Mission Part One

Behind the Curtains

After the arguments happened, Irene and Wendy started to ignore each other. Not even a word from each other was being said to one another. They only converse whenever it's on a show or an interview. But, it's actually looked so awkward whenever they tried to interact with each other on camera. 
 

7:17 pm 

Joy was in her room, laying in bed while playing her phone. Scrolling through all her social medias. 

 

*knock knock*
 

Someone knocked on her door. "Come in!" Joy said. Then, the door open and it was Yeri. Yeri came in after she closed the door and immediately sit beside Joy on her bed. 
 

"What is it that you want, Yeri?" Joy asked, her eyes were still locked on her phone while scrolling. "Nothing, I just wanted to sit and chill out with you. Can't I?" Yeri said while sounding like she was doing an aegyo. 
 

Finally, Joy stopped scrolling and looked up to see Yeri's face. "Really? Are you sure, Yerim-shi?" Joy said while making a suspicious face and then smirked. 
 

Then, Yeri just sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine, it's not just about sit and chilling out. I wanna discuss about that two stone-headed lovers." 
 

"What do you wanna discuss about?" Joy asked. 
 

"It's too awkward to even stay in the dorm where we gotta be silent every time we're together, you know. I don't like that kind of atmosphere. We gotta do something." Yeri let out her frustration. 
 

"Yeah. I know, Yerim-ah. Seulgi unnie and I have been discussing about it too. We tried to ask manager oppa about it but Joohyun unnie is always around. So, we couldn't get a chance to do so." Joy explained and sighed. 
 

"Hmm... what are we gotta do?" Yeri thought about it so hard. 
 

*finger snapped* "How about we go out with oppa tomorrow?" Yeri said excitingly about her idea. 
 

Joy's eyes were wide opened before she answered, "That's brilliant! Since I have one day rest tomorrow. Let's do it, then!" 
 

"Yeah, I don't think I have any meetings too tomorrow. Saeron is still busy with her shootings too. Let's tell Seulgi unnie about it, then!" Yeri said. 
 

Joy nodded and got up immediately, "Alright then, let's go to her room and tell her our plans." 


Then, Yeri got up and they both went straight to Seulgi's room. 
 

Without knocking the door they both just got into Seulgi's room and locked the door. Seulgi was surprised and got herself startled from the two. 
 

"Yaaaa~ why don't you two knock first? I almost got a heart attack, you know?" Seulgi said whinning while rubbing her chest. 
 

"You're getting old, that's why." Yeri said while laughing out loud. 
 

Seulgi just won't argue back because that's just how she is. 
 

"Now, what is it that you both want from me?" Seulgi asked. 
 

"We want some money. We're broke. Please give us some money~ pleaseu~" Joy said with a pouty lip.  
 

Yeri who can't control her laugh was laughing her off looking at her Seulgi unnie's face who seems to be a little disbelief at Joy's action. Then, Joy started to laugh too. 
 

"Ya~ Unnie, don't be too serious. I was joking. We don't need your money. We came here to tell you about our plans tomorrow." 
 

Seulgi's face looks relax now.

 

"Plans about what?" Seulgi asked. 
 

"Okay, the plan is.. We'll ask manager oppa out tomorrow to ask him about what happened to Joohyun unnie at the office the other day. Then, we can figure out what to do with those two stone-headed lovers." Joy explained. 
 

Seulgi nodded, "Okay... Good idea. But, have you ask oppa? Is he free tomorrow?" 
 

Both of them shake their heads, "That's your job, unnie. Call oppa and tell him we're going out tomorrow." Yeri said while pointing at Seulgi. 
 

"Why me? No, you guys should call oppa. It's your plan." Seulgi tried to defend herself.

 

"Yes, it's our plans but you're coming with us tomorrow and now it's your job to do your part." Yeri said. 
 

Seulgi looked disbelief at the youngers then, gave up and immediately agreed to do what she had told to do.

 

"Fine, I'll call oppa. Give me my phone there, Joy-shi." 
 

Joy got up and took the phone and hand it to Seulgi. "There you go."

 

"Thanks." then she started dialling numbers on her phone. Suddenly, "Wait, before I call what should I say exactly? Where are we going tomorrow? What are we going to do?" she asked. 
 

"Ask him if he's free tomorrow to pick us up. Then, say that we needed to do some rescheduling with him." Yeri said. 
 

"Do you think he'll be convinced?" 
 

"Unnie, just call him and say everything we've planned. We're running out of time if we wait much longer." Joy said not wanting to waste time. 
 

Seulgi nodded, "Fine fine. Let's do this."

 

She pressed the call dialer and it ringed. Not long after that, manager oppa picked up the call.

 

"Oh. He-hello, oppa! Sorry for disturbing you at this hour." Seulgi politely said. 
 

"Oh, Seulgi-ah. It's okay. Anything you need?"

 

"Well, umm. Are you free tomorrow oppa? We need you to pick us up tomorrow to rescheduling our schedule with you."

 

"We? Why do you need to reschedule your schedule? I'm free tomorrow but if you need to reschedule it I can do it for you through the phone-"

 

"No! No, we actually want to discuss about it too to make it more clear that's why we wanted to go out tomorrow. Umm... and as in "we" I mean, me, Joy and Yeri. Ye-yeah. Is it possible oppa?" Seulgi was too nervous to even say anything properly. 
 

"Umm.. Okay, then. I'll pick you guys up tomorrow. Maybe around 11 o'clock? Is that okay?" 
 

"Yes! That sounds great. Okay, oppa! Thank you! Bye" then she immediately hung up the phone. Seulgi felt relieved that everything was over. 
 

"Good job unnie!!" Yeri said while giving her a thumbs up. 
 

"He'll pick us up around 11 tomorrow. Don't be late, you two." 
 

"Alrighttt! Hope everything will go as planned tomorrow. Now, we should go to bed. Our mission is starting." Joy said while smirking.

 

"Yeah. Let's go to bed. Thanks unnie." Yeri said.

 

Next day 


10:42 am

 

Seulgi was all ready to go so, she waited for the other two in the living room. As she waited, there's Irene who just came out from her room and was about to go to the kitchen. 
 

"Good morning, unnie!" Seulgi greeted her unnie brightly. 

 

Irene turned her head towards Seulgi and she greeted back with a smile. "Oh, good morning. Are you going somewhere?" she asked. 
 

Seulgi gulped a bit as she knows the plan was about her unnie. But then, she tried to act normally and nodded.
 

"Yeah, the other two wanted to go out and they asked me to go with them. So, I just agreed. How about you, unnie? You're not going out today?" Seulgi asked trying to avoid any other questions from her unnie.

 

"Umm.. Nah, I'll stay at home for today. I need to rest." Irene answered casually. 
 

Seulgi nodded, "Ahhh. I see. Have a good rest, unnie."

 

Irene just nodded and went straight to the kitchen. One thing Seulgi actually noticed was Irene's face looked so puffy and her eyes looked so swollen.
 

"Unnie must've been crying all night. Don't worry unnie, you and Seungwan are in a good hands. Just trust us." she thought to herself. 
 

In the mean time, manager oppa texted Seulgi that he has arrived. 
 

So, Seulgi shouted from the living room. "Sooyoung-ah! Yerim-ah! Come on, let's go! We're gonna be late!"

 

Then, the two came out of the room in a rush. "Okay, okay let's go." Joy said. 
 

In the car

"Oppa, let's just go to any restaurants or cafe. We can discuss there. Plus, we're hungry. We haven't eat yet." Joy said from the back of the seat. 
 

"Okay then. Where should we go?" he asked.

 

"Let's just go to that restaurant that we usually go. Plus, they have so many selections. How about that?" Yeri said while signalling to Joy. 
 

"Ahh! Yeah, that sounds great. Let's just go there, oppa!" Joy said after receiving the signals. 

Manager oppa nodded, "Okay then."
 

As they've reached their destination, the three of them got off the van and went inside. While the manager went to park the van.
 

"Unnie, do you think this is gonna work?" the youngest asked the other two.

 

The two the sat there bluntly. "We will make it work. The more we wait, the more they'll suffer and most importantly we're gonna suffer too!" Joy strongly said. 
 

Seulgi just nodded in agreement. 
 

"Alright then, I'll let unnie do the work." Yeri said while pointing at the two with a smirk.

 

Joy sighed and rolled her eyes, "As usual, Kim Yerim." 
 

Not long after that, manager came in and sat in front of the them. "Have you guys ordered yet? Want me to order for you?" 
 

"Aaahh. Nah, it's okay. We've ordered. Oppa can go order if you want." Yeri said politely. 
 

He shake his head. "It's okay, I've eaten this morning. So, let's discuss about the schedule while waiting for the food." 
 

But, none of them spoke up. The manager looked at them suspiciously. "Is everything okay?"

 

Finally, someone spoke up. "Yeahhh. Everything is fine. Umm... We- umm.. we actually came here not to discuss about work." Seulgi said. 
 

"O...kay. Then, why?" he said calmly.

 

"Okay, let's just straight to the point. What's going on with Irene unnie? Why was she acting weird ever since after she came back from the office with you?! Are you guys having an affair?!" Joy said sounded impatient. 
 

The manager got taken aback by the sudden attack. "Woah woah, calm down Sooyoung-shi. Okay okay. Look, it's not what you guys think. First off all, I am not having an affair with her. She was just trying to protect all of you especially, Wendy." he explained.

 

All of them looked clueless. "Protect? All of us? What do you mean, oppa?" Seulgi asked. 
 

"Well, it's not my place to tell you guys about this but it seems that not telling you guys about it is gonna be worst." 
 

"Well, just tell us then. We need an explaination, oppa. We're really suffering from this "cold war"." Yeri said.

 

"Hmm.. Alright then. The day she came to the office was because the CEO wanted to meet her..." 

 

The 3 of them moved closer to manager oppa to listen clearly. 
 

"...they had a "meeting" about Irene and Wendy. It was about a video by your fans that had already been spread on all kinds of social media platforms..." 

---------------------------

After he explained everything, all of them just looked stunned.
 

"That's why she's a bit "strange" lately as you can tell." he said.

 

"Threatened her by using us? That's really unfair. I'm feeling so mad right now! How dare he-" Joy said. 
 

Seulgi and Yeri tried to calm her down. "Calm down, Sooyoung-ah. Now, is not the time to be mad. It's time to settle this down." Seulgi calming Joy down. 
 

"Yeah, unnie. I agree with Seulgi unnie. Now is not the time to be angry. We gotta figure out ways to get them back together again." the youngest said. 
 

"Oppa can you help us? We really don't know what to do." Seulgi said worriedly. The other 2 nodded as well. 
 

"Well, the key is to just be honest. In this case, it's better for Joohyun to be honest. One of you guys need to talk to Joohyun about this or else, they will forever avoid each other." manager oppa explained clearly. 
 

The two maknae looked at each other then immediately looked at Seulgi who still looked clueless. 
 

Seulgi raised her eyebrows,"Why are you guys looking at me?" 
 

The two smirked, "Well, in this case... Unnie is the closest one to Joohyun unnie. So, I think it's better for you to talk to Joohyun unnie." Joy said.

 

"I don- I don't think it's gonna work" 
 

"It WILL work, unnie. Look, you're the only one who she'll come to when she had problems. Please, unnie. We need to settle this out before the awkwardness becomes a stranger feels." Joy pleaded Seulgi with a pout.

 

Seulgi thought that she had no choice but to agree with it. So, she breathe in and breathe out. "Fine, I'll talk to Joohyun unnie. But, you guys need to do some work too. Try to cheer Seungwan up. She needs someone by her side too. Got it?" 
 

"Okay, unnie! Leave that to us. We'll do everything we can." Yeri said while doing an "ok" sign while Joy nodded in agreement. 
 

"Good. Now, everything is clear right?" the manager asked. 
 

"Yeah, oppa. Thank you so much, oppa. You've helped us a lot." Seulgi thanked him non-stop. 
 

"It's nothing, girls. Just call me anytime or if you need help. I'll be here." the manager said with a smile.

 

 

 

 

Hello there! How are you guys feeling? I'm sorry for the late update. I'm busy with work and stuff. Plus, you guys might've heard about Sulli. So, I did take a break from social media a bit. Also, I hope everyone can always be kind to one another. You can also come to me if you need someone to talk to. DM me on Twitter, it's @tae2309 ;)