrodden deer. “I’m sure Mina will come around soon. What did you to argue about anyway?”

 

 

“Ummm.. stuff?”

 

 

“Stuff?” Jeongyeon prodded more. “Do you mean getting it on?”

 

 

“What?!” The shock expression in Chaeyoung’s face was enough to answer Jeongyeon’s question.

 

 

“Oh c’mon Chaeyoung… didn’t you learn anything from animes and mangas? Student council presidents are the most ually frustrated people.”

 

 

“B.bu…but…”

 

 

 

“Did it ended up so bad that Mina can’t stand seeing you anymore?”

 

 

“Ummm no?” The thought of that night embarrassed Chaeyoung, that she ended up fiddling with her napkin than staring back at her unnie. “We ummm… no… it’s ummm…I ran away.”

 

 

The unnies know they should be sympathetic, but the thought of Son Chaeyoung running away was just too entertaining.

 

 

“You ran away?”

 

 

“Yes.” The younger girl looks up, her eyes were the picture of sadness as they’re b with tears. “I didn’t know what to do. And when I saw how beautiful Mina is, I froze I realize I… ummm… I’m not worthy of her.”

 

 

“Well, it’s not your fault.” Momo says while thoughtfully chewing her straw. “Well, no… let me change that. It’s not entirely your fault.”

 

 

Jeongyeon shoves the taller girl to the side, and decided that it was time for her to take over.

 

 

“Girl you know, the reason why you’re scared is because you’re not confident. And the reason why you’re not confident is because you don’t know anything about it.”

 

 

“Well…” Chaeyoung clears to make a correction. “I ummm… sorta… saw movies about it.”

 

 

“Did you learn anything?”

 

 

The younger girl clears once again, but this time in embarrassment.

 

 

“Well I ummm…no… I was in a state of shock. I didn’t understand what I was watching.”

 

 

“You Son Chaeng, is the lucky student who enrolled herself in the JeongMO university of love. And our first lesson…”

 

 

Jeongyeon motions the younger girl to scoot closer to her.

 

 

“The secret to getting laid is confidence.”

 

 

“Huh? Confidence?”

 

 

“Shhhhhhhhhh….” The shorter girl almost smack Chaeyoung for talking too loud in the coffeeshop. “Yes, confidence. The reason you got scared is because you don’t have the confidence on yourself.”

 

 

“I guess you’re right.”

 

 

“You’re Damn sure I’m right. Like right now, Chaeng, tell me you want me.”

 

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head furiously, cringing at the thought.

 

 

“But I don’t want you.”

 

 

“Idiot… We are training you now to be confident. These are just such simple words but very powerful, Chaeyoung. And this is how you’re going to get your girl, knowing how to say this. Now c’mon say it…”

 

 

But Chaeyoung always the choding, decides to say or more of sing it in her Chaeyoung way.

 

 

“I want nobody, nobody but you… kekekeekekekekeke”

 

 

But the two girls were far from amused with the choding’s stunt.

 

 

“What the heck?! You do that and Mina is gonna go to the mountains, shave her head and be a monk. Nobody gets turn on with that, you babo! Now be serious… say it… Say I want you.”

 

 

“I want you” Chaeyoung sounded like a meek lamb.

 

 

The older girls suddenly passed out on the table and started snoring.

 

 

“Unnie?”

 

 

Jeongyeon flutters her eyes before looking up at Chaeyoung.

 

 

“Oh sorry girl, we were so turned off we fell asleep.” Jeongyeon sits up and got serious once again “What did we just told you? Confidence! Do you think you sound confident?”

 

 

“Ummm no?”

 

 

“Then say it again, but this time say it like Myoui Mina is sitting right here in front of you.”

 

 

“I want you.” Chaeyoung this time sounded so gentle and loving.

 

 

“Awwww… so cute…” Jeongyeon coos before turning around. “What are you in a k drama or something? Your goal is not to get all giggly and cutesy, you’re goal is to get it on. And in order for that to happen, you need to prove to Mina you can take charge.”

 

 

“I want you.”

 

 

“Better but louder.”

 

 

“I want you!”

 

 

“Ohhhh… is it getting hot in here or it’s just Chaeyoung?” Momo fans herself.

 

 

“Good job, Chaeng, now say it one more time and this time be more persuasive.”

 

 

“I WANT YOU!!!!”

 

 

The busy coffeeshop was frozen at their tracks, all eyes turned to the round eyed girl with the burning confidence in her stance.

 

 

“Good job, Chaeyoung.” Jeongyeon says proudly of her student. “Now let’s go get your girl.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Is it me or did Mina sunbae looks angrier than usual?”

 

 

That was the latest buzz around the meeting room as soon as Mina walks in the room. Unlike previous months, where she was actually smiling, today it was like she regressed back to being cold hearted.

 

 

But while most thread carefully around Mina, one girl seem to be unfazed with it. There was the cub  girl waving her hand like there was no tomorrow.

 

 

“Hi…”

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Mina snapped making sure Chaeyoung get the idea that she has no plan to talk.

 

 

“Well, I volunteer to help out with the festival.”

 

 

“Hmmp. What do you even know about festivals?”

 

 

Cotton candy. Booths and games. But Chaeyoung was sure that’s not what Mina is trying to ask.

 

 

“Well not much, that’s why I’m volunteering to know more.”

 

 

But before Mina could answer, a fidgety member of the student council started waving the sign up sheets.

 

 

“Ummm… good morning… ahhh…For those people who want to volunteer.”

 

 

“I’ll volunteer!”

 

 

All heads quickly roll to the back at the scrawny girl with her skinny arm shot up to the ceiling.

 

 

“Whatever Myoui Mina is doing, sign me up with her!”

 

 

Now everyone’s attention turned to the flustered school president with her face buried in her hands.

 

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t seem to notice how embarrassed Mina was, because she kept on going.

 

 

“If I have to scoop up Cow poop and make fertilizer if it meant being with Mina then SIGN ME IN!”

 

 

“Damn it Chaeyoung, be quiet will you?” Mina hissed at the hyperactive monkey beside her.

 

 

The room starts snickering much to Mina’s dismay. For awhile the sound of ridicule was the only thing Mina could hear, people chuckling on her expense.

 

 

She shot right up, grabbing Chaeyoung’s wrist before finally dragging her out of the room.

 

 

*

 

It was the end of the day and everyone in the university is just itching to go home. But just when they thought that it’s another boring day, they were wrong because there is the usual calm and collected president, storming out and dragging the lost looking cub out of the hallway and throwing her inside the abandoned classroom.

 

 

“What on Earth were you thinking?!”

 

 

Chaeyoung have seen different levels of anger from Mina, but right now is probably the worst. Mina was practically shaking, her head looking like it was about to explode.

 

 

“Think? About what?” Chaeyoung pretended to play dumb, hoping Mina would ease up.

 

 

“You don’t like responsibility Chaeyoung, then you volunteer for the festival. What am I supposed to think?”

 

 

“I…I just want to be near you.” Chaeyoung responds meekly.

 

 

“Oh…” Mina mockingly scoffs at Chaeyoung. “Now you want to be near me?”

 

 

Mina’s cold response is freezing Chaeyoung right now. How on Earth is she going to warm Mina up?

 

 

Wait… Chaeyoung thought, this was to be expected. If her teachers in the university of love would see how she’s cowering in front of Mina, they would be devastated.

 

 

It was time to put the lessons to good use.

 

 

“You know I always want to be near you.”

 

 

“What?” Mina asks, wondering if she’s even with the same Chaeyoung choding that she knows.

 

 

“You know there is no place I would rather be than right here.”

 

 

Mina swallows the huge lump in . She started backing away as Chaeyoung makes a move closer. When did Chaeyoung have such a husky and sensual voice?

 

 

“Agh!”

 

 

Before Mina could piece out what happened, Chaeyoung have already took advantage and pinned her to the wall.

 

 

“Chaeyoung…” Mina squeals “What are you doing?”

 

 

“I’m doing what we should have done earlier. Myoui Mina…”

 

 

Mina could only wonder where all her composure went. She had never thought that Chaeyoung could ever paralyzed her like this, but it looks like she’s dead wrong.

 

 

The younger girl took a step closer, she was so close that Mina could feel Chaeyoung breathing. Mina could only look away, afraid of the effect of Chaeyoung’s intense gaze at her.

 

 

“My angel, my girl, my sunshine… Tell me your wish and I’ll be your bad girl and take you into a new world.”

 

 

That quick, Chaeyoung’s proclamation of love was enough to rock Mina back to her senses.

 

 

“WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Mina yells out, shoving Chaeyoung away from her.

 

 

“What?! I thought you like girls generation.”

 

 

“Well, thanks to you I don’t think I can ever look at them the same way again.”

 

 

“Omo!” Chaeyoung says worriedly “I turned a fan into an anti.”

 

 

Mina could only shake her head in disbelief. This choding was exhausting her too much these days.

 

 

“Is this all a joke to you because it looks like it is?”

 

 

“It is not!” Chaeyoung defended herself. “I'm right here now... how about I put some music on, so you could slowly chill?"

 

 

Mina could only raised her brow, wondering if Chaeyoung is being serious or not. But it looks like Chaeyoung is dead serious as she takes out her IPOD and turn it up to fill the room with some y music.

 

 

Infinite- Without You

 

 

"Oh yeah... this is my jam..." Chaeyoung says, while slowly bouncing and swaying to the song.

 

 

 

Mina could just cover in both shock and disbelief. Just when she thought she can't be surprise, here was Chaeyoung proving her wrong. Chaeyoung turning on her charms and just singing to every word of the song.

 

 

"Chaeyoung..."

 

 

But Chaeyoung was into the song to hear Mina calling her.

 

 

"Chaeyoung!"

 

 

"Oh... Hey, Minari..." Chaeyoung winks.

 

 

"Just stop! whatever you're trying to do just stop!"

 

 

Chaeyoung stood in surprise, her cute face contorted in confusion.

 

 

"Did I turn you on?" Chaeyoung asked like it is the most natural question in the world.

 

 

"Hell no! You just wreck two groups in less than an hour, Chaeyoung." Mina answered her straight up. “Is this supposed to make me feel better?”

 

 

Chaeyoung got more confused.

 

 

“Ummm… Isn't this what you want?”

 

 

The older girl just ended up laughing, for what reason, she's not sure. For Chaeyoung's innocence maybe? Or maybe from frustration? Right now Mina don't know anymore.

 

 

"No... Chaeyoung... this is not what I want."

 

 

 

Mina walk away from Chaeyoung, standing at the farthest part of the room. Mina is just leaning by the window sill, and with the sunlight streaming through the glass panes, it only made Mina more glorious than she’s already is. That very moment, all Chaeyoung could do is watch Mina, falling hard for her like she always does.

 

 

They were just a few feet apart, but right now with how quiet it is, Chaeyoung felt like they’re worlds apart.

 

 

“Do you know why people do it Chaeyoung?”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“They do it because they love each other. Or should I say they are supposed to do it because they love each other, nothing else. Right now, I don’t feel like that’s your reason. I feel like I’m pushing you to the corner, and you’re just saying it so I wouldn’t feel bad.”

 

 

“I… I have always wanted to be near you.” Chaeyoung reasons out, but unknowingly can’t face Mina and instead gaze down on her shoes. “It’s just that one night, I… I…I…”

 

 

“Please don’t say anything else Chaeyoung. Right now, I don’t think I could listen to anything anymore.”

 

 

Mina turns away and was ready to walk away, leaving Chaeyoung struggling for any words to make her stay.

 

 

“Mina?”

 

 

Mina stilled herself, her hand gripping tightly on the doorknob. Part of her wanted to stay and fix this, but part of her knew that all that’s going to happen is her and Chaeyoung getting stuck in silence.

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

“What can I do?” Chaeyoung could only mutter silently.

 

 

Mina could tell Chaeyoung to leave her alone, but she doubt her heart would let her. She could tell the younger girl to stay, but she doubts that they could even fix what they’re going through right now. There are plenty of words that seem to capture Mina’s emotions these days, but she doubts that it would even be enough.

 

 

So far now, as she struggled for the right words to say, all she could tell Chaeyoung are those three words.

 

 

“I don’t know.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to disappoint you guys but CHAENGTOPS kekeke