...Heat

Can We?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She slowly approaches the oak door, where above, it has ‘Professor Bae Joohyun’ written in classical bold letters. Seulgi hesitates, thinking its probably best she turn around and walk the same way she had come in, but the dilemma of returning the book later or now, she would have to go through the same challenge all over again. She sighs deeply and holds her breath before knocking on the door. A faint reply of ‘please come in’ is heard from the other side and she opens the door slowly and nervously.

Irene looks up from her laptop, surprised to see Seulgi visiting her in her office. She immediately stands up and greets her.

“Seulgi…Hi…what can I do for you?”

“Hey…umm…I just wanted to return the textbook you lend to me earlier. I just wanted to say thank you, it really helped the girls and I complete the paper.” Seulgi replies, slowly approaching Irene’s desk to hand the book back to her.

“Thanks…”

The aura within the office space was awkward and heavy and both Irene and Seulgi felt it, not sure what to make of it. She looks at Irene one last time before turning around to leave her office, but suddenly Irene calls out to her.

“Seulgi wait…”

Irene reaches for the top of her handbag, taking the black leather jacket that Seulgi gave to her that night to keep her warm.

“I wanted to give this back to you. Thank you for your jacket, without it I would have probably freezed to death.

She hesitantly grabs her jacket from Irene’s grasp. “…No worries.”

Irene turns around to walk towards her bookshelf grabbing a few papers laid on top of the books with her back facing Seulgi.

“Since you’re here, I’ve printed off a few papers and worksheets that may help you with the topic you’re struggling with. I know we spoke about me tutoring you but…I’m not sure if you were still keen on doing it.” Irene says partially turning around to look at Seulgi, but also focused on the bookshelf.

Seulgi heard a slightly different tone in her voice. A tone that seemed borderline cold and disappointed. She gulps at the observation and various thoughts start to cross her mind…she starts to think whether Irene is angry at her for being passive aggressive in her texts last night or was it because she was giving her the cold shoulder treatment. It puzzled Seulgi nonetheless, but the longer she stayed in her office the more she felt like she was suffocating, suffocating from the tension in the air but also the long-time urge to proclaim to her that she was in love with her and wanted her.

 

Wanted her as her girlfriend.

Wanted her be hers.

 

She buries such thoughts and sighs before responding.

“Thanks, but…if you’re wondering if I’m still interested or not to get tutored by you. I am…I still am interested on you teaching me. I’m keen on you helping me…”

Irene immediately stops what she is doing on her bookshelf and turns around to face Seulgi. Her face is unreadable, but deep down she was hoping Seulgi would say just that. Say that she needed her help and not turn her away…

She clears and looks through her calendar diary.

“Then its settled then. When did you want to do it? I can do the weekend evenings and possibly a weekday evening as well…or perhaps, tonight? I have nothing in my schedule…”

Seulgi’s eyes widen.

Tonight? She can tutor me tonight?

She wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to have the session tonight or later. She was nervous at the thought of seeing Irene later tonight, but also dreaded the thought of waiting a few more days to see her.

“Tonight?”

“Yes tonight Seulgi…only if you’re available. The offer is there for you to take but we can always re-schedule. It’s up to you…” Irene says still in that partial cold and disappointed tone.

“How does 6pm sound? For tonight I mean…”

God Seulgi what are doing? Are you sure?

“Great I’ll see you tonight then, at my apartment…”

Her apartment?!

“…Okay.”

Irene pulls out her phone and starts typing a message before hitting send. A ding is heard on Seulgi’s phone where she pulls it out of her back pocket and slightly gasping at what she had read.

It was Irene’s address.

“Don’t be late Kang Seulgi…” Irene says while a small smile forms across her face.

“You can count on it.”

-------

Later that night….

Its 5:30pm and so many emotions and thoughts are going through her head. Seulgi bites her bottom lip out of nervousness that she was going to meet Irene for their first tutoring session…at her apartment. She wasn’t sure what was going to happen or how long the session would last but she was anxious at what her body would do and how she would react, as neither of them she had no control over whenever Irene was around or in her mind. She eventually gets off at the bus stop that is 5 minutes away from Irene’s apartment and still, continuously ponders on what the outcome of this session would be. With still 15 minutes left, she deliberates that maybe coming empty handed wouldn’t be so great, after all her professor was doing her a massive favour, so she heads to the nearby bakery across the street to get something.

On the other hand, Irene is too feeling nervous about tutoring Seulgi and what could possibly happen tonight. She too, wasn’t sure how her own self was going to react for the next few hours she was going to be with her. She carefully sets up her table, two seats next to each other and lays out the material she p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter