Scheme

I think we were meant to be together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, here they are! Welcome back!” announces Sooyoung, as Tiffany and Jessica join the group at the table.

Wendy, who was with the others that went outside, wasn’t far behind the couple. “You guys so missed out on Tiffy going off on this one girl out there! We might be seeing some romantroversies soon! Isn’t that exciting?”

“Did you just call me Tiffy?” Tiffany takes a seat, and Jessica sits down next to her.

Yuri was confused by what Wendy was saying, and her face showed it. “What the is a romantroversy?”

“A romantic controversy!” Wendy explains, as if it was obvious.

Joy shakes her head, feeling a bit ashamed of her friend. “Ignore her. When she gets overexcited, she just makes words up.”

“I thought it was really clever!” Yoona holds her hand out for a high five, which Wendy eagerly provides.

“Oooh, what kind of controversies are you talking about?” Sunny sets her menu down, always being ready for gossip.

“It wasn’t exactly a controversy, per se…” Seulgi starts to explain, but struggled to find the right way to describe what happened. She turns to the others for help.

“We saw the girl that Jess is involved with, and there are just some details to be worked out,” Taeyeon clarifies, trying to downplay the incident. She was sure that neither Tiffany nor Jessica wanted to discuss what had happened earlier with everyone at the table.

Yuri readjusts her ponytail. “Taeng, you always give us the most boring version of the event! I like Wendy’s version better, with the romantervy, or whatever the it was!”

 

Their waitress arrives at their table. “Wow, such a large group! Is this a party for someone’s birthday?”

“No, it’s just a normal outing among friends. And today’s main event is for them to give the details of their first date!” answers Sunny, pointing at Tiffany and Jessica.

“You and who?” The waitress appears confused as she looks at Tiffany, automatically assuming that Tiffany was dating a guy, but wasn’t seeing any males at the table.

Tiffany smiles as she puts her arm around Jessica. “This beautiful girl next to me!”

“Oh, how cute! I think it’s really cute when girls date!” says the waitress, a bit surprised. “Is everyone ready to order?”

“Yes, I’ll have the galbi-jjim,” Sooyoung orders without hesitation.

Taeyeon motions the waitress to wait, and then she looks around the table. “Hold on, is everyone else ready?”

There were murmurs of agreement from most of the group.

Yuri orders next. “I’ll have the naengmyeon.”

“Me too!” calls out Wendy and Yeri at the same time.

“Don’t copy me!” accuses Yeri, setting her menu down.

“As if! You were just waiting to hear what I was going to order because you want to be like me!” retorts Wendy.

“Why would I want to be like a dork who can’t even find the right table?”

“That was Rene’s fault, she didn’t point clearly!”

Joy frowns at both of her friends. “Both of you shut up so other people can order! So rude!”

“Can I order now?” Seulgi asks, not wanting the waitress to skip her.

Irene frowns with disapproval, wanting to distance herself from her friends. “This is so embarrassing… I told them to behave in front of college girls! And here they are, already acting like noisy kids.”

Taeyeon grins as she pats Irene’s shoulder. “As the oldest and most mature member of my group, I can completely relate to what you’re going through.”

 

Jessica rests her head on Tiffany’s shoulder as they share a menu.

The younger girl was feeling ecstatic as she turns the page. The feeling of Jessica’s close contact and the scent of her perfume was making her heart feel fluttery. Ahhh! She’s leaning against me! Stay calm, Tiff! “W-what do you want to eat?”

“I’m not really hungry right now. Maybe I’ll get something later.”

Tiffany places her hand onto Jessica’s thigh. “Come on Jess, you have to eat something. You haven’t had anything since those pastries!”

The older girl sighs. “After what happened earlier, I don’t have much of an appetite.”

“Are you really ok with being here? I could take you home if you don’t feel like staying,” suggests Tiffany, her brows furrowing with concern.

Jessica puts her arms around Tiffany’s upper body. “I just want to be wherever you are.”

The younger girl’s heart was beating so fast that she was sure that Jessica was hearing it. Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter