It Hurts You & Me

Behind the Curtains


----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

7.26 am

 

Irene whose up early immediately went to wash herself up. They had to go to SM building in the afternoon to do some rehearsals for their upcoming concert. 
 

As soon as Irene had finished getting ready, she went straight to the kitchen. But, there's already someone else in the kitchen. She looked closely who it was and finally realised that it was her girlfriend, Wendy. 
 

She walked slowly into the kitchen and tried to stand close to Wendy who's busy preparing breakfast. 
 

"Good morning, what are you making?" Irene tried to ask carefully. But, no replied. 
 

So, she tried again. "Umm.. You're up early, did you had a good sleep last night?" Irene asked hoping they'll be an aswer for it. 
 

Still silent. Only the sound of Wendy's equipment of her making the breakfast was heard. But, Irene won't give up easily so, she tried again. This time it's quite a bit risky question. 
 

"Are you still mad...babe?" 
 

Finally, Wendy looked up and turned to face Irene slowly.
 

"We've talked about this, alright? You don't have to call me that anymore. He's your baby. Call him "babe" all you want." 
 

Irene sighed. "Look, I told you I didn't cheat on you. Why can't you trust me on that? Plus, with manager oppa? Do you think I'm that crazy?"

 

"Then, tell me what were you doing in the office the other day and why did you acted weirdly since then." Wendy said with her arms crossed. 
 

"I told you I had to reschedule something an-and that we just gotta be careful of our behaviour towards each other." Irene said while stuttering. 
 

Wendy shaked her head. "Nope. That was a lame excuses. We've talked about being in public. I'm not that stupid to believe all of that." 
 

Wendy said while turning back to the sideways to continue preparing breakfast. 
 

"Please... don't do this to me, Seungwan-ah. I-"

"You did this to yourself, Irene. I trusted you with all my heart. I loved you more than anything. Just- just don't ever talk to me again." Wendy said without looking up but her voice sounded trembling.


Irene let out a heavy sigh after hearing that. She then started to walk away leaving Wendy in the kitchen alone. 
 

Wendy began to tear up after the situation. 
 

"I love you, Joohyun-ah. But, why? Why did you do that to me?" she thought to herself while tearing up.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi who heard and witnessed everything can't help but to feel upset about the situation. (She was hiding and quickly going back to her room silently before Irene went her way to her room.)

 

Seulgi then decided to come out from the room and act like she wasn't witnessing anything and greeted Wendy. 
 

"Hey, girl. Good morning! What are you making this morning?" she greeted her brightly while pretended to be busy making some tea/coffee. (whatever she prefers)

 

Wendy quickly wiped her tears and greeted Seulgi back. "Morning. Just making sandwiches. It's done! There you go." Wendy said while giving out a sandwich to Seulgi. 
 

"Oh! Thanks. What about you? Have you breakfast yet?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Nah, it's okay. I'll eat later. I'm gonna go out after this." Wendy said. 
 

"Where are you going? It's still early in the morning. Shops aren't open yet, Seungwan-ah."

 

"No no. I just want to take a walk in the park. That's all." 
 

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Seulgi asked while muching her sandwich. 
 

Wendy shake her head and smiled. "Nah.. It's okay, it won't take long. I need time for myself."

 

Seulgi nodded slowly. "Just be careful, yeah? Bring your phone so you can call me if you need anything."

 

"I will. See ya later." Wendy said and immediately left the kitchen. 
 

So, Wendy taking her time in the park. Plugging her earpods while listening to 2AM - I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me


She walked and saw an empty bench. So, she sat down while the song was still playing. Suddenly, there's part of the song that goes

 

"I wonder if you hurt like me

I wonder if you cry like me

I wonder if you also spend your days like this

Living in memories, just like me"

 

She started looking at her side and tears started dropping. She was looking at the empty space beside her. 
 

"We used to sit here and just talked all day long, Joohyun-ah." she thought to herself. 
 

Memories keep reminiscing in her mind. Tears were dropping like crazy.

 

"I miss you... Joohyun-ah" she said in a small voice. 
 

Thank God it's only her in the park. She wiped her tears and let out a heavy sigh. Then, she stood up from the bench and started walking again. 
 

About 20 minutes of walk. She went back to the dorm. 
 

Meanwhile in the dorm, Irene who's in her room lying in her bed crying her balls out while her tv was "on". It's playing her song playlist.
 

"Forgive me, Seungwan-ah. I didn't mean it to be this way between us. I miss us, Seungwan-ah."


She looked at her phone while it displayed a photo of her and Wendy together. Swiping and swiping then stopped at a video where Wendy was laughing so happily. 
 

4Men - Let's Hug was playing in the background 

 

"It was hard (don't leave)

I'm so sorry (don't be like this)

Stop it now (stay with me)

Don't worry about me, I'm fine (2x)

Let's not cry again

Let's hurt just until today

Now that I'll let you go 

Please give me one more smile 

Even if I miss you every night til' I can't bear it

I'll just act like nothing happened 

Let's hug just one more time..."

 

"I miss your laugh. I miss your smile..."  Irene thought to herself. 
 

 

 

A short update. I promise it'll be longer in the next chapter.