Chapter 3 - Rich and Poor

Welcome To My Dream World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd Person POV

 

749 B.C years ago

 

"Welcome Back Minji" A gentle voice greater her new slave.

 

"Thank you your Highness" the girl who is  supposedly Minji answered nervously. "You Highness may Minji ask you a question?" 

 

"Please just call me Yoohyeon and sure ask me anything?" Princess Yoohyeon replied

 

"Your Highness Minji does not wish or even dare to call your Highness by your first name, Minji only question what makes Minji confused. Minji is confused of why your Highness is so kind to Minji" Minji asked. Yoohyeon stopped and thought about it, she couldn't just tell the girl that she had fallen in love with her, her parents would have Minji executed and Yoohyeon would be Exiled from her own kindom. "Your Highness Minji is nothing but an orphan, a slave whose only purpose is to serve there master. So why is your Highness so kind to Minji, Your Highness even help Minji find her lost sister. Minji is for ever great full to your Highness but Minji still questions why Your Highness would go to so much trouble?" 

 

"Minji, please don't say that, you are a human being too who deserves respect even If your a slave" Yoohyeon went to pat Minji's head

 

"But-" Yoohyeon shushed Minji and hugged her close

 

"Who's bullying you?" Yoohyeon asked seriously

 

"M-Minji is not being bullied" Minji replied looking down

 

"Minji don't make me angry" Yoohyeon said

 

"M-Minji is telling the truth, i-its just M-Minji over heard what some of what the wealthy family said" Minji mumbled the last part quickly. Yoohyeon felt herself become furious, from when Yoohyeon landed her eyes on Minji she knew that this girl would be special and she was. Very special too Yoohyeon, she had quickly learnt who to properly read and write, we only needed to show her what to do once and she would remember it instantly. Minji had never once asked for anything, never asked to rest, wouldn't except any gifts. That was until one day Yoohyeon took Minji with her to the market, there they ran into another wealthy family. That night Minji knocked on Yoohyeon's door, in tears Minji got on her knees and begged

 

"Dear your Highness, Minji knows that it is forbidden for Minji to ask Your Highness for anything, with the shelter and food your Highness has provided for Minji, Minji could not ask for anything else but Minji- Minji has a younger sister. Minji saw her today at the market and Minji- Minji misses her very much. Minji is so ashamed of herself for asking Your Highness but Minji is worried about Minji's sister, will your Highness let Minji go to see her sister" Minji cried. 

 

That broke Yoohyeon seeing such a site so the next day they arranged a meeting with the Kim's family to let the two sister reunite. Then and there Yoohyeon decide to let the siblings stay together, so the next day she showed up to the Kim's household unexpectedly to make an offer for Minji's sister. The next thing She knew She was standing in a dirty cell with a wounded girl chained to the wall. Minji's Sister was hanging of the wall unconscious, the poor girl had cuts and bruises all over, her head was bleeding. The environment in which she was living in was disgusting, the floor was covered with dirt and hay, the walls paint had started to chip off from time. The room had no large windows the only source of light during the day was small square while a fully burnt out candle was next to it for the night. The 'bed' was a plank of wood with a thin ripped muddy blanket laying on the dirty ground, the bowls of what looks like water and food was nothing but dirty muddy water and a few leaves of lettuce 'what is she, a rabbit even rabbits get treated better then this'. 

 

Yoohyeon was disgusted by the sight she was going to puke 'is this how people treat slaves' she thought. She immediately ordered for her guards to release the girl and to call the doctor right away. She left the Kim's house devastated, she was ashamed of herself for not being able to do anything since she wasn't Queen yet but she swore that it will all change once she becomes queen. Yoohyeon lied to Minji and said that she will be away from the kingdom for a few weeks but she was actually taking care of Minji's sister. Yoohyeon didn't want Minji to be heart broken when she brought her sister back in that state. She soon learnt that Minji's sister was named Dongdong, odd name for someone in Korea Yoohyeon thought but shrugged it off. When Dongdong had recovered Yoohyeon immediately brought her back to the palace, the look on Minji's face was the most precious expression in the world, glittering tears trickled down her cheeks. Minji charged at Dongdong almost knocking her down, the siblings cried together. Yoohyeon then got a call from one of the Guards that her parents had wanted to see her, Yoohyeon quickly told Minji to go to her room before making her way into the main royal hall.

 

"Your Majesty's" Yoohyeon bowed to her father and mother, her parents had gestured for her to take a seat.

 

"Yoohyeon, why are you putting so much effort" they asked her, Yoohyeon looked at them in confusion.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter