Chapter 5

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that evening, Sungjae texted Sooyoung.

 

SJ: Hey, I’m trying to set up a date for Youngmin. Do you have any friends whom you can help set up a double date for?

 

SY: Double date? You mean I have to tag along as well?

 

SJ: Of course! How else would they be able to meet?

 

SY: So that means I have to be your date for that day? Eeewwwwwww…

 

SJ: Yah! Park Sooyoung! You think I enjoy being your date for that day? Youngmin wouldn't stop pestering me. And I’m trying to be a good friend, since he just got out of a breakup. For the two of us, it’ll just be like us going out for a meal.

 

SY: Aish… arasso, arasso… I’ll see if my other unnies are willing…

 

SJ: Youngmin has a thing for Seulgi-ssi. Can you try asking her if she wants to come?

 

SY: I’m doing you a favour, Yook Sungjae, and you still want to choose?

 

SJ: It’s Youngmin who has a thing for her, not me! I’m just trying to be a good bro.

 

SY: Arasso. But you owe me big time!

 

SJ: Arasso…

 

Sungjae set his handphone down and went to bed, happy that he managed to accomplish something for Youngmin.

 

The following afternoon, Sungjae was greeted by a smack on his head, as he was headed towards class. Without even turning to see who it was, Sungjae said, “Yah, Park Sooyoung! Will it kill you to greet someone in the normal way?”

 

“It’s always more fun attacking you from behind,” giggled Sooyoung. “Besides, you’re the one who asked me for a favour.”

 

“So how did it go? Are any of your unnies coming?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Seulgi-unnie is willing to come,” replied Sooyoung.

 

“Jinjja? That’s great!” exclaimed Sungjae.

 

“Why do you look so excited? Don't tell me…” began Sooyoung.

 

“Yah! I’m just happy for Youngmin. He’s so going to owe me big time,” said Sungjae defensively.

 

“And so do you!” continued Sooyoung.

 

“Arasso. You don't have to keep rubbing it in my face. So what do you want to do after the double date?” asked Sungjae.

 

“I wanna go to the amusement park. The new one that just opened looks awesome, but I haven’t had the time or money to go. Tickets are your responsibility,” rambled Sooyoung.

 

“The amusement park? Yah, do you know how much those tickets cost?” demanded Sungjae.

 

“Of course! Oh, and don't forget! I want the exclusive pass that allows me to skip the main queue!” said Sooyoung, as she walked ahead of him to go for her lecture.

 

“The exclusive pass? Yah, Park Sooyoung! Do you want me to survive on instant noodles for the rest of the semester?” demanded Sungjae, as he caught up with her.

 

“That’s not my problem, Yook Sungjae. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter