chapter XVI

The Task of Pandora
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
16 REMEMBER THAT  

After the confession time with Kai, they were back to normal.

Kai would sometimes send out snarky comments to her, and with a smirk if he really wanted to be annoying. Sumin would give out her best reply, but when she didn't want to give a , she would only give him her middle finger.

Not only that, though. Throughout the day, more and more Magives came to Hawthorn's dorm.

There was one afternoon when Sumin was casually lying on the sofa with a book propped up on her chest. An unfamiliar Magive came toward her and he had his arms crosssed.

"Can you share the sofa?" he asked, half-politely and half-annoyed.

Sumin was not feeling it so she ignored him and returned her focus back on her book about Pegasus. But soon enough, she felt like her legs were pushed off the sofa by a rather strong force, but not the same one as Luhan. It felt like it was from a wind.

She gripped on the sofa quickly before she completely fell down from the sofa and made a fool out of herself. Sumin looked at him with a glare, but he ignored her and sat down with a book in his hands.

Sumin decided to read the book outside the dorm and left that annoying good-looking Magive.

Why were the good-looking ones annoying or just plain weird? She didn't understand.

Then night came and they had their first dinner at The Halloust.

Obviously, the five of them gathered and sat closely to each other. However, three Magives decided to join them. Two of them were Jeanne and Kyungsoo.

Both Sumin and Kai had their jaws clenched slightly at this; both of them had one different person in mind.

"Hey!" Jeanne greeted, smiling cheerfully. "My name's Yoon Jeanne from Valcadas, at your service!"

Only Chanyeol greeted her back and returned his toothy smile.

"Ah! This is my new friend, by the way," Chanyeol grinned, pulling his (another) good-looking friend in. He had a light brown hair and he was shorter than Chanyeol, but not as skinny as Kyungsoo. When he smiled, Sumin felt like he was b with light all around.

"My name's Byun Baekhyun and I'm from Quaris," the Magive introduced himself.

Sumin raised her eyebrows with interest and glanced over at Luhan, whom also had the same knowing look. He was from Quaris and yet didn't feel disgusted at them? Knowing the fact that they were Otrera?

"Quaris, huh?" Chen asked with a sing-song voice, his cat-like smile slowly appeared. "Why would you bother to sit down with the oh-so-disgusting-and-low Otrera?"

Instead of being awkwardly quiet, Baekhyun immediately rejected that idea. "What? Why would you think that?"

"Just asking. You know, when someone is confused and he decides to voice out his confusion?" Chen said sarcastically.

Chanyeol glared at Chen while Kyungsoo and Jeanne only stood there rather awkwardly. Count on Chen to make things awkward at every situations.

"I'm not like the rest of Quaris," Baekhyun said, breaking their small silence.

Sumin glanced at Luhan, and they knew what this meant. The Queen was correct. They really had a chance to take a few Magives from Quaris to their side.

Chen only smiled with amusement, but didn't say anything anymore. They soon sat down and Kyungsoo eagerly sat down beside Sumin. Kai who sat on her other side, seemed to glare at clueless Kyungsoo. Jeanne on the other hand, sat beside Luhan which was across Sumin. Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat beside Luhan's other side, meanwhile Chen was at Kai's other side.

"Sumin," Kyungsoo whispered.

Sumin turned to him, waiting curiously for his next words.

"Do you want to go explore the infamous alley at Quaris tomorrow? It's kind of near around the Academy and I heard there's a big book store there," Kyungsoo eagerly said, but then his smile suddenly dropped. "Well, i ㅡ if you want to. But if you don't, that's okay! A ㅡ ah, I brought the bread from my bakery too."

Kyungsoo rummaged through his brown coat then pulled out a plain bread wrapped in plastic. He sheepishly slid the bread to Sumin through the table, ignoring her gaze.

Sumin stared down at the bread for a moment, then she decided to take it. She turned to Kyungsoo then smiled a little, "Thank you, and I would love to go."

Kyungsoo's shoulders relaxed from stiffing too much, and Sumin caught his small blush on his cheeks. He looked adorable and Sumin couldn't resist the small smirk to appear in her lips. Though, it was fortunate that Kyungsoo didn't notice.

As though she sensed it, Sumin turned her gaze toward the Magive from Quaris, whom already stared at her. Instead of looking away for being caught, Baekhyun kept staring at her then narrowed his eyes a little bit, before he turned to Chanyeol with a smile and talked to him.

Sumin frowned. That was quite suspicious.

However, that suspicious thought disappeared when she felt a hand wrapped around her own under the table. Sumin immediately looked at the culprit, Kai, whom merely stared ahead innocently.

Instead of taking away her hand though, Sumin fixed their hand position so their fingers intertwined with each other.

Kai tightened his grip around her hand then brushed his thumb over her hand softly, which successfully gave her chills at the back. Not the bad ones, though.

They stayed like that until finally their dinner was served.

Small beings came floating through the hall with trays on top of their hands. They had pointed ears and only had the size of someone's palm. Well, maybe slightly taller. They also had wings to make them fly around. They were a Pixie.

Sumin remembered that Pixies were quite naturally mischievous so she wondered why the Academy even bothered to hire their help. She was a bit worried that the Pixies would do something horrible with the food, but surprisingly, nothing odd happened.

Each tray was held with four Pixies. They wore colourful dresses and outfits. Not only their outfits, their hairs were also colourful: green, pink, blue, red, and more.

As every Magives received their tray, they immediately started to eat. Sumin turned to look at the specific table at the far left in The Halloust. The table was long too, but she could see it was shorter than theirs. There was Professor Song sitting there with two more adult Magives, chatting idly as they took bites of their meal.

Sumin wondered if one of them was the Headmistress Fenming.

Sumin looked down at her tray; a plate of Alows de Beef. It made her remember about Kisoom which made her look at Chanyeol instinctively.

Ever the clueless Chanyeol, he noticed Sumin's gaze at him and waved at her cheerily with puffed cheeks. Sumin didn't wave back, but she smiled a little in reply.

Knowing that it could even be next week, tomorrow, or even after this second that Kisoom could have been murdered, nearly made Sumin lose her apetite.

 

 

The next day, Sumin and Kyungsoo woke up early in the morning to go to the ever-so-famous alley in the Kingdom: The Serra Alley.

Sumin only told Luhan yesterday that she would go to Serra Alley with Kyungsoo and even asked him if he wanted to join. However, Luhan merely frowned and nodded, yet he didn't want to join. He said he was too lazy and he wanted to explore the Academy more.

Sumin looked down at her outfit and nodded in satisfaction. She wore a red blouse with black trouser, thanks to Queen Trithis's help of course. She pulled up her long hair into a ponytail and slipped in her feet to her black flat shoes.

"Where are you going?"

Sumin turned her attention to Jeanne, whom was reading a magazine as she lied on her bed comfortably. Sumin resisted the urge to roll her eyes and chose not to reply.

Jeanne pouted, returning her attention back to her magazine. Jeanne didn't protest this time and probably finally realized not to push too much on Sumin's buttons.

Sumin went out from the dorm and passed through the Common Room. Unfortunately, there were Chen, Kai, and Chanyeol there to witness her dressing up over something they clearly didn't have any ideas about. Which would of course, disturb her in the end.

Chen whistled. "I never thought red will look good on you."

"Where are you going?" Kai asked the same question as Jeanne, yet despite his frown, Sumin noticed the appreciation in his eyes.

"Oh! Can I come?" Chanyeol asked as soon as he heard Kai's question.

However, beside Chanyeol on the sofa was none other than Baekhyun. This time, Baekhyun seemed to stare at her in a very odd way. He didn't narrow his eyes or show any signs of dislike at her, but Sumin felt quite uncomfortable being stared at him.

His stare wasn't the appreciative one like Kai and Chen's. It was something else. As if he was feeling suspicious of her.

Before Sumin could answer and reject both Kai and Chanyeol's questions simultaneously, Chen decided to . "Is it with our lover boy?"

"Who?" Chanyeol asked, frowning for a moment until the answer dawned on him. "Ah, that little guy that you called as a friend!"

Kai pursed his lips, as though he was holding himself back from spitting out his temper. Instead, their gazes met and Kai's gaze softened. He was starting to trust her now, and it compeletly melted her a little.

"I don't have time for these," Sumin said and walked out from the Common Room, ignoring Chanyeol's complaints.

She walked to the field outside the Academy, and found Kyungsoo standing there with his back facing her. The breeze shook his hair a little and he had his hands on his back. It was a calming scenery, and Sumin felt like she had just disturbed something important.

"Ah, Sumin?" Kyungsoo suddenly said then turned around with a shy smile.

Sumin raised her eyebrow in suspicion. How did he know it was her behind him? She didn't let out any sounds and it could be anyone who could walk behind him. Then how did he do it? Sumin had a feeling it had something to do with his ability, but she didn't have any clear ideas what it was for now.

Kyungsoo wore a collared white shirt, then a deep blue sweate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter