You Haven't Come Back To Me

Taste My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He knew he shouldn’t leave, something could happen and he’d be needed, but Jaehwan just needed some time to himself after the past few days. And maybe he should’ve thought twice before letting his feet just lead him anywhere, but part of him knew he would’ve ended up here anyway. The hollow that he loved and hated all at once, the tree that held more memories than he’d like to admit, his place of comfort and hurt.

 

Jaehwan found himself climbing up the tree, wondering if their silly little carving was still there. Little faces with a heart around them, the one with a larger nose being him. And for the first time in a while, he found himself smiling at the memory, something he didn’t think was possible anymore.

 

Rustling came from the bushes and he transformed, fear causing him to hide from whoever the stranger was. His heart leaped into his throat when Sanghyuk’s figure emerged, stretching and looking around to see if he was alone. Jaehwan knew he couldn’t hide for long, Hongbin taught Sanghyuk everything he knows, especially how to pick out other vampire’s scents. And he was sure Sanghyuk would smell him in the tree soon, so he carefully and reluctantly fluttered out of the leaves and down to the ground. He detransformed and slowly walked into view, smiling softly.

 

“You scared me, Sanghyuk” Jaehwan spoke first, the younger bowing in apology.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t pick up your scent, I can go if you want” Sanghyuk suggested, but Jaehwan shook his head.

 

“It’s fine, I don’t mind the company if you don’t” Jaehwan gave the younger a warm smile, he wasn’t going to keep pushing him away.

 

“I don’t mind” Sanghyuk smiled back, although nervously.

 

Jaehwan admired the tree, dragging a hand across it, before deciding to take a seat at the base.

 

“So I take it you like this place” Sanghyuk watched the leader, and Jaehwan could tell he was debating sitting with him.

 

“I love it, I actually used to come here a lot with a.. a friend of mine” Jaehwan regretted giving that much information as Sanghyuk sat down.

 

“Was it Hakyeon?” Sanghyuk asked innocently.

 

“Ah, no, you wouldn’t know them” Jaehwan couldn’t meet the younger’s curious eyes.

 

“Are they not in the clan? A vampire from another clan?” Sanghyuk gasped, “A… human?”

 

Jaehwan forced a chuckled, “You’re very curious”

 

“Sorry, I just want to know more about you” Sanghyuk told hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter