The truth starts to get revealed

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Read chapters ten and eleven tonight, so that you’ll be ready for tomorrow’s lecture,” instructs the professor as he reorganizes his lecture notes.

Yoona puts her pencil and notebook into her backpack. I think I’ll have to find someone to study with, because the class material is getting a bit confusing at times. If only my friends were taking this class with me… well, maybe not Fany or Yul. I love them, but they’re not the best people to be studying with.

On the other hand, I think Seohyun would be perfect; she seems really passionate about her classes. It’s too bad she’s not in this class.

She then joins the other students as they file out of the lecture hall, while taking glances at her classmates. Who looks like someone I’d want to work with?

“Yoona!”

Yoona turns to see Jessica waving at her. The younger girl was pleasantly surprised. Has she been in this class the whole time and we didn’t know about it?! “Jessica! Are you in this class?”

“I am now. I had to switch my original class to this one because it’s much closer to my earlier class. I refuse to run across the university just so I could make it on time.”

Yoona beams at the news. “Yay, I’m so glad that you’re my classmate now!”

Jessica smiles at her. “So am I.”

 

The two girls chatted about their class as they walked, enjoying the light breeze on a sunny spring day.

It wasn’t long before Jessica receives a text message.

Yoona notices that her companion was smiling warmly as she responds to the message. “Is that your girlfriend? Only love could put that kind of a smile on your face,” she teases.

“It’s my sister.”

Your sister is making you smile like that? Yoona becomes curious. “Are you close with her?”

Jessica puts her phone away. “Yeah, we’re very close. We communicate often, and try to spend time together whenever we can.”

“You two seem to have a really good relationship. What is she like?”

The older girl maintains her smile. “She’s one of my best friends. She’s great to talk to, really funny, very support-”

Jessica abruptly stops talking as someone hugs her from behind. She could feel that the person was wearing a bra, and was giving off an unknown yet familiar scent of perfume.

The sense of familiarity was making her heart beat faster.

“Oops, I thought you were Yoona!” Tiffany says playfully, keeping her arms around Jessica’s slim waist.

Jessica starts blushing, instantly recognizing her husky voice. “Tiff, w-what are you doing?”

“I like backhugging my friends by surprise; their reactions can be hilarious sometimes,” Tiffany explains, grinning.

“Well obviously I’m not Yoona!”

“Oh, I’m sorry, you two look similar from behind.” Tiffany didn’t sound sincere about her apology at all as she enjoys the thrilling sensation of hugging her crush, internally squealing. Oh my god, I can’t believe I’m doing this!

“I-I think that’s enough,” Jessica tells her, while still blushing.

Tiffany pouts as she complies, reluctantly letting Jessica go. “You don’t like my hug?”

Jessica turns to look at Tiffany, who has her dark brown hair in a ponytail. She chooses not to answer the question as she breaks eye contact. “Do you have a preference for which restaurant you want to go to?”

It might be wishful thinking, but she seems to be a little flustered from the backhug! “I’m in the mood for some American food,” answers Tiffany, smiling.

Jessica nods in response.

“Hey girls! Do you wanna get some tacos at Taco Bell?” Yuri calls out to them as she and the others approach the three girls.

“Sure! But these two seem to have a date planned already,” answers Yoona, looking suspiciously at her two companions.

Taeyeon turns her attention to Tiffany and Jessica. “A date? What is she talking about?”

“We’re having lunch together,” Tiffany replies, smiling.

“Whoa, really?” Hyoyeon was surprised. My little Jess has already agreed to another private outing with Tiff? I’m so proud of her!

Sooyoung stares at Tiffany. “Are you serious? Just the two of you?”

“We have some important things to discuss,” Jessica quickly explains before they start getting the wrong idea.

“Like how your relationship is progressing?” teases Yuri.

“And also about how good they look together?” adds Sunny, giggling at her own statement.

Jessica ignores them and turns to Tiffany. “We should get going.”

Jess is obviously so done with them right now, Tiffany thinks with amusement as she follows Jessica.

 

The two girls walked onto the University District, where many stores, restaurants, and cafés were located. The convenience of its close distance from the University made it a popular place for students to spend their time after their classes were done for the day.

“There’s a Red Robin on the west end of the District. Let’s go there!” suggests Tiffany.

Jessica was preoccupied with her thoughts, and didn’t answer.

“Jess?”

“Hm?”

“What are you thinking so hard about?” Tiffany had been watching her companion and became quite curious about what was going through her mind. She seemed to have been really contemplating something.

“Nothing. What were you saying before?”

As usual, she refuses to open up to me. Tiffany was a little disappointed, but at the same time, she wasn’t surprised that Jessica wasn’t being forthright with her. “I want to go to Red Robin.”

“Sure, that’s fine.”

 

The pair walked in silence for a few minutes, each absorbed in their own thoughts.

Tiffany smiles widely as she recalls the way too short but exhilarating feeling of backhugging Jessica. It was the perfect opportunity! I’m so proud of myself for doing that.

I thought that she might have gotten annoyed with me, but she surprisingly wasn’t.

“What’s the name of the girl who texted you yesterday?” asks Jessica, interrupting Tiffany’s pleasant thoughts.

“What?”

“The name of the girl who texted you yesterday,” repeats Jessica.

“Oh, it’s Irene.”

“Has she sent you any more messages?”

“No, I think she’s waiting for me to initiate contact,” replies Tiffany. I guess I should be saying something to her by now. I just… I don’t know how I should proceed with this!

“Can I see her profile?”

“Sure.” Tiffany takes her phone out and logs into the dating site. Then she hands her phone over to Jessica after finding the requested profile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter