Chapter 15

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk put his hands down, as his eyebrows knitted in slight pain from the stress of memory modification. Eunkwang saw and came over to check on him.

 

“Minhyuk-ah! Why are you still doing this? You could have asked me to take over you for a while,” chided Eunkwang.

 

“The spell to modify their memories must be cast overnight. I need to rush this to make sure it’s seamless,” insisted Minhyuk.

 

“At least let me help, Minhyuk-ah. There’s no need to shoulder everything yourself,” said Eunkwang. Eunkwang held his hand over Minhyuk’s head and a warm, blue glow emanated from it. After a short while, the knot between Minhyuk’s eyebrows relaxed and disappeared.

 

“Gomawo, Eunkwang-ah,” said Minhyuk.

 

“You go rest. I’ll take over from here. We’ll cast the spell by sunset today,” said Eunkwang.

 

 

Changsub was waiting for Sungjae when he returned. When he saw Sungjae approaching, Changsub flew over enthusiastically and cheered, “Sungjae-ah! You’re finally home!”

 

“Changsub-hyung!” cheered Sungjae, as he flew forward and threw himself into Changsub’s arms.

 

“Yah! I’ve missed you so much! Welcome home, pabo-yah!” said Changsub, as he ruffled Sungjae’s hair.

 

“It’s nice to be back. I can finally bully you again,” laughed Sungjae, as he poked Changsub in the stomach.

 

“Aish! Yah! How dare you!” shouted Changsub, as he swiped Sungjae across the head.

 

Sungjae dodged and laughed, before saying, “Arasso, hyung. I’ll stop. Anyway, I’ve got to get started on my list for today. I’ll see you later, hyung.”

 

As Sungjae flew off, the smile on Changsub’s face grew a little sad.

 

Pabo-yah. You think I can’t tell that you’re sad? Why must you hide it from me? Minhyuk-hyung told me he wouldn't give you any work today. You’re just going to see how Sooyoung is doing, aren’t you?

 

True to Changsub’s thoughts, Sungjae made a beeline for Sooyoung’s dorm, knowing that she would be there now. As he hovered outside her window, he saw the evening sun throw hues of red and gold into her room, with her lying on her bed looking through her social media. Seeing her in this relaxed state, a small smile stretched across his face, though the smile hid the vast, gnawing sadness that Sungjae was bottling up.

 

Modifying her memories was the right thing to do. Goodness knows how she would be like now if she still remembers me. I’m sure you’ll be very happy with Dohwan. After all, you two were meant to be together. You were on Changsub-hyung’s list after all.

 

Sungjae flew in and sat next to Sooyoung on her bed. As he did so, a light breeze blew in from the window and caressed her cheek. Sooyoung smiled at the touch and decided to get up. Content with what he saw, Sungjae decided to check out how Youngmin was doing. As he flew over to Youngmin’s dorm, he saw what looked like two Youngmins walking out of the room together.

 

Right, I forgot. This was how it was supposed to be. Minhyuk-hyung mentioned it to me before. When I got sent down, I took Kwangmin’s position. Everything’s back to normal for them now, I guess.

 

“Kwangmin-ah, do you think I look okay? Hope Seulgi likes what I’m wearing today,” said Youngmin.

 

“Given that you look exactly like me, yes I think you look okay. For heaven’s sake, Youngmin-ah. She’s smitten with you, so don’t worry about these things every time you meet her!” nagged Kwangmin.

 

Youngmin laughed and said, “Arasso. I’ll see you later.”

 

Sungjae followed and saw Youngmin meeting Seulgi shortly after. Sungjae smiled as he saw Seulgi run forward and hug Youngmin, before holding his hand as they walked off for their date.

 

I may not be as powerful as Minhyuk-hyung and Eunkwang-hyung, but this is the least I can do for you, Youngmin-ah.

 

Sungjae reached into his pocket and withdrew a small pouch. He pulled it open and took out a small pinch of what looked like gold dust and blew it towards the couple. The couple noticed nothing, as the dust settled over them.

 

All couples will go through challenges, Youngmin-ah. I just made sure that you and Seulgi-ssi will be able to overcome all of them. Your love for each other will only grow deeper and stronger with time, till the end of time. Fighting, Youngmin-ah!<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter