...Carnival

Can We?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is probably the longest chapter ever but I wanted to make this perfect for you guys, so please read it the whole way through because there is a surprise at the end of it...trust me ;)

 

It was the usual Friday night and the trio are over at Joy’s house.

“Pass me the bag of chips.” Yeri asks.

Joy tosses a bag of Doritos to her while Seulgi slurps on a slushie. The trio are lazily slumped on the couch while Joy continuously flicks through various TV shows and movies on Netflix.

“What is there to watch?”

“We can watch the latest episode of Stranger Things guys.” Seulgi states still slurping on her slushie.

“We watched it already Seul…”

“What?! You guys watched it without me?!”

“Hey! You’re the one who doesn’t come to our Friday night hangouts as much anymore!” Joy scoffs.

“Seriously…you guys couldn’t wait until we all watched it together?”

“Nope. It’s not like you’re telling us who you like either…so its fair…” Yeri teases.

They still didn’t let it down.

Joy and Yeri were still adamant on finding out who Seulgi liked. But she remained tight-lipped and promised herself not say anything…until she felt it was right.

“Man…you guys won’t give up until I tell you, won’t you?”

“Nope and we’ll keep harassing you until you do…” Joy replies.

“Come on Seul just tell us who is it?” Yeri says while stuffing her face with a handful of Doritos.

“Nope…”

“Oh come on Seul! We deserve to know we’re your besties!” Yeri grabs onto Seulgi’s arm shaking her, pleading to her to reveal who it is.

“Who is the one that makes your heart flutter and keeps you up all night?” Joy asks mocking her, by battering her eyelashes.

“Who is the one that gave you that hickey?” Yeri says joining in.

“And who is the one that’s making you forget about us?” Joy says raising an eyebrow. “I swear when I find out who it is, I'm gonna have a nice real talk with them…making you forget about us…pffttt…”

“You guys are funny but no…” Seulgi replies shutting down their anticipation.

“This is no fun...YOU’RE NO FUN SEUL.” Yeri reiterates pursing her lips together.

Joy puts her finger on her lips trying to figure out a way to get Seulgi to talk and say who it is. She’s persistent and won’t take no for answer, and she lives by the code that best friends do not hide any secrets from each other. Seulgi notices this and slightly starts to panic. She knows that whenever Joy is thinking hard about something, it usually means she’s planning something and no doubt, that what she was planning had to do with determining who she was in love with.  

Joy gets up from her seat and heads to the kitchen, confusing both Yeri and Seulgi why she had left so suddenly. However, after a few minutes she comes back with 3 shot glasses and a few bottles of watermelon soju.

Bingo.

Seulgi was right.

Joy was planning to get her drunk and make her tell her the truth. And Seulgi…well she was going to try hard to resist.

A playful smirk emerges on Joy’s face. “Let’s drink guys and maybe…play a game of ‘Never have I ever’…”

“OMG yes we’re getting drunk tonight!” Yeri says throwing her arms up in the air in excitement.

“Oh hell no…nope I’m going home.” Seulgi hurriedly gets up from the couch, heading for the door when she is stopped by Joy and Yeri, pulling her back onto the couch.

“Ahh no…you’re staying Kang Seulgi and you’re going to play.” Joy says sternly.

“Guys you know I can’t hold my liquor, two shots in and I’m out…Literally…”

“Even better cause then we get to find out who you like sooner rather than later…”

“Oh come on, is it really necessary that we you have to go to this length just to find out who I like?!” Seulgi asks astonished at what Joy had resorted to. She sometimes couldn’t understand her, but she very well knew this best friend of hers was determined…very determined to get what she wants.

“You chose the hard way Seul hahaha!”

She facepalms and shakes her head, unable to comprehend why her best friends are like this. Or more so, why she is friends with them in the first place. They’re friendship has an interesting dynamic, where Joy and Yeri usually pick on each other whereas herself is the mediator, the calm one, who usually tries to split the two from bickering, possibly stopping them from kicking or pulling each other’s hair out if it ever were to happen.

Joy pours the soju into the 3 shot glasses filling them all the way up to the brim and handing them out.

“Okay before we start drinking, we’ll go around in a circle first asking each a question and if the question applies to you or if you have, you take a shot…simple. You guys got it?”

Both Yeri and Seulgi nod in unison, where Seulgi just couldn’t believe she was participating in this. She knew if she tried to leave, both her friends would pull her right back in and stop her from leaving. Yet, she was more concerned that she may actually reveal who she likes, as she was extremely talkative when she consumed alcohol.

Joy eventually starts to ask the first question.

“Never have I ever kissed a stranger…”

Yeri and Seulgi are still, yet Joy takes a shot.

“OMG Joy WTF?! You’ve kissed a random?!” Yeri shouts surprised.

“Oh come on I’m the only one?!...And yeah I have when I went out clubbing…”

“Why am I not surprised?” Seulgi teasingly says, causing Joy to punch her arm and eventually re-fills her shot glass.

“Okay it’s my turn…Never have I ever…been in bed with someone…” Yeri asks.

Joy takes a shot and Seulgi hesitantly does so. Feeling the burn of the soju go down with a sweet watermelon after taste.

“With Joy I’m not surprised, but Seul…wow…”

It was true.

She has been in bed with someone and that someone was none other than Irene.

She recalls what had happened at Irene’s apartment a few nights ago, where she slept beside her, hugging her to keep her warm while Irene nestled her delicate face on her neck, and the incident during the night where Irene gave her hickey…

She was in a daze, when Joy clicks her fingers in front of her face to snap out of it.

“Hey Seul stop daydreaming, its your turn.”

“Umm…never have I ever…had more than 2 relationships…”

Joy yet again takes a shot, while the other two are still.

“I feel like the two of you are ganging up on me! I see how it is….It’s my turn now.” Joy remarks, while a devilish smirk forms across her face.

“Never have I ever kissed someone.”

All three take a shot.

It was now Yeri’s turn and Joy glances at Seulgi then back to Yeri.

“Never have I ever received a hickey before…”

All three take a shot.

Seulgi immediately feels the after effects of the soju after 3 shots in.

Her head is heavy, her surroundings are spinning and she notices her speech is slightly slurred. However, such game is somewhat fun to her as the soju impairs her judgment. Forgetting what she had said earlier about not revealing she was in love with Irene. Maybe it was time for them to know…and it was her turn next.

“Neverrr havvve I everrr…fallen inn loovvee wiithh soommeeonee oolldderr…”

Seulgi takes a shot, the other two don’t.

They gasp at her statement but are excited as they seemed to be getting close to who Seulgi is in love with.

“Never have I ever…fallen in love with someone, whom my friends also know…” Joy asks intriguingly, hoping that such statement would cause Seulgi to take another shot.

Bingo.

Joy and Yeri glance at each other in confusion, mouthing what they should do as they see Seulgi struggling to keep awake and is swaying side-to-side. Yeri eventually speaks up.

“Hey Seul, you took a shot so that means we know the person?”

“Hahahaaaaa yeaahhh yyouuu guuyyss dooo!” She slurs.

“What’s their name?” Joy asks further.

“Hahaahaaa itsss Baaaeeee….Baaaaa…”

Her vision starts to blur, unable to figure out her surroundings. Her body feels light and heavy all at the same time and she can feel her body tire out from the alcohol she had consumed, struggling to keep awake and making her body immovable and lazily to do anything. Before she could fully answer she passes out, slumping on the couch fast asleep.

“God damn it! We were so close Yeri!”

“I know! But she said Baa or Bae? Like who is that?”

“I have no idea but we need to think about it...Baa? Bae? It makes no sense who has a name like that?”

“Maybe she was just imitating a sheep just then?”

“What? No! It can’t be…Seulgi is way to slow to think of something like that especially if she’s drunk…”

“Hmm…well we need bring her to your bed…Tsk tsk Seul you’re such a lightweight…” Yeri says laughing.

The two struggle to carry Seulgi, but after a few minutes they successfully transport her from the lounge to Joy’s bedroom, setting her down in the centre of Joy’s queen sized bed while the two settle and lay down on either side of her who are also both sleepy and tired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The Next Day…

She shuffles unconsciously in her sleep, changing positions when she realises such movement is hindered. Seulgi looks on either side of her and sees both Joy and Yeri are sleeping beside her.

She sits up with a pounding headache, while she tries to remember what happened last night and recalls them taking shots of soju while playing ‘never have I ever’, but couldn’t exactly decipher what they had said last night. She wishes that she didn’t reveal that she loved Irene, but in the state that she’s in, not remembering parts of last night and the fuzziness of her brain made it evident that it may have happened, causing her to gulp at the thought. Eventually, Joy wakes up stretching her body and yawning before sitting in an upright position to face Seulgi.

“Kang Seulgi you need to hold your liquor better…” Joy croaks.

“Man, I’ve got a headache…I knew last night was a bad idea…”

“Shake it off princess that headache will surpass.”

Yeri joins them sitting up with her eyes still partially closed.

“We didn’t get to find out who you like because you passed out WAY TOO EARLY Seul…Gee you’re no fun...”

“I didn’t reveal it?” Seulgi asks surprised.

“Nope, you’re just as stubborn drunk and when you’re sober.”

Seulgi felt relieved that she unconsciously managed to keep shut despite her drunken state last night.

“Oh…well looks like you guys have to wait then. And Joy…your plan didn’t work…” She says snickering.

“Pffttt…We’re gonna find out eventually Kang Seulgi just you wait…”

“Good luck…also what time is it?”

Yeri reaches for her phone on the bedside table and reveals that it’s 12pm, where the trio realise that they had woken up in the afternoon.

Seulgi abruptly remembers it’s a Saturday and it was tonight that she would be meeting Irene at the carnival. The day she had been waiting for this whole week had finally come around and excitement erupts within her, forgetting about the throbbing headache she has.

“Guys I’m gonna head home.”

“You’re not gonna stay around Seul? It’s a Saturday we can do a round 2…” Joy mischievously suggests.

“No way! No round 2! I need to be sober tonight because I’m going out.”

“You’re going out tonight?” Both Joy and Yeri asks quizzically.

Seulgi’s face turns pale, grasping the fact she had just revealed she was going out. She didn’t know how to lie and it’s a great disadvantage she has, wishing such skill would come naturally to her especially in situations like this.

…I should’ve not said anything…

Joy’s looks at her with an eyebrow raised, judging her and prying into what the reason is.

“Oh…let me guess you’re meeting “that” person tonight?”

Seulgi remains firm not saying anything, pursing her lips together.

“Well Joy, lets leave Miss Romantic to her date tonight…I don’t think she wants to miss it…”

“Okay guys I’m going now, I’ll see you guys next week…” Seulgi says shaking her head and sighing at her two best friends.

“Enjoy…” Joy and Yeri say in unison, seductively.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It’s 4pm and Irene is rummaging through her closet finding an outfit to wear tonight. She’s been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter