Reach Out

Taste My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was halfway out of the door when he got Wonshik’s message.

 

“I’ve already found someone amazing” It came with love and happiness and Hakyeon had to pause for a moment.

 

Surely he didn’t mean to send that, he must’ve been talking to Taekwoon about something and it slipped. Hakyeon stayed quiet, not wanting to respond in any way, knowing he’d probably embarrass Wonshik. A quick shake of his head cleared his thoughts, and he set off to find Jaehwan.

 

Hakyeon knew the leader probably didn’t want to be found, but he couldn’t let his friend suffer alone.

 

“Jaehwan?” He called through the hollow, looking around and trying to catch his scent.

 

“What is it?” His tone was dismissive, and Hakyeon spotted him in the tree.

 

“Are you okay?” Hakyeon moved to climb up there.

 

“How’s Sanghyuk?” Jaehwan didn’t look at Hakyeon as he joined him.

 

“Still asleep, but safe” He tried to study Jaehwan’s expression, “I’m sure he’ll be fine, just a little bump in the road”

 

“And what if he isn’t?” Jaehwan shot back, “What if he goes rogue? What if he leaves?”

 

“Why would he? You’re getting worried for no reason” Hakyeon wasn’t sure if that was the truth, but he wasn’t going to let Jaehwan know that.

 

“Why wouldn’t he?! We’ve all been lying to him, once he finds out he’ll hate all of us” Jaehwan met Hakyeon’s gaze, and for a second he thought he saw a tear forming.

 

“If he learns the truth then he’ll know you were just trying to protect him” Hakyeon watched as Jaehwan took a shaky breath.

 

“Just because we think that doesn’t mean he will. I just.. Don’t want to lose him again” Jaehwan let a tear fall and sighed, “I’m sorry, I haven’t been myself since it happened”

 

“That’s why I’m here, to make sure you’re okay” Hakyeon gave him a sympathetic smile.

 

“What a clan leader I am, running away to cry abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter