Chapter 9

One Night

‘Byul wake up! Now!’ she lightly shake Byul body hoping Byul gonna wake up at her command. But no, the woman pulling the duvet and cover her entire body with it, from head to toes.

‘Seriously Byul, its evening already.’ she pull the duvet forcedly revealing half of Byul’s body. Wheein blushed at the sight and slightly cover it back up to Byul chest. Meanwhile Byul let out a low grunt and roll her body over, Wheein facing her back now.

She cross her arms over her chest, ‘Alright, you sleep on your own tonight.’

With that, Byul unwillingly open her sleepy eyes and sat up on bed. ‘That’s not fair.’ She whined.

Wheein rolled her eyes, ‘Don’t care.’ She push Byul toward the bathroom door. ‘Take a shower.’

 

 

Their skipped breakfast and lunch today. It's dinner now, both decide to order since Byul fridge run out of groceries. Both enjoy the calm during dinner, staring at the glass window. It's raining outside. The weather make both of them lost in their own thoughts.

While Wheein eyes still looking out of window, Byul shift her eyes toward the girl.

Marriage….

She sighed as the thought of marriage came across her mind. How in the world she gonna bring the topic to Wheein. it's gonna make her a selfish person if she want the marriage just to pin down the girl. Just to make Wheein hers. It is becoming a selfish love for Byul.

 

Wheein notice that Byul been staring at her, the woman face full of heavy thought with those empty grey eyes on her right now. And a slight frown.

‘Am I that pretty?’ Wheein playfully poke Byul nose.

Instead of answer the question, Byul think it’s the right timing to bring out the topic. How wrong she is at her own judgement.

She take a deep breath and ‘What you think about marriage?’ eyes looking straight into the two pool of eyes that staring back at her with an expression that Byul could not read it. It full of calmness yet there’s a storm on the other side.

 

She blink her eyes once, carefully arrange her words. She knows that Byul wasn’t just asking, the woman is in serious mood. She is serious too with Byul, but Wheein didn’t thought about marriage yet since both of them still young and … it doesn’t allow same marriage here.

‘We can’t stay here if we married. Beside we still have study to finish and I can’t leave my family just like that Byul.’ She pause a second taking a deep breath, ‘And I still in debt with you.’

The mention of Wheein debt to her does make Byul blood boiling a bit, but she hold it. don’t want to have another fight because of that. Filling up her glass with a warm water as she opened , ‘We’ll come back from time to time to visit your family. I didn’t say we won't returned. Your mom okay with it. I ..’

 

Wheein snapped, ‘You talk to my mom?’ she cut Byul off. A line formed between her brows. ‘Without discuss it with me first? You just went straight to my mom?’

‘Look’ she remain calm even though her heart did hurt a bit with sudden raising of Wheein voice. ‘I didn’t over talk with your mom, I just ask her blessing that day. And I just told her the fact at the moment that we might need to move out because..’ Byul stop, her eyes on the girl.

Wheein lower her gaze ‘Byul..’ she raked her hairs roughly with her fingers. ‘Byul, can’t you understand me for once? They got no one else here. How can they live on their own? I need to take care of them. Their hospitality. I can’t abandoned them once I found my happiness. What if something happens and .. ’

‘Stop thinking about your family or once. This is your life! Your mom understand it!! Why can you .. ’

Wheein gasped, she can’t believe what Byul just said. ‘You really want me to leave them??’

Wheein cut her off again, Byul really try hard to hold her anger. So she calmly gulping down the water. Her head hurts like hell with Wheein voice piercing into her nerve. It felt like rubbing a salt to an open wound.

‘just to be with you?? they sacrifice their entire life for me Byul!!! I just met you this term!! How can you say that?!!! I know I owe you a million dollar but doesn’t mean .. ’

Wheein word die when the sound of broken glass make Wheein heart dropped. Byul smash the glass on the dining table, she froze on the spot.  Especially when Byul hand still intact with those broken glass. A red liquids dripping on the dining table, Byul still firmly hold into it, she doesn’t care that the sharp glass piercing through her right hand. Her face all calm looking away, there’s no tears and no sign of her gonna cry at all. Her heart is hurting at the moment not her bleeding hand.

Wheein heart throbbing, she at loss of words. Her eyes fix on Byul hand, she could see that Byul hand shaking, the woman holding her anger.

 

The blood still dripping out. She swallow hard the pain that she just cause as she slowly get up. Scare that Byul might do another dangerous thing. She about to approach the woman when Byul simply brush off the broken glass from her hand like she’s not bleeding at all. Her eyes completely avoid Wheein’s.

‘Byul..’ Wheein whispered under her breath, barely make it to Byul ears but the woman hear it just fine.

Ignoring Wheein’s call, Byul pivot her heels and grab the car key on the kitchen counter.

 

Wheein mouth fell apart and her feet start to rush, follow the woman step.

No Byul! You can’t drive now! Not now!

 

Her short stride force her to run so she able to catch up with Byul who almost reach the front door. Wanted to call Byul name but her voice just stuck. Her eyes blurry as the tears pooling at her eyes.

A couple of step before Byul reach the front door, a pair of arms wrapping her body firmly, forcing Byul to stop her track. She could hear the girl sobbing at her back. Wheein buries her face into Byul upper back and she cry out loud.

‘No..’ ‘please Byul.’ She begged, saying sorry with her voice barely audible as her sobbing getting loud. she furiously shake her head as she feel Byul removing her arms.

No Byul. Please.

Byul turned around facing the girl, Wheein tears fall heavily on her cheeks once her eyes land on Byul face. The woman look way too calm than she supposed to be. Wheein know that Byul really mad at that time which is the reason Byul didn’t let out a single word from .

‘don’t go…’ she gripping tightly on Byul shirt. 

 

 

 

 

Byul still have not say anything. She did stay, Wheein tears still fall on her cheeks silently. She didn’t wipe it, she just leave it there. heart praying Byul would wipe her tears like before, but the woman didn’t.

 

She clear the wound on Byul right hand careful as possible. Everytime she pull out the tiny piece of glass from Byul hand she took a quick glance to Byul, but the woman didn’t even wince. Her face rigid.

Hands trembling as she apply the medicine and wrapping the bandage around Byul hand. As soon as she finish it, she quickly grab Byul arm. Scare that Byul might run away, but the woman stay. Or to be more accurate she didn’t move a muscle, eyes staring straight into the air. Byul looks like a mannequin.

 

 

Wheein rest her forehead on Byul shoulder and could feel Byul stiffened her body. She let out a long breath and closed her eyes hoping it would make her mind clear. Knowing that if se open , the fight might worsen.

 

Clearly both of them not ready for marriage at this age. Wheein keep thinking how can she make Byul understand her situation that she couldn’t leave her family, her heart felt heavy. She doesn’t want to leave Byul too. She loves Byul, the woman too sacrifice something for her. Byul even paid her family debt. Staying like this was perfect for her, but not to Byul. The woman want more, she wanted to claim the girl all by herself.

Byul wanted to tie Wheein with legalized document.

 

Both just staying like that, Byul want to apologize but her heart too swollen with Wheein words. Placing her pride at first and her love to Wheein became second at the time. Slowly she realize that maybe both of them need some time to stay away.

 

‘go get some sleep.’ Byul break the silence. She get up freeing herself from Wheein. ‘I’ll send you back tomorrow.’

Didn’t wait for Wheein to respond, Byul make her way to the bedroom.

But,

Wheein heart clenched, she’s hurts when Byul walk into the guest room, leaving the master bedroom to Wheein. she felt empty, the feeling of Byul leaving her now. It's complicated.

 

 

The only left for Wheein is the sound of the guest room door being closed by Byul.

Her joke about Byul sleeping on her own became a reality. A bitter reality to them, or perhaps to Wheein only. 



the idea came like a flood. lol. i thought i wouldnt be able to update till next week because i couldnt think what kind of wheein reaction if byul told her about marriage but this idea came across me last night and it became an angst. 

i hope u guys enjoy this chapter. thanks for the support, really really really appreciate it. 

sorry if there any mistake.

love and peace out ^^