I Like Her

I'll Always Have You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day before Sakura's birthday, Chaeyeon went to Sakura's PC bang. She wanted to surprise Sakura despite knowing that she's busy. Chaeyeon pushed through her plan. When she arrived, she was overwhelmed by the number of people. It's loud and crowded. She peeked in some of the gamers as she scanned the whole place to search for Sakura. After a few minutes, she finally saw her. Sakura is shocked after seeing Chaeyeon. She waved at her but immediately looked away as she was also talking to someone at the moment.


Chaeyeon waited on a corner as she watch Sakura have conversations with different people. Chaeyeon just got busy with her phone as she patiently wait for Sakura to be available. After a while, a tap on her shouder made Chaeyeon stop looking at her phone. Sakura greeted Chaeyeon with a bright smile as she ushered Chaeyeon to her office.


"Sorry for coming here without notice. I wanted to surprise you", Chaeyeon said.

"Well, you succeeded in surprising me. I feel sorry that I can't entertain you", Sakura answered.

"It's okay. I just thought of coming today because I know you'll be busy tomorrow. I didn't quite expect this. Sorry for barging in."

"Stop saying sorry. I appreciate you being here."

"Happy birthday! Advance Happy birthday!", Chaeyeon greeted as she hands out her gift for Sakura.

"What's this? You really didn't have to... Thank you!"

"I hope you'll like it."


Sakura opened Chaeyeon's gift. She is surprised. She hugged Chaeyeon after opening the gift. She like it a lot. It's a cherry blossom designed computer keyboard. Chaeyeon was glad Sakura liked her gift.


"I'll go ahead", Chaeyeon said.

"Already?", Sakura asked.

"I just wanted to give you my gift. Besides, I know I'm actually disturbing your Tournament."


Sakura didn't respond. From being excited and happy about the gift she got, her expression changed. Chaeyeon noticed it.


"Stay... Can't you stay?", Sakura said.

"Don't be sad. It's your birthday. Let's spend more time after your event."

"Okay..."

"By the way, is it always like this?"

"What do you mean?"

"This loud and a lot of guys..."


Sakura chuckled.


"Yes, it's usually loud and yes mostly guys participate."

"Ah..."

"Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. I just noticed."

"Don't worry, I'm also loud when I play, it's normal. Don't mind the guys, I don't like any of them."


Chaeyeon just smiled.

 

-----------------

 

12:00 AM

"Happy birthday, Sakura! I'm really glad that we met again. I hope you'll enjoy your day doing the thing you love the most."


Sakura can't stop smiling after reading Chaeyeon's text message. The first birthday message she received this day. She was just about to sleep. She'll end the day on a happy note.


Just like that, Sakura's yearly tradition is coming to a close again. Aside from the Tournament, Chaeyeon definitely made her birthday extra special. Looking back on how their paths have crossed, Sakura thought it was really amazing.

'Should I tell her I like her?'

'She probably knows that already.'

'But she never told me that she likes me...'

'I think she does...'

'We like each other', Sakura thought.

 

Chaeyeon is smiling like a fool again after reading Sakura's reply to her birthday greeting.

 

"Thank you, Chaeyeon! You're the first to greet me. I'm also glad we met again. It's like fate. I'd be happy if you'll be there as I do the thing I love the most."


After meeting Sakura, Chaeyeon felt a start of something new. She found it ironic that she liked the girl who removed her tattoo. Her view of things gradually changed. She became more open and sensitive,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter