chapter XXII

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
22 HIS REASON  

It was only two in the afternoon when they finally finished all the lessons for the day. Dinner started at six, and Sumin had already decided what to do to fill up her time for that.

Library, of course.

The moment they were all back to their respective dorms, each of them were given silver school bags on top of their beds. Sumin quickly took a shower then she gladly took the bag to fill up some parchments, a pen, a quill, and an ink bottle that the servants from Kingdom Otrera's Palace had prepared, before she left the dorm to the library.

She was ready to have some time to herself at the library, until Chanyeol somehow spotted her when she just entered the Common Room.

"Sumin!" Chanyeol called out cheerily, stopping his conversation with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, seemed a little troubled that Sumin was there. She still didn't understand why that guy seemed to dislike her somehow; however, she honestly didn't care. Chanyeol was already doing his task by getting closer with Baekhyun, so Sumin had no point to talk to Baekhyun. It wasn't like she also wanted to make a conversation with the guy when he seemed so bothered with her.

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked, glancing at the backpack that she had slung on one of her shoulders.

"To the library. Essays." Sumin said, ignoring Baekhyun's burning stare.

"What?" Chanyeol whined as he frowned hearing the last word. "It's only our first day, Sumin. Loosen up, will you?"

Sumin rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "Yes, it's our first day, yet we already have two essays that we should work on."

Chanyeol frowned even more upon hearing it, and Baekhyun decided to finally speak, which actually surprised her a little, "Well, there's no harm in doing our assignments, isn't it?"

As he was saying it though, Baekhyun kept his eyes still on her with a small smile. Yet, Sumin also noticed that his smile didn't reach his eyes, which made her wary. What was he planning with this?

Baekhyun stood up, patting off his trouser, ignoring Chanyeol who seemed surprised at this turn of event. "I'm going to the library too, then. I'm going to take my stuff first. Chanyeol, are you coming?"

Chanyeol was silent for a few seconds, before he pursed his lips and huffed as he stood up. "Fine! You guys are too diligent for your own good, I'm telling you!"

With that, Chanyeol rushed to his dorm, and Baekhyun leisurely followed him.

Sumin stared at their reatreating backs, feeling even more confused. Did Baekhyun just talk to her? Well, it didn't seem like he really focused on her while he was talking, but his gaze was quite intense; as though he was observing her.

Instead of mulling herself with it, she turned around and walked out of Reomir's Common Room, leaving the two behind. However, she didn't expect that the two would be quick on getting their things, because the moment she walked out from the doors, they also walked out.

"Hey, Sumin, wait up!" Chanyeol bellowed, which gained some of the other Magives' attentions. But he seemed to be unbothered by the stares as he caught up with her in no time with his long legs.

"Why did you leave without us?" Chanyeol asked, pouting.

"Because I don't want to waste any time," Sumin answered carelessly, noticing from the corner of her eyes that Baekhyun had already walked alongside Chanyeol.

Chanyeol pouted even more like a kid, and Sumin tried her best to ignore it, even though she secretly thought it was kind of cute.

After walking filled with Chanyeol's chatters, which Sumin replied half-heartedly, they finally arrived at the library. This time, the librarian was behind the counter, and he seemed quite young. He had black hair and he was quite tall, but obviously not as tall as Chanyeol. Just like the rest of Magives, this man was also quite attractive.

The man noticed their arrivals, and immediately slid a giant book toward them. "Please sign your names in this book."

Sumin pursed her lips instinctively, remembering that she had not filled her name with Suho earlier. But then, it wasn't their fault anyway because the librarian had not been there in the first place to tell them.

She glanced at the name tag he had on his left pocket on his shirt that said: Choi Bumsu.

After the three of them wrote their names down, they all immediately walked away to search for the books they needed. Sumin immediately parted away and searched for the History section, as both the assignments they needed to do both had something to do with history.

"Why are you always walking away?"

Sumin turned around and found Chanyeol tailing her behind, frowning in displeasure. Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen, and Sumin had a feeling that he decided to explore the library by his own.

"Aren't you going to follow Baekhyun?" Sumin asked quietly, turning her attention to the books beside her. "I mean, it's for our task, after all."

Chanyeol walked closer to her and suddenly put his chin on top of her head, which nearly made her flinch. "Is it wrong that I want to spend some time with you? I mean, it feels like we have not talked for months."

"We've only been here for almost a week," Sumin said casually, as if his action didn't bring any effects to her heart and mind. Despite the weight on top of her head and their close proximity, she didn't have any thoughts to push him away nor walk away.

"Yeah, well, I just miss talking to you," Chanyeol sullenly said, and Sumin could already imagine the pout he had.

Sumin felt her cheeks getting warmer, and her heart jolted out at his words. She knew Chanyeol probably didn't have any underlying meanings behind those words, because he was just that type of person: to speak out his thoughts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter