...Date?

Can We?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you to the new and current subscribers for following this ff! Also to those who have commented, upvoted etc! Still can't believe this ff is getting a lot of notice in a short amount of time! I appreciate you all xD

 

 

“You know since we’re not on campus, you can just address me as Irene…only if you want to though…”

……...

“I’ll walk you home if you like if you’re so concerned…”

..........

It’s been half an hour since she had gotten back from the park and now, she lies in her bed still, looking at the ceiling pondering and replaying the encounter in the park. Seulgi twiddles her thumbs, breathing in and out slowly, unable to shut her eyes. Her mind won’t let her too. Her mind runs around in circles at the thought of Irene; her face, her hands, her hair, her smile, her voice…soothing, calming and delicate yet confident and reassuring when it needs to be.

Nothing has changed she realises.

My theory was wrong. I thought that maybe tonight my feelings might change, but instead…it confirms my previous thoughts and emotions towards her. In fact…its stronger…I can no longer deny it…I just hope you feel the same way too…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A whistle from a kettle and the plunging sound of fresh toasted bread from a toaster are heard within Irene’s apartment. She is all dressed, bags and books ready with a coffee in hand and slice of toasted bread in . She woke up feeling refreshed and extremely happy today that she had woken up an hour earlier than usual. She looks outside her apartment window and gazes at the various people walking by, running by, cycling by all rushing to head to where they’re supposed to be. Then her gaze diverts to the park. The park where she was last night…with Seulgi.

Am I this happy because of you? Could it be?

She glances at her watch, grabs her things and heads towards the door.

It’s another day at college. Students slowly trudge into the lecture hall, yawning then slumping into the familiar seats. Seulgi did not get enough sleep last night for obvious reasons, however she felt wide awake. Adrenaline pumping throughout her whole body and was somewhat…happy.

Joy and Yeri look at her weirdly as she arrives

“You’re happy today?”

“Huh? What do you mean? Aren’t I always like this?”

“Ahhh…nope. Did you eat something? Or take something perhaps…” Joy side eyes to Yeri.

Seulgi holds her hands up for attention. “Whoa I don’t do that stuff okay?! Besides is it bad that I’m feeling happy?”

“Arghhhh put your happiness aside its suffocating and I need sleep…” Joy yawns.

“What’s with you two today? Seems like everyone is looking sleepy like they haven’t slept in weeks!”

“What do you expect? Its past the initial first few weeks of college where everyone at that time was awake and interested. Its past that now, and it’s the typical restlessness, ‘I can’t be bothered with life attitude’. Typical college life Seul, can’t believe you ain’t used to it yet nerd.”

Nerd. Irene called her a nerd last night after endless teasing and bantering was exchanged between the two of them. She usually disliked the word, but the way it rolled off Irene’s lips it sounded attractive.

Seulgi sits in between her two sleepy friends and sees Irene walk into the lecture looking beautiful as usual.

“Good morning class. I know you’re all tired and don’t want to be here but just to remind you that your papers are due in a week so I’m expecting every single one of you to submit a copy. So, today’s lesson we’ll be learning about physicochemistry, more specifically the galvanic reactions for electrical energy…

Joy lifts her head and whispers to the two girls next to her.

“Oh god seriously…I hate this specific topic!”

“You’re not the only one…” Seulgi replies wide eyed.

If there was anything Seulgi had trouble in chemistry, it was this. Though Irene explained the topic well and made the words ‘electrode’ and ‘galvanic’ sound mesmerising, for Seulgi, mixing some physics into chemistry was a no go for her and this was exactly that. She enjoys chemistry and is the best at it, that she had won various prizes in high school and even in college for her advanced intelligence on the subject, yet this topic challenged her so much that she hated it.

After 2 hours of mind-numbing information on the said topic, the lecture finally finished. The trio are complaining and wondering how they’re ever going to understand such topic. Seulgi specifically is more worried.

“I really need to maintain my grades but this damn topic is the bane of my existence…Can’t they get rid of it?…”

“You read my mind...” Yeri replies while massaging her temples.

“I can help you…”

The trio turn around surprised whom had said it.

“Sorry to scare you girls, but I can help you understand the topic. In fact it’s my favourite…” The guy chuckles.

“Sorry and you are?” Joy asks annoyingly.

“My apologies, I’m Eunkwang.” He extends his hand to Seul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter