...Find

Can We?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again, thank you for the endless support you amazing humans are giving to this story I appreciate you all!  xD

 

 

They sit, eyes darting between them.

 

No words are being said and just pure utter silence.

 

It was only a half an hour ago Wendy had busted her best friend and her girlfriend making out on the couch she had sat on so many times whenever she visited Joohyun’s at her apartment. And now…the object has become a distant memory. She eyes the two trying to fathom how the two met, where did they meet and who Seulgi is? Having her hands clasped together, she finally decides to break the uncomfortable silence that has been drawn-out for too long.

“So…how long have you guys been…together?”

Both Joohyun and Seulgi look at each other reluctantly, while trying to figure out what to say. However, Joohyun feels its probably appropriate she answers her best friend’s question.

“A few days…”

Wendy eyes the two wide eyed, but keeps her composure stopping herself from gasping again.

“Oh…okay then…so…how’d you guys meet?”

The one question Joohyun was dreading to be asked was this.

How the two of them met…

She knew her best friend was not going to take it well…hell….

Her best friend was going to lecture her on why she would date her own student in the first place and go on a rampant speech of why its wrong and what could go wrong. She bites on her bottom lip contemplating on telling the truth or not, but this was her very own best friend and best friends do not lie to each other.

“At…college…”

Wendy squints her eyes suspiciously at the answer.

“College? I don’t recall you meeting someone like Seulgi during our college days…”

“Yeah…its not that…its….it’s present day….” Joohyun replies, purposely letting the last few words slightly faint out.

Her best friend’s reaction changes from suspicion to shock.

Wendy couldn’t believe what she had heard and it was definitely a revelation she was not prepared for, letting herself go from whatever composure she initially had.

“WHAT?!”

Seulgi could only stiffen a smile and Joohyun looks at the ceiling with feigning ignorance.

“…Umm Seulgi…sorry, can I just borrow Joohyun just for a minute?”

Seulgi nods, as she watches Wendy get up from her seat, grabbing Joohyun by the arm and dragging her into her bedroom and shutting the door behind them. She knew her girlfriend was going to be scolded by her best friend.

“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!”

Yep, there it is…

“Seungwan…”

“OMG why?! What?! I’m so confused! Why?!...”

“Seungwan wai---”

“How?! Why?! Why did this happen?! Don’t you know that the both of you can get in trouble for this?!”

“Seungwan let me ex---”

“Joohyun what were you thinking?! She’s your student! She’s beautiful I get that, but she’s your student!”

“Please let me ex---”

“OMG! You guys are gonna get in trouble for this! OMG!”

Feeling frustrated that her best friend won’t even let her say one word, Joohyun grabs her by her shoulders to shift the attention to her.

“LET ME EXPLAIN!”

Wendy settles down after her frantic response and her best friend yelling at her. For sure she was shocked and probably needs time to process the information, but it was also worth hearing what her best friend has to say.

 “Yes…Seulgi is my student. Before I started teaching, we previously met at a café and then coincidentally…I just so happen to teach at the same university she’s attending, as well as the same degree. That’s why it happened…”

“…So, you’re telling me…love at first sight and…coincidence?”

“Yes…”

“Okay…umm…but…but Joohyun this is dangerous…”

“I know…I know, but we’re being careful…”

“Well I hope so, the last thing I want is you both suffering the consequences…”

“I know and thanks for the concern. But we’re making it work…we will make it work…There’s something about Seulgi that makes me feel like she’s special…I just know…”

Wendy’s body language softens at the concerned look on her best friend’s face. She realised how much Seulgi meant to her, causing her to hug her best friend for comforts sake.

“You love her, don’t you?”

Joohyun stares at her best friend, letting her eyes do the communicating where Wendy immediately knows that look. That look of affirmation to her question.

“Well if its any consolation you look good together…really good together…”

“That’s nice to hear, honestly…” A smile spreading on Joohyun’s face.

Wendy pulls away from their embrace to holding onto Joohyun’s hands in reassurance.

“But that doesn’t mean you both are off the hook as there is A LOT of explaining you both need to do. Let’s not keep Seulgi waiting, she may think I have ripped your head off.”

Joohyun couldn’t help but laugh at her best friend’s comment, but it wasn’t just a laugh out of humour, but a laugh of gratitude for Wendy accepting her and Seulgi’s relationship, further appreciating why they’re best friends in the first place.

They eventually leave her bedroom, where an anxious and expectant Seulgi is waiting for them.

“Sorry if I kept your girlfriend away from you for too long but please tell me…how did you fall in love with this crazy best friend of mine?” Wendy asks jokingly.

“Hey! I’m not crazy!”

Wendy and Seulgi look at each other agreeing at the statement and the irony of Joohyun’s action causing them to giggle, while she looks at them offendedly.

“Hey you both are mean! Also, Seungwan why did you come to my apartment?!” Joohyun retaliates.

“Why? Firstly, you gave me copy of your key remember? And secondly, is it bad I wanted to surprise my best friend? But it looks like I was the one surprised…” Wendy snickers.

Seulgi smiles at her girlfriend getting worked up that she places her hand on hers, caressing it to calm her down which surprisingly does.

“Babe calm down.”

“Aww Joohyun you’re soft for Seulgi! I see the sparkle and fireworks in your eyes!” Wendy teases.

All Joohyun could do was shake her head at her best friend and sigh in defeat.

The three girls laugh, enjoying the shift in atmosphere. Where Wendy immediately warmed up to Seulgi that evening, over a few drinks here and there and spoke to each other like they had known each other for a long time. That incident happened a few months ago, or if it can even be called an incident in the first place as it created a special bond between the two, that Wendy had even invited Seulgi in secret to attend one of Joohyun’s photoshoots to surprise her.

“Hey Seul you’re finally here!” Wendy whispers, greeting her.

Seulgi arrives and hugs Wendy with three bubble tea drinks in hand, while sneakily hiding the behind the make-up artists and stylist of her girlfriend’s shoot.

“Wendy hey! So, I got your favourite, bubble tea! Also, how’s my babe going?”

Wendy cheekily side eyes Seulgi and nudges her at the word of endearment.

“Well your BABE is doing fine. Why don’t you see her yourself?”

Seulgi discreetly approaches behind the camera and media director, making sure she isn’t seen by her girlfriend.

And boy…she did not expect what she was seeing.

She was dumbfounded, speechless and astounded as yet again her girlfriend showcased another side of her…alluring, elegant and regal while she posed with various pieces of jewellery. was open and she felt immobile, entranced at the view that laid before her. She was so stunned that she didn’t even realise Wendy had creeped up next to her, jerking her in shock.

“You should close your mouth, you may start drooling Seul…”

She immediately closes it, fearing that she may actually create a pool of saliva at her feet.

“Stunning isn’t she? Well, that’s my bestie…”

“And that’s my girlfriend…”

Seulgi wonders how she got so lucky and was amazed how Joohyun manages to surprise her every single time as a new layer of her was revealed, like she’s an onion carefully peeling back the layers to carefully reveal the core and it’s true self.

The photoshoot eventually finishes as the camera director thanks everyone. Whereas, Seulgi pretends to blend in with the crew as instructed by Wendy, masking her presence for the time being until it was time to surprise her by giving her blanket.

“That’s a wrap! Great job everyone it was a successful shoot as usual!”

Joohyun approaches her seat, feeling exhausted and stretching her neck and rolling her shoulders. Wendy hands her the bubble tea drink, where she eyes it unexpectedly and suspiciously.

“Where’d you get this?”

“I bought it…”

That voice was not Seungwan’s…but I know exactly whose voice that is…

As the blanket is laid around her shoulders, she turns her head around surprised and thrilled at who had said it, jumping up and wrapping her arms around the person.

“Seulgi?! OMG babe! What are you doing here?”

“Well Wendy and I thought it was a good idea I surprise you, of course not empty handed though…” Seulgi replies, gesturing at the drinks.

All Joohyun could do was smile, happy at the sight of her girlfriend and admiring the thoughtful act.

“You should’ve seen her face when she was watching you. If I didn’t tell her to close , we’d probably be swimming in her saliva right now…”

Wendy states, teasing Seulgi causing her to blush in embarrassment and a playful smirk to spread on Joohyun’s face while poking Seulgi’s rose-tinted cheeks out of cuteness.

“You’re too cute…”

“Well, just for you babe…”

The couple stare at each other, eyes glazed over with love and affection causing Wendy to cut the sappiness short.

“OMG can you guys get a room? I don’t want to see the outcome of this, in case it may end up like last time I caught you guys on the couch…oh that couch…I will never be able to sit on that ever again!” Wendy chimes, sarcastically expressing disgust.

They both eye her amused yet awkwardly, remembering what had happened last time, and first time Seulgi meeting Wendy.  

“Don’t worry we’ll be out of your hair Seungwan, since Seulgi and I are heading out for dinner and you’re not invited…”

“Oh thank god! And please promise me, you both aren’t going to get up to too much trouble…if you know what I mean…”

“OMG Wendy!”

“Why?! I’m just saying because if I came a minute later last time, no doubt both of your clothes would have found their way on the floor…”

Joohyun’s face scrunches up at her best friend’s comment, causing her to throw her blanket at her and Seulgi chuckling while holding her stomach.

Despite the endless teasing and banter they received from Wendy, the couple were more than thankful that she is accepting of their relationship and have managed to successfully cross a hurdle, but there were a few more they had to encounter and just hoped the response would be exactly the same…

It’s worth the praise that the two have successfully kept their relationship a secret, sneaking and avoiding the prying eyes and ears of students and colleagues on campus. There were probably a few times where they were nearly busted making out in Joohyun’s office, behind the arts building or in the janitor’s closet but they still managed to avoid and get out of situations hassle-free. It was like a job being secretive and stealthy, but they were a tandem that made it work. Unfortunately for the other two, Joy and Yeri still haven’t found a proper clue if their Professor Irene was in fact the subject of their best friend’s affections.

“Joy I think you’re at a dead end. May

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter