Chapter 8

Private Library - Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I observed his face, he was still staring at me and I felt like fainting. Thank god that I was still sitting. 

For some reason, one part of my body just wanted to jump at him and kiss him and another knew that that was wrong for so many reasons. First of all, I just met him and secondly, he was way out of my league. 

" I should get going?" I spoke in a sleepy tone and tried to get up. He didn't stop me. Not like expected him that he would. But was I wishing for it? Probably yes.

" You could always stay here," Jungkook said in a sneaky tone and watched me get my bag from the counter. 

Looking out the window that was behind him, it was pitch black already. 

 

I could feel myself hesitating. I would love to stay but it just wasn't right... and what does he want with me anyway? maybe he just sees me as another hookup. 

I don't know and I am too scared to know. Probably because I will not like the truth. Would he have asked me to stay if he remembered who I was?

 

I walked towards the door and I knew he did not move from the couch. 

" See you tomorrow," I said to him as I headed out the door. I didn't hear any response from him as I shut the door so quickly.

 

Hailing for a cab to rush home, I saw my clock and it was 1 AM already. I still had not packed of my 20-day trip and had to be up by 5.30AM to get the bus at the company by 7 AM.

UGH... I am so screwed. 

Exhausted and not functioning properly, I grabbed the little work clothes I had and packed it into my sliver suitcase.  

" That should be fine" I sighed and crashed onto my bed.

Without any second thoughts, I passed out.

 

 

The terrible sound of my alarm was ringing. 

" my life" I whispered and tried my best not to hit the snooze button because. We all know that Satan himself created the snooze button. 

Dragging my out the bed, I took a cold shower and made myself a double shot espresso. Looking in my mirror, my dark circles could be visible from miles away. Caking up with concealer and singing to frozen let it go " conceal don't feel don't let them know".  

I looked decent and presentable after multiple layers of makeup. Thank god that we get lots of free samples from work. If not I would spend a fortune due to the amound I smack on my face. 

 

I decided to spoil myself and take a taxi to the office since I was so tired and could totally not be ed to carry my suitcase on the train. Making and exactly on time, I could see lots of BigHit staff and a few of my colleagues board a double-decker bus. 

" Come let's get on the second floor" Hana grabbed my arm and before I even noticed I was walking up the narrow stairs. The bus was getting full and people were talking loudly. 

We got the front window seats and thank god I had the side, so I could lean on it and sleep for the short ride.

" So how was yesterday?" she winked at me. I totally know what she was implying. She probably thought I got laid and I wish I did too. (Just kidding)

" Had pizza and watched a movie, then headed home" I replied with closed eyes trying to sleep.

" You sure look tired for just movies and pizza," she said trying to tease me. 

" and a glass of wine" I added.

" Uh... so where is it going to lead to?" she asked curiously and I opened my eyes. I didn't have to think much to answer this question.

"No where. I need to focus on myself and it's not realistic. I just want to be happy and not have to rely on anyone else to get it. Does that make sense?" I look at her and she smiles at me.

" I know what you mean, and that is what I have been trying to do for almost 30 years" she placed my head on her shoulder. 

" Do you think we might lose our soul mate since we are thinking this way?" My mother hated my attitude towards relationships and marriage. She didn't really believe in independent women. I always told her that I want to finish my studies, get a good job, buy a house and then maybe find a husband. But she said I would be 40 by the time. Maybe she is still a bit old school since she married my Dad when she was only 22 and had me at 24. I am 22 now and hell no I can not picture myself getting married. 

Hana signed after a short pause and spoke up.

" What are soul mates? I think it's just a concept that was given to as kids. What's important is how the guy is at heart and that is strongly affected by how he was raised and his surroundings. But to say that it's soul mates... I think is wrong. Maybe coincidence... but there is no such thing as soulmates"

" what's the difference between faith and coincidence?" 

" That sounded so poetic" we kept quiet. 

 

 

I could feel the bus coming to a stop and opened my eyes. The sun was shining very brightly and it took me a while to adjust to the brightness.

" Rise and shine" Hana greeted me and before I notiched I heard 2 more voices say hello to me.

" My name is Minyong" the man from the seat behind me pulled his hand through the tiny space between Hana and my seat. 

" Uhm hello" I turned around to see two boys. Probably the same age as Hana. 

The other just gave me a slight smile and nod. 

" Uhm... did we reach yet?" I asked to break the silence. 

" Yes, we will unpack our gear at the venue then head to the hotel" the other spoke up.

" what's your name?" I finally asked the other one as he kept looking at me. 

"Jihyun but you can call me James" he sounded a bit monotone.

" They both work in the marketing department in Bighit" Hana quickly added.

" I see, that's nice" I replied and watched them chit chat.

I looked out the window and could see some other staff unloading. I got up and walked down the stairs. 

My legs felt like dying. 

I wanted to walk down and see the venue. I wanted to also sneek around and find more about the boys. UGH... I don't know why I am so curious about him.

 

" Can I help?" I asked the one familiar face I saw, which was the group manager. 

 " oh hey, its Kat right?" he smiles and I nodded. 

" Maybe, you can get one of the lighter boxes and follow the others" he smiled and lifted up a box that looked pretty heavy.

I walked to the trunk and grabbed a box and followed his way. Doing that for a few more trips, we were done. I tried to look around but I didn't see any signs of the boys.

 

" Let's head to the hotel" Sejin called and the staff cheered. 

" When we get to the hotel is there anything we can help you with?" I asked actually not wanting to help but to find out more what was going on.

" That's okay, you all can rest as we will do the technical set up today." he smiled and we walked towards the bus.

" I see, thank you" and smiled

We boarded the bus again and I headed to Hana, still emerged with the 2 boys. 

" Are they done?" Hana turned around and asked me.

" Yes, we are heading to the hotel now"

" Thank god, I am starving" Hana cheered and the bus started to drive. 

 

 

We reached the hotel which was located around 30 minutes away from the venue. 

I got into my hotel room and without a second thought, I ripped open the complimentary pack of instant noodled they gave in the hotel room. 

Sora: Let's meet for lunch at 2 PM [11:35 AM]

Kat: Ok [11:35 AM]

I tossed myself on the bed and wanted to value the 2 hours of sleep I would get before having to face Sora. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in general, the hotel was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter