Chapter 3

One Night

Just a step away from each, gripping tightly on her purse. Wheein hold her breath.

Taking another step forward forcing Wheein to take a step back until her back fully touch the wall. Byul placing her hands at each side trapping Wheein. Didn’t break their eye contact.

Heart about to pop out from her chest, Wheein almost become one with the wall especially when Byul lean forward reducing the gap between them. She can feel Byul hot breath on her face causing a shiver runs down to her spine.

Slowly Byul tilting her head, lips almost touch but Wheein turn her head sideway avoiding the kiss.

….

‘She just walk out of my apartment after that.’

‘She’s too kind. I would slap you if I was her.’ hand cross over her chest, shaking her head after Byul told her everything.

Byul look away, she can’t argue with this woman because she knows she’s going to lose.

‘What’s now? You just gonna let her go?’ she asked, half serious about it.

‘No!’ a strong deny, waving her hand furiously. ‘But she clearly draw a line between us already.’

‘Approach her in a good manner will you, not pinning her on the wall or something.’

‘I just express how I feel, I really mean it when I say I want …’ Byul word die when a thick paper land hard on her head causing her to wince in pain.

‘You seriously!! That’s ual harassment!’

‘What should I do then??? I want her to know that my feeling is genuine.’ Still can’t believe Yong Sun hit her head just like that.

‘By kissing someone else in the toilet and pin her on the wall?’ Yong Sun said while throwing a glare at Byul who immediately lower her head at the mention of her stupid action.

‘Approach her with more manner will you.’

Byul shrugged at Yong Sun suggestion. She knows that already impossible. Wheein doesn’t want their path to cross. Wheein claim that night was a mistake because both of them drunk but still Byul can’t forget those dimple smile, that’s what attract her to Wheein at the club.

….

Wheein clean up her paint brush, and tidy up the studio that she work as a part time job there. that’s how she been helping her family paying their debt. She lucky that someone really like her artwork and willing to buy them, it's not much but it does help her. That’s how she able to buy her first smartphone ever. She used a flip phone before.

Took a quick glance at the clock. It's pass midnight already. Time does fly.

 

….

Take her usual seat, taking out her notes. Getting ready for lecture. A familiar figure taking a sit beside her and her body immediately tense because of that. She glance at the woman who act like nothing happens at all.

Notice the glare from the girl, Byul turn her head facing Wheein. ‘What?’ she asked, face all innocent.

Biting her lower lips, taking a deep breath and pressing her anger deep down so it won't blow up. Didn’t answer the question she decide to ignore Byul. So did the woman, both of them now being a normal university students who don’t even know each other name even though they being a classmate for whole 6 month.

Lecture end, Byul silently left the hall heading for her next class so do Wheein.

 

 

Peacefully have her lunch at the University café and again, Byul sit in front of her making Wheein to look around the café wonder if the other table are taken but no. there’s couple of empty table. 

Pressed her lips together, What she’s playing at?!

Byul on the other hand having her lunch like Wheein and her are the couple of the year with her placing some of her side dish into Wheein plate and she order two ice coffee, one for her and the other one she place it in front Wheein.

‘What you doing?!’ Wheein asked sternly.

Byul smile warmly at Wheein and calmly telling Wheein that she having a lunch at the moment.

‘I can see that, I mean what. Are. You. Doing?’ she asked it again with her finger pointing at the ice coffee.

Scratching her right brow, ‘I’m sorry.’

‘For what?’

Byul shrugged, ‘everything and. Ermm … I’m serious about starting over.’

Grabbing her bag and she about to get up but Byul stop her, ‘Alright.. alright.’ A sighed escape Byul lips. ‘I won't bother you, I’ll eat quietly.’

 

 

And Wheein life filled with silent Byul follow her around the campus whenever Byul got chance. Wheein completely give up. She been asking Byul to stop like a million times already in a good and bad manner but Byul didn’t budge. Some of the student thought they were a thing already and didn’t approach Wheein in a romantic way anymore, they didn’t really want to mess around with Byul.

Wheein heart start to wavering and that’s what scare her the most. Falling in love, she still got her family debt to settle.

It's all because of that one night, she never thought a one night stand will hunt her like this.

She act cold toward Byul for a whole month but Byul just smile at her, eyes wrinkles. Nose crinkles.

 

She’s short of 700 buck this month, her heart praying that the debt collector in a good on he receive a notice that Wheein already transfer a money to him. He should know by now, it's been three day already.

Making her way home, walking alone. Nope correction walking with Byul who follow her from behind. That woman about three meter apart from Wheein.  Wheein doesn’t afraid on dark alley anymore now that she know Byul always behind her. that woman literally waiting at the 24/7 café in front of Wheein part time job. The corner of her lips turn upward, smiling at the thought of Byul effort.

‘Miss Jung Wheein?’

A deep voice awake Wheein from her thought of Byul, standing in front of her a man, have a body of fighter with a facial hair cover half of his face.

Swallow hard her saliva, Wheein face turned pale. She knows exactly why that man is here.

‘You coming with me.’ Grabbing Wheein’s wrist and harshly drag the young woman who lips are completely sealed. Too scared to scream.

‘Whoa!! Why you dragging her?’ Byul loud voice forcing the man to stop. The man snorted, eyes travel from head to toe studying Byul. Wheein quickly pushing Byul away hoping the woman stop ‘It's nothing Byul shi please go.’

But it's Byul, she never stop. Eyes staring deadly at the guy in front of her, his hand still wrapping around Wheein’s wrist and that make her blood boiled hard.

‘this woman got unfinished business with my boss.’

Wheein heart relief a bit when the guy didn’t mention her family debt. But Byul keep asking what’s is it, threaten she would call a cop if he doesn’t let go Wheein hand leaving the guy with no choice other than telling Byul.

‘She didn’t pay this month like what she promise to us. So we taking her house.’

Wheein almost faint at the moment, thinking that where her mother and grandma would sleep tonight. Almost kneel down but Byul pulling her, freeing Wheein from the guy.

‘How much?’

‘What, no Byul.’ Again, Wheein try hard to push Byul away but she stiffened her body.

That guy take out something form her blazer and hand it to Byul. Wheein try to snatch it but Byul was faster.

‘Byul, this is my…’

‘Shut up will you!!’ Byul tone was so cold, Wheein tremble hearing it and quickly lower her gaze the moment Byul turn her head to look at Wheein.

Wheein don’t even know what to do, she’s supposed to be mad at Byul who meddling with her problem like this but she also don’t have a courage to stop the angry Byul. And her family safety is her top priority.

Handling her phone toward the guy, he punch the screen with his fat finger entering the account number. As soon as Byul make a transfer she show it to the guy and quickly snap the guy face.

‘What was that for?’ he asked furiously.’

‘Her debt settle now. If anything happen to her and her family.’ Waving her phone on the air, Byul have a deadly serious face. ‘Your face will be on the news dude.’

What?? She paid the whole amount.  About to open to protest but it too late when Byul grabbing her wrist gently dragging her away from the guy.

 

….

 

Sitting quietly inside Byul car, this is Wheein third time being here and this time she’s sober. Being sober itself doesn’t sound right to her and it's awkward.

Hands start to sweating as she felt a mix of emotion right now, with Byul paid her family debt. Feeling guilty and embarrassing about what just happened. Sad and frustration that she can’t handle the situation well.

Should I say thank you for helping me or sorry?

‘About the money..’ she pause when Byul give her full attention. ‘Err .. I’ll pay them monthly.’

Byul nodded her head, ‘sure. After you officially become a lawyer.’ Which mean a few years later. Wheein won't be able to run away from Byul.

‘I can pay you starting next month.’

‘How?’ Byul cut her off, ‘By working at studio until late night. What about your study then?’

She lower her gaze, pressed her lips. Can’t really say anything about that, she admit it that it too tired working and studying at the same time with club activities coming. They have a bonding activity that will be held at Thailand. Its three week left before midterm break. She picked at her nails, she didn’t really do anything wrong here but somehow felt like she did.

‘Thank you for helping me.’ Wheein said, almost whispering but loud enough for Byul to listen.

Byul just nodded her head, ‘Is that why you avoiding me? You want to focus on your thing first?’

Wheein heart twitch a bit at Byul question, its half-truth. ‘Kind of, I’m the only child. My mom old already and I want to do well so she can rest at home after I graduate.’

‘Promise I won't disturb you during your study.’

Wheein know where this conversation heading, Byul asking her out. ‘Byul, it's not that. I just can’t do multitask and everything. That happen once during my high school time. But,’ she pause a bit after hearing a bitter laugh from Byul. ‘Maybe we can be friend Byul.’

Shaking her head slowly, she Park her car. ‘I don’t want to be just friend with you..’ … ‘I guess this is the end for us.’ Byul motion Wheein to get out since they arrived at their destination.

….

That’s really the last time she saw Byul, Byul didn’t attend their business law class after that, Wheein been wandering all around campus looking for Byul but she didn’t come across her at all. Wheein even visit Byul apartment but the woman move out.

 

 

‘What did I do Hye Jin ah?’

Hye Jin rolled her eyes, ‘You break her heart.’

Wheein grimaced at the sincere answer from her friend. She got a paper tomorrow. It's midterm already and after that she’s going to Thailand. She sighed. Her days been gloomy after that day. Didn’t expect this to happen, her heart stopped when she receive a note from Byul telling her she don’t need to pay her money. She grip that piece of paper, it's the last thing she receive from Byul.



Another chapter here, i dont know how it turn up to be angst this time lol. the flow gonna be up and down because i still thinking about the plot. sooo bear it with me. feel free to suggest any scene you guys want me to add. i'll credit your nickname at the end of the chapter later.

 

sorry if there any mistake in my story. hope you guys enjoy it. LOVE AND PEACE OUT ^^