Chapter 6

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: Yeorobun, mianhe! These past 2 weeks have been simply too cruel to me. Thus, I have not had the time to update. To make it up to you guys, here's an extra long chapter from me! Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________

“Youngmin-ah! Are you ready?” shouted Sungjae from outside Youngmin’s dorm room in a grating voice.

 

“You can come in and sit down for a while if you’re tired of waiting!” called Youngmin from behind the door.

 

Sungjae clicked in exasperation before opening the main door of Youngmin’s dorm room.

 

“What’s taking you so lo-” began Sungjae before he exploded into a fit of laughter.

 

“Yah! Yook Sungjae! What’s so funny?” asked Youngmin.

 

“Are you going for a date or matchmaking, Youngmin-ah?” asked Sungjae once he finally calmed down enough to speak.

 

“You think it’s too much?” asked Youngmin, as he continued preening.

 

“Who the HECK wears a suit and tie to a double date?” asked Sungjae incredulously.

 

“What’s wrong with that? I want to make a good impression!” replied Youngmin defensively.

 

“You honestly think turning up in a suit and tie is going to make Seulgi-ssi interested in you?” asked Sungjae.

 

“You really think she’ll hate it?” asked Youngmin in return.

 

“I would love to see the reaction on Sooyoung and Seulgi-ssi’s faces when they meet us. But seeing that Sooyoung is doing me a favour, I really don't think I should let you make a fool of yourself,” rambled Sungjae. “Now please, a simple shirt and jeans will do.”

 

Youngmin sighed and dragged himself back to his wardrobe to change. A few minutes later, Youngmin appeared in a simple black shirt and dark blue jeans.

 

“You really think this is fine?” asked Youngmin.

 

“Jinjja yah~” reassured Sungjae. “I know you want to impress Seulgi-ssi, but don't overdo it on the first date.”

 

“Arasso~~~” drawled Youngmin, as Sungjae put his arm over his shoulder and pushed him out of the door.

 

Half an hour later, Youngmin and Sungjae were seated in the café that they had agreed on. After ordering their drinks, they sipped them carefully as they waited for the girls. A few minutes later, the bell on the door rang, indicating that someone was opening it. As both Youngmin and Sungjae looked up, Sungjae nearly spat out his drink. Sooyoung walked in with Seulgi, both dressed in a way that Sungjae had never seen before. Seulgi was wearing a simple white top and a short red skirt. Sooyoung was in a sleeveless, light blue dress that ended quite a few inches above her knees. Both girls walked over to their table and the boys stood automatically.

 

“An-annyeonghasaeyo,” said Youngmin nervously.

 

Sungjae remained speechless as he was still trying to get over his shock at Sooyoung’s appearance. The two girls smiled as the four of them sat down together.

 

“Would you like something to drink?” asked Youngmin.

 

“I’ll have an ice latte,” replied Seulgi.

 

“I’ll have an iced tea,” said Sooyoung.

 

Youngmin nudged Sungjae and asked, “What drink do you want?”

 

Sungjae jolted out of his shock and said, “I’ll order for you guys. I’ll decide on my drink when I order yours.”

 

As Sungjae walked towards the counter, all he could think of was what Sooyoung was wearing.

 

Yah Park Sooyoung! Since when do you dress like that? How come I’ve never seen you dress like that before? Youngmin is interested in Seulgi, not you! Why didn't you tell me you would be dressing like that for the double date today?

 

Sungjae’s raging internal monologue continued and clouded out every other rational thought in his mind until he returned to their table with their drinks.

 

“Sungjae-ah, you didn't order one for yourself?” asked Sooyoung.

 

Sungjae looked down at the table and realised, much to his embarrassment, that he had forgotten to order his own drink.

 

“Kwenchana, I’m not thirsty,” replied Sungjae, as he sat down.

 

To his surprise, Youngmin was getting on like a house on fire with Seulgi.

 

Wasn’t he all tense and worried about this date just now? How is he so chatty with Seulgi-ssi now?

 

The double date passed with Sungjae and Sooyoung mainly listening to what Seulgi and Youngmin were chatting about. Although Sungjae rapidly grew bored, he was glad that Youngmin and Seulgi hit it off well. When the date finally came to an end, Youngmin offered to send Seulgi home. Seulgi hesitated and replied, “I was going to go off with Sooyoung…”

 

“Kwenchana, unnie. I’m going to the amusement park with Sungjae. I’m sure Youngmin will be good company for you as you head home,” replied Sooyoung cheekily.

 

Youngmin blushed at Sooyoung’s reply and looked hesitantly at Seulgi.

 

“Okay sure,” replied Seulgi with her trademark eye smile.

 

Youngmin flushed a deeper shade of red and walked with Seulgi to the door. Sungjae grinned as the pair walked out of the café without so much as a backward glance. Once they were out of earshot, Sungjae turned to Sooyoung.

 

“Yah, Park Sooyoung. Since when do you wear dresses? And such a short one at that?” demanded Sungjae.

 

“Wae? Since when did my dressing become any of your concern?” retorted Sooyoung.

 

“I’ve never seen you wear a dress like that. And I’ve known you for nearly two decades!” replied Sungjae heatedly.

 

“Why are you getting so worked up? Seulgi-unnie asked me to accompany her to go shopping for new clothes the other day because she was nervous about what to wear for today,” explained Sooyoung. “For someone who wasn’t too keen on coming for this date, she certainly seemed really nervous about it.”

 

“I see. So you decided on this blue dress?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Neh. Seulgi-unnie said it would look good since I’m fair,” replied Sooyoung. “Anyway, enough talk about my dressing. It’s barely after lunchtime now. We still have time for the amusement park right?”

 

“Mwoh? You’re going in this get up?” asked a bewildered Sungjae.

 

“Neh. Wae?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“A-anniyo. Let’s go then,” replied Sungjae.

 

For some reason, Sungjae felt a little weird as he walked towards the bus stop with Sooyoung. Maybe it was the first time he had seen Sooyoung in a dress like this. Had she always looked this… demure?

 

Yah! What am I thinking? Demure? Park Sooyoung? What the heck is wrong with you, Yook Sungjae? She’s more like a man!

 

Sungjae s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter