In This Deep Darkness

Taste My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taekwoon sat alone in his room, letting the outside breeze blow inside through his window. He inferred from the cold air that the sun was setting, or maybe it already had. He didn’t know, but he didn’t mind as he let the wind blow into his face. Then he heard rustling outside, coming closer and closer to his window. He imagined a squirrel, smiling to himself, but the knock on his window told him he was wrong.

 

“Mind if I come in?” Hakyeon’s voice met his ears and the smile came back.

 

“Come on in” Taekwoon invited, listening as the vampire entered his room.

 

“Where is your friend?” Hakyeon asked and Taekwoon felt his weight added to the bed.

 

“I know my way around my own room” He answered, “What are you doing here?”

 

“I wanted to see you again” His voice was closer to Taekwoon now.

 

“How romantic” Taekwoon replied sarcastically, unphased by the sudden closeness.

 

“It is, I risked my life to come here” Hakyeon’s hand found Taekwoon’s shoulder.

 

“We’ve only known each other for a day and you’ve already fallen for me” Taekwoon scoffed and Hakyeon laughed.

 

Taekwoon knew he’d remember that laugh.

 

“I guess I’m just easy to please” Hakyeon replied and Taekwoon could feel the vampires breath on his neck.

 

“Did you not eat before coming?” Taekwoon asked and Hakyeon backed off.

 

“I didn’t have time” Hakyeon sighed and Taekwoon held out his wrist.

 

“Here, just stop when I say so” Taekwoon offered and Hakyeon grabbed his wrist gently.

 

“Are you sure?” Hakyeon asked, rubbing Taekwoon’s wrist.

 

“I trust you won’t hurt me” Taekwoon insisted, shivering at the feeling of Hakyeon’s tongue on his wrist.

 

Taekwoon held his breath as he waited for Hakyeon’s fangs. He gasped when the fangs broke his skin, his breath faltering at the pain. A loud knock made Taekwoon’s head turn, but Hakyeon didn’t stop.

 

“Who is it?” Taekwoon managed.

 

“It’s Wonshik, young master” He answered and Hakyeon stopped.

 

“Don’t let him in yet, let me clean you up” Hakyeon whispered, his tongue going over the wound.

 

“Hold on” Taekwoon called as the pain faded from his wrist.

 

“All done” Hakyeon moved away from Taekwoon.

 

Taekwoon stood up and felt his way across the room to the door, opening the door for Wonshik.

 

“I just came to check up on you” Wonshik began, “What is he doing here?!”

 

“Vampires get lonely too” Hakyeon spoke and Taekwoon turned towards the sound.

 

“He was outside my windo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter