The Cold War (Started)

Behind the Curtains

It's been 2 weeks. Red Velvet have been really busy with tons of schedules. They've been to every shows, events and award shows. Doing concerts here and there before their upcoming tour. 
 

11:45 pm

The award show has ended and it's time for Red Velvet to go home. On their ways before they got out of the building, Wendy wanted to hold Irene's hand as usual but she got rejected instead. Wendy felt confused and got a little irritated with the action by the latter. 
 

So, they went out normally without physical contacts and got into the van. They sat in the place they originally sat since debut. Wendy who's still feels irritated by what happened back then started to speak up. While the others were almost fell asleep. 
 

"What was that, Joohyun unnie?" Wendy asked with a serious tone. So, Irene without looking at the back answered,"What was what?" sounded confused. 
 

"The thing that you do just now. What were you trying to tell me?" Wendy asked again. Irene's still not looking back at Wendy and answered, "What thing? Telling you what? What are you even talking about?" 
 

The manager oppa who's driving kinda get what the situation was but kept quiet. "You know what I'm talking about, unnie?!" Wendy raises her voice this time. The other members were a little surprised at the voice. 
 

Seulgi who sat beside Wendy tried to calm her down and patted Wendy's back. "Seungwan-ah, calm down. What has got into you?" Seulgi asked. "Why don't you ask her!" Wendy stomp herself at her seat. Seulgi got a little taken back by the action of her friend. 
 

"Seungwan-ah, I don't think it's the right time to talk about this. The others need to rest. We'll talk when we get home." Irene said tried to sound calm. "Suits yourself!" Wendy said in a big voice and then put on her earphone and just closed her eyes. 
 

Seulgi was just too speechless at the moment and decided not to interrupt anymore so she just looked at the other sideways. While the other two younger members at the back stayed silent not dare to say anything in that situation. 
 

The manager oppa looked at the latter beside him who were about to cry, patted her as a sign to stay a little bit patient about it. Joy from the back who saw it but chose to not say anything until they got home. 
 

They've arrived at the dorm. Wendy opened her eyes, sitting up straight waiting for the door to be opened. When the door opened, she immediately got off the car and walked angrily to the dorm stomping her feet. 
 

The other girls followed one by one and leaving Irene who's the only one left in the van. Witnessing everything from the window before she got off from the seat. She was about to walk to the dorm when manager oppa stopped her. 
 

"Irene-ah, she will understand soon. They will understand soon. Don't give up. I know you can do this." he said encouraging her. Irene sighed and just nodded without saying anything. Then, she turned around and started walking to the dorm. 
 

At the dorm

12:35 am

 

The three of the members, Seulgi, Joy and Yeri were already in Seulgi's room discussing about things that happened awhile ago. 
 

"Look, I know it's gonna sound weird but trust me I love Joohyun unnie. But...." Joy hesitated to say it. "But what?!" both Seulgi and Yeri said it loudly. "Shhh! Don't be too loud. They'll hear us." Joy said in a small voice. 
 

"Fine. But what?" Yeri said with a small voice this time. "But, I think.... I think Joohyun unnie is having an affair-" Joy didn't get to finish her sentence and got interrupted by the duo. "WHAT?!" With a loud voice.

 

So, Joy covered both of the duo's mouth. "Shhhhhhhh!! I told you guys not to be so loud" as Joy shushing them. "Are you sure about this, Sooyoung?" Seulgi asked.

 

"No, I said it's just my thought. But, don't you think Joohyun unnie looked super closed to manager oppa these days? Ever since Joohyun unnie went to the office the other day. Alone.. with manager oppa. Plus, she acted weirdly since then." Joy tried to explain to the two. 
 

"No no no. Joohyun unnie won't do that. We all know how loyal she is to Seungwan." Seulgi said, obviously she's not buying it. She had known Irene for the longest time of her life. She knows Irene wouldn't do that. 
 

Yeri nodded in agreement. "True. I don't think Joohyun unnie would do that." Yeri finally spoke up. "I know.. but I saw oppa patted Joohyun unnie in the van just now. Also, he even stopped unnie before leaving downstairs." Joy said. 
 

"Come on, Sooyoung unnie. It's just a pat it won't mean anything. Maybe oppa was trying to assure her that everything is gonna be fine." Yeri answered. "What about the talk downstairs?" Joy asked. 
 

"Maybe he did the same thing again. Look, we all know how unnie is. She won't cheat on Seungwan and Seungwan won't cheat on her. No one's gonna cheat on anyone. There must be something else that happened." Seulgi said while thinking of another option. 
 

Joy nodded in agreement. "Okay, let's do this. Yeri and I will go to Seungwan unnie and try to calm her down a bit and talk to her. You, Seulgi unnie will go to Joohyun unnie and try to ask her what's happening-"

 

"SO YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HIM?!" Wendy’s voice was heard from outside of the room. "Wait, what? How did she- no no no this is not good." Joy said rushingly and got up and dragged the other two to come out. 
 

A few minutes ago.

Wendy's POV 

 

Wendy who had changed her clothes wanted to go to the kitchen to grab some drink before bed. So, she walk passed Seulgi's room and heard something. 
 

She thought of knocking on the door but she stopped when she heard, "I think Joohyun unnie is having an affair..." and she continues to listen to the conversation until Joy said about the pat part. She couldn't take it anymore and leave the room. 
 

She was sitting at the dining table, sipping a drink little by little. Her eyes were full with anger and jealousy. Then, she heard the front door opening and closing. 
 

She heard someone walking to the kitchen and she was right. It was Irene. Irene looked at her but she didn't say anything and just walk passed her to get a glass of water. 
 

"So, you're not gonna talk about what happened huh?" Wendy asked calmly but not too calm as you imagine. 
As Irene sipped a bit from the glass, she answered "It's nothing, okay? There's nothing to talk about. Come on. I was tired and maybe I didn't notice-" but got interrupted by Wendy. 
 

"Notice? Huh. How will you notice if you're already into him." she said with an irritated voice. "Him? What do you mean?" Irene asked in confusion. 
 

Wendy smirked, "Huh. You know what I mean or who I mean." Irene stood there in confusion and silently and really not understanding anything. Wendy whose anger was really built up and couldn't take it no more, stood up from the chair and slammed her hands on the dining table. 
 

"SO YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH HIM?!" Wendy shouted loudly to Irene. "What affair?! Who's "him"?!" Irene asked still in confusion but with a big voice this time. 


"MANAGER OPPA!" Wendy shouted once again. "Whatt?!!" Irene said in disbelief. "How could you say that?!" Irene trying to argue back. 
 

"How could I?! I am supposed to be the one who asked that! Who could you cheat on me like this?!" Wendy said close to dropping her angry tears. 
 

"Cheating? No no no. Babe, I-" Irene tried to explain but Wendy interrupted again. "Don't you dare to call me that. You thought I wouldn't noticed about it? You looked so closed to oppa. I wonder why. Not just that, you rejected my hugs and even holding hands when we're in public. *snobbing sound* How could you Joohyun... I trusted you." Wendy said in a crying voice. 
 

"Seungwan, it's not what you think. Look, I am not cheating on you and I'm not having an affair with anybody." Irene explained and tried to come closer to Wendy. But, Wendy got away. "Then, what? What is it that you're hiding?" 

 

"It's nothing. It's just- may- maybe we should tone it down a bit in pu- public. You know?" Irene stuttered. "You're such a terrible liar, Joohyun. Since when did you care so much about that? Huh?!" Wendy said in an angry voice again. 
 

"Since now! Look, I've had enough with this conversation. I'm tired! I'll go to bed now." she tried to leave without looking at Wendy and Wendy stopped her by grabbing her arm. "You're not going anywhere. We're not finish yet." 

 

"What more do you want me to say, Seungwan-ah." Irene said finally looking at Wendy's face. "I know you're lying. Speak the truth, now." Wendy said while still snobbing.
 

"Speak the truth? You even said that I'm a terrible liar. Huh! You know what? You're a terrible liar too." Irene tried to provoke Wendy. 
 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Wendy looked Irene in the eyes while her tears still dropping down her cheeks. 
 

Irene smirked,"You think I wouldn't know that you still keep in touch with Eric Nam? Do you think I was that naive to not notice about that? Huh?"

 

"What?! Don't even bring him into this. That's different. We're contacting each other because of work! Unlike you!" Wendy said loudly. "What am I doing with manager oppa then?! Have you seen that we kissed?! Did we hold hands? Huh?!" Irene argued back.

 

"Of course you would not do that when I'm around. That must be so stupid to even do that aren't ya? I'm not having this conversation anymore, Joohyun. I'm going to bed. Don't ever talk to me. I don't wanna hear you anymore!" Wendy said while walking away from the kitchen. She walk passed the other three who stood there in front of Seulgi's room. 
 

They literally froze and not dare to say anything to Wendy who just walk passed them and finally disappeared into her room. While Irene was making her way to her room as well and walk passed the other three too. "Un-unnie, we-" Seulgi tried to speak up. "Don't talk to me right now. I'm not in the mood. Go to bed. We have another schedule tomorrow." and she disappeared to her room. 
 

"This is getting out of hands, now. What are we gonna do?" Yeri asked worriedly. "I think we should just let them calm themselves first. While in the mean time, we're gonna figure out what to do." Seulgi said. 
 

"I agree with Seulgi unnie. Let's go to bed, now. We'll discuss tomorrow." Joy said while yawning. "Yeah, let's go to bed. Goodnight." Yeri said and all of them went separate ways to go to their room. 
 

 


 

 

Uff! I got really headache writing out this chapter. So how was it? Is it good? Lol >< what's gonna happen next?