And Another Night I Wasn't In Control

Taste My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He rolled over, then back again, slowly opening his eyes only to see Hongbin hovering over him.

 

“What happened? Where’s Jaehwan?” Sanghyuk tried to sit up, but Hongbin was quick to stop him.

 

“You passed out, we didn’t know when you’d wake up” Hongbin tried to explain as Sanghyuk pushed past him to sit up.

 

“I feel like I just slept for days, rest is the last thing I need right now” He protested, so Hongbin backed off, “What time is it?”

 

“It’s around 8:30, the sun just started to go down” Hongbin answered, his eyes still worried, “Are you sure you feel okay?”

 

“I’m okay, I just need to do something” Sanghyuk got out of bed despite Hongbin’s protests.

 

“Do you want someone to come with you in case you pass out again?” He wanted to refuse, but Hongbin had a point.

 

“You can come, just be quiet, I don’t want anyone to know we’re out” Sanghyuk knew he could trust Hongbin, so he was sure his company wouldn’t hurt.

 

As long as Jaehwan didn’t notice them leave, he was happy.

 

He led Hongbin outside, and he was sure that Hongbin could guess where they were headed. But he had to get there, he had to check. Because then maybe, just maybe, some of his questions would be answered. Sanghyuk sighed in relief that no one was in the hollow, it was going to make the trip quicker.

 

“Should I keep watch?” Hongbin asked, and Sanghyuk was thankful for his help.

 

“Make sure we weren’t followed” Sanghyuk told him, knowing he had the best sense of smell.

 

He didn’t look to see Hongbin’s reaction, heading up the tree without a second thought. Sanghyuk almost froze, he didn’t think he’d find it, the carving that he knew so well but couldn’t figure out why. It was the only thing he could remember from his coma dream, the faces with a heart around them, in the tree of the hollow that also showed up in his dreams. 

 

That’s when it struck him, maybe these weren’t dreams.

 

“Hongbin, how’d you find me?” He jumped down from the tree and Hongbin gave him a confused look.

 

“I told you, passed out in the forest, we think some rogue vampire turned you and left you” The same story, but he believed it less and less.

 

“But is that really it? Is that true?” Sanghyuk felt his head threaten to hurt, but willed it away.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter