First Date

I'll Always Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sakura got home, she immediately opened her closet. She put out different clothes trying to choose what she'll wear on her date with Chaeyeon. Her bed was suddenly filled with clothes. Her phone rang. She had to search for it since it was covered with the clothes she took. She smiled when she saw who's calling. It's Chaeyeon.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Are you asleep? Did I wake you?"

"No. I'm not even close to sleeping."

"Why? Do you have a lot of things to do?"

"Not that. Sometimes I just can't sleep right away, you know."

"Ah...Don't forget our date tomorrow, okay?"

"Don't worry, I won't."

"Goodnight, Sakura!"

"Goodnight, Chaeyeon!"


Sakura immediately went back to choosing what she'll wear tomorrow after she hung up. After getting almost all of her clothes from the closet, she finally picked one. It's not her first date but it's her first after her breakup. she didn't went out with anyone after Hyewon. Somehow, the excitement of having your first date hit her.


Before Chaeyeon called Sakura, she's been on the phone talking to Yena. She asked her some tips on her first date. She told Yena that Sakura doesn't seem to like the typical dates; watching a movie, going to an amusement park, and eating at a restaurant. Yena told her that maybe the reason Sakura declined before is because it's not a date, it's just a 'meeting​​'. But Chaeyeon thought maybe Sakura doesn't really like those usual stuff. An idea came to her mind in the middle of their conversation. Yena seemed to like it. She also told Chaeyeon to just be herself and to enjoy the moment. Chaeyeon thanked Yena for rooting for her.


-----------------


Chaeyeon woke up earlier than the alarm she set. She feels nervous and excited at the same time. She hoped Sakura would like what she planned for this day. After getting dressed, Chaeyeon went straight to the place where she will meet Sakura.

Sakura went to the place where Chaeyeon told her to go. When she arrived, Chaeyeon was already there.

"Am I late?", she asked.

"No. I'm just a little early", Chaeyeon responded.

(She's been there for an hour)

"So..."

"Ah, I figured you don't like typical dates so I thought maybe you'll like this." Chaeyeon pointed to the two bikes parked nearby. Sakura smirked. Chaeyeon didn't know of it's a positive reaction or a negative one.

"What if I tell you I don't know how to ride a bike?", Sakura said.

"I already thought about that. We can use the tandem bike (the one with two seats and separate pedals)", Chaeyeon explained.

"Wow! You're really prepared. Let's go", Sakura commented.

Sakura walked towards the parked bikes. Chaeyeon followed her. Sakura chose from the two bikes and smiled. Chaeyeon got the other one. 

"So, you know how to ride this?", she asked.

"Yeah", Sakura answered.

"I thought you said you don't..."

"I said, what if."

Chaeyeon just smiled.

The two rode their bikes side by side. They kept glancing at each other. They talk from time to time. They even chase one another. After quite some time, they decided to rest under the shade of a big tree. Chaeyeon immediately handed out a bottle of water to Sakura.

"That was fun", Sakura said.

"I honestly thought you didn't know how to ride a  bike", Chaeyeon said.

"Because I'm into computer games and doesn't go out that much?"

Chaeyeon nodded.

"Well, I learned it when I was a kid, before I got into playing games."

"How about a race then?", Chaeyeon suggested.

"What's at stake?", Sakura asked.

"Hmmm... Initially I just wanted it for fun. But since you asked for it. One wish of the winner will be granted by the loser."

"Deal."


The race began. Chaeyeon thought of purposely losing to Sakura but she saw how the latter is serious about the race. Sakura's competitive side can be seen. Their race started and ended fair and square. Afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter