As If I Were Still Dreaming

Taste My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehwan entered the house quietly, knowing most of the clan would be out hunting or just out having fun. As long as they weren’t putting everyone in danger, Jaehwan didn’t mind, he wasn’t a very strict leader. At least, not when he didn’t have to be.

 

He sighed to himself as Hongbin’s scent hit him, hoping the younger wouldn’t ask questions.

 

“Jaehwan!” He turned at the sound of his name, giving Hongbin a smile, “Where were you? I thought we were going hunting today with Sanghyuk”

 

Jaehwan bit his tongue, he didn’t forget, he just didn’t want to go. But he knew he couldn’t say that.

 

“I’m sorry, I went on a short walk, we can still hunt if you want” Jaehwan suggested.

 

“Sanghyuk’s still sleeping anyway, I was gonna let him choose the place this-” Hongbin stopped and sniffed the air, looking confused, “What is that smell? It’s familiar but I can’t place it”

 

“Probably some plant I walked by” Jaehwan tried not to tense up.

 

“It smells more, I don’t know, like a home?” Hongbin took one last sniff, “Hakyeon? Were you with him?”

 

“I was, he’s still out, wanted to hunt after the walk” Jaehwan hoped he’d believe it.

 

“He didn’t seem like he was up to something, did he?” Hongbin asked as they arrived at Sanghyuk and Hongbin’s shared room.

 

“No, he seemed normal” Jaehwan lied easily.

 

“It’s just, he’s been so distant, and then the incident with the prey, and I heard he came home right before sunrise yesterday. You don’t think he’s compromising us?” Jaehwan sighed and placed a hand on Hongbin’s shoulder.

 

“He’s just going through a hard time, don’t worry, we’ll be safe” Jaehwan told the truth, the only person Hakyeon was going to hurt was himself and his new friends, “Now wake up Sanghyuk, let’s go hunting”

 

Hongbin nodded and left Jaehwan alone in the hallway. He took a deep breath, he was always awkward with Sanghyuk, and the leader did his best to avoid him, for his own sake. Hongbin knew this, and that’s why he always tries to get the two of them together, and Hakyeon usually helps him get out of it. He just can’t always handle the pain and guilt that comes with Sanghyuk.

 

The door opened and Sanghyuk stepped out first, a bright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter