Chapter 3

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae grunted as a loud banging on his dorm room shocked him out of his deep sleep.

“Yah! Yook Sungjae! Do you want to be late on the first day of your sophomore year?” shouted the voice on the other side of the door.

“Arasso! Stop knocking!” called Sungjae irritably with his eyes still closed.

“No, I won’t!” replied the voice, as its owner continued to slam on the door. “You’ll only go back to sleep if I stop knocking. Palli, Yook Sungjae!”

Sungjae muttered a curse under his breath, as he dragged his reluctant body out of bed and shuffled to the door. The second the door opened a chink, the owner of the loud voice forced the door open and a girl with flowing long hair, fair skin and rosebud lips stepped in.

“Yah, Park Sooyoung! I was going to tell you to wait! I’m not wearing a shirt!” shouted Sungjae, as he covered his torso with his arms.

“Aigoo, how many times have I seen you topless, Yook Sungjae? If you don't want me to see you topless, then wake up earlier and get ready for class!” ranted Sooyoung.

“You’re worse than my eomma,” grunted Sungjae, as he lumbered towards his toilet.

“If I don't do this, you’ll never graduate from university because you’ll never make it to class,” nagged Sooyoung.

Sungjae slammed the door of the toilet, as Sooyoung put down her bag and laid out some breakfast for Sungjae. Five minutes later, Sungjae sat at his table, still topless, and tucked into the breakfast that Sooyoung had brought him.

“Will it kill you to put on a shirt first, Yook Sungjae? Weren’t you whining a while ago about not wanting me to see you topless?” asked Sooyoung.

“Weren’t you the one who said you’ve already seen me topless countless times?” retorted Sungjae with a mouthful of sandwich.

Sungjae earned himself a smack on the head and the reply, “Hurry up and get ready! We’re supposed to be in class in 15 minutes! Honestly, you would have thought that living on campus would have made you more punctual.”

“Are you sure you’re a girl, Park Sooyoung? The way you behave sometimes makes me think that you’re a man,” retorted Sungjae.

“I’ll start behaving like a girl once you start treating me like one. I don't think you have for the past fifteen years that I’ve known you,” replied Sooyoung.

That was Sooyoung and Sungjae for you. Although they were childhood friends, not a day passed when they did not bicker. But that was their way of communicating, and they still cared for each other deeply as if they were the other’s siblings that they never had.

Sungjae fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter