Chapter 17

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae settled down on the bench in front of his dorm that he sat at when he was talking to Youngmin previously and looked at his surroundings bathed in warm evening colours.

 

So I do love Sooyoung after all. But was it meant to be? Any idiot would know that a Cupid can’t possibly be in love with a mortal. Sooyoung-ah, let’s just cut the connection as Minhyuk-hyung said and go back to our normal lives. I loved you enough to shoot that arrow through you and Dohwan. I’m sure I can do it again now.

 

Just as he finished that thought, Changsub materialised next to him.

 

“Sungjae-ah, I’ve been looking all over for you. We need to hurry over to the mortal world entrance. Minhyuk-hyung wants us to be there,” related Changsub.

 

“Wae?” asked Sungjae.

 

“I don't know, but I think it has something to do with cutting the connection between you and Park Sooyoung,” guessed Sungjae.

 

“Aren’t Minhyuk-hyung and Eunkwang-hyung doing that already?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Molla, Sungjae-ah. But we need to get going,” said Changsub.

 

Sungjae nodded and flew off with Changsub. They reached the entrance to the mortal world where Sungjae had walked through when he first started his punishment in no time and saw Minhyuk already waiting for them.

 

“Hyung, why do I need to be here?” asked Sungjae, a little unseated by the grim look on Minhyuk’s face.

 

“You need to be here because we need to cut the connection. Both parties need to be present,” replied Minhyuk.

 

Just as he finished speaking, Eunkwang flew through the entrance to the mortal world, carrying an unconscious Sooyoung in his arms.

 

“Hyung!” protested Sungjae. “What did you do to her?”

 

“Don't worry, Sungjae-ah. It’s just a simple sleeping spell. She’ll be awake in a few seconds,” assured Eunkwang.

 

Just as Eunkwang finished speaking, Sooyoung stirred in his arms and woke up. After casting a confused look around her, she scrambled out of Eunkwang’s arms and backed away from them.

 

“Who are you? Why am I here?” asked Sooyoung panickedly.

 

“Don't worry,” assured Eunkwang kindly. “We’re all angels and we just need you to help us with something.”

 

“Angels? You mean I’m dead?” continued Sooyoung in the same panicked tone.

 

“Anniya, it’s just that-” began Eunkwang before Minhyuk cut him off.

 

“Enough, Eunkwang-ah. Let me take over,” barked Minhyuk, as he stepped forward and held up his hand in front of Sooyoung’s eyes. A bright yellow glow emanated from his hand and Sooyoung’s eyes became unfocused for a while, as Minhyuk concentrated on the spell. A few moments later, the glow faded from Minhyuk’s hand and he put it down. Sooyoung shook her head and looked at Sungjae.

 

“Sungjae-ah! Sungjae-ah, why are we here? The doctor said you were dead! Am I dead too?” asked Sooyoung, as she ran over to him.

 

“Sooyoung-ah,” said Sungjae, as he pulled Sooyoung into a tight embrace. “Sooyoung-ah… mianhe. Jinjja mianhe.”

 

“Wae, Sungjae-ah?” asked Sooyoung, as she tried to comfort him by patting him on his back, only to feel his wings behind him. “Omo, you’re an angel now? So does this really mean I’m dead? But I don't remember…”

 

“No, you’re not dead, Sooyoung-ah,” said Sungjae. “You’ll be able to go back to your world in a short while. But first we need to undo something. Something that I did wrong.”

 

“Mwoh? Something you did wrong?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“I’m a Cupid, Sooyoung-ah. Together with all my hyungs here,” explained Sungjae.

 

Sooyoung looked around and finally caught sight of Minhyuk.

 

“Heota-ssi! You’re a Cupid as well?” asked Sooyoung.

 

Minhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter