The Cold War

Behind the Curtains

Throwback 

Irene's POV 

9:09 pm

*buzz* A text message from manager oppa. Irene take a look at her phone and opened it. "That's odd. Why don't he just sent it in the groupchat." Without any other hesitation she opened the message.

Manager Oppa: Irene-shi, you'll have to go to the office tomorrow by 8. Don't be late.

"Eh? I thought I don't have any schedule tomorrow though?" She thought to herself. 

Irene: For what, oppa? Do I have schedule tomorrow? Or any meetings? Does the other girls come too? 

Manager Oppa: No and no. You'll know tomorrow. Just don't be late. Remember, by 8 o'clock in the morning! I'll pick you up tomorrow. 

Irene felt herself so confused but doesn't want to ask any further. 

Irene: Alright then, oppa. Thank you. 

"That's weird. What is it gonna be?" She really felt confused by the text from the manager. But, she just let it be and immediately get ready for bed. 
 

Next day

7:15 am


Manager oppa arrived at the dorm to pick Irene up. So, he texted her that he's already downstairs. Irene who were getting ready to go out suddenly getting approched by Wendy. "Hey, you're up early. Emm... Where are you going this early?" Wendy asked. 
 

"Well, manager oppa said I need to go the office today. I don't know maybe to reschedule something." As she shrugged her shoulder. "I see. Go out safely, then." and Wendy give her a peck and waved goodbyes to each other. 
 

On their ways to the office

"What's with the meeting at the office this morning, oppa?" Irene asked as she was very curious about what's happening. "You'll know when you get there." manager oppa said sounded so serious. Irene just pouted and wondered about it until they reached their destination. 
 

As they arrived at the office. "I'll drop you off here. Go straight to the CEO's office." the manager said. "You're not coming?" Irene asked in confusion. "No, I'll pick you up when your meeting is over. Just call me later." manager explained. Irene just nodded as she got off from the car. 
 

She then went straight to the CEO's office as she was told to do. She was right in front of the office. So, she knocked the door and the CEO gave the permission for her to come in. 

As she came in, she greeted the CEO. "Good morning, sir. I was told to come to your office by manager oppa." Irene explained. Still doesn't know what's coming for her. 
 

"Yes, I asked him to tell you about that. Did he tell you why?" he asked. Irene shake her head slowly with a confused face. "Well then. First of all, have a sit, Ms. Irene." 

 

Irene did as she told and took a sit. "So, Ms.Irene. I will make this short for you, okay?" as she nodded and not saying much. "Look, I don't care who you're in a relationship with and whatever your relationship is with anyone." Irene listened to it carefully. 
 

"Especially with your members. Or with a MEMBER." he tried to highlight the word "member" well for Irene to understand. Irene kept being silent and continued to listen. "From now on, all you need to do is to be careful with your actions with her. Stay a little bit distant from her. You know who I'm talking about right, Ms.Irene?" he asked. 
 

"But, what did we do? We weren't doing anything, sir. We-" as Irene about to explain she got interrupted by the CEO. "I know you'll be saying that. Now, look at this." as he passed Irene a phone and Irene played it. It's a fancam at the ISAC where Wendy was cupping her face and tried to kiss her. 
 

Irene was a little surprised that the moment was being captured by the fans. And so she tried to explain again. "Bu-but, sir. It's just how we all-" but got interrupted again by the CEO. "Like I said, I don't care. From now on, you gotta be careful with whatever you said and do with her. Or else..." 

 

"Or else what?!" Irene said with a mad voice. "Well, if you wanna see your members suffer then go on with it. I don't mind making them suffer. Especially, Son Seungwan." as he smirked by his remarks. The last sentence got Irene really mad as she hold her grudge. 
 

"Don't you dare touch any of them.." Irene said with a warned tone. As he chuckled he said "I won't. I won't. As long as you do what I ask you to do which is to stay distant from her at any event, shows. Just any schedules or activities you do outside your dorm. You get me, Ms.Bae Joohyun?" as he stared at her while Irene looked at him so madly.

 

She didn't had a choice but to agree to it. "Fine. I'll do it and I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for them. As long as you don't come for them. I'll do it!" she knows it hurts her the most if anything happens to them. He smirked, "Good. Listen, you're a leader and I don't want any controversy or issues about this again. Remember, there are eyes watching you everywhere. I'M gonna be watching you. If you ever do against what you have told to. You know it ends." he threatened her so bad that she could burst into madness if she didn't do what she had to do. 
 

"Well, I guess it's all done here. That was an easy "discussion". Right, Ms.Irene?" he said with a smirk. She stayed silent as she knew there's nothing else she can do. "Alright then. You can go now. Remember the deal, Ms.Irene. Have a good day." she didn't want to waste her time so she stood up immediately and walked out from the office. 
 

Then, she immediately called manager oppa and manager oppa arrived at the building. 

9:10 am

In the car, on their way back to the dorm

"Look, Irene. I know it's really hard for you right now but I'm sure everything is going to be okay." the manager said. "Okay? You said it's okay for them to do that to us? Are you serious?" Irene said in disbelief.
 

"Come on. What else can you do? You know what they're capable of, Irene. It'll be worst than this and you know that." manager oppa tried to explain. "This is just too unfair, oppa. How can I be distant from her? Argh!" Irene getting frustrated thinking about it. 


"It's for the sake of your group members. Your dongsaengs. They are your priorities right now. I'm sure you don't want them to get hurt aren't you?" manager oppa asked. Irene sighed and just nodded. "We all don't want you guys to get hurt. The manager unnies and oppas are going to be here for you girls. We'll get through it together okay?" the manager managed to calm Irene down from the thoughts. 
 

"You're right, oppa. We'll do this together." Irene smiled a bit. "Good. You're a great leader, Irene. It'll end soon, I promise. So, I think we need to buy the kids at home some foods. Let's get some food for them and then, I'll drop you off. Okay?" Irene nodded and said, "Yeah. Let's go grab some food." 
 

"Seungwan-ah. You know I love you so much. You'll understand soon. I won't let them touch any of you..." Irene thought to herself.

 


 

Welp! This is just a bit of an update. I'll post more later.