Kingdom Come

Behind the Curtains

4:24 pm

 

The girls have been practicing for hours now. During the dance practice, Irene and Wendy kept glancing at each other through the mirror. They finished the song with the last pose. Now, it's their break time. 

 

"Phew! I'm so tired and out of energy. Help me.." Joy said while panting.

 

"That's so dramatic of you, unnie" Yeri said teasing Joy.

 

"Yaahh!" Joy shouted while slapping Yeri's arm lightly.

 

Yeri chuckled at the action.

 

"Guys, wanna go to the cafe and grab something to eat? I'm so hungry." Seulgi suggested.

 

"Me too! I'm hungry!" Joy said.

 

"Me too! Me too!" Yeri said while raising her hand.

 

Seulgi nodded at the two then, turn to sideways to look at the other two.

 

"How about you two? Wanna join us?" Seulgi asked Irene and Wendy who were both just stood there silently.

 

"Nah, I'm gonna take a rest a bit here. You guys can go and eat." Irene said.

 

"Okay, how about you, Seungwan-ah?" 

 

"Uhh.. I'll stay here. I'm too tired to walk. Can you just buy me something to drink? Anything." Wendy said.

 

"Okay then." Seulgi understood what her friend about to do so she made a "fighting" sign when Irene wasn't looking.

 

So, the 3 of them went out with some of the managers and the dancers to the cafe. Then, there's only Wendy, Irene and them other manager.

 

Irene then, went to sit on the floor and starts massaging her shoulder and legs. Not long after that, the other manager went out as well. So, that leaves only the two of them in the room.

 

Wendy looked at the manager went his way out then glance to Irene through the mirror who was massaging herself. She then made her way to Irene and sat down and started helping to massage Irene's shoulder which made Irene surprised by the action. Irene tried to look up to Wendy and wanted to say something.

 

"Can you sit still? It won't do if you keep moving around." Wendy said with no expression.

 

"Yahhh~ It hurts" Irene whined.

 

"That's why you gotta sit still, babe-" Wendy suddenly stopped at her words.

 

"Wa-wait. Did you said "babe" ?" Irene tried to ask in a teasing way.

 

"Wh-what? I didn't say anything, okay? Now, come on. Sit still lady." Wendy tried to act like she had said nothing.

 

This time, Irene didn't care and turned around to face Wendy which caught Wendy off guard.

 

"I heard it~" Irene said teasingly.

 

"You heard it wrong!" Wendy tried to defend herself but actually ended up being blushed.

 

Without them realizing, their faces were so closed to each other. Then, Wendy realised about the situation so, she took the chance to make it seemed like she was about to kiss so, Irene had her eyes closed then suddenly, *slaps* on Irene's arm. Irene's eyes immediately widened.

 

"Wh-what was that for?" Irene asked.

 

"That's your "punishment"." Wendy said while crossing her arms.

 

"P-punishment? For what?"

 

"For all the lies you've told me."

 

Irene looked at Wendy confusingly.

 

"What do you mean?" Irene asked.

 

"You know what I mean."

 

"O-okay, can you just say straight to the point? Plus, you slapped me so hard. It hurts!"

 

"That's what you deserved!"

 

Irene just pouted.

 

"Why didn't you tell me about the things that happened between you and the CEO? That I needed to hear it from the other girls and not from my own girlfriend?"

 

"B-because I don't want you-"

 

"Because you don't want me to get worried while you're alone and made yourself worried and scared? Who am I to you?"

 

"My g-girlfriend" Irene said with a puppy eyes looking at Wendy.

 

"Exactly, then why don't you just tell me?"

 

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't do it on purpose, Seungwan-ah. I was too scared. I-I don't even had the courage to tell anyone. Only (manager) oppa knows about this. I-I am.. sorry" Irene said while looking down.

 

"Is he your boyfriend?"

 

Irene shake her head.

 

"Is he your partner?"

 

Irene shake her head again while her head was still down low.

 

"Am I your girlfriend?"

 

Irene nodded slowly.

 

"I'm the one who needed to know all these things, right?"

 

Irene nodded again.

 

Wendy let out a heavy sighed and stay silent for a bit. Not long after that, Wendy took both of Irene's hands and hold it.

 

"Look at me." Wendy said.

 

Irene then looked up.

 

"I'm sorry that you had to go through these alone. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for you. I'm sorry for the things that I've said to you. I'm sorry."

 

"N-no, Seungwan-ah.."

 

"Listen to me. These are the things I should've said to you and for both of us. If you ever feel scared, call me and say that you're scared. If you ever feel sad, hold my hand and hug me. If we ever had a fight or argue, let's talk and listen to each other. Be honest."

 

Irene was closed to tear up.

 

"I just want you to know, we would always had your back. I got you AND you got me." Wendy said and tears started falling.

 

Irene started to tear up too upon hearing that. Then, Irene pulled Wendy into a hug.

 

"I should've known you better, Seungwan-ah. I-I-"

 

"Shhh. I've been longing for this hug. Can we stay like this for a bit longer? I miss you." 

 

Irene without hesitation then just nodded and they continue to hug each other.

 

After the long hug, they back off and face each other. Irene then, wiped the tears on Wendy's face.

 

"I miss you more, Seungwan-ah." Irene said while smiling.

 

Wendy smiled as well. "Promise me, we'll tell each other everything no matter what."

 

"I promise. B-but, what about the CEO?"

 

"We'll have to discuss about that with the others. Let's have their opinions too."

 

Irene smiled and nodded.

 

"Can I have one more thing from you?" Irene asked.

 

"Anything for you." Wendy said and smiled.

 

"A kiss." Irene said in a small tone and blushed.

 

"Oh, so now you wanted a kiss after you "cheated" on me?" Wendy said teasing and act sulky.

 

Irene just pouted. "I didn't cheat~" she whined.

 

Wendy giggled at her. "Awww. I was just kidding, come here~"

 

Wendy pulled Irene and they kissed.

 

"I love you" Irene said.

 

"I love you more" Wendy replied.

 

"No, I love you more." Irene said.

 

"Nooo, I love you more" Wendy said.

 

And they both laughed at their silliness. 

 

 

Well, there you go. It ended. What a rollercoaster ride. Honestly, they might had a different stories on why they had that "cold war" and it hurts just seeing them ignoring each other but thank God they got a lot happier after that. Hope you guys like it! 

Please wait for another update, it might take a long time because I have work. So , yeah. See you guys other time!