Temporary

I'll Always Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a busy day on Chaeyeon's tattoo shop. All of her tattoo artists are attending to a customer. Chaeyeon stayed in her office to finish finalizing their participation in a Tattoo Convention next month. She suddenly stopped what she's doing. She remembered the time that her bestfriend, Yena tagged her to the same event. She reminisced how it all started.

 

 

"Who would've thought that she'll be in the business of giving something permanent to someone when all her life she got used to things being temporary."

 

 

At a young age, Chaeyeon learned that not all things last for a long time. The nature of her parents' work caused them to transfer from one place to another. They barely got the chance to know the people from their neighborhood. Chaeyeon also transfers from one school to another. She made friends but eventually leaves them. Her parents finally decided to just home school her.

 

From places to people, Chaeyeon viewed them as temporary. Every place she got used to going eventually just becomes a memory. Every people she met and started to build a relationship with, she eventually leaves them behind. What hurt her the most is that her parents seem to be temporary as well. She barely spends time with them as both her parents are occupied with work. She gets everything she wants but she never got what she wanted the most, quality time with her parents.

 

When Chaeyeon is about to enter in a university, their family had a dinner together after a long time. Chaeyeon can't contain her excitement for this rare moment. She felt happy that they are doing this before the start of a new chapter in her life.

 

The table was quiet. Chaeyeon is the one who decided to break the ice by initiating the conversation. She just stopped talking when her mom interrupted. A deafening silence followed after. Chaeyeon left the dinner table.

 

Her parents are getting divorced.

 


------------------

 


When Chaeyeon entered the university, she had a hard time adjusting to the new environment. She preferred to be alone most of the time. She was eating alone at the cafeteria when someone joined her.

 

"Is this seat taken?"

Chaeyeon just shook her head.

"Mind if I join you?"

Chaey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter