The Cold War (2)

Behind the Curtains

10:15 am

No one's POV

Irene and manager oppa safely arrived at the dorm. The manager oppa helped Irene to carry foods to their dorm. As soon as they opened the door, they saw all of them sitting in front of the tv watching shows together and then they finally saw Irene and manager oppa. 

 

"Oh? Hi, oppa! Is that for us?" Joy asked. Manager oppa nodded and smiled as he put the foods on the table. "Come and join us then, oppa." Irene said. "No, it's okay. I've promised my parents to eat lunch with them." manager oppa said politely. 
 

"Ahh. I see. Thank you oppa for helping. Drive safe, oppa!" Irene said. "Goodbye, oppa!" the other girls said. "So, where were you this morning, unnie?" Joy suddenly asked. Irene got a little startled with the question but decided to act normally. 
 

"I went to the office with manager oppa. I thought I told Seungwan already this morning." she said trying to act normally. "Well, she didn't ask me. So, I didn't say anything until you come back." Wendy said while opening up all the foods. 
 

Joy ignored what Wendy said and continued to ask question to Irene who seems a little uncomfortable with the situation. "But, what were you doing at the office? I thought you had no schedule today." Joy said eagerly and already chewing something in . 
 

"You know emm- just- to reschedule some activities. There are some activities got overlaps so yeah." Irene wanted to end the conversation so badly not wanting to be caught. But, Joy seems to not buying it.
 

"Really? But, usually oppa will just send the schedule through the group chats if any of the schedule overlaps. Why the need to go to the office, unnie?" Joy asked while taking another bite of the food. 
 

Irene seems to not having it and just gonna play it really cool this time. "Well, maybe they want to explain  it more clearly so they just asked me to go to the office. Plus, it's just my schedule so probably they don't want it to be mess up in the chats." she said taking a bite looking cool but only God knows what's inside her heart now.

 

"Well, you guys go ahead and finish the food. I'm gonna go and change my clothes and take a little rest." she suddenly announced after taking the last bite and went straight to her room. 
 

She can feel her heart were about to burst knowing Joy would asked her more about it so she decided to go straight to her room to avoid more questions from Joy. 
 

"Don't you think unnie looks a bit strange?" Joy asked the other girls with a small voice. "Strange? What do you mean?" Yeri asked while muching foods in . The other girls looked suspicious too. Especially, Wendy.

 

"You know like strange. I don't know. When I asked the questions she looked a bit weird though." Joy tried to convince the girls. "I'm sure it's nothing, Sooyoung-ah. Maybe unnie is just tired because she woke up early today. That's why." Seulgi tried to not make it a big deal. 
 

While the conversations were on going between Joy and Seulgi, Wendy just stood there silently while muching her food slowly thinking about what Joy said. 
 

"Seungwan unnie, did you had a fight with Joohyun unnie?" Joy suddenly asked and it got Wendy a little surprised from her thoughts. She then immediately shake her head and said,"No.. We didn't fight or anything. We were just fine this morning. Nothing is really strange about her though. I even gave her a kiss this morning" Wendy explained. They all coughed upon hearing the last the sentence and Joy immediately said, "Lol, unnie. You don't have to mention that though" Wendy suddenly blushed at her own remarks.
 

But, Seulgi immediately said,"See? I told you. Maybe Joohyun unnie is tired. Don't overthink everything, Sooyoung-ah. Now, finish your food." Seulgi not wanting to further the conversation about it. Joy wanted to say something but she stopped as she knew this conversation won't go anywhere either. So, she continued finishing the rest of her food. 
 

Yeri who witnessed the whole situation silently finally spoke up. "Seungwan unnie. Why don't you go and ask Joohyun unnie if she's really okay? Maybe she's not feeling well since she's up early today." 
 

Wendy thought about it so hard before deciding on what she's gonna do. "I'll ask her after this." Wendy said and the other girls just nodded along. 
 

10:45 am


After the meal and they had cleaned up the table, all the girls went to their own rooms and spent their own times. While on the other hand, Wendy went to Irene's room to check up on her. So, she opened the door slowly and took a peek. She saw Irene lying on her bed but her face and body were not facing Wendy. 
 

So, she thought Irene was asleep and she's about to leave. Before she could even closed the door suddenly, "Oh? Seungwan-ah. What are you doing at the door? Come in." Irene said who was already facing Wendy this time. 
 

"Oh! Err- I thought you were asleep so I wanted to leave and not bothering you." Wendy explained as she walked into the room while closing the door. "Ahh. No, I wanted to sleep but I couldn't so I'm just lying down." Irene said with a smile while she got up and now in a sitting position. She signaled Wendy to sit beside her.

 

So, Wendy sat down on the bed comfortably before speaking up. "Err- I was going to check up on you wether you're feeling well or nah. Because the girls keep saying that you looked a bit strange ever since you're back from the office. Did something happen?" Wendy asked carefully. 
 

It took Irene a few seconds before she answered it. "Nahh. Nothing is happening. I was just a little tired from waking up early this morning that's all." Irene said with a big smile on her face. 


Wendy still looked worried."Are you sure? If there's anything happen jus-" Wendy got interrupted by a kiss from Irene. "You forgot to give me one after I came back." Irene said with a pout and crossed her arms playfully. 
 

It caught Wendy off guard by the action and she's started to stutter at her words. "I- err- I'm- sor- sorry?" She said. Then, Irene chuckled at her. "Awww, baby. I was just playing with you. You looked so cute so I wanted to kiss you so badly. There's nothing to be sorry about." Irene said with a cute voice. 
 

Wendy who felt tensed suddenly felt relieved at the remarks. "Fuhh! I thought I did something wrong there." she said while feeling relieved. "Umm.. Yes you did something wrong there." Irene suddenly said. Wendy was surprised again at her remark and asked,"I did?! Wha- what did I do wrong?" 
 

"Hey hey. Relax. Okay, it's not wrong. It's just that- you look so worried and I don't like it. I don't like it when you're worried. It bothers me alot to see you that way." Irene trying to calm her down.

 

Wendy sighed, "Unnie, it bothers me- I mean ever since Sooyoung asked you about the questions at the office and you acted strangely. I can't stop thinking about that. I thought I've done something wrong too or maybe something happen at the office." 
 

Irene held Wendy’s hands and rubbed it slowly while looking into her eyes and said "Seungwan-ah, you have done nothing wrong and nothing is happening at the office. Everything is fine. Don't worry." 
 

"Are you sure, unnie?" Wendy asked again. "Yes. A hundred thousand percent sure" Irene said while doing an "ok" sign with her hand and a bright smile on her face. Although Wendy wanted to know more about it but she knows it'll get worst if she ever gonna ask again so she's just let it be and nodded with a smile. 
 

"Okay, now let's stop worrying about nothing. I feel really sleepy and I think I wanna take a nap. Can you please accompany me and cuddle with me, pleaseeeee?" Irene said with whinny voice. 
 

Wendy couldn't help but to admit how cute Irene was at the time and come on, who's gonna say no to that. So, she nodded, "Okay, little bunny. Let's cuddle then." she said with a smile. 
 

And they spent the rest of the day in bed cuddling and taking naps together. 
 

 

 

Hoho! It's just the beginning. It'll start real soon, guys. Wait for it ;)