Chapter 1

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sungjae-ah! How was work today?” asked Changsub.

“It was okay, I guess. I used up my arrows for those on my list,” replied Sungjae, as he took off his empty quiver.

The seven Cupids worked in heaven around the clock, ensuring that romantic love continued to blossom everywhere. A year on Earth was a day in heaven, and the seven Cupids had spent countless days spreading love since they were created. After each Cupid was done with his list, he would take an hour’s break before going back down to earth. Sungjae was the youngest Cupid amongst the seven and was most doted on by his hyungs. However, this also made Sungjae the cheekiest one out of the seven.

“I’ll head off now then,” replied Changsub, as he shouldered his quiver and, with a flick of his wrist, caused a new scroll to appear in his hand. Sungjae glanced over at the scroll in Changsub’s hand and saw the top two names on the list.

WOO DOHWAN ------ PARK SOOYOUNG

“Shall I come along and annoy you, hyung?” asked Sungjae cheekily.

“Yah! Don't you dare! I’m busy enough as it is. Besides, isn’t it your break time now? Go rest, for heaven’s sake!” barked Changsub.

“Arasso,” replied Sungjae.

However, unbeknownst to Changsub, Sungjae sneaked the arrow meant for the first couple from Changsub’s quiver and bent it slightly with his hand. The arrow tip grazed his hand slightly as he returned it to Changsub’s quiver. Changsub was adjusting his toga and didn't notice. As Changsub opened up his wings and flew down to earth, Sungjae quietly followed. Before long, Sungjae saw that Changsub had reached the entrance of Cube University. Woo Dohwan was walking a few metres ahead of Park Sooyoung, each unaware of each other’s existence. After all, it was Changsub’s arrow that was supposed to bring them together.

Changsub placed the arrow against his bow, took careful aim from behind Sooyoung and fired. To his surprise, the arrow flew through Sooyoung but curved a little and missed Dohwan by an inch. Changsub stared in disbelief for a while before he heard giggling behind him. As he turned around, he saw Sungjae laughing at him.

“Hyung, I think your skill needs work. Arrows are supposed to fly straight,” laughed Sungjae.

“Yah! Yook Sungjae! You did something to my arrow, didn't you?” shouted Changsub, as he flew over to Sungja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter