Prologue

I Don't Know

The doe eyed girl almost fell asleep in class again if her chipmunk cheeked bestfriend didn’t poke her arm with a pen. She gave her bestfriend an intense death glare, hoping to send a message that she doesn’t like getting poke, but Sakura return her look with an equally stern look.

“Were in college now Chaeng, try to stay more focus.” Sakura snaps at her.

Pffft… her bestfriend should have been a drill sergeant with how strict she is.

Chaeyoung just sighs heavily and plops her cheek on her hand. People make college sound so fun, but now that she’s here, she has no idea what they’re talking about. Or maybe she’s just in the wrong school.

Why can’t life be like an anime? Where it’s always fun and something exciting happens everyday… or every episode?

She sighs heavily again until a brilliant thought came to her mind…

Ding…

Brilliant thought alert…

Her lips curve into an evil smirk… kekeekekke…

If her life seems so boring then its up to her to make it a wee bit exciting. She turns to Sakura, her usual victim, so gentle and innocent and so fun to pull a prank on.

“Sakura… Sakura…” Chaeyoung taps Sakura over and over and over again until Sakura finally give her attention.

“What is it?”

“I’m confused to what Mr. Kang is trying to tell us here. Can you help me with the different parts?”

Sakura was quiet for a little bit, narrowing her eyes like she got a hint that Chaeyoung is up to no good. But then, Chaeyoung bats those lashes and Sakura sighs heavily, helpless against those doe eyes.

“What body part is it?”

Sakura leans closer so she could see Chaeyoung’s biology book better. She should have known that there was something devious about the evil smirk on that innocent face.

“What part?”

“This one…”

Chaeyoung opens her book and Sakura leans much closer, her eyes narrowing as she tries to think what on Earth is she looking at.

“I’m not sure what this…”

Until it finally dawn on Sakura what specific body part Chaeyoung is showing her… specifically what male body part…

OMO!”

Chaeyoung covers trying to hide her laughter as Sakura tumble back from her chair in shock. Everyone in their entire biology lab turn over to them to see what the ruckus is all about.

THUD…

That was the sound of Sakura’s head banging against something hard.

“I think she’s bleeding…”

Said one of their classmates… Chaeyoung jumps down from her chair to check. Sakura looks like she passed out and now the whole class is circling around them, looking at Sakura instead of trying to help.

This wasn’t like any anime that Chaeyoung saw, but at least it made their biology class a bit exciting… except for the part of Sakura’s bleeding head…

*

Thank God for Iphones if not Myoui Mina would have to listen to whatever kind of love story Nayeon is babbling about again.

“Are you listening?” Nayeon finally gets the hint when Mina would rather play than listen to her. Myoui Mina does not play games.

“Not really…”

“Gosh Mina…” Nayeon rolls her eyes. “This is why you don’t have a love life because you don’t have any romantic bone in you.”

“Don’t worry about it Mina.” Momo waves her off “It wasn’t a love story that she was talking about, it’s more like a .”

“No… it wasn’t!” Nayeon snaps back, putting her hands on her waist while shooting an intense glare at the shikshin who is now deviously eating from other people’s plate. “That’s why I’m not setting you up with anyone.”

The bunny girl snap at the shikshin with noodles in .

“But you Myoui Mina, you’re the lucky girl who I’m setting up with this really cool looking guy.”

“You know Nayeon…” Mina the most sensible one among their group put a stop to this “Thank you but no thank you.”

“Why not?” Nayeon pouts in a hopes to win over Mina.

“She doesn’t trust your taste that’s why.”

“Why are you two so mean to me?! Minariii…” Nayeon clenches on the raven haired beauty’s lean arm “They’re mean to me.”

“Let go of me, you’re making me lose my game…” Mina says coldly “And besides Nayeon… I thought you’re going to take charge of your life this year?”

“I’am serious now…” Nayeon responded in a matter of fact manner. “In fact I even made a to do list for this school year… I think I have it…”

Nayeon digs into her bag and pulls out a cheery pink that makes you want to throw up kind of pink paper. “Here you go, my to do list…” she hands her list to Mina.

Mina runs her eyes through Nayeon’s list, her small eyes widening at what’s in Nayeon’s list.

“To do a guy in an elevator? to do a guy in a kitchen counter? What the hell kind of to do list is this?!”

“Pffft…” Jeongyeon scoffs “And you wonder why people call you Im HO-Nayeon …”

“Ummm… Mina sunbaenim.”

It’s pretty obvious to why the girl would bow down 90 degrees at them. Myoui Mina was the most respected and feared person in the entire campus. School council president, Running for College honors, Head cheerleader and even a volunteer in the animal shelter.

Myoui Mina simply does it all…

“Yes? Why?”

The girl looks up with a worried look on her face.

“It’s ummm something to do with Sakura-shii…”

“Sakura?” Mina jumps up from her seat “What happened?”

“She’s in the clinic right now.”

The chair made a screeching sound against the tile as Mina hurriedly pushes it to get out of the way.

“You guys go ahead to class! I have to go.”

Even if Myoui Mina was speeding through the cafeteria, everyone felt like they are watching her in slow motion. Her raven haired flowing behind her, her height giving her superiority, and that undeniable iness, there wasn’t a girl who could attract attention like she did.

Her friends completely understand Mina’s rush, Mina was usually level headed and composed but when it comes to her kid sister, Mina was willing to gamble anything.

“Stop trying to hook Mina up with your dudes!” Jeongyeon got on Nayeon.

“Yeah right…” Nayeon rolls her eyes. “Like you two could find someone better?”

“Oh hell yeah we can.” Momo responded to the challenged.

“Pfft… oh please… like you two even know any guys.”

Momo and Jeongyeon just share devious knowing stares, and Nayeon completely picked up to what the two are trying to say.

“You two are out of your mind if you think Mina plays for the other team.”

“What? Were not saying anything.”

“But it’s what you two are thinking…” Nayeon points the two in accusation. “And besides she can’t be gay…”

Nayeon says confidently as she flips her hair like the cheerleader that she is.

“Cause if she is gay, she would have hit on me already…”

Sometimes Jeongyeon and Momo can’t believe where Nayeon’s self confidence just comes out from.

Nayeon chuckles arrogantly. “I mean who doesn’t want a piece of this lovin?”

Then out of nowhere, Nayeon gasps as if she just had an epiphany.

“Or maybe the reason why Mina never go out with anybody that I try to pair her up with is because she’s secretly in love with me…”

Momo and Jeongyeon just shakes their head, it was useless to argue with such a delusional girl.

“And it pains her to see me with somebody else…”

“Just stop! Stop before we slap you…” Jeongyeon threatens the girl. “First she’s not interested in you… and second,”

Jeongyeon hook her arms around Nayeon’s pretty neck to pull her closer.

“Don’t be too loud… me and Momo were just trying to hypothesize it, That the reason she never shows interest in guys because she’s just not attracted to them. I mean the guys who show interest in her, some of them are super hot but she never even give them more than a second look.”

“I know how we can figure out if she’s G-A-Y” Nayeon says out

“Oh yeah… how?”

Nayeon smirks devilishly, “I will try to seduce her.”

“Just shut up… will you? Just hush…”

“So, what are we going to do?” Nayeon wonders.

Jeongyeon was quiet and both Momo and Nayeon could see that the evil genius was now churning her brain for a plan.

“We will hook her up with a girl.”

Momo and Nayeon steps back, that idea seems risky and the potential of Mina killing them is quite high.

“No… we will do it secretly… we will find a girl and turn her into Mina’s dream girl.”

For once the brilliant evil mind of Jeongyeon doesn’t seem to function well.

“I know… I know…” Jeongyeon says as she saw the hesitation of the two “The plan seems stupid but just trust me this will work… The only question now is… who is the girl?”

*

The clinic receptionist shot a glare at Chaeyoung for making all the uneccesarry noise fidgeting around in her chair. The girl was super cute, but she has mischief written all over it, her messy ponytail, her uniform not put up snappily.

Chaeyoung tries to win the receptionist over with a smile, maybe she will let her in to see Sakura.

“Can I-“

“No…” The evil receptionist snaps at the girl.

Chaeyoung looks like a deer who got caught in the headlights as the receptionist growls at her.

“Excuse me miss?”

Everyone immediately turned to the warm, sensual voice.

“Omo…” Chaeyoung accidentally let it out as she saw the Japanese beauty. The girl looked like she just jumped out from an anime. Chaeyoung hurriedly tries to fix herself before Myoui Mina could see her.

Son Chaeyoung have always been madly in love (that’s what she knows) with her BFF’s unnie. But of course for someone with a status like Myoui Mina, all she ever was to her was an annoying little kid.

“You!”

Chaeyoung was in the midst of fixing her hair when she sees Mina glaring at her.

“You have something to do about this, huh?”

“Huh?” Chaeyoung answer Mina so smoothly.

“Ms. Myoui… you can go in now.”

“I’ll deal with you later…” Mina let out an irritated growl before walking away.

“You… hey you…”

“Wae?”

The receptionist growls at the cute, hopeless girl she have been staring at the close door to where the gorgeous girl walk in.

“You can see your friend now.”

“Oh thanks you."


The receptionist has her eyes dead set on the cute girl, who looks like she is trying to find something.

“Can I borrow this?”

The girl asks as she picks up a flower vase.

*

“Sakura! Sakura!”

Both Sakura and her older sister turns toward the door at the enthusiastic voice.

“I got you… well… no… actually I just borrowed it…”

She hands the flower vase to Sakura.

“But it’s the thought that counts, right?” Chaeyoung says sheepishly.

“Yeah… thanks Chaeng…”

Chaeyoung then reaches out a grab a rose from the vase and extends her arm out to hand the rose to Mina.

“For you unnie…”

Sakura could only slap her self mentally with how her BFF is acting. She knew Chaeyoung have always, always like her unnie and though she’s pretty sure her unnie will never like her back, she doesn’t have the heart to tell Chaeyoung that.

Sakura’s beautiful sister didn’t respond to her and instead just narrows her eyes as if she knows that the other girl meant trouble. She has tsundere written all over her.

“Be nice unnie…” Sakura whispers to her sister “It was Chaeyoung who carried me all the way to the clinic.”

“Well, she should knowing she is the reason why you’re here in the first place…”

Hmmm… a tsundere indeed…

“Ummm… I’m sorry?”

“It’s okay Chaeng…”

Mina gasps at how stupidly nice her sister was “She gave you 5 stitches.”

“Unnie… Chaeyoung is sorry about it already.”

“Well… she…”

Ring… ring… ring…

“Hello Nayeon?”

“Your unnie needs a cooler ringtone…” Chaeyoung whispers to Sakura.

Mina heard Chaeyoung’s whisper and quickly glares at the choding.

“Emergency? Right now? But I’m with…”

“It’s okay unnie…” Sakura waves her unnie off “I’m okay now, Just go to Nayeon unnie…”

“Fine… I’ll be there quick…” Mina presses the red button. “Sakura, will you be ok going home?”

Mina almost snarl as she sees the skinny, pale girl raise her arm up in the air like an elementary school kid ready to answer a teacher’s question.

“I’ll take her home…” Chaeyoung nods, “I’ll prove to you unnie… I can protect you and your family…”

“I don’t trust you.”

“Don’t let my skinny self fool you… I’m strong…” Chaeyoung defended herself.

“Unnie… Chaeyoung…” Sakura steps in to referee between the two. “I will be okay really…”

But while Sakura is trying to convince her unnie that, Mina still looks pretty determine about the choding.

“Ok fine…” Mina exhales sharply, "But only because you say so…”

*

“This is the emergency you are talking about?!” Mina snaps angrily at Nayeon for this ridiculousness

“It is an emergency… an emergency of the heart…”

Mina opens ready to fire back, but shut it again when she realized that there is no point at being angry. What’s done is done.

“Excuse us for a second…” Mina tries to smile politely at the girl/boy/ whatever this Amber person is before dragging Nayeon to the corner.

“What do you think you’re doing? Setting me up with Amber?”

Oooppss... says Nayeon inside her head. She was always the most stubborn one in the group. And even if Jeongyeon says that they will find that special girl together, she went ahead and tried to find the girl for Mina and she picked Amber… the manliest of them all.

“Ummm… well…” quick Nayeon, you’re brilliant you can get out of this… “Really? I thought she was a dude?”

Mina couldn’t figure out if she should mentally slap herself or mentally slap Nayeon.

“Nayeon, we go to an all girls university. she might look like a dude, but she’s a girl.”

“Oh… I thought she’s a dude… like you know how Sulli pretended to be a dude to get into Minho’s school? Maybe that’s Amber’s case too? She’s a dude pretending to be a girl.”

“That only happens in drama… Nayeon and if she’s pretending to be a girl, she’s doing such a lousy job.”

“So, it’s a no?”

“It’s a Hell no…”

*

But obviously Amber didn’t get the point and have now became Myoui Mina’s stan trailing Mina wherever she goes.

“Do you have anything to do with this?”

Jeongyeon jumps on Nayeon as Mina was hiding out somewhere in the university again

“Ummm… no…” Nayeon denies, biting on her carrot so the two would leave her alone.

But Jeongyeon and Momo are already staring at her in suspicion… This problem has Im Nayeon written all over it.

*

Mina has her amazing flexibility to thank for as she able to squeeze out of a school locker.

Boo…

Mina jumps up in fright and turn around to see Amber catching up to her again.

“Oh Amber… it’s you…”

“Mina… sometimes I think you are trying to run away from me.” Amber wags her finger teasingly…

“What? Of course not…” Mina chuckles embarrassingly for getting caught. How childish is this? If she wants out from all this stalking, she needed to be honest.

“Truth is…I… ummm… you know… ummm… I’m with somebody right now.”

Mina couldn’t help but mentally facepalm herself for covering up with a lie. Hopefully it wouldn’t blow up in her face.

“Really?” Amber raised her brow, quite suspicious of this. “You're Myoui Mina if you’re with someone I thought it will be all over campus.”

“It is… it’s just you know… a secret.”

“Who?” Amber pried for more evidence.

“It’s ummm…”

Mina’s eyes quickly darted around the whole hallway. A sense of guilt started to take over her to admit to herself that even if she recognize most of this girls around school, still she can’t remember any of their names.

Except her…

Her? With the tiger backpack? How ridiculous could this girl be? What kind of a college student wears a tiger backpack?

“It’s ummm her.”

“Her?”

“Ahhh… yeah…” No matter how much it pained Mina, right now she has no choice. “Ummm… Chaeyoung-yah?”

Chaeyoung face scrunches into a frown when she hears someone calling her name filled with puking aegyo.

“Chaeyoung-yah?”

Chaeyoung looks for the culprit among the girls in the hallway. Until she saw her, her love now has a look of such despair in her face.

“Yes?” Chaeyoung pops in between the two. “You’re not mad at me anymore?”

“What?” Mina chuckles nervously “Of course I can’t be mad at you for long… ummm… baby.”

“Huh?” Could this be it? Did Myoui Mina finally realized that they’re meant to be?

“I can’t be mad this long at my girlfriend, right?”

Mina is giving Chaeyoung the signal, wishing that she takes the hint and starts pretending…

“Ahhh… yeah… yeah… of course… I’am… no one better for Myoui Mina than me… Why you? you trying to take away my girl?”

Even if Chaeyoung was frowning, it’s hard to take someone with such a cute face so seriously. But Chaeyoung was serious…

“Are you? Are you?” She steps closer getting in Amber’s space “Hmmm? Hmmm?”

Mina could say Chaeyoung is doing a good job pretending to be this girlfriend thing.

“Wanna fight?” Chaeyoung shows Amber her fists.

“Alright… alright…” Amber waves her arms out in surrender… “Geez…”

Amber turns around, ready to out her wounds.

Mina let out a sigh of relief as she watches Amber finally leave.

“Ummm… thanks Chaeyoung… I owe you one.”

“No problem girlfriend.”

Girlfriend?

Mina turns her head in terror. Did she just heard it right? Did Chaeyoung just call her, her girlfriend?

“Chaeyoung… you know thank you for doing this… but I just did this so that Amber would stop bothering me.”

“Don’t worry girlfriend I will never let her bother you again.”

Mina clenches her forehead as she felt a vein pulsating madly. What on Earth is happening? She sees Chaeyoung typing madly in her phone with a strawberry case… Oh my God… her girlfriend is a freaking kid… hold on a sec… Did she just say unconsciously admit that Chaeyoung is her girlfriend?

“It’s just pretend, Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung suddenly stop typing and Mina no matter how cold she might be was helpless at those teary doe eyes.

“Why can’t we make it real? Don’t you like me?”

“W-well… I do… but…” Mina stammers, struggling for an answer.

“Then… that’s all we need!” Chaeyoung says excitedly “you like me, I like you… ”

“B-but Chaeyoung…” Mina tries her best to sound reasonable. “Were just supposed to be pretending."

“B-but…” Chaeyoung says… “I already tweet about it.”

Chaeyoung raises her phone to show the evidence. Mina moves closer to see and there it is, right in Chaeyoung’s t-list for the whole world to see.

Ddalgilover @Chaeyoungddict
Officially off the market, I belong to @MyouiMina already <3

“A-are you breaking up with me already?”

Mina could swear she hears Chaeyoung’s voice crack as she ask the question. And that face… God Damn that too cute of a face, how could she just say no to that?

Fine… fine! Mina surrenders, she’ll go along with whatever Chaeyoung is thinking… But how she’ll get out of this mess… she doesn’t know…

Mina could feel her phone vibrating nonstop… she could already imagine what this is all about.

She picks up her phone and the first message she got was a text from Jeongyeon.

 Jeongyeon
DUDE!!! What the EFF!!! Here we r wondering y u won’t date anybody, and now we find out you’re hooking up with your kid sister’s BFF… What the hell is going on, Myoui?!


Mina just sighs in frustration… She wished she knows what to say, but even she is confused to what was going on. And right now, the only answer she could give are those perpetual three words.


I don’t know…