Chapter 4

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung was already seated in the shop with their order already sitting in front of them when Sungjae walked in. Sungjae headed over to their usual seat and plonked himself down in front of Sooyoung.

“Yaaaahhhh, I’m so hungry!” whined Sungjae, as he started shoveling the piping hot jjamppong into his mouth.

“Slow down, Yook Sungjae! You’ll burn your mouth!” warned Sooyoung.

“Arasso,” replied Sungjae with a grin. “It’s not as if it’s the first time I’m eating jjamppong. You know I love eating my soupy food piping hot.”

Sooyoung smacked him on the head, before saying, “I should just let you choke to death in future.”

Sungjae laughed, before retorting, “As if you could find another best friend who can tolerate all your idiosyncrasies.”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes before tucking into her jjajangmyun.

“So how was Sociology of Deviance? Does it look fun?” asked Sungjae.

“Of course! I’m so happy I secured a spot in it. But I can’t believe the prof made us form pairs to start on our projects already! I don't even know anyone in the class yet!” protested Sooyoung agitatedly.

“Oh? Is it anybody I know?” asked Sungjae curiously.

“Keep it in the pants, Yook Sungjae. My project partner is a guy,” replied Sooyoung pointedly.

“Yah! Who said anything about that? I only asked for your partner’s name!” protested Sungjae.

“Believe it or not, I can’t even remember his name offhand right now. We introduced ourselves but that was it,” replied Sooyoung.

Sungjae snorted and continued to tuck into his meal. As he looked up to look at Sooyoung after a few more mouthfuls, he noticed a small lock of hair dangling over Sooyoung’s noodles. Sungjae was about to tell Sooyoung about it, but instead, reached over and pushed it over her ear.

“Hair is not an appropriate condiment, Park Sooyoung,” teased Sungjae.

Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at Sungjae, before going back to her jjajangmyun. Sungjae smiled and continued eating his jjamppong.

After they finally finished their dinner, Sungjae walked Sooyoung back to her dorm room.

“You’re taking Social Psychology too, right?” asked Sooyoung.

“Yeah. Wanna head to class together tomorrow?” asked Sungjae.

“Sure. As long as you can get your lazy out of bed on time tomorrow,” teased Sooyoung.

“Are you going to barge in on me again if I don't?” persisted Sungjae.

“Only if you’re going to make me late,” replied Sooyoung.

“You really have no qualms about seeing me topless, do you Park Sooyoung?” asked Sungjae.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and said, “I already said it does nothing for me.”

“Maybe I should sleep tonight. That might do something for you,” teased Sungjae.

“Good idea. I’ll be sure to keep my handphone handy. Oh, but then again, my handphone’s camera might not be able to get a good shot of anything that’s too small,” shot Sooyoung with a laugh.

“Yah! Park Sooyoung! What’s that supposed to mean?” shouted Sungjae, as Sooyoung ran ahead with a loud laugh.

The two continued to squabble until they reached Sooyoung’s dorm.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter