Chapter 5

I Don't Know

Please watch this video first before reading the chap but if you know GG/SNSD then no need hehe 

I Got A Boy - SNSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq7ftOZBy0E

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ayo Mina sunbaenim.”

 

Two younger school girls bow politely as they pass through the queen’s cafeteria table.

 

“Hey…” Jeongyeon shakes her carrot stick while Momo’s eyes trail the carrot stick like a fly eyeing food.

 

“Didn’t you notice that nobody says hi anymore ever since SNSD’s new song came out?”

 

“I know… it’s like people say Ayo now instead of saying hi…” Momo nods while her eyes were on the target.

 

Momo took a bite of the carrot stick, and almost threw up.

 

“What the heck?!”

 

“Sorry… I thought it was cheetos…” Momo clears …

 

“Cheetos? Are you serious?!”

 

Mina ignores the two bickering and focuses on her lunch, pushing her food around.

 

“Speaking of SNSD, here comes trouble…”

 

Jeongyeon points to Nayeon purposely flipping her hair in slow motion for a more CF effect moment.

 

“Hey gorgeous…”

 

“Hey…” Nayeon smiles pleasantly joining her friends.

 

“Oh I wasn’t talking bout you…I was talking bout my burger…”

 

Jeongyeon and Momo starts to laugh at Nayeon’s expense.

 

“Be nice…” Mina hushed the two and two quickly shush, but not without snickering.

 

“You two can laugh all you want, but just so you know… this 2019 I’m trying to better myself… I’m trying to be less… oh…”

 

Nayeon eyes were filled with desire…

 

“Nabong?”

 

“Oh…” Nayeon got zap back in the room. “I’m sorry I saw my face and I just went speechless…” Nayeon points at her reflection from the spoon… “What was I saying again?”

 

“Your 2019 resolution?”

 

“Oh yeah… that… it’s soooo hard, I think I’ll start on 2020…”

 

“Oh well, yeah… it’s Friday, fly day…” Jeongyeon slouches comfortably on her chair “What’s our plan?”

 

“Count me out…” Nayeon says “Tzuyu invited me to dinner tonight with Sana and Dahyun…”

 

But while Nayeon was busy admiring herself on a spoon, she notices a little dot of horror in her face that quickly drain out every color in her being.

 

“What’s wrong, Nayeon?”

 

Nayeon quickly took a selca of her face, she looks at her picture zooming it to the highest level to make sure if what she saw was true.

 

“Oh my GAWD!!!”

 

“What is wrong?!” Mina asks impatiently…

 

“ACCCCKKKK!!! I got a zit…”

 

“Ohhhhh…” Momo looks at the red pimple in Nayeon’s face. “Squishy…” She was about to reach out and poke it but Nayeon was quick to swat her hand away.

 

“DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH IT!!! THIS CAN’T BE…. WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

 

The girls watches Nayeon runs out in hysterics…

 

“Sooooo…. Minari?”

 

 “Count me out too… my ummm family is ahhhh….” Mina stops not wanting to continue…

 

“What Minari?”

 

“Family dinner….”

 

“Ohhhhh…. Fun times with the Myouis! I want to come!”

 

“Me too!!!”

 

“Well… you guys wouldn’t… it’s boring and... you know…”

 

“No we don’t…”

 

Jeongyeon and Momo were now eyeing her with such enthusiasm…

 

 

***

 

 

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the awesome job in the coffee shop…”

 

Sana leads the crew in applaud as the coffeeshop owner grace their presence.

 

“And may 2019 be more prosperous for all of us…”

 

“YEHEY!!!” Sana cheered and gives everyone in her lethargic crew the threatening eye.

 

“Yehey…” they responded back.

 

“And to start our new year right I purchased a new machine to better our service to the customers…”

 

Sana smiles excitedly as their boss was about to reveal his surprise.

 

“Everyone enjoy our new…”

 

GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

 

Sana’s jaw dropped low to the flo’ as she sees the shiny, brand new cash register.

 

“WHOAH! WHOAH! WHOAH! BOSS!!!”

 

Sana hurriedly wraps her arms around their good old cash register…

 

“What is wrong with this one?”

 

Their boss raise his brow at Sana reaction. “It’s ummm… old?”

 

“So? Old is reliable! I vote to keep this… right?”

 

But none of the other employees sees her cause, they just want to go back to doing nothing instead of being stuck in this meeting.

 

“FINE! But I won’t let you take away this register! Never!!!”

 

AYO SANAAAA!!!!

 

Everyone turns and wondering what the hell was that…

 

“That’s my ringtone!” Sana announces… “Nobody moves!” she declares with one arm around the cash register and the other on to pick her phone…

 

“Ayo Dahyun!!!”

 

“Ayo Sana… listen buddy… I know were supposed to go out tonight but I’m sorry but I have to back out. One of my mom’s uncle’s cousin’s friend’s brother’s niece’s sister is getting married and I have to go.”

 

“What?”

 

“I know right?” Sana heard Dahyun squeals frustratingly from the other line. “And I even dyed my hair red for tonight…”

 

“Did you tell Tzuyu about it?”

 

“Yes… and she said, it’s okay… but I did say you were still free and she seems ok with it.”

 

Sana didn’t want to think much of it, but she does. “She is?”

 

“Yes… and I think that’s good… maybe as my BFF you can say good stuff about me. You know make me sound lovable and cute and irresistible”

 

“Ummm…” Sana once again felt torn between being a bestfriend and her own heart. “Ahhhh yeah… sure…”

 

“Cool!!! Tell me all about it, okay?”

 

This time it was Sana who got frustrated.

 

“Ahhh yeah… sure…”

 

*

 

Ding… dong…

 

“Minaribaby…” Mina’s mom yells out from the kitchen “Why don’t you open that? That’s probably Chaeyoung…”

 

Mina smacks her book shut and groans as she drags herself to the door.

 

“Oh darling. Why cant you just admit that the butterflies in your tummy starts fluttering when you think of Chaeyoung?”

 

“that’s ridiculous I don’t have butterflies in my stomach.”

 

The first thing that Mina notices is how Chaeyoung looks like a kid, with her sidewards cap, varsity jacket and Nike high top sneakers…

 

“Ayo Minaaaaa!” Chaeyoung says excitedly… “This is for you…” Chaeyoung hands Mina a gorgeous bouquet of sunflowers and daisy bouquet

 

“Thank you…”

 

Mina looks up and sees her parents making googly eye faces at her which made her instantly scowl.

 

“Its sunflowers because you’re the sunshine of my life…”

 

Chaeyoung then walks inside their home looking like a kid with swagger.

 

“Why do you look like that?”

 

“AYO CHAENG!!!”

 

“Mommy! Daddy!”

 

Chaeyoung excitedly jumps over to SaMina’s parents…

 

“Hey Chaeng…” Sakura greets her BFF “Unnie…” Sakura went over to her confused older sister “Chaeyoung is into her I got a boy phase…”

 

“I got a boy phase?”

 

The two look over at Chaeyoung playing around with their parents…

 

“Yes… Chaeyoung is a big SNSD fan… you should have seen her during her Mr. Taxi phase…”

 

Sakura sighs as she recalls the memory…

 

“She doesn’t have a car… so, she made her bike look like a taxi.”

 

Mina sometimes wonders what she got herself into.

 

*

 

The three girls sits at the back and before Mina could get her seatbelt, Chaeyoung reaches out and pulls Mina’s seatbelt for her.

 

“Safety first…”

 

Mina could see the excitement in Chaeyoung’s face. There was always something so innocent about her, that Mina can’t deny could be quite endearing…

 

“Thank you for inviting me to dinner Mommy, daddy…”

 

Mina could just shake her head as Chaeyoung is so close to her parents…

 

“No problem sweetheart. So, where would you like to eat? Is sushi ok with you?”

 

“I like sushi. But my unnie said, if you eat too much sushi you get an owie in your tummy…” Chaeyoung points to her tummy.

 

Mina was about to laugh mockingly at the girl's childish choice of words.

 

“An owie? Oh… there goes your swagger going down…”

 

“I think Chaeyoung is adorable…” They could see their mom wide grin from the rearview mirror .“By the way Chaeyoung, we, actually just me and their daddy have this game…”

 

“Ohhhh… games… I like games…” Chaeyoung claps excitedly. “Do I get a prize if I win?”

 

“Well… ummm…” SaMina’s dad Akira tap the steering wheel as he thinks. “Sure… you get Mina as a prize…”

 

“What?!”

 

Chaeyoung squeals excitedly… “I’m in! I’m in!!!”

 

“Alright!!! We say one word… or name and then we used it in a song… Let’s start with Sakura…”

 

Sakura waves her parents off, not wanting to participate in their shenanigans.“I don’t really-“

 

Her parents didn’t hear her hesitation and presses on… “Use Myoui in a song…”

 

“Ummm…”

 

“I know… I know…” Chaeyoung raises her hand so eagerly.

 

“Ok Chaeyoung!!!”

 

Mina rolls her eyes and continues to stare out the window.

 

Chaeyoung covers as she clears …

 

“It’s a beautiful night, were looking for something dumb to do… Hey baby… I think I want to marry MYOUI!!!” Chaeyoung points at Mina, batting her lashes at the girl…

 

“Awwwwww….” Her parents instantly cooed…

 

Then, out of nowhere, well, the backseat of the van two girls just pop in…

 

“IS IT THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES, OR IS IT THIS DANCING JUICE, WHO CARES BABY! I THINK I WANT TO MARRY MYOUI!!!!”

 

“What the?!” Mina jumps back as Momo and Jeongyeon just sang along… “Where you two came from?”

 

“JUST SAY I DO, HOOOOOO…. HOOOOOO”

 

But the two ignored her and continued singing along with Chaeyoung. It felt like a musical show in their van right now, when even her parents join in, clapping and singing along…

 

“What the hell is this, Glee?”

 

But no one seems to have heard Mina's sarcastic remark.

 

“TELL ME RIGHT NOW, BABY, TELL ME RIGHT NOW BABY, BABY…”

 

“Cause, it’s a beautiful night, were looking for something dumb to do, hey baby, I think I want to marry MYOUI…”

 

And Chaeyoung’s voice, although it doesn’t have the power to make you cry or swoon, Mina does admit that her voice could make anyone melt in a puddle of goo…

 

“JUST SAY I DO,HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO”

 

Jeongyeon and Momo sings along… even Sakura joins in when she says…

 

“Speak now… unnie…”

 

“Ahhhhh…. Ummmm… well…”

 

Mina felt cornered, trap, by Chaeyoung’s fluttering eyes and her family and friends nudging…

 

Seeing that Mina won’t reply… they started to sing again.

 

“Cause it’s a beautiful night, were looking for something dumb to do, hey baby, I want to marry MYOUI…”

 

“ALRIGHT!ALRIGHT!!!” Mina says defeated… “Fine… Ok…ok…ok…” Mina mumbles…

 

“Ok what?”

 

“You know…” Mina stammers, trying to find an excuse not to say the word.

 

“JUST SAY I DO,HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO”

 

Mina starts growling, slowly pounding her head in the car window as they started singing again…

 

Until finally they stop and Mina finally sits up…

 

“JUST SAY I DO,HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO, HOOOOOOOOO”

 

“Fine!” Mina raises her hand in surrender. “I’ll marry her now stop!”

 

“YEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!”

 

Everyone throws their hands up in the air, waving it like they just don't care. Partying as they get ready for the upcoming wedding.

 

 *

 

She was like a kid in a candy store, when Chaeyoung walks in the buffet place.

 

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!”

 

Everyone turns around and sees Momo with the same excitement as Chaeyoung.

 

“C’mon Chaeyoung!!!”

 

But before Chaeyoung could join Momo in their attack at the buffet place, Mina holds on to Chaeyoung’s wrist.

 

“No… you’re coming with me…”

 

Chaeyoung quickly behaved like a child being reprimanded, watching Momo skips happily as she filled her plate.

 

“This is a buffet, so you don’t have to fill everything up at the same time… take it slow…”

 

Chaeyoung nods, copying every Mina’s move, putting the same food in her plate. When she looks back in her plate, she couldn’t help but frown Mina got all the healthy veggies…

 

“Eeeewwww…”

 

“It’s good for you…”

 

“Eeeewwww…”

 

“Look… you can finish all of this…”

 

“All of this?”

 

“Fine… eat half of it and the next plate you can eat all the meat you want…”

 

“Deal?”

 

“Ummm…” Chaeyoung has an icky look on her face, but just nods. When it comes to Mina, she surrenders.

 

*

 

Sana was sitting by the park bench waiting for Nayeon and Tzuyu to arrive. She checks if they’re coming, and seeing no signs of them, She quickly fixes her hair, her shirt…

 

“Sana?”

 

Sana’s world stop moving when Tzuyu was standing right in front of her.

 

“Oh ummm… Tzuyu? Hi…” Sana peeks around “Is Nayeon not here?”

 

Oh... so, she does like her, why would she be looking for her like this if she doesn't?

 

“She said she’s coming. I guess she’s running late.”

 

“Oh okay… ummm… you want to… you want to sit?” Sana scoots over the bench.

 

“Ahhh sure…”

 

Tzuyu sits down and the two got lock in an awful tension.

 

Good thing Tzuyu’s phone starts ringing…

 

“Hello? Where are you?”

 

Nayeon quivers even if Tzuyu is nowhere close to her.

 

“I’m so sorry I couldn’t come… I’m still here in my dermatologist clinic. I have some major issues…”

 

“Oh… I guess we can just do it next time…”

 

“Why can’t you do it now?”

 

“Well… Dahyun didn’t come too…”

 

Sana felt something tug inside of her when she heard Tzuyu was looking for Dahyun…

 

“So, don’t tell me it’s just you and Sana there?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Then, what are you waiting for?! This is your chance go for it!”

 

“I don’t know… we’ll see…”

 

Tzuyu ends the call and turns to Sana.

 

“That was Nayeon she has stuff to take care of, so ummm…”

 

“Oh… ahhhh… well…” Sana shrugs. “Maybe we can do it next time…”

 

“Yeah… next time… when both of them are here….”

 

“Yeah…” Sana says awkwardly…

 

“I’ll see you around Sana…” Tzuyu nods in defeat and turns away.

 

And as Sana watches Tzuyu walks away, one step further, two… could she just let this happen?

 

“Tzuyu?!”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Sana pushes her self to chase after Tzuyu.

 

“We ummm… we got ahhhh… this cool new cash register… maybe you ummm… want to go and see it?”

 

Tzuyu should smile more, because even if it was just a fraction she still look so damn beautiful.

 

“That sounds cool.”

 

*

 

Mina just watches Chaeyoung scraping everything from her plate, The waitress who obviously hates her job, sighs impatiently and reaches out for Chaeyoung’s plate.

 

“I’m not done…” Chaeyoung's eyes started getting teary as she could only watch her plate being taken away.

 

“She’s not done…” Mina says coolly, holding on to the plate and the waitress just groans once more and walks away.

 

Mina puts the plate in front of Chaeyoung, those eyes shine once again as she saw her plate.  

 

“Don’t eat with a hat on…”

 

Mina pulls out Chaeyoung’s cap before placing it on the table. But as she sees Chaeyoung can’t move her elbows much with the hat taking up some space, Mina just puts the hat on her lap.

 

Mina returned to her meal, but everyone in their table could see how different Mina is. She might not have figured it out yet, but it seems like the lil choding has slowly became a part of her.

 

*

 

“Ahhhhh… I’m full…” Chaeyoung pats her tummy as they walk back to the car. But just when she was about to reach out for the car handle, she heard the door lock click.

 

“What the?” Mina says as she sees her family and her two bestfriends locking them out of the car.

 

“What are you guys doing?! Let us in!”

 

Everyone cups their ears, trying to pretend not to hear Mina's angry growls. Before Mina could smash the car window, they waved goodbye leaving the two love birds behind.

 

“Noooo… you got to be kidding me!!!” Mina growls as her family just drives away.

 

*

 

"Are you tired?"

 

"No... I'm pissed..."

 

Chaeyoung stops walking and steps right in front of Mina.

 

"If you're tired, i could carry you..."

 

"I'm not tired... I could walk." Mina growls "I can't believe they just left us like this."

 

"Dont worry... I won't let anything happen to you."

 

Mina turns to the girl beside her and she sees Chaeyoung with serious look on her face.

 

"I will protect you with my whole life... If someone comes and tries to hurt you i will..."

 

 

YAH!

 

 

Chaeyoung starts punching the air before ending her battle with her invisible enemy with a kick. And seeing Chaeyoung acting like this, somehow lifted Mina's mood.

 

"Ohhh... a playground..." Chaeyoung excitedly pulls Mina to the swings.. Chaeyoung dust the swings "Come seat, come seat..."

 

Not wanting Chaeyoung's effort go to waste, Mina gave up and sat down. the smol girl went behind her, happily pushing the swing. 

 

"This is fun, isn't it?" Chaeyoung asks and Mina have to admit that it was...

 

“Tell you what? let’s have a deal…”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung asks eagerly

 

“Let’s go on the bars. If you hold on longer than I do, we can start holding hands… but if I beat you… you will never get a chance.”

 

Chaeyoung holds on to the swing to keep Mina from moving. “What about AKB48?”

 

“Forget about that… they keep on rotating members… how bout it?”

 

“Yes! Yes! Let’s do it!” Chaeyoung says her face full of determined expression.

 

*

 

“ARGH!” Chaeyoung could feel her arms trembling but as she looks at Mina, Mina was hanging effortlessly.

 

“Ahhh…” Chaeyoung was only hanging by one arm now…

 

“Is that all you got?” Mina says mockingly “You are supposed to be a monkey… monkeys should hang longer…”

 

It was Chaeyoung’s time to growl… She could feel her arms quivering from hanging on too long. But as much as she wanted to let go, there is no way, she’s going to let Mina win…

 

Mina forget one thing about monkeys… they’re supposed to be clever.

 

Mina almost let go as she sees Chaeyoung who looks like she was about to kick her.

 

But instead Chaeyoung scoots closer to Mina, wrapping her legs around Mina’s waist making the older girl squeal out.

 

“Hey…” Mina tries to squirm out of the intimate position but failed.

 

“What?”

 

Mina averts her gaze downward, hoping that Chaeyoung won’t catch her blush. But Mina looks up ready to challenge Chaeyoung, unfortunately she didn’t realize how close they were.

 

And she have never been this close to the girl. She knew Chaeyoung was cute, but now that she was just inches apart from her, she saw how beautiful Chaeyoung truly is.

 

“Ahhh…”

 

And in the end, Mina hands slip and she fell to the ground, she ends up losing to Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung jumps down quickly after Mina fell.

 

“YOU OKAY?!” Chaeyoung looks so worried…

 

“I’am…” Mina smiles embarrassingly, shoving Chaeyoung jokingly.

 

“I won! I won! WHOHOOO!!!!” Chaeyoung rejoiced, pulling Mina’s hand… “You can’t let go now… hihihihihi…” Chaeyoung giggles menacingly.

 

But it looks like Chaeyoung doesn’t need to say it, because with the way Mina intertwine their fingers together, it looks like Mina has no intention of ever letting go..

 

*

 

 Chaeyoung was happily swinging their arms together before they stop in front of Mina’s home.

 

“Good night…” Chaeyoung puckers her lips, hoping to get a kiss but instead Mina shoves her away.

 

“Don’t push it…” Mina narrows her eyes at her.

 

Hmmmmp. Chaeyoung pouts cutely after getting denied.

 

“Mina?”

 

“What?”

 

“Would you ummm…” Chaeyoung scoffs her sneakers on the pavement, scratching the back of her neck embarrassingly “Would you like to go out on a date with me? Like just the two of us?”

 

What should Mina say?

 

“Fine…” Mina mumbles softly.

 

Chaeyoung’s lips spread into a sweet grin.

 

“YEHEY!!!!”

 

“Now stop…” Mina pulls Chaeyoung to calm herself down. “You don’t want me to back off will you?”

 

Chaeyoung instantly frown, shaking her head.

 

“No…”  Chaeyoung behaved like a child being reprimanded.

 

“Ok then… now Good night…”

 

Chaeyoung playfully puts her cap on Mina’s head.

 

“What?” Mina yells out…

 

“I got a girl… kekekeke….” Chaeyoung starts dancing in the street.

 

I got a girl meotjin! I got a girl chakhan!
I got a girl pretty girl, nae mam da gajyeogan”
 

Mina starts to laugh before grabbing the cap and uses it as weapon to hit Chaeyoung…

 

*

 

A wave of different emotions have started flooding in for Mina, what it meant she doesn’t know. She walks in her home, the TV in the living room blaring as her parents was watching.

 

“How was your walk?”

 

“I shouldn’t be talking to you” Mina narrows her eyes at her sister.

 

“But I have nothing to do with it…”

 

“Yeah fine…” Mina reaches out for the sunflowers and reads the note attached to it.

 

Sakura was about to ask something, but decided to be quiet when she sees the smile in her unnie’s lips.

 

It was like she wasn’t even there, and that note sort of brought her unnie to another place.

 

“I’m going upstairs…” Mina says, the smile still not leaving her face.

 

“So, ummm unnie…”

 

“Yah?”

 

“Are you and Chaeyoung like finally… together… together?”

 

The smile in Mina’s face disappeared and turns to a wondering look.

 

And now Mina is caught in that fleeting feeling, here now, gone later… Right now, Chaeyoung seems to be the only person who can make her smile like this, make her happy, make her laugh… then next minute, Chaeyoung would be her number one enemy, irritating her to her very core.

 

She wants something stable, something certain and not be caught in this kids play of lovers and enemies…

 

So, what are they? Is she finally surrendering to Chaeyoung? Is she finally admitting that what they have aren’t kids play anymore and they’re finally going to be serious?

 

What does she feel? What is she and Chaeyoung?